AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Senior Member GoreDude has much to be proud of GoreDude has much to be proud of GoreDude has much to be proud of GoreDude has much to be proud of GoreDude has much to be proud of GoreDude has much to be proud of GoreDude has much to be proud of GoreDude has much to be proud of GoreDude has much to be proud of GoreDude's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2007 04:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    in a constant haze of stupidity and highness
    Threads

sorry about the whole bower thing well there are two other reasons i want it pit and meta knight i will learn how to pwn with those two
    we are the Dthanks nespa

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I do have to agree with ShinyaZel with a lot of things he said. Also they just announced that they released a new stage, an Animal Crossing stage! That I found was funny, and now I really look forward to it, because the stages are going to be awesome! Oh you remember K.K. Slider? If you play the game at Saturday 8:00 PM, the young doggy musician will actually appear! How cool is that?

Junior Member Master_Chief will become famous soon enough Master_Chief's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2007 08:35 PM
    Threads

I think they should put online play in there.
    A PS3 is a Xbox360...... only the PS3 is a piece of junk.

My star wars comics here http://www.fanart-central.net/user_stories-firehead.php

Senior Member ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-13-2009 10:37 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBalance View Post
    I do have to agree with ShinyaZel with a lot of things he said. Also they just announced that they released a new stage, an Animal Crossing stage! That I found was funny, and now I really look forward to it, because the stages are going to be awesome! Oh you remember K.K. Slider? If you play the game at Saturday 8:00 PM, the young doggy musician will actually appear! How cool is that?
    I know, how cool is that? K.K. Slider appearing at 8:00 PM, I can't wait for that. XD

Masteir_Chief: This WILL be a Wi-Fi game if I remember correctly.

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Out of all stages, I think I'm gonna have the most fun in the Animal Crossing Stage. Who knows though, there might be a better stage...although it's pretty hard to beat Animal Crossing! (But then again, a NintenDog stage would be awkward...)

A l0zer LegendKiller is a name known to all LegendKiller is a name known to all LegendKiller is a name known to all LegendKiller is a name known to all LegendKiller is a name known to all LegendKiller is a name known to all LegendKiller's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2010 08:00 PM
    Threads

I cant wait..Dec. 3..man thats long. True you can use all the different controller types...and hopefully it wont be as hard. I hope they still have all the techniques in there like Wavedashing, L-Canel,Teching, DI, etc. Hopefully it has some of the stuff melee has and I cant wait to try the new stages Go Captain Falcon!
    Last edited by LegendKiller; 07-23-2007 at 12:10 PM.

Senior Member ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel has a reputation beyond repute ShinyaZel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by LegendKiller View Post
    I cant wait..Dec. 3..man thats long. True you can use all the different controller types...and hopefully it wont be as hard. I hope they still have all the techniques in there like Wavedashing, L-Canel,Teching, DI, etc. Hopefully it has some of the stuff melee has and I cant wait to try the new stages Go Captain Falcon!
    I was really fearing that they were going to remove some glitches, but I'm more than positive they've had a look into the competitive scene of Smash and the techniques used. L-Canceling, I'm more than sure that'll be in it, since it's not a glitch. DI pretty much runs the same. It's the stuff like wavedashing that I'm curious about. For a second I wouldn't care if it didn't make it's re-appearance in Brawl, but then again...that stuff made Smash so much more fun. ;-;

Mindgames, mindgames!

A l0zer LegendKiller is a name known to all LegendKiller is a name known to all LegendKiller is a name known to all LegendKiller is a name known to all LegendKiller is a name known to all LegendKiller is a name known to all LegendKiller's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2010 08:00 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyaZel View Post
    I was really fearing that they were going to remove some glitches, but I'm more than positive they've had a look into the competitive scene of Smash and the techniques used. L-Canceling, I'm more than sure that'll be in it, since it's not a glitch. DI pretty much runs the same. It's the stuff like wavedashing that I'm curious about. For a second I wouldn't care if it didn't make it's re-appearance in Brawl, but then again...that stuff made Smash so much more fun. ;-;

Mindgames, mindgames!
    Yea man..wait you play with all those advanced skills and such? and it did make it more fun haha. The only glitch I found in Melee was so far was with mario..Im sure everyone knows you cant do another move after an Up B move will you land. For some reason..with Mario you can Up B and THEN wall jump again to get on to the stage..and thats not supposed to happen. Other than that..nothing really..I wonder if the Phantom will still be part of Brawl..Phantom wasnt a glitch right?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yea man..wait you play with all those advanced skills and such? and it did make it more fun haha. The only glitch I found in Melee was so far was with mario..Im sure everyone knows you cant do another move after an Up B move will you land. For some reason..with Mario you can Up B and THEN wall jump again to get on to the stage..and thats not supposed to happen. Other than that..nothing really..I wonder if the Phantom will still be part of Brawl..Phantom wasnt a glitch right?
    Yea, the Mario glitch is when you do his Up+B towards the wall and smash the DI away from it. I haven't really been able to do it much, but my friend mains Mario so he's able to. As for the phantom hits, yea, those are a glitch. Dealt with hitting hit boxes at odd places and such. I don't know the details, but yea. ^_^

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

People talk as if wavedashing and all that nonsense actually gave you some advantage, but if you play well enough, you may discover that you don't need to cheat to win.

The fact that they gave names to these exploits really irks me.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Regex View Post
    People talk as if wavedashing and all that nonsense actually gave you some advantage, but if you play well enough, you may discover that you don't need to cheat to win.

The fact that they gave names to these exploits really irks me.
    It CAN give an advantage. There are some characters wavedashing really doesn't matter much to. Some of them it DOES though, Samus for instance. You want to roll backwards from damage for protection? Yea, smart move. If you're playing against a Falcon they're going to tech chase you with a knee, or a grab to down throw and it can all end up bad news for Samus. It'd be much more safe to just do a backwards WD with and putting up a shield. I find it funny that say people need to refer to cheating to win. Knocking off a Falco with Marth and need to get to the edge quick enough to edge guard? Yes, running obviously helps, but it's much better to WD (unless you NEED to run) to the edge and give off the appropiate move. :/

So do all fighting scenes irk you then, because nearly every one has some type of lingo for exploits and the like, it's not just Smash. I don't really feel like arguing though, because I know it'll go on forever, and this happened not so long ago already.
    Last edited by ShinyaZel; 07-24-2007 at 04:16 PM.

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by M I K E Y™ View Post
    I'm gonna be buying a Wii for this game, I love SSBM, sadly I never got to play the original, never got an N64.

Also, alot of people on YouTube in comments for the SSBB Trailers keep talking bout Master Cheif as an unlockable, and that seems really farfetched but is it true?
    From all that I know about this game, Master Chief wasn't mentioned as one of the unlockables in the game. That would be freakin amazing, though. o_O; And probably extremely cheap.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Master Chief would have had to have some relation to Nintendo, by appearing on one of their many systems and handhelds. Since he's X-Box only, he won't be making it. If he does somehow, but some WEIRD chance...then just wow.

-Edit-
    Ah, Legend, my friend told me about the phantom hits. "They happen when the attack hitbox connects while tangent to the body of the character you're hitting."
    Last edited by ShinyaZel; 07-24-2007 at 04:32 PM.

Junior Member War Carved is a splendid one to behold War Carved is a splendid one to behold War Carved is a splendid one to behold War Carved is a splendid one to behold War Carved is a splendid one to behold War Carved is a splendid one to behold War Carved is a splendid one to behold War Carved's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2007 06:19 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Crippe View Post
    So I was just watching this games new website, and I just got to say that I can't wait any longer for this game to come.

So in this thread I thought we could talk about the new characters, items, characters you wish they will add to this game.

I would love too se MegaMan in this game, that would be awsome
    also, the new item Gooey bomb or whatever is pretty neat
    It would be awsome to play Master Chief from Halo even though he's not an official "Nintendo" character. EDIT: Wow Somone already thought about that...Crap.

WHITE FLOUR!

Junior Member CommanderBrad is on a distinguished road CommanderBrad's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2007 11:20 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2056 0866 5690 8932

I love that glitch. ^^ As another Mario player, I will suggest a video called Trick Like I Do. It's on youtube. <-Shameless self plug.

Regex-I hate to argue but wavedashing is a necessaey advance technic unless you are using Jigglypuff. It gives you an advantage when trying to space yourself. Say you are Marth and trying to hit a tipper. Well you can run and most likely get hit as you try to size it up. Or you can simply wavedash back and have a much better chance of landing it. Another example, waveshining. If you haven't heard of it, waveshining is a very effect move to use with Fox(and sometimes Falco). Edgehogging is also a good place to use wavedashing. You could try to run and jump onto the edge, but you won't make it unless the person is far from the edge. Wavedashing gives you an advantage. Also it is not cheating, as it does not make the battle unwinnable(don't think thats a word) for someone who doesn't use it.

Back to Brawl. If the air dodge stays in, which I hope it does, then wavedashing will be in there. I don't think they can do anything to take it out.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I would imagine they would take out something that is a glitch. It is an exploit, and by using it, you are cheating. Regardless, it's unnecessary. If you choose to play the real game, then you would just time your landing rather than relying on exploits that you call skill.

You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I would imagine they would take out something that is a glitch. It is an exploit, and by using it, you are cheating. Regardless, it's unnecessary. If you choose to play the real game, then you would just time your landing rather than relying on exploits that you call skill.
    Seeing as it takes talent to pull of, wavedashing is a skill. You may see it as cheating, but it's an exploit like you said. It isn't like someone wavedashes and the other player instantly loses. It takes skill to do and to apply in your strategy. So you can call it a cheat and not use it if you want, just have fun getting owned.
    Last edited by CommanderBrad; 07-25-2007 at 12:42 AM.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderBrad View Post
    So you can call it a cheat and not use it if you want, just have fun getting owned.
    My experience says otherwise. Regardless of if you can beat people using an exploit, other people have been shown that it's not nearly as effective as people make it out to be.

Smash Bros is not that complicated of a game. It's abhorrent when people try to make it out to be.

You know it's true.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

My experience says otherwise. Regardless of if you can beat people using an exploit, other people have been shown that it's not nearly as effective as people make it out to be.

Smash Bros is not that complicated of a game. It's abhorrent when people try to make it out to be.
    I said I was done, but I would like to know who these "other people" are. No one is making this out to be the most complicated fighting game ever, either. I know it isn't, but it DEFINITELY has depth to it, and anyone who would like to say otherwise in MY opinion needs to take a look into the competitive community a bit more.

There are usually ALWAYS counters in video games. Blah blah, yea yea. Characters can beat said counters, but it takes work. When is the last time you've heard of someone just sitting a minute and think of a stage to counter a certain character your opponent plays?

Junior Member Chaddichu is on a distinguished road Chaddichu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2007 02:23 AM
    Threads

To Regex of course.

I like how you delete my posts.

Smash Bros deceptively has more depth than any fighter I've ever played, if you can't see it then you really shouldn't talk like you're very good at Smash.

You ever been to any tournies, or played anyone that has?
    Last edited by Chaddichu; 07-24-2007 at 11:22 PM.

Member ナイトメア" has a reputation beyond repute ナイトメア" has a reputation beyond repute ナイトメア" has a reputation beyond repute ナイトメア" has a reputation beyond repute ナイトメア" has a reputation beyond repute ナイトメア" has a reputation beyond repute ナイトメア" has a reputation beyond repute ナイトメア" has a reputation beyond repute ナイトメア" has a reputation beyond repute ナイトメア" has a reputation beyond repute ナイトメア" has a reputation beyond repute ナイトメア"'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2007 12:50 AM
    Threads

Regex- You are in every way, shape, and form wrong about wavedashing and the competitive gameplay of smash. Wavedashing CAN, let me repeat, CAN be used to your advantage and will improve your gameplay if you can apply it correctly. ALL of the top smash players use it, so that is saying something right there.

When you say "My experience says otherwise.", I have a hard time believing that your experience counts at all. If you are against wavedashing, then you are just being ignorant and are clearly misinformed about it's uses.

Along with ShinyaZel, I am a competitive smasher myself. So if you say that smash is not a complicated game, then you are definitely mistaken. This tells me more than enough about your view of the game and is enough to contradict your argument. You have yet to show me that you have any reasonable knowledge of the game and its mechanics. If you could show me that, maybe you'd get a little respect around here.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The depth in the game is all in how simple it was made. That was what makes the game so wonderful. It's designed to be a game that anyone can pick up and still feel like they are being competitive against long-time players, and in succeeding, it's a work of art. Yes, there is a great amount of skill in timing your moves carefully, but don't insult the game by calling it anything different than what it is.

You speak of being "competitive smashers" but you're still stuck on one exploiting technique that is apparently required to be a good player. I've seen these so-called "competitive" video gamers in various settings, I've watched them play and I've joined in games with them. Some of them wavedashing every opportunity, and some of them never doing it at all. And yet neither technique was particularly stronger than the other.

It's all about skill, not exploits. That's all. The more skilled players have mastered the timing of the wavedash, and the less skilled have not. That's the only relationship between the skilled players and wavedashing. Wavedashing doesn't provide the advantage you claim it does.

No, I haven't played in tournaments, because I play for fun. But I've stumbled in on games where the tournament winners were playing, and played with them.

If you want to say that they didn't play as well because we weren't in a tournament, believe what you like.
    Last edited by Regex; 07-25-2007 at 12:24 AM.

You know it's true.

I am Tempest Wind again!~ Tempest Wind has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Wind has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Wind has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Wind has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Wind has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Wind has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Wind has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Wind has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Wind has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Wind has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Wind has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Wind's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2008 09:59 PM
    Threads

The depth in the game is all in how simple it was made. That was what makes the game so wonderful. It's designed to be a game that anyone can pick up and still feel like they are being competitive against long-time players, and in succeeding, it's a work of art. Yes, there is a great amount of skill in timing your moves carefully, but don't insult the game by calling it anything different than what it is.

You speak of being "competitive smashers" but you're still stuck on one exploiting technique that is apparently required to be a good player. I've seen these so-called "competitive" video gamers in various settings, I've watched them play and I've joined in games with them. Some of them wavedashing every opportunity, and some of them never doing it at all. And yet neither technique was particularly stronger than the other.

It's all about skill, not exploits. That's all. The more skilled players have mastered the timing of the wavedash, and the less skilled have not. That's the only relationship between the skilled players and wavedashing. Wavedashing doesn't provide the advantage you claim it does.

No, I haven't played in tournaments, because I play for fun. But I've stumbled in on games where the tournament winners were playing, and played with them.

If you want to say that they didn't play as well because we weren't in a tournament, believe what you like.
    I have to agree with Regex. I have had plenty of situations where someone was like "Oh, I can WD, I can pwn you", and when it was my first time playing and he only won by 1 stock.
    .:Rest in peace Legend_S:.
    Sig/Av not made by me
    "Two MEN just kicked a BUILDING into the SKY!God I love anime."

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, I know that I never once said exploits help you win a match. Something we finally agree on, that it takes skill. However, I have just as much fun as the next person who plays this game. I play a number of characters in Smash. Marth, of whom which I main, I WD because it's a big part of his game. I also play Falcon, who can also use WD for mindgames, doesn't use it half as much as I do with Marth. (I listed two, which doesn't really hold true to the statment "I play a number of characters in Smash" but oh well.)

WD'ing doesn't make someone good. If you can't L-cancel your stuff correctly, space your stuff correctly, learn how to utilize what moves to use at the right time, then WD'ing certainly will NOT help you. It IS however a major bonus.

This feels like a carousel, which I haven't been on in years. I need to change that.

-Edit-
    Yes, I realize I have elaborated a bit on WD'ing. Someone mentioning WD'ing does not mean a THING. They can be total noobs. I usually run into things when I RECKLESSLY WD. You have to know how to utilize it. If you WD for the hell of it you're going to get messed up.
    Last edited by ShinyaZel; 07-25-2007 at 12:42 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wavedashing isn't the only technique we "exploit," it is simply the one we are talking about at the moment. The game is simple on the surface yes, but most games are. Then you see someone who takes it too a deeper level making the game itself deeper.

And if you saw a "competitive" smasher playing and wavedashed every chance he/she got then they are not good players. It is not a tool to be spammed during a match.

And that whole paragraph contradicts itself. Its skill, not exploits, but you say skilled players wavedash? That is contrary to your argument. You're right, skilled players do wavedash because it is useful. ^^

I have to agree with Regex. I have had plenty of situations where someone was like "Oh, I can WD, I can pwn you", and when it was my first time playing and he only won by 1 stock.
    No one said just because someone could wavedash that they were good. Used in the right way and by the right people it is effective. If you just wavedash back and forth of course the person is going to suck.
    Last edited by CommanderBrad; 07-25-2007 at 12:43 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information