AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in karma?

Hybrid View

Dai DN Angel koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2008 04:58 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Do you believe in karma?

i have a friend who says she believes in karma.. and when i mean karma i mean the Western interpretation as in..

"if one does good or spiritually valuable acts, one deserves and can expect good luck; conversely, if one does harmful things, one can expect bad luck or unfortunate happenings"

i for one do not believe in this type of karma.. to me "what goes around doesn't necessarily come around".. for me bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people.. i believe if one does good.. that he/she has the same chance of good and bad luck as one who does not do good..

i'm not exactly knowledgeable or anything about karma, religion, or God.. so any feedback would be appreciated about this topic..

so i'm wondering if anyone here believes in karma..??

Senior Member BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2008 01:35 AM
    Threads

I believe strongly in karma. I'm questioning my own Christian faith, but I do believe in karma. Every time I do something wrong, I find that something bad happens to me. And if I do good, something good happens to me. This may not be true for other people, but it never fails for me.

wonderful siggy made by MistressPookyChan

and this beaut was made by MysticFairyDrmz

I am very thankful to them!

Stick Master unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2010 02:51 PM
    Threads

I believe in Karma, and for the record, I'm agnostic, I guess I have my own thoughts on how crap should be/is. (this happened after taking a history of religion class)

I believe in Karma in the traditional Buddhism sense.

You'll get what's coming to you, in this world or the next.

Get crazy with the cheezwiz

[I like cookies & beer]

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Levanter is just really nice Levanter is just really nice Levanter is just really nice Levanter is just really nice Levanter is just really nice Levanter's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2007 02:29 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I'm an atheist, but yes, I do believe in karma. Not in the religious way that some people do though.

For me, karma is a practical, not religious thing. I don't think it's God that brings you karma, it's other people who do. Of course if you do good, and you are kind to people, surely there is a bigger possibility of good things happening to you compared to someone who has been rude all his life. Being kind to people gives you more opportunities, as there are a lot of people who would like to "repay your kindness", or just give you a good word. If you've helped a lot of people, surely those people would also be there to help you on your time of need. On the other hand doing harmful things will get people to go against you.
    "It's the time you spent on your rose that makes your rose so important." -The Little Prince

Weeb Trash Erikai has a reputation beyond repute Erikai has a reputation beyond repute Erikai has a reputation beyond repute Erikai has a reputation beyond repute Erikai has a reputation beyond repute Erikai has a reputation beyond repute Erikai has a reputation beyond repute Erikai has a reputation beyond repute Erikai has a reputation beyond repute Erikai has a reputation beyond repute Erikai has a reputation beyond repute Erikai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2008 12:47 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: YasuiErikai Steam ID: yasuierikai

I like to think that karma is real. I believe it has more to do with the indivisual though. Karma is kinda on how you take things in. I don't think that just because you gave someone a 5 dollar hand of flowers you should get all this karma. Karma is based on how you feel, just my opinion.

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 03:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Levanter View Post
    I'm an atheist, but yes, I do believe in karma. Not in the religious way that some people do though.

For me, karma is a practical, not religious thing. I don't think it's God that brings you karma, it's other people who do. Of course if you do good, and you are kind to people, surely there is a bigger possibility of good things happening to you compared to someone who has been rude all his life. Being kind to people gives you more opportunities, as there are a lot of people who would like to "repay your kindness", or just give you a good word. If you've helped a lot of people, surely those people would also be there to help you on your time of need. On the other hand doing harmful things will get people to go against you.
    Same philosophy here. It's the Golden Rule, treat others how you want to be treated. If you treat the people around you well they are likely to return such kindness.

Senior Member Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2007 02:31 AM
    Atlantis, in the Depen Inn having a drink with Barbarossa
    Threads

I believe in Karma in the pretext of if I treated someone politely or approached them with a positive introduction and continued on to humorous undertakings I can expect back the same treatment, not in same field for some people because everyones different, but that becomes little irrelevant.

If your going to give someone a hard time expect them to come around with a hard time and I get pissed off when people mistreat me when I have done nothing to them in the first place physically or verbally. I'm a shy and serious type of person and there was bunch of times I mistook things but I know when some things were deliberate or on the line dead-serious and makes me want to straggle them...

Lastly is I can speak for myself when I feel that I am very morally conscious and I immediately or some time later I might of felt someone thought I said something else or I was to brash on them and I try to return to apologize to give an understanding.

One thing which sticks with me Karma-related is when I was walking down to a deli in my neighborhood and this tall guy with sunglasses dog got loose from his collar and got head of him a bit. Though as I was proceeding to get past him and two spanish ladies, I turned around to look back and I saw his black wallet on the ground. I walked past the couple and called him out and returned it to him and he was sincerely thankful for it.

Makes you feel good when you do deeds like that. Honestly nevertheless several times I thought of stealing from his wallet for his cash to reprimand my families refrigerator and some debts and all that, nothing more nothing less, I would've stated that I found it on the ground and I toke it to support my family.

I can't recall when I done good deeds I felt as if I was being returned the favor from a, supernatural force you guys and girls say in this thread but I know it lifts up my self-esteem and heart.
    "Gotta take the good with the bad, smile to the sad, love what you got and remember what you had." - Project Pat

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Although not in a religious way, I do believe it is true to some extent.

This is why I try my best NOT to be a nasty person. It'll come back to me some way or another; I've seen it happen.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Is Grimbo Scythe Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2010 05:06 PM
    Threads

no not really
    it all seems a bunch of bull to me
    i view it as a sort of cushion, just as i see all other religious philosophies
    Last edited by Grim Scythe; 05-28-2007 at 02:20 AM.
    THUG LIFE
    _(\_/)
    _(XX)
    (>_)>stupid bunny
    avatar by the uber talented Nespa

grim:

Unrelenting; rigid.Uninviting or unnerving in aspect; forbidding sinister.

Semper Fidelis

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

I believe in karma in the sense that if you kill a mobster, one of his relatives will whack you back.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Heh. Well nope, not really. The world isn't that neat, nor is it that fair. Sometimes people get their just rewards. But not often enough.

The lonely wolf Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2020 02:43 PM
    Threads

I don't I did bad things but also good things. And I have an illness and I know many good people who get such things. And someone who is as bad as he can be.... He lives long has an happy life and that's all. =(

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I believe in something similar to karma as a statistical phenomenon. I don't think the world is inherently fair, or inherently gets even; but things tend to swing back around, especially when it comes to social paradigm. Though this does not benefit "good" people more than "evil": If there's a time of peace and happiness, eventually there will be war and death.
    Last edited by Eris; 05-28-2007 at 05:14 AM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Member Wolfboy will become famous soon enough Wolfboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2007 06:04 PM
    Threads

no i don't i believe in my self and that is enough
    well maybe not power to help to do really hard things
    Last edited by Wolfboy; 05-28-2007 at 05:45 AM.

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

oh yes. I've definately seen good and bad mojo come back on people who were good/bad. But good and bad is a sliding bar. Because whats "Good" for you might be "not bad" for someone else, its very subjective.

But I believe that everything comes back to you.
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

boopaloop! UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2013 10:39 AM
    Trying to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
    Threads

well I believe in karma to some extent... I don't believe that good will come to those who do good and that evil will be bestowed on those who act evil... but sometimes... what goes around comes around...it's all a case of you seeing a chance and grabbing it or you falling in the ditch you dug for another just because you're stupid...

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

I don't believe in Karma, I think it's all psychological. You do something bad and then when something bad happens to you, you link it to whatever bad thing you have done. Vice Versa for if you've done a good deed. But it's all coincidental.

It's much like my view on horoscopes, you read them and they're buried in your subconscious so when something close to what you read happens you link the two together.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Quote Originally Posted by Mini_Twilight View Post
    I don't believe in Karma, I think it's all psychological. You do something bad and then when something bad happens to you, you link it to whatever bad thing you have done. Vice Versa for if you've done a good deed. But it's all coincidental.

It's much like my view on horoscopes, you read them and they're buried in your subconscious so when something close to what you read happens you link the two together.

I believe in karma, because it's psychological. I think that karma is all something that happens in your own head, when you try to link things together.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by jinglefox View Post
    I believe in karma, because it's psychological. I think that karma is all something that happens in your own head, when you try to link things together.
    It's not really karma if you believe it's psychological...

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Digital Plague bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2007 07:47 AM
    Threads

Yeah I do .

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 11:27 PM
    Threads

Actually.. i think i do at some ways. But don't include religious matters. Whatever you do, mostly it comes back at you twice. You do good deed to others, mostly others would do the same way. (mostly..ok?) But i don't really expect much in those, it would just ruin me.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

I do, but not in a religious or supernatural way. It's really quite logical if you take the time to analyze it... you act a certain way towards one person, they get influenced, act that way to others .. sort of like causing a ripple along a web or ocean - us being in that large human web. Eventually, somehow, it will work its way back to you in some form or another. The bigger the ripple, the more likeliness to return to you.

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

No, not really.

I do understand that doing good can sometimes get you somewhere... but good things go unrewarded too often for me to believe in it.

~Made by me~

Member izzy14backstabber has a spectacular aura about izzy14backstabber has a spectacular aura about izzy14backstabber's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2007 01:12 AM
    somewhere where all the backstabbers live
    Threads

50/50... usually the bad one stick with me while the lucky one stick at my friend...

boopaloop! Sephiroth has a reputation beyond repute Sephiroth has a reputation beyond repute Sephiroth has a reputation beyond repute Sephiroth has a reputation beyond repute Sephiroth has a reputation beyond repute Sephiroth has a reputation beyond repute Sephiroth has a reputation beyond repute Sephiroth has a reputation beyond repute Sephiroth has a reputation beyond repute Sephiroth has a reputation beyond repute Sephiroth has a reputation beyond repute Sephiroth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2010 03:17 PM
    Threads

There is no objective morality; therefore karma doesn't exist. You could interpret karma as causality, the result of which would then be good or bad depending on your point of view.
    泥の川に浸かった人生も悪くはない
    一度きりで終わるなら

Closed Thread

Thread Information