AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Cancer!

Member Raindrops_on_Roses will become famous soon enough Raindrops_on_Roses's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2007 03:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: wtf?

Default Cancer!

Cancer. Its a word you hate to say and an even worse word to hear. When I was in 6th grade my best friend told me she was dying. Of what? She told me "Cancer". I didn't really understand back then.
    Just a few months ago my father told me he was going into the hospital for about a week. Two weeks later I found out that he had to have his throat sliced open so doctors could extract the "cancer" before it spread any farther. Then the other day my father had to go to the doctor for his check up and the "cancer" had come back.
    This world is full of horrible words that could be said. But cancer is a word that nobody wants to say.

So if you you know somebody that has/had cancer, go ahead, post. I just wanted to see how many lives this horrible thing has corrupted.
    Dreams are meant for sleeping....waking up is a nightmare for me

Stop touching me! -bit- Asclepius has a reputation beyond repute Asclepius has a reputation beyond repute Asclepius has a reputation beyond repute Asclepius has a reputation beyond repute Asclepius has a reputation beyond repute Asclepius has a reputation beyond repute Asclepius has a reputation beyond repute Asclepius has a reputation beyond repute Asclepius has a reputation beyond repute Asclepius has a reputation beyond repute Asclepius has a reputation beyond repute Asclepius's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2015 07:12 AM
    Threads

Wow, it really is a bad thing to hear. Especially when a loved one has it. I lost Three of my great grand parents from it. My great grandda died of a stroke before I was born I think. Hmm, it kinda runs in the family I guess. I stayed with my great grandmum for two weeks before I was taken home. Then my grandparents dropped me off and went back to stay with her. I only found out about it after they got back home. That the person who was soo happy a few days before was gone.
    Lot's of this stuff happens in life. The only thing you can do is be there for the person who has it, and don't stress over it. They always notice when you do that. Also be sure to take care of yourself.
    Some things in life can be avoided, some can't. Life is life, take it as it is and live the way you want to, while you still can. Otherwise you may regret it when the truth finally hits you. Death is a hard thing to except even when you have to. Truth is, everyone dies. But hold on to what you have while you can. Strange things can happen if you don't go straight for the worst. But at the same time, know they can happen. My grandda has a lot of health problems. I've known him my entire life as a joker, and a flirt. But he was on the phone with the doctor and I actually heard him say he was probably only going to live for five to seven more years, if that. I had to leave the room. Even though I know him soo well, it's still hard to ecept, and I don't think I can until I have to. So I'll leave it at that.

The lonely wolf Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2020 02:43 PM
    Threads

Hmm I know a friend of my parents well friends. But the woman is alone now... The man died due cancer... He had two sons pretty bad if you ask me... But I hate those kids now who use ''Cancer'' as a word to.. Scold someone.. Like when a dude came to me.. Hey aren't you the guy from that movie with that guy with cancer.. Well we saw a school movie about that the other day.. But that guy had a nice taste of my fist... Now they finally shut up.. But sometimes I hear them saying it it's pathetic.. I'm sorry to hear about that friend of yours.And to all others with they're story I'm sorry to hear this all it just sucks cancer. I myself have arthritis I won't die =) But I know a little bit how it is to have a decease/illness And I just remembered I had neighbors the daughter of them died 11 year's old I thought...
    Last edited by Howling Star; 05-16-2007 at 03:52 PM.

Senior Member Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2009 12:02 PM
    Threads

My Grandpa died of Brain Cancer when i was 5
    Last edited by Almirith; 05-16-2007 at 03:52 PM.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

90% of my family who has passed away died of cancer. The other 10% died of heart disease
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

My grandfather died from lung and liver cancer about 4 years ago. He was a smoker for most of his life, though. He did quit about 7 years before he died, but that doesn't really counter 50 something years of smoking.

Most people in my family have died from old age. A few have died from cancer, but all of their types of cancer were different.

Senior Member BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox has a reputation beyond repute BlueyedFox's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2008 01:35 AM
    Threads

My uncle died of cancer, but that is the only person I can think of. Luckily my uncle isn't related to me by blood. Also, my old librarian had (but survived) cancer. I really hope to never hear that word as much as some people have...

edit- Now that I think about it, cancer is increasing so much that it's kind of scary. It's like no matter where you go or what you do, you're at risk.
    Last edited by BlueyedFox; 05-16-2007 at 07:32 PM.

wonderful siggy made by MistressPookyChan

and this beaut was made by MysticFairyDrmz

I am very thankful to them!

Senior Member LeTombassador is a splendid one to behold LeTombassador is a splendid one to behold LeTombassador is a splendid one to behold LeTombassador is a splendid one to behold LeTombassador is a splendid one to behold LeTombassador is a splendid one to behold LeTombassador is a splendid one to behold LeTombassador is a splendid one to behold LeTombassador's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2009 09:00 AM
    Threads

cancer has corrupted like my whole family. my both grannies and cousin are walking on the grassy fields because of cancer.

Senior Member Sandro has a reputation beyond repute Sandro has a reputation beyond repute Sandro has a reputation beyond repute Sandro has a reputation beyond repute Sandro has a reputation beyond repute Sandro has a reputation beyond repute Sandro has a reputation beyond repute Sandro has a reputation beyond repute Sandro has a reputation beyond repute Sandro has a reputation beyond repute Sandro has a reputation beyond repute Sandro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2007 09:41 PM
    Canucks fan in Flames country. Public Enemy #1
    Threads

I'm proud to say that non of my family have cancer. Although, one of my co-workers, and perhaps my best friend in this town I moved to, does have cancer.
    "This is Grand Theft Auto 3. The object of this game? WHO CARES? I'm too busy randomly hitting an old lady with a bat, carjacking a station wagon, and running over people. Or my personal favorite, running over the person whose car I just stole, WITH THE CAR I JUST STOLE! Now THIS is a videogame! Rescu-rescuing the princess is for P***IES" - Lewis Black on The Daily Show

"I have N'Sync, Areosmith, and Britney Spears. I have a trifecta from hell." - Lewis Black

Senior Member Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2011 03:52 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 360 is where its at

One of my friends had cancer thankfully he didnt pass away.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Both my grandmothers died of cancer. One of lung cancer [which spread to her spine and she dropped from being 5'9 to 5'3] the other liver cancer [she turned yellow...it was so painful to watch...]
    Cancer runs in my family, which is why I practically had a heart attack when I was told I might have skin cancer. Luckly, it was a false alarm

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Aritzia Lyne Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2008 09:11 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Raindrops_on_Roses View Post
    Cancer. Its a word you hate to say and an even worse word to hear.
    Yes, I agree with you on this.
    My friend's mother died of breast cancer. It was quite a while ago but I still have sympathy for her lost.

Much love to Jagan Eye for the lovely set. <3

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    Threads

My dad had cancer in his blood, he went through about three years of Chemotherapy which healed him but it weakened his heart, so now he has a weak heart and needs to have check ups done every few months and needs to take pills daily to lower his heart rate. It’s not that bad anymore, he can play sports now.
    ████████████

Member Fatality's Envy has much to be proud of Fatality's Envy has much to be proud of Fatality's Envy has much to be proud of Fatality's Envy has much to be proud of Fatality's Envy has much to be proud of Fatality's Envy has much to be proud of Fatality's Envy has much to be proud of Fatality's Envy has much to be proud of Fatality's Envy has much to be proud of Fatality's Envy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2007 03:26 PM
    Threads

Default Oh me oh my.

Saying that word also puts a knot in my throat.
    It's taken so many lives.
    And it wont spare anybody.
    It eats away your life,
    and just like that, your a veggie laying in a bed...
    Seeing someone suffering, and not being able to do anything is horrible, I wanted to do something anything that could make her feel better...she didn't even get a chance to finish highschool...

Senior Member ~SakuraHaruno~ is a name known to all ~SakuraHaruno~ is a name known to all ~SakuraHaruno~ is a name known to all ~SakuraHaruno~ is a name known to all ~SakuraHaruno~ is a name known to all ~SakuraHaruno~ is a name known to all ~SakuraHaruno~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2007 02:09 PM
    Threads

One of my friends died from it, and my friend's Mom was killed from it...

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    Threads

Well I guess cancer is nature's method to control the proliferation of humans on earth. It is sad to think that your own cells are killing you.

Hopefully, someone will one day discover the series of chemical signals that cause the cell to die instead of undergoing mitosis. I wish there was more funding to try to achieve this much sooner as it would save us from all the pain.

Sorry to all the AF members who have lost a loved one to this condition.
    Last edited by MomijiTMO; 05-17-2007 at 11:59 PM.

Senior Member Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2009 10:28 PM
    Threads

Now that I think of it, my parents never really told me how my uncle died. They said stress, but really... I'm guessing a cancer that they didn't notice. My uncle was unemployed and living with his parents. =(

Senior Member Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-28-2008 01:35 AM
    Threads

my aunt had cancer...but she's still alive though...coz of chemotherapy (is that the correct spelling?? gome..) =^^=

i loved you once...
    dont expect me to love you again...

Cookie Monster *Kayako* has a reputation beyond repute *Kayako* has a reputation beyond repute *Kayako* has a reputation beyond repute *Kayako* has a reputation beyond repute *Kayako* has a reputation beyond repute *Kayako* has a reputation beyond repute *Kayako* has a reputation beyond repute *Kayako* has a reputation beyond repute *Kayako* has a reputation beyond repute *Kayako* has a reputation beyond repute *Kayako* has a reputation beyond repute *Kayako*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2008 02:05 AM
    Threads

Well, Lets just start off with... I'm sorry for your lost friend and your father's... cancer issue. I had 2 grandmothers die of cancer... I was really close to one... She was like my bestfriend, my guidance, my hero.. It always takes the ones you love and are the mose pure to your life. I'm just gratful it didn't take my parents or sibilings. Cancer is a thing 1 in every 3 people will go throught and 1 and every 5 will not make it. It sucks... But just remember, the good times you had for them and the HOPE you can bring to them. At my job were doing a walk athon for cancer people who have not made it, made it and are trying to make it... It's something i believe in, something I'm proud to say... I'm apart of!

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

My mom passed away because of cancer a few years back. She had breast cancer, but it spread throughout her body. She couldn't fight it.

Most women in my family have had breast cancer. Most of them had it at a young age, which is a bit more unusual. My mom died when she was twenty-eight or so; she had been battling the cancer for a few years then.

My great-grandfather died of cancer, but it was lung cancer that was caused by 60+ years of smoking cigars, pipes, and cigarettes. Nicotine would come out of his pores when he sweated.

Trying to think... My uncle had prostate cancer, but I'm not related to him by blood.

I'll probably end up having some form of it (especially breast); they've found two small lumps in my breast, both of which were false alarms when we investigated. Only a matter of time before the chemicals in the birth control I'm taking and family history catch up with me.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Stick Master unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2010 02:51 PM
    Threads

I don't have a long story. My grandma raised me, and her best friend died of cancer after battling it for about 5 years. my grandma lost hope (she was a very depressed person) and died a year later.

Get crazy with the cheezwiz

[I like cookies & beer]

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 11:27 PM
    Threads

my uncle died from it..
    well.. there was quite a shock, because not until the day of burial, that his two daughters ( my cousins) got to know that they had some other siblings too.. that my uncle has a family before, i think they had a divorce from the ex wife..
    I was so shock too, well, all the adults know it, but not us, as the part of kids..
    very intriguing.. but oh well..

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Cancer is a word I hear a lot in my family. My aunt has been fighting her breast cancer for years (it eventually spead elsewhere) and while she wins the fight for a while, it's never long enough. My paternal grandmother died from cancer....hers was in her brain. One of my dearest friends has been fighting cancer for the last 2 years. They only found it when they had to x-ray his spine when he injured it. The women in my family tend to succomb to cancer and the men of heart disease. It is what it is. I participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure every year to help prevent more women from sufferring as my aunt has. We've been fortunate as we've not had to do the run in her memory yet.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Closed Thread

Thread Information