AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Princess Hoshi's Art

... loves YOU! Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2008 07:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Princess Hoshi's Art

My old art thread became locked, do to my inactivity on this site. ^^; I'm going to try and stay more active... There should be no problem in making a new thread, yes?

But enjoy everyone! Please give me some critique from where I stand with my art right now! =)

Mew Purin from Tokyo Mew Mew!

This is suppose to be...myself, for a future Tekkoshocon fanfic. *nods* ^^;

Some critique is really encouraged! <3 And PLEASE. Make your thoughts contructive on why you liked the picture or want to give improvements.
    Last edited by Princess Hoshi; 09-02-2007 at 07:27 PM.

Junior Member uswin is a splendid one to behold uswin is a splendid one to behold uswin is a splendid one to behold uswin is a splendid one to behold uswin is a splendid one to behold uswin is a splendid one to behold uswin is a splendid one to behold uswin is a splendid one to behold uswin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2007 04:53 AM
    Threads

wow that's cool picture

anime best new series | new video game release | comic news |anime artwork | free wallpaper to download for pc | comic manga online, Visit : http://animegamecomicaw.blogspot.com to check all of our artworks. have a nice visit

Junior Member Moo27 has a brilliant future Moo27 has a brilliant future Moo27 has a brilliant future Moo27 has a brilliant future Moo27 has a brilliant future Moo27 has a brilliant future Moo27 has a brilliant future Moo27 has a brilliant future Moo27 has a brilliant future Moo27 has a brilliant future Moo27 has a brilliant future Moo27's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2007 06:15 AM
    Threads

Those are cute ;3 looks like colored pencil you look like your getting into the shading pretty well as well, I would like to see more and perhaps more shading on the clothing not saying its bad by any means ;3

... loves YOU! Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Moo27 View Post
    Those are cute ;3 looks like colored pencil you look like your getting into the shading pretty well as well, I would like to see more and perhaps more shading on the clothing not saying its bad by any means ;3
    Of course it's not bad! I always want to know how I can improve. =D

I do use colored pencil, yes. ^^; I use prismas (in those pictures I combined them with roseart, crayola and prismas) and the colorless blender. I would like to color them digitally with photoshop, but I don't have it. XD;

Senior Member Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2010 12:41 PM
    Threads

The only deal I have with your pictures is that they're ... stiff. I dunno how to put it ... I mean, they're good ideas, but you've got a ways to go to make it to the level I think you can reach.

☃ Snowmen! ☃ ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2011 06:23 PM
    Threads

I'm in agreement with bucky katt. They feel a bit stiff, i think the reason might be the anatomy, but the pose has a large impact as well. I suggest taking some time off and looking at some proportions. Look at some models and such (leah dizon has lotsa mainstream japanese poses).
    Anyways, look in the mirror also, Put you palm at your chin and your finger tips should be close if not at the hairline. Use this to help you measure ie) shoulder to elbow is 1 face, elbow to wrist is 1 face. 2 faces from the chin is the belly button area.
    Also, the knuckles in the second picture are too flat. They need to roll downward, Look at your own hand when you make a fist.

Anywho, that being said, I think you have very large potential. Your coloring with pencil crayons are done nicely. If you continue on with traditional media, might i suggest copic markers later down the road?
    Keep it goin =] i look foward to your next picture ^^

oh yeah, if you want to do digital coloring, i can help you in that area =]
    Last edited by ProjectVirtue; 09-02-2007 at 08:37 PM.

ProjectVirtue.Deviantart.com

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Awesome! (Thanks for the comment on my art, I really appreciate it! ^^)

Your coloring is so nice! <3 You're very good with colored pencils! And I admire your hand drawing ability. O_O

Um, critique? Hmmm... I hope you don't mind me giving you some. ^^; I think you're talented and just need a bit more of a push to get even better. =P

So... You've shaded the skin, but remember, clothes also need to be shaded. So I guess what I mean is... more shading of the whole pic in general? xD

And... I know I shouldn't be one to say this, but your charas are kind of stiff, like what Bucky Katt said. Maybe more folds in the clothing would help?

Oh and one more thing. XD In the first pic, the spoon is bigger than the cup... almost, not really. So just be careful of that. =D

I hope this helps! You're very creative in colors and clothes, and I think that you can really take your drawings to the next level. Btw, feel free to critique me as much as you want, too! xD

Wow I just noticed that this is the longest comment I have EVER written on AF. Haha!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Katt View Post
    The only deal I have with your pictures is that they're ... stiff. I dunno how to put it ... I mean, they're good ideas, but you've got a ways to go to make it to the level I think you can reach.
    I totally understand. No flow, whatsoever. ^^;;; Alot of my pictures can come out tensed up and stiff, and I -REALLY- don't know how to give it flow. Especially, ever since I started out just copying pictures, referencing and make pictures from memory for about 3 years (drawing for about 5). I started to use stick models this year, but I know I'm getting better. So, thank you for telling me that. =D

ProjectVirture: Kinda what I said above. I just started to use proportional models this year, so I'm not really good at it yet and I've been trying to teach myself. I will definetly take your suggestions. But thank you for the encouragement. I will get some more art up soon! ^.^-

Last edited by Princess Hoshi; 09-02-2007 at 09:02 PM.

Senior Member Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2010 12:41 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Hoshi View Post
    I totally understand. No flow, whatsoever. ^^;;; Alot of my pictures can come out tensed up and stiff, and I -REALLY- don't know how to give it flow. Especially, ever since I started out just copying pictures, referencing and make pictures from memory for about 3 years (drawing for about 5). I started to use stick models this year, but I know I'm getting better. So, thank you for telling me that. =D
    You know what, for being a good sport about my criticism, I'll give you advice that works everytime. Think of what you wanna draw, alright? Really think it through. Then, find a song that you think best represents what you're doodling. Put the song on repeat, and then begin sketching your idea in. That's what I do when I need to add some flow. Oh, and don't forget to kinda put yourself in the picture.

Senior Member DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Heart Carrot Chilled Monkey Brains
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2013 03:50 PM
    Threads

They look innocent, although you need work, i know you're going to get alot better. Keep up the good work, and i look forward to more pictures from you.

-Property of Ky Love- Shirai Ryu Scorpion has a reputation beyond repute Shirai Ryu Scorpion has a reputation beyond repute Shirai Ryu Scorpion has a reputation beyond repute Shirai Ryu Scorpion has a reputation beyond repute Shirai Ryu Scorpion has a reputation beyond repute Shirai Ryu Scorpion has a reputation beyond repute Shirai Ryu Scorpion has a reputation beyond repute Shirai Ryu Scorpion has a reputation beyond repute Shirai Ryu Scorpion has a reputation beyond repute Shirai Ryu Scorpion has a reputation beyond repute Shirai Ryu Scorpion has a reputation beyond repute Shirai Ryu Scorpion's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2010 02:06 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cpt Fox McCloud

Those are awesome how many years have you worked with color? I cannot cooperate with color x_x

Junior Member RukiaKuchiki333 will become famous soon enough RukiaKuchiki333 will become famous soon enough RukiaKuchiki333's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2007 09:53 AM
    Threads

Those are awesome. Can you give me some tips on shading and coloring? I can't do it as well, so I usually don't color mine.

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Manekineko American Flag Ribbon
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 10:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Aww kawaii drawings ^^ yay! neko!

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--
    Karami the Neko Red Bean Dango ~
    Want to join Karami's Big Dango Family?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

As for the coloring, I learned how to color like that from a tutorial.

http://fanmanga.theotaku.com/view.ph...trieve&id=1925

I highly recommend it to anyone who is struggling with coloring! ^_^- And also, having prismas.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Weee I got something newer up now! <3 This is one of my recent favorites. The picture is a fan character from Tokyo Mew Mew. It was an Art Trade I had with someone on theotaku.com. Character nnnnot mine! XD Enjoy everyone! ^^-

Closed Thread

Thread Information