AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures.

Note: Before anyone says it, Arnold Schwarzenegger has nothing to do with this game and no, designing Conan in his likeness would have no effect on the game at all. (Yes, I've heard this argument before)

Anyway, website.

Discuss.
    I'm looking forward to it. The Conan mytho's have always been interesting to me, and I have a lot of fun reading the books and comics.

Member nickinerdface is just really nice nickinerdface is just really nice nickinerdface is just really nice nickinerdface is just really nice nickinerdface is just really nice nickinerdface's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2007 10:49 AM
    Threads

so you get to rip people's heads off?

sweet.

[CENTER][CENTER] [B][FONT=Arial][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]My boys are love!

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by nickinerdface View Post
    so you get to rip people's heads off?

sweet.
    It wouldn't be Conan unless it was violent and brutal.

Stick Master unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2010 02:51 PM
    Threads

Is it going to be like WoW? I heard somewhere in WoW they actually had Conan's castle, with the throne and a conan-like figure in it. I'm not a big fan of WoW though, and usually use that as a comparison to games I don't think I'll like.

Get crazy with the cheezwiz

[I like cookies & beer]

Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by unspun View Post
    Is it going to be like WoW? I heard somewhere in WoW they actually had Conan's castle, with the throne and a conan-like figure in it. I'm not a big fan of WoW though, and usually use that as a comparison to games I don't think I'll like.
    From the looks of it, it doesn't look like it'll be like WoW.

We're told the Melee Combat system is more involved, were you decided on the swings and such. As opposed to most MMO's where its "One click auto combat". Which I like, because playing a warrior in WoW is boring. I think the only reason I got a character to level 50 was because it was a mage and focused more on individual spells than melee combat.
    I didn't read up on the spellcasters that much. All I know is that they can combine spells to make more powerful spells with a risk of the spell backfiring.
    (Didn't read up on them because i'm going to be a Cimmerian anyway, either a Soilder or a Rogue)
    Theres also arch-types and things, and each archtype has a few classes (Kinda like specs I guess).
    You can also build guild cities on the outskirts of the main kingdoms, which can be seiged, but you can also seige others. The have a whole blood money system for PVPing, and 3 diffrent PVP modes. One was Seige battles, another was drunken bar brawls, and the third slips my mind and the moment.
    Theres supposedly a lot of side stuff besides questing and grinding.
    Also, the first 20 levels of every character is a Single Player game, after that you enter the Multiplayer aspect. It also said the first 40 levels of the game are rather quick to get through, and the later 40 are more challanging (Thus a total of 80 levels)
    Level 5, you choose and archtype
    Level 20, you choose your class
    Level 40, you choose your craft
    From there, leveling gets difficult
    Thats my understanding of it anyway.

But I'm sure it will share a few things in common with WoW, since every MMO on the market share some similar traits.

I can't wait for it, just because Hyboria is brutal, sinful, and dark. And because Conan is one of the greatest characters ever created (in my opinion anyway)

Member nickinerdface is just really nice nickinerdface is just really nice nickinerdface is just really nice nickinerdface is just really nice nickinerdface is just really nice nickinerdface's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2007 10:49 AM
    Threads

and you can't rip people's heads off in wow!

[CENTER][CENTER] [B][FONT=Arial][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]My boys are love!

Member Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2010 09:55 AM
    Threads

This game will be almost nothing like wow, when fighting a person can string together combos which should be very interesting to see in an mmo. The graphics will be the most demanding of any mmo to date so ones best bet is going to be to play it on the 360 because most computers will have trouble handling it. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed again I would love to play it this winter.
    A clever man who taught his flesh the way of steel, this lasting man of resolve and will.

Closed Thread

Thread Information