AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The gay flag

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by dreamStar View Post
    are you hyper? or do u just thnk way 2 much?
    My logic tends to elude the posters that are not yet accustomed to my stylish writing. And yes, I'm high.... per.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean Bandit
    Do not use those 3 letters again. We do not shortcut certain words here, and that word is at the top of the list.
    F is such a naughty and violent letter. We should never use it. And for that matter, we shouldn't use "eff" anymore either. Just pointing out.

Back on topic: Gay flag. I just hate that it's a rainbow. We should adopt the Nazi classification system back and make the gay symbol a pink triangle for gay men and black for lesbians. I want to enjoy rainbows without having to think of gay.

Also, I hate affirmative action. It's stupid. In this day and age, we should know better than to give special treatment just because white America is trying to remedy its guilty conscious.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Senior Member JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2008 05:06 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ichigosama72 View Post
    Do you like it? I don't. I think it sperates homosexuals from the rest of the world, like we're our own race or something. We're NOT! We just happen to like the same sex is all. Anyway, what do you guys think?
    Now we heterosexual people are going to have to make our own Straight flag, just to balance things out. Damn. Why can't we all just live in harmony?
    I am JuicedUp, aka Wark_Ento...

----
    Anime Mangatism Forums - JOIN if you're a manga artist!
    ----

"They say that guns don't kill people, people kill people. Well, I think the gun helps. If you just stood there and yelled BANG, I don't think you'd kill too many people." -- Eddie Izzard

The Character Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 10:12 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Bean Bandit View Post
    Do not use those 3 letters again. We do not shortcut certain words here, and that word is at the top of the list.

From reading your replies here, your either jealous because you feel left behind, or your homophobic. I will rule out the homophobic because of how your other replies were typed previously. Being left behind from what? This is America. The place where you can achieve almost anything you want, or become what you want. But it doesn't happen by itself. You have to do it yourself. YOU have to go out there and work hard at what you want. Most people are quitters, and then blame society or the system. If your not one of them, then your just another person who sits in the background and whines because someone, or some group is doing something. Whining about strait people not getting scholarships and etc, is so lame. It seems you have issues with other races getting scholarships also. It sounds like you are just one of the many many out there with your hand held out asking for your share. You didn't get a free hand out so it seems your complaining. And that is what a scholarship is. Someone else paying the bill for you.

I Personally would rather see someone from a poor country or ethnic background get a scholarship than the average American who whines and complains they didn't get their free share of handouts. At least that other person is going to make the best of their scholarship because they realize they are in the minority to get in, and that their race or orientation helped them get in. That makes most of them work harder. Then after getting a degree they try to help other less fortunate people out, because they know how hard it is to get in. If you got their scholarship I doubt you would be helping any minorities, or people with different sexual preferences out in any way from the way you typed here in this topic.
    Wow. - claps - Don't you just love it when people think they know who you are? I know I do. Let me just take in one more moment and read it again...

Yep, you know me so well.

If you did read my posts, atleast more than just a few lines you skimmed I'm sure, you would have noticed that I'm not "whining", as you say, about not getting them, I'm stating that either we all get advantages or no one gets them. That's just what I think. Not once did I say, "Oh, I sit on my butt and do nothing and want everything given to me." People should work hard. That's a no-brainer. That's like saying the sun rises and sets. There's nothing wrong with wanting a help hand once in a awhile. I know I've rarely gotten them, but when I did, it helped. You don't know me, you've never lived my life. But if it gets you off, then you turn this into a personal assumption war on human beings in America cause I'm not wasting my time explaining crap like this any more.

And you're absolutely right. I wouldn't help out minorities. I would help anyone and not discriminate against it cause it would be my job. I would get paid to help people. It wouldn't matter what scholarship I got, what school I went to, or who made my friggin' breakfast that day. Comprende?

One more thing. You say scholarships are free money. This is correct. But here's a scenario for you. If you had the choice of working 10 years to make tuition, or 5 years to make tuition with the help of scholarships, which would you choose? You spit this "people need to work hard and handouts are for lazy people" crap when I doubt anyone would turn down free money.

Now, enjoy. -sips on Mountain Dew-

All I need is hand grenades.

Why rob a bank? Rob a drug dealer. What are they gonna do? Call the cops?

MySpace
    http://www.Otaku-Gamer.com

Gods of Death Love Apples Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2012 10:56 AM
    Threads

I love that flag.

Its pretty.
    Sig and Avatar
    by: GoodyLucky

Warcraft: Hit me up!
    Server: Skywall
    Main Toon: Phinvarra
    Alt Toons: Kazrawr and Nithilus

Member Ramonkun has much to be proud of Ramonkun has much to be proud of Ramonkun has much to be proud of Ramonkun has much to be proud of Ramonkun has much to be proud of Ramonkun has much to be proud of Ramonkun has much to be proud of Ramonkun has much to be proud of Ramonkun has much to be proud of Ramonkun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2007 10:55 PM
    Threads

The flag is so rainbowish

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Ramonkun View Post
    The flag is so rainbowish
    Well duh

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Mini_Twilight's Slave Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2008 09:01 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    Wow. - claps - Don't you just love it when people think they know who you are? I know I do. Let me just take in one more moment and read it again...

Yep, you know me so well.

If you did read my posts, atleast more than just a few lines you skimmed I'm sure, you would have noticed that I'm not "whining", as you say, about not getting them, I'm stating that either we all get advantages or no one gets them. That's just what I think.
    Skims back just a little for the following:

Ok. The scholarships for african americans and native americans does piss me off. It's understandable why they get them, but I'm white and I get no scholarship.
    Well that sounds like whining to me. And the hard workers shouldn't get anything more than the slackers?

But if it gets you off, then you turn this into a personal assumption war on human beings in America cause I'm not wasting my time explaining crap like this any more.
    Does this mean your leaving the topic here?

One more thing. You say scholarships are free money. This is correct. But here's a scenario for you. If you had the choice of working 10 years to make tuition, or 5 years to make tuition with the help of scholarships, which would you choose? You spit this "people need to work hard and handouts are for lazy people" crap when I doubt anyone would turn down free money.
    Maybe if you worked harder, or applied yourself more, you would have gotten your schollarship or a full scholarship, and you wouldn't have these issues against others getting scholarships. And those in the minority because of their race, sexual preferences, or background or for whatever reason, most likely work hard to get the chance to be elegible. Basically meaning they worked harder or they are smarter than you.

Now, enjoy. -sips on Mountain Dew-
    I enjoyed it more than you realize.

The Character Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Bean Bandit View Post
    Maybe if you worked harder, or applied yourself more, you would have gotten your schollarship or a full scholarship, and you wouldn't have these issues against others getting scholarships. And those in the minority because of their race, sexual preferences, or background or for whatever reason, most likely work hard to get the chance to be elegible. Basically meaning they worked harder or they are smarter than you.
    Hmm. I've never been to college, nor do I want to. I brought up scholarship as an example. So by mentioning the unfairness in a scholarship, I have been deemed lazy(don't work hard enough) and I'm not smart enough(people are smarter than me.)

Do I laugh, do I bang my head against the wall, wait I know!

I'm not going to care. Stop retorting with "You need to do this! I know you so well! Blah, blah, blah!"

Back it up or shut up. Stop trying to use me as a run around. Cause if you do that, then it's gonna be a very long meaningless conversation about your assumptions and me correcting you.

Now, debate me! -eats cookie-

MySpace

The Original Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Witch Hat Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2021 10:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hmm. I've never been to college, nor do I want to. I brought up scholarship as an example. So by mentioning the unfairness in a scholarship, I have been deemed lazy(don't work hard enough) and I'm not smart enough(people are smarter than me.)

Do I laugh, do I bang my head against the wall, wait I know!

I'm not going to care. Stop retorting with "You need to do this! I know you so well! Blah, blah, blah!"

Back it up or shut up. Stop trying to use me as a run around. Cause if you do that, then it's gonna be a very long meaningless conversation about your assumptions and me correcting you.

Now, debate me! -eats cookie-
    Dude, your immaturity is astounding me. You are in NO position to assume Bean is saying "He knows you". He never once stated that he KNOWS who you are, you're DOING that job for him by what you are TYPING. Also, you've assumed in an earlier post that I was being sensetive, when in fact -- I was not.

Another thing: You are whining. Your sarcasm is showing your immaturity. If you truly wish to debate, saying "Shut up" or being sarcastic is exactly the OPPOSITE of that, because insults aren't tolerated.

Now back on topic, you ARE sounding like someone who is caring about yourself, you remind me of a kid that would say "Mom! You gave him an extra chip more than me!". Your replies to mine have utterly shown nothing useful or anything that even back up your statements. All you seem to be doing is throwing a temper tantrum.

The gay flag doesn't represent anything more than equality and pride. That is the source of its creation. I can PROMISE you that it was not invented to get "free stuff". Homosexuals NEVER claimed they are better than you, or that they deserve more, if you've come encountered one -- Then that's THEIR opinion, not homosexuality as a whole.

Keep that in mind before you reply to me. Because honestly, I would rather debate with someone that actually comes off as an adult, than a child.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Wow. This is vaguely about the gay flag anymore. It's more of a flame-a-thon with hints of gay flag-ism.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless111 View Post
    Wow. This is vaguely about the gay flag anymore. It's more of a flame-a-thon with hints of gay flag-ism.
    Shh... Much like the T-Rex if you don't move, they can't see you.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 09-13-2007 at 09:16 PM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Dude, your immaturity is astounding me. You are in NO position to assume Bean is saying "He knows you". He never once stated that he KNOWS who you are, you're DOING that job for him by what you are TYPING. Also, you've assumed in an earlier post that I was being sensetive, when in fact -- I was not.

Another thing: You are whining. Your sarcasm is showing your immaturity. If you truly wish to debate, saying "Shut up" or being sarcastic is exactly the OPPOSITE of that, because insults aren't tolerated.

Now back on topic, you ARE sounding like someone who is caring about yourself, you remind me of a kid that would say "Mom! You gave him an extra chip more than me!". Your replies to mine have utterly shown nothing useful or anything that even back up your statements. All you seem to be doing is throwing a temper tantrum.

The gay flag doesn't represent anything more than equality and pride. That is the source of its creation. I can PROMISE you that it was not invented to get "free stuff". Homosexuals NEVER claimed they are better than you, or that they deserve more, if you've come encountered one -- Then that's THEIR opinion, not homosexuality as a whole.

Keep that in mind before you reply to me. Because honestly, I would rather debate with someone that actually comes off as an adult, than a child.
    Yeah, I'm done. I don't care any more. Apparently ya'll care more about talking about me than the topic. Peace out.

I love being popular.

MySpace

Senior Member *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Disapprove
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose 133 - Eevee Gir
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-01-2018 12:48 AM
    Threads

no offence taken..^.<

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless111 View Post
    What the hell is flag-ism? *lost*

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Better Than Robin Nightwing is on a distinguished road Nightwing's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 02:59 AM
    Threads

Long story short:
    Flags that aren't used to separate distinction between states, provinces, and countries are pretty much useless.

ESPECIALLY, ones simply declaring sexuality or race.
    The key to unity, integration, and general acceptance is to eliminate things like this. And "black history month". On that note, every month should be black history month, just like every month is white history month. Hell, throw in some japanese and hungarian if you want. Year round!

Point is, the sooner we stop making separate months and flags and recognition, the sooner we can forget there was any division to begin with.
    Last edited by Nightwing; 09-14-2007 at 03:01 AM.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Bean let's not start throwing "homophobic" around, homophobia refers to a fear of homosexuals. You can be completely against their life choices or them having a flag and whatever without being homophobic...

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Senior Member Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2010 12:17 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Point is, the sooner we stop making separate months and flags and recognition, the sooner we can forget there was any division to begin with.
    Exactly, I agree 150.5%.

The Illusive Man Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 10:14 PM
    Threads

Well there seems to be a flag for everything, so whatever works do so I guess. Each of the "United States" have their own flag, yet are still considered a unified whole (for the most part). Symbolism is the key objective of the flag, when words aren't enough?...or something to that effect.
    Though, a rainbow wouldn't be my top choice to define any sort of issue, I of a marketing mind, would have suggested an unrelated, yet loveable Zeus like figure hurling down homosexual symbol lightning bolts. I'd like to see someone try and go against that flag.

Also saying:
    "Maybe if you worked harder, or applied yourself more, you would have gotten your schollarship or a full scholarship, and you wouldn't have these issues against others getting scholarships. And those in the minority because of their race, sexual preferences, or background or for whatever reason, most likely work hard to get the chance to be elegible. Basically meaning they worked harder or they are smarter than you"

Is a rather overly idealistic statement. I for one worked my behind off in school, did the whole community service, applied for many different ones, and still only received 1, not counting the standard University one. While others who did far less than I did, received far more scholarships because of certain "factors" and "natural" academic talent that allowed them to breeze by things that I had to work for. Oh it's so easy to get a full ride these days, we Americans who apply ourselves, must not be applying enough...curse our lack of effort.
    Hardwork is boiling down to a participation ribbon...sure you feel like you did something, but as hard as you tried you didn't really get that much...(or you really suck, which those ribbons usually are there for)
    Saying things such as whining Americans who complain about not receiving handouts, is far beyond a generalization...which does little to support an argument.
    If the world was perfect, everyone would have equal this and that, and I'd probably be going to any college of my choice...but as we all know its not. Homosexuals deal with it (their own unrelated issues), hard working yet not up to "top tier standards" Americans deal with it and so on and so on.
    I have no real problem with minorities, left handers or whomever receives "free" scholarships, but this whiny American hopes they are really using it wisely.
    Last edited by Fionn Mac; 09-14-2007 at 11:05 PM.

Dark Wolf Angel Fast_as_Fire_ is infamous around these parts Fast_as_Fire_ is infamous around these parts Fast_as_Fire_ is infamous around these parts Fast_as_Fire_ is infamous around these parts Fast_as_Fire_ is infamous around these parts Fast_as_Fire_ is infamous around these parts Fast_as_Fire_ is infamous around these parts Fast_as_Fire_ is infamous around these parts Fast_as_Fire_ is infamous around these parts Fast_as_Fire_ is infamous around these parts Fast_as_Fire_ is infamous around these parts Fast_as_Fire_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 11:46 PM
    BL land, where NaoTaka makes Samura go BOOM
    Threads

My dad makes fun of my dog being gay, something about a rainbow sticker on his dog house. :\
    OH WAIT-- Little girls like rainbows! Does this mean--?!
    --Nah, just messing around.
    Anyways, I'm neutral to this opinion.
    Sure it's stereotypical, but actually, some homosexuals are PROUD of it :\ I can't say anything, honestly. I will just keep my mouth shut for the time being.

Or something like that
    'SCUSE ME SIR, BUT I BELIEVE YOU WERE LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND?!'
    Lol, wut. I oekaki lots.
    Pretty much the only place I go to nao.
    'DON'T DO IT YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR'
    C-cute ;o;

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Why cant we all just be one big happy family? Lets make a flag for humanity and all say, thats ours!

In a way i like the gay flag becuse if i see one then i know im welcome there, but at the same time like others have said, it also adds division

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Oh? So if you feel this way, you must also disagree with African Americans getting special scholarships as well. OH, and that NATIVE American Indians get a FULL-TUITION ride through college, just for being a native! You must not like that either.
    Not to turn this into a racial thing, but I fully disagree with affirmative action and feel people should be eligible by the quality of their work ethic and not by the color of their skin or where their parents came from. Yes, this does indeed extend to scholarships that are only available to people of a certain race, religion, sexual preference, gender, or other defining mark.

Also, you know me and you know I support gay rights, but this makes it look like you're calling homosexuality a race which it is not. It is a sexual preference. There is a huge difference, and it was a poor choice of words to use in this argument.

Also Bean, get off your supposed moral high horse. There is nothing in what he immediately said that would suggest he was whining about simply scholarships, Piper brought that issue to the forefront in an attempt to make him back down lest he be considered racist. You felt you should superimpose an "I'm a lazy American, the gays and the blacks are keeping me down!" over what he said, and that's just as ignorant as he's being. Affirmative Action helps people not based off of their income bracket, but their race. It was originally intended only for African-American students both as part of reparations for slavery and to compensate for the fact that most African-Americans applying at the time came from extremely low-income families. However, now it's been extended to other races, and those that benefited from Affirmative Action and could probably afford to send their descendants to college have children and even grandchildren benefiting from it when a student from a less financially secure Caucasian family would have a greater need for it. The "quota" system is racially divisive and breeds racism, the very thing it was intended to combat.

I'm not saying that happens everywhere and to every white kid that doesn't make it, nor am I saying no black kids can make it to college on their own. What I'm saying is that by giving someone an advantage based on race, it not only makes the playing field highly unbalanced but cheapens the success of those people that would potentially benefit from it. Even if they earned it themselves, all it takes is one person to bring up affirmative action to cast a shadow of doubt on their achievements and not everyone can ignore something like that so easily.

As for Zantetsuken, I'm not even going to bother. Bean and Piper I know will approach things rationally, but from what you've posted here you seem quite happy being ignorant and I am far from inclined to join the chorus of voices attempting to enlighten you. Some of what you've said is true about some individuals, but making broad sweeping statements about a group of people and believing them is what makes you a fool and anything you say immediately worthless in this discussion.

EDIT: Forgot this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Mini_Twilight View Post
    Bean let's not start throwing "homophobic" around, homophobia refers to a fear of homosexuals. You can be completely against their life choices or them having a flag and whatever without being homophobic...
    Agreed. Unfortunately, people that lack a strong argument hide behind certain buzzwords that accuse their opposite of having some fault or prejudice instead of offering a rebuttal.

YET ANOTHER EDIT:

For the record, I would be Pansexual. Someone, I believe Masali, linked the wikipedia entry for it, so I shouldn't have to do it again nor should I have to explain it.
    Last edited by Sanosuke23; 10-12-2007 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Reporting my sexual orientation to clarify which side of the fence I'm sitting on.

Member nickinerdface is just really nice nickinerdface is just really nice nickinerdface is just really nice nickinerdface is just really nice nickinerdface is just really nice nickinerdface's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2007 10:49 AM
    Threads

/agree@Sano

[CENTER][CENTER] [B][FONT=Arial][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]My boys are love!

Banned Forum / Chat DarkSword is infamous around these parts DarkSword is infamous around these parts DarkSword is infamous around these parts DarkSword is infamous around these parts DarkSword is infamous around these parts DarkSword is infamous around these parts DarkSword is infamous around these parts DarkSword is infamous around these parts DarkSword's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2007 03:25 AM
    Threads

i donno anything bout this flag thingy cause i ain't gay unlike you.....

hold me accountable Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 03:49 PM
    Threads

Wth? Who said you have to be gay to know about the flag? I can't decide if you're being serious, or you're trying to tempt a flame war.
    "Done because we are too meny."

The Lich Sith Lord Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2010 01:20 PM
    Threads

I am all for Gay Marraige and all, but a flag? COME ON! It's not a religion, race, country. It's a sexuality. It shouldn't even matter. It's no big deal. We ALL have our pleasures.

Closed Thread

Thread Information