AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Fabala's Photography: "The Land Down Under"

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Fabala's Photography: "The Land Down Under"

I'm an amateur at best, but have always found photography to be a good bit of fun. Nearly every art teacher I've ever had has said I have an eye for composition. On occasion I think that's true, and hope that "eye" found or will find its way into my photography.

The following pictures were taken June/July of 2005 during my second trip to Australia. I was using my beloved Canon A80, which has since bitten the dust. Inspired by this forum, I think I'll be looking into replacing it in the near future.

Harbour Bridge. Sky wasn't the best, but we'd gone to the city specifically for Harbour Bridge photos. Of course it cleared up later in the day ;p

Odd angle on the Opera House. I was tired of same-old, same-old.

Harbour Bridge again. Considering this was taken from the back of a ferry, I was pleased with it.

This is actually taken from the Taronga Zoo. It contains one of the best views of both the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House I've found to date.

Some random buildings in Sydney. I loved the varieties of color and shape in that particular grouping.

The coast in one of the many many 'burbs of Sydney. There are occasionally whale sightings from that far ridge in the background.

More to come at a later date from the same trip ^_^
    Last edited by Fabala; 09-11-2007 at 01:44 AM.

Senior Member *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Disapprove
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose 133 - Eevee Gir
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-01-2018 12:48 AM
    Threads

the second one of the bridge and the last one of the cost are my faves. the are all so very pretty though.

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2013 08:59 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

You do have a sense for composition - I like 3rd, 5th and 6th pics best (yay for rule of 3rds). Post more pics.

In need of a dose of ARIA.
    In need of a ticket to Neo-Venezia.

Ivanova is god.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

The blue-domey building thing used to be Sega World, I loved that place ;_;

Nice photos ^_^

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Really? Nice. I was wondering about that one...so oddly shaped.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So when do I get to have a picture of you? HMMM? I demand artsy ones of you and Beerin' asap.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Junior Member rianess is a splendid one to behold rianess is a splendid one to behold rianess is a splendid one to behold rianess is a splendid one to behold rianess is a splendid one to behold rianess is a splendid one to behold rianess is a splendid one to behold rianess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2007 03:55 PM
    Threads

these are great

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Grey View Post
    So when do I get to have a picture of you? HMMM? I demand artsy ones of you and Beerin' asap.
    lol. He wants to take pictures together, actually. Or so he said the other day when I discussed replacing my camera. I'm holding him to it!

Senior Member plucky has a reputation beyond repute plucky has a reputation beyond repute plucky has a reputation beyond repute plucky has a reputation beyond repute plucky has a reputation beyond repute plucky has a reputation beyond repute plucky has a reputation beyond repute plucky has a reputation beyond repute plucky has a reputation beyond repute plucky has a reputation beyond repute plucky has a reputation beyond repute plucky's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2008 07:40 PM
    Threads

Gorgeous photos.

I never understood that joke until I experienced a chicken crossing a road.

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

A couple more I've dug up. Both are from the same 2005 trip to Aussieland.

This was taken on my first trip out to the country area where I'm living now, temporarily. I just love these trees. Couldn't tell you what they are.

Right down the road from where my in-laws live, along a path leading to the water. This was in the middle of winter, mind you. As a resident of northeastern America (thus used to everything looking brown and dead in winter), I was impressed with the colors.

More to come!

Edit: Ended up tweaking the colors on the second a bit after all ^^
    Last edited by Fabala; 09-07-2007 at 06:53 AM.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

I have no idea what that tree is, but we have one lol. Surprisingly, we get a lot of red colours in winter. Share more happy snaps :P

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Aritzia Lyne Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2008 09:11 AM
    Threads

Oh nice work. They're clear and you've chosen excellent views for the first few. And your latest ones are great. =]

Much love to Jagan Eye for the lovely set. <3

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Aaand the final lot of the 2005 pictures I've dredged up. One of these days I'll try to track down the ones I took last year ^^

This was on the shore across from my in-laws' place. What is it about an old decrepit boat that is so interesting?

Same boat. Experimenting on the angle. Because it's just so fascinating, yo.

This is towards the top of the path leading to that shore. I was still going wild over how green everything was in the dead of winter. You'd think it was the first time I'd seen it ^^;;;

The same shoreline, much further down the road.

As a note, aside from altering their size, I haven't edited anything on any of these or previous images. I certainly can, though, if there are suggestions. I'm always up for trying something out.

Member elizabethswann has a reputation beyond repute elizabethswann has a reputation beyond repute elizabethswann has a reputation beyond repute elizabethswann has a reputation beyond repute elizabethswann has a reputation beyond repute elizabethswann has a reputation beyond repute elizabethswann has a reputation beyond repute elizabethswann has a reputation beyond repute elizabethswann has a reputation beyond repute elizabethswann has a reputation beyond repute elizabethswann has a reputation beyond repute elizabethswann's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2008 09:14 AM
    Threads

Default nice

your
    pictures
    are
    sooooo
    nice..
    i love
    them
    all!!!
    especially the
    last one!!
    i love
    beaches... it
    really takes my
    breath
    away....

Junior Member Blind is on a distinguished road Blind's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-22-2007 07:10 PM
    Threads

I would try and name the ones I like, but I really can't say. I love to travel, but I don't get to it too much, and it's usually the same place.
    Nice photos.

Closed Thread

Thread Information