AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Watch Me Critique Myself!

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

Default Watch Me Critique Myself!

Okay, to start off, I like what I did with the body, I was going for a clothing style I'm not accustomed do and think I pulled it off well enough. My lines are NEVER EVER CLEAN unless I get to the inking phase, which I haven't in the things I will post today. Maybe in the future, but not today. I like sketchiness, and so it shall stay. Also, her left hand has a padded glove on, and so it is bigger. I should have stretched the sleeve out a but to reflect this, but eh, what can I do now?

Now, onto the criticism. WHAT THE HELL DID I DO WITH THE NECK! The rest of her body is more or less angled properly until we get above the shoulders. Why is that? I dunno, I drew this a couple of months ago and my best guess is I didn't intend to do an overhead view and so neglected to fix the collar when I decided to do it.at least with the face I can claim she's looking up, but even her face seems a little flat to me.

Eh, that's criticism number one. Next!
    Last edited by Sanosuke23; 05-14-2007 at 10:20 AM.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 11:27 PM
    Threads

Let me do the honor to post a comment first.. ehe'
    well.. I like how you made the angle of the body..
    The shoulder is a bit off.. but the pants is way cool..
    that is all that pops into my mind at the moment..
    it would be better if you could post more arts..
    n_n

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Alrighty, now for a sketch from waaay back when I just got my scanner all set up on this comp. I can't say I have much in the way of complaints. I like the way his pants came out, the lack of bunching/folding implies a heavier fabric which is what I wanted, and his muscles aren't super-defined while at the same time not too formless either. He was floating weightless as part of a larger picture, but I screwed up the rest so he's the only one that survives.

Now, what I DON'T like: his right arm looks to be in an unnatural pose, his left forearm seems out of whack, and his shoulders look too big/hips look too narrow to me. He's supposed to be slightly effeminate, but in this pic he simply looks too masculine.

btw, MoToR is my DeviantArt, but it's empty and will likely stay that way. If not, it won't be much beyond what I put up here, though there may be some that are too revealing for this site there.
    Last edited by Sanosuke23; 05-14-2007 at 10:30 AM.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OMG, a pic I don't have any personal gripes about!

Yeah, this was made for a certain someone's website, and they needed a girl in a military uniform. Unfortunately, they didn't tell me WHAT KIND, so I did this and a somewhat more serious anime-styled one. Personally I like this one more, mainly because I can't draw camo for ANYTHING, and in this pic it didn't come out half bad.

Also, I do see what you mean about the shoulder, it's too far down her body. Thanks for pointing that out.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

... And here we have the other one. You see now why I like the other one better.

She's standing on her toes, supposed to be sort of rocking back and forth from her heels to her toes and back. That's not what I don't like. She's supposed to be looking somewhat innocent, and she just looks SURPRISED. Like something just popped up in her field of vision and caught her attention.

Also, the more I look at this picture the more I realize the scanner was apparently vibrating, because the scan looks like I was taking a picture of sasquatch. This makes it seem like she might be shirtless under that jacket, but I assure you there IS A TANK TOP. I PROMISE.

Meh, it isn't perfect, but it isn't horrid. I'd say an average attempt with no special effort put into it for me.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Finally for today, we have this. It's a friend of mine's character, her name being Hyrina.

This was originally a little doodle I did in the blank space below another, more serious picture, but I liked how good it came out for something that irl is only about an inch or two tall.

Senior Member ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2007 03:20 PM
    Threads

1. I don't think the neck looks bad... Maybe the face; if she's looking up then maybe her chin could have been drawn a bit more to the right. The way it is, makes it look as if she's pushing her head back. Still, I love how you did her stance and the perspective. Very nice
    2. Nothing to criticise on this one. I like it how you drew his body with the thin waist and such... Pretty cool
    3. Cute, very cute. But honestly it looks more like a guy... maybe because of the chest
    4. You could have done better with the legs and boots, but still I like it! About the innocent look you wanted to give her, maybe if you hadn't drawn the eye brows so high, she wouldn't look that surprised.
    5. Nothing to point out on this one. Only that I like it

Overall I like your sketchy lines and the way you draw the bodies and stances
    Keep them coming~

< if you like my work, add this to your sig and support my Orange Heaven~ !Arigato Gozaimashita!

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

#1: Yeah, anything from the shoulders up on that one is buggered. Also notice the strap going over her left shoulder. It stops at her hair, and apparently cuts THROUGH it without altering its shape or anything. X_x

#2: Well thank you, I appreciate it.

#3: the reason it would look kinda boyish is that a) there's even less body definition on a character that was pretty small-chested to begin with, and b) Military uniforms have a habit of making everyone look the same. If I had colored it, the camo would have been pink(to match the site owner's preference) and that would have probably made it easier to distinguish gender.

#4: That's a very good point about the eyebrows, thanks. As you can probably tell from the other works, drawing eyes like that isn't my normal thing, so I had a bit of trouble with them. I will remember that in the future though. As for the pants and boots, I really could have/should have put more effort into their detail, huh? =/

#5: Thankies. Although I do have ONE question for those of you that draw: How in the blazes do you that wind shear effect on the ground on a three-dimensional plane? I was just kinda doing that one for no real reason, but I still don't understand how those things work. x_X If anyone could give me advice I would appreciate it, I like that effect and want to use it more often.

I'll probably scan something in the near future. If you see me in chat or on AIM, bug me about it. The more I'm prodded, the more likely I'll get around to it. ^^;;

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

YAY! You made an art thread I'll totally go over to rex's house and scan those things you drew, cos this stuffs WAY better, and I dunno if you have any of your old crap lying around...

btw, i demand you to draw me again ;D
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The first drawing is good, but the problem was the torso, in particular, the left shoulder. The angle of the line separating the white and shaded parts of the shirt is too vertical, and thus makes her chest look flat. In addition to that, the strap which is going around her breasts should either pop out a bit more, or be slightly overlaid by the right breast. Or, the lines of the breasts could be toned town a bit and make a flat-chested appearance...though the left shoulder shirt line would still need to be adjusted.

One the second one, the right forearm is bit short, and the elbow could be slightly bent for a more natural pose. The same elbow bend could be applied to the left arm as well.

Nothing worthy of criticism that I can see.

On the forth one, the upper body would be bent more backwards if they were rocking. In a rocking position, the head stays almost directly above the feet despite the body itself being swung to and fro.

On the fifth I agree with Tenchi about the legs and boots. As for the facial expression, it looks more like she's focusing to me, as opposed to being surprised like Tenshi said.

Really good though, I like the style. Just little things to criticize that one would find in most drawings.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 06:22 PM
    Threads

wow thos are soo great keep it up!
    what anime character you are check out www.theotaku.com plz rep me if you like Naruto.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Princess Ai/Brody/Jack Skellington/Dorian Grey here on AF. Artistic nude without nudity lol.

A birthday gift I drew for a friend of mine. It's his character, so I suppose Kasandra &#169; John Soto. I think. I know she's his intellectual property though.

More if I feel like it, and when I go buy more paper.

EDIT: Stop changing names, Ai. I forget them.
    Last edited by Sanosuke23; 06-06-2007 at 02:38 AM.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's meeeeeee!!!

Ok tho. The nose aint big enough, and the boobs are too big!

Pretty damn good job on the tattoo though.

Loveless ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2007 01:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I want one! T-T

All I have to say is very nice, it helped to heal my eyes from the drawing from hell i just saw....
    :l: Love :l: Passion :l: Desire :l:
    L O V E L E S S
    - Sometimes Gender doesn't matter.... -

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Ai: Yeah yeah, you have no boobs and your nose is the size of an oak tree.

Lain: The pen picture, am I right? Lol I didn't mind that so much, though it did have some flaws I didn't feel like pointing out. Thanks for the compliment though!

e'Clair is here.. kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2009 04:56 AM
    Threads

cool art..especially the first one..but the shoulder and the right hand do have some problems..but really great work of art
    ~//-{ErialCcClairE}-//~

Made by me

Donation is Needed

Loveless ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2007 01:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I want one! T-T

haha yea sasuke to put it lightly.... even a friend said this, I'd be embarassed to even post that I did that... I'd probably even burn the paper after it was done that or cut out my eyes so i wouldnt see it xD (this is about the pen picture)

BTW you drawings are very lovely I cant really say I have any critisism to give you other than color it in! make it pretty!
    :l: Love :l: Passion :l: Desire :l:
    L O V E L E S S
    - Sometimes Gender doesn't matter.... -

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Is it still ok if I scan those drawings you drew of us when we were twelve?

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

lol go ahead, it'll humble me.

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 11:27 PM
    Threads

the chibi one is awesome..
    but the eyes.. ehehe... cool! cool! ^^

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

What about the eyes? Please, elaborate.

Senior Member ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2007 03:20 PM
    Threads

Nice work on the last two pics... I only think the second one looks a bit empty.
    Looking forward for those twelve year old drawings >D and more recent ones

< if you like my work, add this to your sig and support my Orange Heaven~ !Arigato Gozaimashita!

Senior Member keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2007 04:59 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: dont have one yet

i dont like girly men so the muscle guy is fine. id have to say nothings wrong with your art it kicks a**! your art style is pretty cool i think it thats how you should keep it. when it comes to criticizing your own work you can over do it! i trash on my own art too and say "hell naw!" then go "this looks like i had athritus when i drew it!" im horrible to myself...anywaaay i want to see more!
    Your mothers so fat even naruto doesnt beleive it!
    keokosart

Dark Angel from Hell Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2008 09:20 PM
    Threads

I really like your pics!! They are soo much better than mine.. LOL
    Seriously, they are.
    I'm Back~!

Sorry I was gone so long! I had so much to do!

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Thank you for the kind words.

Unfortunately at the moment we have a predicament. I have hijacked the one room with an air conditioner, but that means my scanner is no longer right here at my side and plugged in. That means I have to go out there in the heat to scan things, and that just won't do at all. So, I am going on an art hiatus for a bit until things cool off here. Be back later! :3

Closed Thread

Thread Information