AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End.

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Pirates 3 was disappointing.

1: No closure between Jones and Calypso
    If Calyspo had never made an appearance at all, Jones' death would have worked. But, since she did make an appearance AND they all but admitted they were still in love AND she's a goddess, Jones' death sucked. Just showing them looking at each other while sinking would have been more than enough and not made a huge extension to the 3 hours that movie was.

2: No explanation on how Beckett and Jack know each other
    Seeing as how apparently Jack and Beckett's buisness relationships are tied to Jack's deal with Jones, you'd think they would have explained it instead of leaving it open.

3: Too confusing
    The pacing was horrible and no one stayed loyal or together for more than one scene. Everyone was double crossing each other, leaving each other, then making deals with the people on the oppisite sides.

4: Unconvincing Norrington
    Norrington's part would have been better if we'd never seen him in 2. After we've seen the jaded and over Elizabeth Norrington, the goody-two-shoes Admiral seemed fake.

5: Jack's pointless father
    If you're going to hire a Rolling Stone to make a guest appearance, why don't you use your money and give him something really important to do that Random Extra 4002 couldn't do just as well?

Will and Elizabeth were engaged/afianced in the second movie. Beckett stopped with wedding. They got Barbosa to marry them in the third movie.

Pirates 2+3 dropped in quality compared to the first one. Having to write a convincing(somewhat) trilogy based off the standalone first maybe made them put more work into it, but any more would start slipping more and mroe towards crap status.

For the record, Jones > Sparrow. Fishman Swagger > Lizard Walk.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post

1: No closure between Jones and Calypso
    If Calyspo had never made an appearance at all, Jones' death would have worked. But, since she did make an appearance AND they all but admitted they were still in love AND she's a goddess, Jones' death sucked. Just showing them looking at each other while sinking would have been more than enough and not made a huge extension to the 3 hours that movie was.
    ... I feel the EXACT opposite to everything you just said there. o_O
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    ... I feel the EXACT opposite to everything you just said there. o_O
    I feel the exact opposite of your exact opposite feeling.

It was like:
    Zoom. Calypso’s a goddess.
    Zoom. She creates a storm and leaves. Or Vise Versa.
    40 minutes of fighting. (Maybe. It was a lot, at any rate.)
    Jones dies.
    Nothing to connect Jones death to anything Calypso related, unless you really read into the storm ending. They seemed casually related, at best.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 05-31-2007 at 11:46 PM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2008 01:18 PM
    Threads

The movie rocks. If I were to judge the entire movie in all of it's aspects, then I might say that the movie would be a so-so. But cuz I like to watch the action and Jack's gibberish instead of the storyline and other stuff, this movie is a 10/10.
    What's this for....

GOTT E.S. Member Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2009 03:20 AM
    Threads

2: No explanation on how Beckett and Jack know each other
    Seeing as how apparently Jack and Beckett's buisness relationships are tied to Jack's deal with Jones, you'd think they would have explained it instead of leaving it open.

Well, Beckett's the guy who "branded" Jack as pirate in the first place. They mentioned it in Dead Man's Chest. They have a pretty bad history.
    You guys are so un-hip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off. - Zaphod Beeblerox

<-My anime/manga history in a nutshell.
    Tamago to chikai wa kudake-yasui.

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I love POC3, but I still prefer POC2. It's more hilarious compared to this because in POC3, there are many scenes that focus more on Will Turner. I like Capn Jack Sparrow more, actually. True, they were married in 2. Why are they marrying again? 0.o It doesn't make sense, and in the middle of a battle too. -_-; But the 'doesn't make sense' bit makes POC more interesting. ^^

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Daisy LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2014 07:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

A few comments to make now that I've read through most everything here. I was very much in love with all the fight scenes, they were awesome, Jack while somewhat overdone I think was still funny as hell and only Jonny Depp could do a character like that and pull it off as believable.

Opi, since you were the last one I read that made me want to post I got some come backs for what you said, though you kinda should have used spoiler tags.

I'm going to agree that there needed to be a bit more with Jones and Calypso... maybe because I think not everyone could read between the lines on it and frankly Calypso grew huge and disappeared to create said whirlpool in the water... and after all the pirates feared her there's this huge backstory as to whom she is and why the pirates locked her away... she just... leaves?
    But I have a bit of a theory with her too so someone can prove me wrong with it after...

Anyway, onto the next point. It was confusing... but at the same time ... hello Pirates. If they were faithful and true to their word they wouldn't be pirates. And it's about time that Will's Character had learned to be just like them.

Oh and someone already mentioned Beckett and Jack how they knew each other.

Norrington had a time and a place, and his role seemed out of place but if you were looking for the goody goody you forget he betrays that for Elizabeth to save her. Again giving into a little pirate in himself. His role though in the three movies has always kept one thing true. He loved Elizabeth more than anything. And I happen to like his line where he tells her that their paths always ran beside each other but never entertwined. It's his acceptance that they weren't meant to be together, something he had never given into even at the end of the first movie.

Ah Jack's father... only a man LIKE him could make a man LIKE Jack. Now I had a different opinion for Jack's father. I thought he actually played a very CRUCIAL piece of the story. Why? Because he says to Jack the one thing that somewhat makes him think. I think it's that advice/saying that he does that makes Jack in the end stab the heart with Will's hand so that Will will 'live' as the Captain of the Flying Dutchman. It made him think of someone else... and of Will and Elizabeth's love - instead of himself. Now while it'd have been fun to see him fight, go back to the post where I believe Ollie says they had to HOLD him up... and a stunt double wouldn't have passed well enough for us to have him in a fight scene.

Now my biggest PROBLEM with the movie was the Ending for Will and Elizabeth. I mean how much must it suck to be her. She lost her father and she can't see her husband more than once every ten years.
    I was kind of disappointed with that... but what can you do.
    My question/theory has got to do with Elizabeth. I didn't see the piece at the end but someone said she hasn't aged, is she the new Calypso. It would make sense, and somewhat filter back to how she was called Calypso...
    And it'd make sense how it wasn't more sad that Will was only going to see Elizabeth maybe six times in his life time (Older times, people didn't live as long)

Though, I have to say the begining of the movie where they're hanging people and then they start singing... brilliant. It was just... amazing to watch.

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

Junior Member confused is on a distinguished road confused's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2007 04:53 PM
    Threads

I love POC3, but I still prefer POC2. It's more hilarious compared to this because in POC3, there are many scenes that focus more on Will Turner. I like Capn Jack Sparrow more, actually. True, they were married in 2. Why are they marrying again? 0.o It doesn't make sense, and in the middle of a battle too. -_-; But the 'doesn't make sense' bit makes POC more interesting. ^^

yes the third movie rocked in my opinion but um no they never got married in the second one because Will got arrested.

Daisy LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2014 07:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by confused View Post

yes the third movie rocked in my opinion but um no they never got married in the second one because Will got arrested.
    ... you contradicted yourself.
    They were NOT married in the second movie, their wedding was interupted by Will being arrested and then Elizabeth was arrested shortly there after.
    Thus Will's upset-ness about Elizabeth kissing Jack and everything from the second movie.
    And all the doubt and questions throughout the third. Anyway, you should READ what you type before you press "Submit Reply".

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

La Celestiale ♥ Pleiades has a reputation beyond repute Pleiades has a reputation beyond repute Pleiades has a reputation beyond repute Pleiades has a reputation beyond repute Pleiades has a reputation beyond repute Pleiades has a reputation beyond repute Pleiades has a reputation beyond repute Pleiades has a reputation beyond repute Pleiades has a reputation beyond repute Pleiades has a reputation beyond repute Pleiades has a reputation beyond repute Pleiades's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2008 02:08 PM
    The other side of reason. The outside of truth.
    Threads

I haven't watched the movie yet, however, I'd love to [despite all your comments. xD]

This is more than just a place for my things

It says who I am, where I've been, how I feel
    This piece is far more than shelves and fine lines
    It brings balance & serenity to a chaotic world
    What you see is more than just functional form
    It's a well-designed window that
    looks in on my soul

♣-♣-

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The one major problem with the film was the length, I have nothing against 3 hour films but this movie wasn't 3 hours of awesome stuff.The start of the film was nice but after a little while in it felt like it was dragging at one scene(Not gonna say what scene)then the film drags for awhile because there are really no fight scenes for a long time in the film.And don't say it was to show more story, because the film didn't have much story in that time period and the story was really just everywhere.Every character had a story and that dosen't work in a film with so many actors, there was alot of back stories in the whole movie and when you focus on the main plot you see there isn't much to it.

The final battle was the best part of the film because it was really the only scene that was alot of action for a long period of time, every other action scene (and there wasn't many) were not that great.Sometimes the film had something good going, then they would do something stupid that really ruined the film for a little while then they would do it again.I think they didn't have alot to work with on the writing this time around because of the second film, the first movie was great because it had so much adventure, perfect acting, simple but well written plot and this movie had small ammounts of that.

Not a bad movie and good enough to see, but it is not amazing and not really anything to say great things about because of it not being a true summer blockbuster like the 1st film.Anyone who thinks this film was perfect and needed nothing changed is just all happy with the movie and not agreeing with some obvious things that other people bring up.LPS atleast made some good points and agreed with some things by others while still keeping her opinon the same, she didn't just say you are stupid and need to shut up like some people say.
    Last edited by The Wing Man; 06-03-2007 at 03:40 AM.
    -TWM-

Why don't fingers fing? Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2009 01:19 AM
    Threads

I've now seen the movie twice--and loved both viewings.

And some spoilers here:

When it comes to Captaining the Flying Dutchman, there's something that needs to be considered. Something I don't think the writers made perfectly clear. The reason Davy Jones was so bitter and angry at Calipso is because of the nature of the curse. The curse says that if the Captain of the Flying Dutchman has a true love and they remain true for the ten years the Captain is away, then on their return they will be freed and someone else will take their place as Captain.

So basically, if you watched the Clip after the credits, you'll know that Elizabeth stayed true. And hence, Will should now be freed.

Sources: http://www.wordplayer.com/forums/mov...cgi?read=98135
    <- this is from one of the writers of PoTC, Terry Rossio

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Wow, really?

Then Will Turner will be freed. I actually don't like the idea that they can only meet once every 10 years.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2008 01:18 PM
    Threads

That fact was the same when Jones was captain of the flying dutchman. When you see the movie, a little remembering won't hurt.
    What's this for....

Senior Member Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2019 11:16 AM
    Threads

The third was awesome. But extra stuff that wasn't needed was in there, but however, it was the first hour I liked.

Junior Member PinkFluffy~ is on a distinguished road PinkFluffy~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 12:10 PM
    Threads

Default I can't wait to see it

Im exsited....I've herd mixed things about it. Some say it's to long but I just say it's more to love ^__^=
    I hold you close to my heart......<3.

Theomorphic Abomination Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 11:32 PM
    Threads

Yeah. Pirates of the Caribbean is going to be an awsome trilogy with the third one out.

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, Beckett's the guy who &quot;branded&quot; Jack as pirate in the first place. They mentioned it in Dead Man's Chest. They have a pretty bad history.

That's not it. In the first place, Jack's &quot;branding&quot; was a tatoo in the first movie, so with that fuzzy and rewritten, that's pretty immaterial. The real problem is that Beckett seems to know Jack more than just catching and branding him. After all, if Beckett had caught the famous Captian Jack Sparrow, do you think he'd just brand him and let him go? You don't do that to pirates. You hang pirates.

Which is the problem. The only way that they make it clear is to go on the internet to an official source that is not the movie. This annoys me.

According to that source, Jack was once a merchant ship captain for the EIC. He captained the Wicked Wench(then the Black Pearl) until he found that his cargo was a load of slaves. He refused to sail, so Beckett burned and sank his ship. Jack was branded then. Jack(for whatever reason) dives down to the Wench and attempts to recover it somehow. He nearly drowns, which is when Jones comes and makes the deal. Jones raises the Wench, renames it the Black Pearl, and makes Jack captain for 13 years.

My question/theory has got to do with Elizabeth. I didn't see the piece at the end but someone said she hasn't aged, is she the new Calypso. It would make sense, and somewhat filter back to how she was called Calypso...

Sao Feng misunderstood when Barbossa told him about Calypso. When Barbossa said that he had Calypso, Sao Feng thought about the woman who was traveling with Barbossa that was confident and was giving a lot of orders- Elizabeth. He hadn't seen Tia Dalma before this and had no reason to suspect her. So, he thought that Elizabeth was Calypso, when she was not.

There's another thing: Barbossa's mutiny. Barbossa was a Pirate Lord ofr quite some time, long enough to give Ragetti his wooden eye. That means that he was a Lord sometime in the time before the first movie. Jack was also a Lord for at least that long, since there wasn't any real time between the movies for him to inherit the title. Barbossa knows the value of the Pirate Lords and knows how much it messes things up for one to die without passing his Peice on. Yet, Barbossa maroons Jack and leaves him to die twice.

Latest Update:

Souhi's beloved fangirl *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.*'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2009 11:59 AM
    Threads

I liked it, but it got weird sometimes. O.o

I believe they could have done better.
    ~Thanks, Souhi! I heart it!~

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Klutz13 View Post
    I've now seen the movie twice--and loved both viewings.

And some spoilers here:

When it comes to Captaining the Flying Dutchman, there's something that needs to be considered. Something I don't think the writers made perfectly clear. The reason Davy Jones was so bitter and angry at Calipso is because of the nature of the curse. The curse says that if the Captain of the Flying Dutchman has a true love and they remain true for the ten years the Captain is away, then on their return they will be freed and someone else will take their place as Captain.

So basically, if you watched the Clip after the credits, you'll know that Elizabeth stayed true. And hence, Will should now be freed.

Sources: http://www.wordplayer.com/forums/mov...cgi?read=98135
    <- this is from one of the writers of PoTC, Terry Rossio

Yeah, I heard of that, too. I also heard and saw that scene ended up on the cutting room floor. And there are at least two reasons for this:

1. The Flying Dutchman NEEDS a captain. Lost souls NEED a guide. Will can't just up and leave.

2. If Will could just leave after 10 years, it would make it look like a simple 10-year job, which it obviously isn't, and that would ruin the fun angst of how Will and Elizabeth can't truly be together.

That's not it. In the first place, Jack's &quot;branding&quot; was a tatoo in the first movie, so with that fuzzy and rewritten, that's pretty immaterial.
    Was it? I remember a P brand on his arm in the first movie quite well.
    Last edited by Ollie; 06-03-2007 at 07:32 PM.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Gil
    Doubtful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It was a P tatoo. Norrington rips Jack's sleeve up to the P and said something to the effect of, &quot;Had a brush with the East India Trading Company, eh, pirate?&quot; Then he rips the sleeve up further to a matching tatoo of a sparrow, which is how Norrington identifies him as Jack Sparrow.
    Last edited by Opinionated; 06-03-2007 at 09:13 PM.

Latest Update:

Senior Member WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2007 02:20 AM
    Threads

There's another thing: Barbossa's mutiny. Barbossa was a Pirate Lord ofr quite some time, long enough to give Ragetti his wooden eye. That means that he was a Lord sometime in the time before the first movie. Jack was also a Lord for at least that long, since there wasn't any real time between the movies for him to inherit the title. Barbossa knows the value of the Pirate Lords and knows how much it messes things up for one to die without passing his Peice on. Yet, Barbossa maroons Jack and leaves him to die twice.

Well, actually, I don't really understand why Barbossa wouldn't do something. As Jack used to be his captain, it's natural to mutiny. And they'd be rivals as Pirate Lords anyways. Besides, the only real trouble of killing a Pirate Lord if he doesn't pass his Piece of Eight is that you can't really free Calypso. When Barbossa maroons Jack, not only has he eliminated a Pirate Lord (one of the big fish in the pirating world), but since Jack can't give his Piece, Barbossa has also eliminated the opportunity for another Pirate Lord to arise. So he wins.

Also, I think Barbossa became Pirate Lord after Jack did. First he maroons Jack (a Pirate Lord) then becomes captain of the Black Pearl, and then a Pirate Lord, while Jack, who still has his piece, stays one as well.
    “I found one day in school a boy of medium size ill-treating a smaller boy. I expostulated, but he replied: 'The bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; that's fair.' In these words he epitomized the history of the human race.” –Bertrand Russell

Thanks to Chimes for the Avatar

Keiko here~~~ Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2009 05:46 PM
    Threads

I think it was dissapointing.

1)as said by Opinionated, not enough story among calypso and davy jones.

2)Barbossa was only vice captain in the first movie when he first led the mutiny. N reggeti had the eye for that long as well. Meaning, did the pirates lords accept him as another pirate lord after the mutiny? Pirates had their own code of law, therefore what Barbossa done was actually scorned, nevertheless, he still had his own key. If that's so, they should've just replaced jack with barbossa since he's the one who took over jack's ship. N yet both of them are recognised as pirate lords. Confusing.

3)Then there was chow yun fat. Sure, I admire him as an actor, but did anyone notice, that h's scenes are actually somewhat irrelevant? N why must barbossa n elizabeth find him of all people for help? If I'm not mistaken, from where they were (I've forgotten the name), they were closer to africa, or even india. Why singapore? Why chow yun fat?

4)Too many laughs and sometimes it seems to misfit a little.
    Legend_S. Forever a great friend, will never forget you. R.I.P.

Made by dearest sis akari_aurion! XP Arigatou ne~

Senior Member riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2008 10:55 PM
    Threads

Like most of u hav said there were too many questions and they didnt reveal much of davy jones and calypso, what happened in the past that made sao feng hate jack so much.. they didnt develop much on the plot either. davy jones just die like that and calypso just disappear seems too simple. but what i like bout the movie is keira play a major role in the movie as one of the pirate lords. its a rare scene where most of the movies would make a guy as the main character and gets all the credits in a movie. and i like the idea of how each of them hav their own purpose and how they use each other to achieve what they want. its brilliant and cunning.

PARLEY....?

Senior Member WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2007 02:20 AM
    Threads

It was a P tatoo. Norrington rips Jack's sleeve up to the P and said something to the effect of, &quot;Had a brush with the East India Trading Company, eh, pirate?&quot; Then he rips the sleeve up further to a matching tatoo of a sparrow, which is how Norrington identifies him as Jack Sparrow.
    Actually, I just watched the first PotC movie (on TV), and in that scene, the P wasn't a tattoo, but a brand. I don't know if it was a tattoo when the movie came out in theaters, but when I watched it, it was definitely a brand.
    “I found one day in school a boy of medium size ill-treating a smaller boy. I expostulated, but he replied: 'The bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; that's fair.' In these words he epitomized the history of the human race.” –Bertrand Russell

Thanks to Chimes for the Avatar

Closed Thread

Thread Information