AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you think "War" is moralisticly: A bad idea or good idea?

Senior Member Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2007 02:31 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Atlantis, in the Depen Inn having a drink with Barbarossa
    Threads

Default Do you think "War" is moralisticly: A bad idea or good idea?

In history we had thousands of wars; some over the stupidest things and some over realistic ideologies and resources or the eradication of a group of people thought inferior to the aggressors. It's all opinions but heres an example:

Some believe the United States went to Iraq to secure a Pro-American puppet government under the name and idea of "Democracy". Furthermore to secure the oil fields of Iraq to allow undisrupted flow gasoline into our tankers in this fine, super-capitalist (Had to add) country.

That hasn't really related to the question however look deeper and you'll understand. If the U.S Imperialism of Iraq was successful, would our country and Iraq be doing better or for worse?

Enough? So in a nice mannered argument over the morality of War - do you think War in its definition is correct? Human between human over a strip of fertile soil or gasoline and metals? Killing off a species of animals because they threaten towns or whether for religious or secular means kill off an population of human beings. We can bring this to new heights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/War
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=War

I believe War shouldn't be thought morally but from a broader 3rd perspective not that I ignore the gruesome atrocities and effects of it.

If an species of hostile animals wore in an region of iron metal and this to-be flourishing civilization had to kill them with wooden sticks to obtain the metal, it should be done. Does the animal species use this material? No therefore they should be emigrated to another area or be enslaved/killed off. Of course people are going to say its wrong a thousand years ago or during that time in another land because they weren't their to understand it. You have to make sacrifices even if the next thing suffers to survive. It's all about Survival and it makes as much sense as a starving child cannibalizing over another dead boy or eating something recently alive you thought was cute or it didn't have to be done.

If you saw somebody kill a Deer with a rifle, would you get upset? Probably because that was "mean", irresponsible but put yourself in that persons position. If you were hungry and had no money to purchase food and had the materials to make food out of a living thing, wouldn't you be holding that rifle and pointing it at a Deer licking your lips? Exactly.

Also War has brought Humanity boundless leaps into new places of science and understanding. I have faith in that if we didn't experience both World Wars, we would never be as advanced today. The theory of Radar would've taken longer would not if the U-Boat situation around Britain and Britain's desire to defend its island from Germany not be an reality. Think about rocket technology, without Adolf Hitler and the previous war things would be slower today. We can make up assumptions or in some peoples minds conclusions that we could've done faster or to late who knows, but history has documented the motivation of individuals in improving a certain thing or creating say the computer because X war threatened X country and X country brought television, cable and cars into the world thereafter. It is a deep stray away from the question but its still relevant.
    "Gotta take the good with the bad, smile to the sad, love what you got and remember what you had." - Project Pat

Digital Plague bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2007 07:47 AM
    Threads

In history wars were waged for lands and conquering but today over oil and some other stuff.

I say stop it fighting over oil how foolish ¬_¬!II
    Last edited by bttr; 06-10-2007 at 09:16 AM.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Morality is subjective, ergo it depends. I don't think it matters how anyone feels about it anyway.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Member lafiel has a spectacular aura about lafiel has a spectacular aura about lafiel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2007 09:20 PM
    Threads

Honestly I believe it depends on the situation that has arisen. War is never really morally right unless it's to stop some lunatic from taking over the world like Hitler. We havent been at war at all since World War 2 though. Vietnam and Iraq arent technically wars "shrugs". So yes morally it was right for the civil war/world war 2. Thats what I think.

Senior Member Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2019 11:16 AM
    Threads

Tsktsk..War. Nothing but trouble. Just because something of that sort happens, doesn't mean it needs to last a few years. Just like the Iraqi war. Now true, well said, Lafiel. It may be to stop some maniac, yet that doesn't mean several countries need to be involved. Let them take care of it on their own. Now, if it were about Civil War, fighting with neigboring countries, still, we'd not need to be involved. War is just another bit of nonsense this world Does. NOT need. All it causes is death of the innocent, and destruction of cities and economies. It is not needed, that is, in my opinion.

hold me accountable Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 03:49 PM
    Threads

I can't really be bothered to read all that you posted but I skimmed over it and... Well I'm not sure how to answer your question.

Personally I don't beleive in morals, it's like right and wrong, nobody can say what's right and wrong, morals follow a similar idea.
    Anyhow... If I cut it down to 'Do you think war is a bad idea or a good idea?' Bad. Always bad, but (without putting too much thought into it, so don't blame me if I'm wrong) I get a funny fealing we couldn't get by without it...
    "Done because we are too meny."

Member lafiel has a spectacular aura about lafiel has a spectacular aura about lafiel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by wú yǔ View Post
    Tsktsk..War. Nothing but trouble. Just because something of that sort happens, doesn't mean it needs to last a few years. Just like the Iraqi war. Now true, well said, Lafiel. It may be to stop some maniac, yet that doesn't mean several countries need to be involved. Let them take care of it on their own. Now, if it were about Civil War, fighting with neigboring countries, still, we'd not need to be involved. War is just another bit of nonsense this world Does. NOT need. All it causes is death of the innocent, and destruction of cities and economies. It is not needed, that is, in my opinion.
    I'd have to agree with you on some of that stuff. Although war is bad and innocent lives are lost I do think sometimes it is needed. I dont neccessarily like it though. War is our way of survival of the fittest. If we never had any wars at all throughout the years our earth would be worse off IMO. We would be way to overpopulated and there would be much starvation in the world with all the people. It may sound harsh but we need it to sweep up some of the people so to speak.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    Morality is subjective, ergo it depends. I don't think it matters how anyone feels about it anyway.
    ... so, yeh.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Quote Originally Posted by bttr View Post
    In history wars were waged for lands and conquering but today over oil and some other stuff.

I say stop it fighting over oil how foolish Ź_Ź!II
    As aposed to land or the classic "My god is better than yours".
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I say stop it fighting over oil how foolish Ź_Ź!II
    What's foolish about trying to improve your own situation at the expense of others? Sounds like a great plan, if you ask me.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation KeokoXxXInuzuka is just really nice KeokoXxXInuzuka is just really nice KeokoXxXInuzuka is just really nice KeokoXxXInuzuka is just really nice KeokoXxXInuzuka is just really nice KeokoXxXInuzuka's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2007 01:36 PM
    Threads

Default hmm I think wars should..

I think they should stop, I mean I don't like losing love ones and I know alot of people don't. Counting I lost one of my best friends in the war and we all still miss him so yea...

~XxX♥Keoko♥XxX

Senior Member Tiamat has a reputation beyond repute Tiamat has a reputation beyond repute Tiamat has a reputation beyond repute Tiamat has a reputation beyond repute Tiamat has a reputation beyond repute Tiamat has a reputation beyond repute Tiamat has a reputation beyond repute Tiamat has a reputation beyond repute Tiamat has a reputation beyond repute Tiamat has a reputation beyond repute Tiamat has a reputation beyond repute Tiamat's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2007 08:46 PM
    Threads

Now-'n'-days...war is just-...a total waste of time.

I mean, I don't like it either, but WWII, for example. There we had a good reason.

War against Iraq: Oil.
    I had two friends go to war because of the gas. o.O I'm not sure if they were joking about it, but they seemed pretty serious to me.

...There are some old cars that can be powered by other means.
    I think one guy powers his with used vegetable oil.

Senior Member Maledictis Voca has a reputation beyond repute Maledictis Voca has a reputation beyond repute Maledictis Voca has a reputation beyond repute Maledictis Voca has a reputation beyond repute Maledictis Voca has a reputation beyond repute Maledictis Voca has a reputation beyond repute Maledictis Voca has a reputation beyond repute Maledictis Voca has a reputation beyond repute Maledictis Voca has a reputation beyond repute Maledictis Voca has a reputation beyond repute Maledictis Voca has a reputation beyond repute Maledictis Voca's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2008 09:36 AM
    Threads

I am against war in every way, and I wish people didn't have to die just because our stupid governments can't agree on something.
    Last edited by Maledictis Voca; 06-10-2007 at 04:06 PM.
    Whom we Are:
    It is said that the cursed
    were once seekers of truth
    and wisdom, blinded by power
    and hate, who were then judged and
    sentenced to an eternity of life.
    Never to fully die, never to
    fully live and never to find tranquility.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

If people like you ruled Voca, we'd all be speaking German right now and be holding hereditary passports.

War is both good and bad. Sometimes necessary, sometimes not. Whether it be for resources, revenge, expansion, ideals, it's as was already said subjective. So while at the heart of a war it may be difficult to see whether it is right or wrong, usually the victor will determine what it is for us.

I say stop it fighting over oil how foolish ¬_¬!II
    To you and your narrow view perhaps. The US is addicted to oil. It needs it. When oil reserves start running dry, people like you will be the first to cry foul and slam the Government for not procuring enough oil.

Given the shortages of fossil fuels and their predicted spiral decline, perhaps the US is attempting to secure a lifeline while it adapts its populace to different fuels and means of using energy. In which case, it is basically acting for the preservation of the "American way" - so if that is the case, tell me how it is foolish to ensure people can drive their cars to and from work, heat their houses and warm their water?
    Last edited by Sagat; 06-10-2007 at 05:17 PM.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Maledictis Voca View Post
    I am against war in every way, and I wish people didn't have to die just because our stupid governments can't agree on something.
    So you would oppose US military interference with the current genocides in Africa, such as in Darfur?

But as for me, war is a vicarious thing that doesn't directly affect me as of yet. War is sad, but unavoidable.

faceˇless –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Ace of Trades Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2007 12:28 PM
    Threads

The basis of necessity sucks. Look at the wars it's brought us.

I guess evolved psychological aspects enable us to kill people whose faces we'll only see once in our lives, or less. If it's for the good of the country or entity, we can press buttons and pull triggers to our hearts' content. Superpowers of the world can boil things down to one key component of the existence of their followers -- superiority -- say they're right, and call it a night. They've got what we need, so let's use all existing media, our use of political rhetoric and proudly declare "Mine's bigger than yours!" before we make our opponents (not so much "enemies" as they are "obstacles") bloody smears on the face of history.

Frankly, I believe what I've just described above is a complete load of crap. And I'm not even attacking anyone else's views here. Let's face it, most of us here are in an overall better state and situation than the rest of the world, that it's difficult for us to hold an objective viewpoint as it concerns the preservation of life on Earth. Glorifying the use of weapons, capitalism and self-preservation at the expense of all else... glorifying these things seems a bit counterproductive to the advocation of humanity's continued existence.

If it's truly a human trait to be this destructive, I don't think the killing will stop with our enemies. And prospects of martial rule or a utopia don't hold nearly as much promise.
    life is an existential carousel... (journal update: dec 12 2006) //// dawnrune made my avy. he also made a sig for me, but I'm going to retire it. (looking for a replacement set! but I have no money. interested in helping? PM me.)
    ~
    has anyone seen my life? if so, report to AF's lost and found

Aritzia Lyne Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2008 09:11 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Maledictis Voca View Post
    I agree with this.
    However, sometimes war can be seen as an advantage to some countries' economy.

Much love to Jagan Eye for the lovely set. <3

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sobriquet View Post
    I agree with this.
    However, sometimes war can be seen as an advantage to some countries' economy.
    So you would also oppose military interaction if it were to prevent a genocide of some sort?

faceˇless –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I think war is just stupid. Why don't they just take the oil and run for it instead of killing thousands of people.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    I think war is just stupid. Why don't they just take the oil and run for it instead of killing thousands of people.
    I see someone has never tired to run through the desert with a 55-gallon barrel strapped to their back.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I didnt mean literally run >_>

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

On the issue of morality... I get so sick of civilians trying to protest, not just military action, but then complaining about the way military action is taken.

I've got some news for them: War isn't a humanitarian prospect. There aren't rules, generosity, or fair play. Stop whining and let the soldiers do what they need to do. I got so sickened when I hear of soldiers being accused of "war crimes" while trying to defend themselves.

...There are some old cars that can be powered by other means.
    I think one guy powers his with used vegetable oil.

Vegetable oil works so long as only whiny (comment withheld) hippies use it. Vegetable oil is more expensive than gasoline, and your local grocer doesn't exactly have thousands of gallons handy for people to use. Not to mention crude oil doesn't exactly have many other uses, vegetables do.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I didnt mean literally run >_>
    So like, walk? Because I think they'll get you if you walk.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Did you read what you wrote? If a country tried to go in and just take a resource from another country in this case oil. I'm pretty sure that the country thats being pillaged would probably retaliate by killing everyone trying to steal that resource. The only way to take what you need is to be buddy buddy with that country. Set up some kind of base there gets lots of troops around the area then work from there. Essentially what the United States did with Iraq. Iraq is in the middle of a lot of different countries. If we had a strong enough force there we could easily invade any surrounding country before they knew what hit them.

[K_K]'z Death Plague akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2007 06:26 PM
    Threads

Mmm..."war" itself has no morality. It is the people choosing to go to war or refrain from it that first bring morality into the mix. It is then further complicated by those fighting, supporting, protesting, or not supporting the war.

I don't think anyone will say war is wonderful, but I don't think one can place a value judgment on war. One must place the value judgment on the reason for the war or what happened during the war or because of it. War is neither good nor evil; it simply is what it is and individuals are who give it a moral value. And that can change from war to war, person to person, and time to time. The value is not constant. Regardless of what people may think of war, I think the greatest tragedy of war is not that they happen, but that their causes and effects are so quickly forgotten.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My silence could mean you are not worth the argument.

"For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Closed Thread

Thread Information