AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Alesana

Member BlessTheFailure is infamous around these parts BlessTheFailure is infamous around these parts BlessTheFailure is infamous around these parts BlessTheFailure's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2007 01:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Post Alesana

Biography:

With humble beginnings in Baltimore and then solidifying their lineup in Raleigh, North Carolina, the genre-blending quintet called Alesana has come a long way in order to bring you their musical vision and incendiary live performance. Exploring the heights of love and the lows of heartbreak and bitterness that often follow, Alesana's music strikes a universal chord with audiences around the world. Fans embrace the emotional sincerity and undeniable intensity of the music while reveling in the reckless abandon with which alesana performs. Formed in October 2004 by guitarist/vocalist Shawn Milke, guitarist Patrick Thompson, vocalist Dennis Lee, and bassist Steven Tomany, Alesana quickly became a staple of the burgeoning Raleigh post-hardcore scene. If you ask anyone in Alesana about the type of music they play they will tell you "sweetcore" because they are such sweet guys however if you listen to their music you will learn that it is because of their music which mixes hardcore screaming with high pitched vocals and melodic catchy hooks. This is only truly justified and sweetly shocking when you first see the six band members hurling their bodies around stage as they sweat profusely and really get into their performance. This is Alesana's first year on warped tour. "We feel like warped tour is the next big step for the band. It is such a great opportunity to play for new kids and expand our fan base. That and our tour bus. We can't believe we are actually going to be on a real tour bus. Sick!!!!!," says Shawn Milke, vocalist,guitarist, pianist. They are not new to touring having already tour with Drop Dead Gorgeous, Bless the Fall, Haste The Day, From Autumn to Ashes, Set Your Goals and Bayside in 2007 along and soon to tour with From First to Last and Chiodos. The breaks between these tours will only be full of more dates in Mexico selling out thousand person venues filling their schedules through Dec 2007. On Frail Wings of Vanity and Wax, Alesana's latest album, hit stores this past spring with an enhanced disk which includes live footage and an interview that should not be missed. "The album is our interpretation of greek mythology and how the same stories and lessons apply in modern day society. Each song is our take on a different myth with a modern twist to it in most cases, but trying to leave the core of the stories intact," says vocalist Dennis Lee.

For this Thread, please pick your favorite song(s) from Alesana.

This thread can be if you like or hate Alesana, but you still need to post your song(s).

[Please stick on the Topic]
    [BlessTheFailure]

Revenge is Sweet...

Member BlessTheFailure is infamous around these parts BlessTheFailure is infamous around these parts BlessTheFailure is infamous around these parts BlessTheFailure's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2007 01:57 AM
    Threads

Me Favorite Songs:

Ambrosia

Apology
    [BlessTheFailure]

Revenge is Sweet...

Theomorphic Abomination Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 11:32 PM
    Threads

I see you've gotten better at bio's even though this is still seems bias in my opinion. I specifically checked them out because of this thread and I don't like them honestly. They go from this light melodic singing to this effeminate screaming. I respect your taste in music but eh, I'll pass. If I want screaming I'll go for Opeth or something.

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 03:57 PM
    Threads

I got their album for a friend of mine, and I don't know why she loves it so much. I listened to it and it felt so no frills and awful. There wasn't a single stand-out track on that bad album, so I can't tell you a favourite song, that'd make it look like the band has something redeemable under it's belt.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Wow...

There's absolutely nothing good about this band. My advice to them: Learn how to play your instruments.
    Last edited by Myrra; 08-07-2007 at 11:29 AM. Reason: >_< LINKING VIOLATION
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 03:57 PM
    Threads

Oh god. xD Oh man. xD I really forgot how terrible this band is. Oh god. xD

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    Threads

Hmmm I don't really like them much. All they seem to do is scream. There is no variation in the screaming so it becomes incredibly boring after 5 seconds. However, there are some songs that I like IF I'm in one of my emo-ish moods =P

Senior Member xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2007 09:25 PM
    Threads

Wow again xD

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Smile

Once again, plagiarised from another site without credit.

PUNK NEWS

And Masali..the next time it occurs to you to post a YouTube link here in J-Pop and I'll do more than bad rep you. You knowingly violated the rules.

once again....

CLOSED!!!!
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Closed Thread

Thread Information