AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: A Hero Comes Home

Junior Member An_Empty_Heart has a little shameless behaviour in the past An_Empty_Heart's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2007 06:38 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default A Hero Comes Home

Today is a sad day in my town one of our own was returned back to us not walking but in a casket. This young lad was a Marine he died doing what was right fighting for freedoms. So today if you have any friend or relatives who are in any division of the armed forces please go tell thank you. The thing that made feel sad the most today was the fact I have two friends in the Marines one gets sent too Iraq shortly and the other gets out of basic training soon and also my nephew who is in the Army reserves will be sent shortly.
    I think I'm going to take them out too lunch when I see them all.
    But please go tell all those who you know fighting for our freedoms thank you.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by An_Empty_Heart View Post
    But please go tell all those who you know fighting for our freedoms thank you.
    You cannot honestly believe that the war in Iraq is even remotely related to your freedom, can you? The place is a pile of rubble. The true enemies of freedom are the governments that spy on it's own people, that erode your rights and privileges in the name of security.

Those who go to war to fight for freedom are, alas, just gullible pawns, and there is nothing noble in being a pawn.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Despite being a soldier, I agree with Eris.

No one is in Iraq for the freedom..support your troops, but don't buy into all the patriotic crap being tossed around..

We soldiers have not fought for freedom since World War 2. Do not deceive yourself; every war after that has been fought for either resources, political gain, power, or all of the above. Iraq is a joke. Afghanistan is a joke. The medals I will receive from Afghanistan are hollow trinkets compared to what my grand fathers earned fighting in Normandy and Italy. Those medals meant something. The GCS and SWASM mean nothing.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    royal_ken is a jewel in the rough royal_ken is a jewel in the rough royal_ken is a jewel in the rough royal_ken is a jewel in the rough royal_ken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2008 05:40 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

fighting for America's freedom? That doesn't make sense at all... What has Iraq done to the US? Innocent question. -_-

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by royal_ken View Post
    fighting for America's freedom? That doesn't make sense at all... What has Iraq done to the US? Innocent question. -_-
    It was a preemptive strike, in case they might do something with the chemical weapons they maybe had.

Junior Member An_Empty_Heart has a little shameless behaviour in the past An_Empty_Heart's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know this I'm as much of a conspired theory guy as anybody dude seeing this guy made me wonder do...ah forget your all your all a bunch un-patrotic slackers, and I'm tired of being one like you. So yeah I know it's not really a war were not the best damn country but hell we have ppl trying to protect us. So shut up and make sure you thank ppl for the service time.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know this I'm as much of a conspired theory guy as anybody dude seeing this guy made me wonder do...ah forget your all your all a bunch un-patrotic slackers, and I'm tired of being one like you. So yeah I know it's not really a war were not the best damn country but hell we have ppl trying to protect us. So shut up and make sure you thank ppl for the service time.
    And there goes your credibility. As I am a soldier, but apparently now am an un-patriotic slacker, and given this used in the context of your topic, makes you a complete and utter idiot.

This "slacker" would love to see you do the things a soldier does, endure what a soldier must, and perform as a soldier must in the field.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If you want to really defend your country, how about embracing the language by using proper grammar and spelling, as a first step?

I am unpatriotic? Well, yeah, and I'm damn proud of it. I publicly speak out against nationalism, as I think it is a stupid mind-control device that belongs in the 19th century.

I still don't see how they're trying to protect you. Protect you from what? I'm sure they believe they're protecting you, but then again, Don Quixote didn't have a clue he was fighting windmills either.

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

At 18 you should have a better grasp on the English language than your post demonstrates. No child left behind seems to have failed you.

I'm sorry a soldier in your hometown died. We've had many casualties of that nature here as I'm surrounded by military bases. I'm sorry if I sound callous about it, but this is WAR. PEOPLE DIE IN WARS!!!
    When 1 person dies, that's a tragedy.
    When a thousand, a hundred thousand, a million die, that's merely a statistic. This is a fact of life. I suggest you learn it.

I know a lot of people currently serving in the military, a lot that are done with their service and their opions on this war are just as varied as everyone else's. I treat our soldiers with the respect they deserve. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with this war.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I would like too apologize for posting this. I was talking out off my A** when I said it. I would really like for those who read this and were upset with to know that I am sorry.

I wish this could be stricken from the record but it was posted.

So in conclusion I am sorry

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Apology accepted, no harm done.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    Apology accepted, no harm done.
    Thanx. I'm sorry about all that. So your a solider what rank?

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is not a fight for freedom. It's just like when the Spanish came to America for "God, Glory, and Gold." We're trying to set up democracy (not really God, but Western ideals), glory (showing that America is still a world power), and gold (oil). This country has always been driven by imperialism, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Middle East becomes our next target. But, I see the result of this "war" ending up like Vietnam and Afghanistan (when the Soviets went in). It's only a matter of time.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet_Nightmare View Post
    This is not a fight for freedom. It's just like when the Spanish came to America for "God, Glory, and Gold." We're trying to set up democracy (not really God, but Western ideals), glory (showing that America is still a world power), and gold (oil). This country has always been driven by imperialism, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Middle East becomes our next target. But, I see the result of this "war" ending up like Vietnam and Afghanistan (when the Soviets went in). It's only a matter of time.
    I agree with you there in the whole trying to show were the best. if we were the best would we have to show it?

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't exactly call the United States the best, seeing as how we're failling behind when it comes to the global economy.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me...

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    You cannot honestly believe that the war in Iraq is even remotely related to your freedom, can you? The place is a pile of rubble. The true enemies of freedom are the governments that spy on it's own people, that erode your rights and privileges in the name of security.

Those who go to war to fight for freedom are, alas, just gullible pawns, and there is nothing noble in being a pawn.
    Yes. I agree 100%!

Although I hate that the soldier's are dying... I don't support their actions, and I don't support murderers... people thinking that killing actually makes them a hero. That's sad.
    Last edited by Aulos; 05-10-2007 at 07:54 PM.

~Made by me~

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

We're falling behind because we're so preoccupied with the people of other countries instead of our own. As a country we fight and die to give the rights we enjoy to other countries while taking them from our own people.

I won't go into the laundry list here, but yeah, we're not the best. There IS no best. There never can be, because the other countries of the world would keep it in check.

My condolences to all that have lost someone in this horribly-planned, poorly-executed invasion of the Middle East, and if I were a praying man I would be doing so for the safety of those either there or that will be sent.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Why don't fingers fing? Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2009 01:19 AM
    Threads

This should've been a journal post to start with...

Closed.

Closed Thread

Thread Information