AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Bright Eyes

Almost Infamous[♥] DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2011 12:52 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Bright Eyes

Strange but I searched for this thread but yet it doesnt appear. There are a few a people here already that know who Bright Eyes are.

Vocals/Guitar/Song Writer - Conor Oberst
    Misc Instruments/Song Writer - Mike Mogis

Currently signed to Saddle Creek

Well a discription for them is quite hard, since every album has introduced new elements to the band. They're considered Indie/Folk but its not country for all you people that are already shacking the mouse. Lyrical concepts are quite sharp, ranging from politics, to abstract views of society, to most anything relative to the human condition.

Songs that might interest you to continue looking into the band

Bright Eyes - Haligh, Haligh, A Lie, Halgh
    Bright Eyes - Something Vague
    Bright Eyes - Poison Oak
    Bright Eyes - Bowl Of Oranges
    Bright Eyes - When The President Talks To God
    Bright Eyes - Road To Joy [Im Wide Awake Its Morning]

[Warning] Many consider the band as "emo"
    Last edited by DarkPrinceBman; 04-19-2007 at 01:44 AM.

[ True*Poet ]

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There are 2 possible reasons why you couldn't find a thread already.
    1. there never was one
    2. there was one but I've allowed it to disappear (due to the automatic closing of threads not posted in for 30 days)

I haven't listened to them in a while.
    In fact it's been so long that I can't think of a single song off the top of my head.
    I really need to dig out my cds and dust them off. ^_^

As to their being labelled "emo" almost any band can fall under that label as music is usually about emotions and feelings. Even the classics.

Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 03:57 PM
    Threads

Emo is just a retarded term, nowadays it is so commonly coined to a variety of groups for groups that don't even fit the bill simply because their music has any sort of emotion. Even to quote Guy Picciotto of Fugazi and The Rites Of Spring, two of the most influential emo groups said,

"I don't recognize that attribution. I've never recognized 'emo' as a genre of music. I always thought it was the most retarded term ever. I know there is this generic commonplace that every band that gets labeled with that term hates it. They feel scandalized by it. But honestly, I just thought that all the bands I played in were punk rock bands. The reason I think it's so stupid is that - what, like the Bad Brains weren't emotional? What - they were robots or something? It just doesn't make any sense to me."

Ok, so maybe I'm going to end up threadjacking, so I hope you all ignore this now.

Anywho, I love Bright Eyes. I have Lifted and I'm Wide Awake It's Morning, their Indie Folk stuff, and I think it brilliant. I'm going to pick up Cassadaga soon and I hope to get their electronic stuff soon.
    Last edited by Ryth; 04-19-2007 at 07:34 PM.

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Their lyrics are amazing. I haven't heard a song of theirs yet that hasn't had fantastic trippy lyrics.

But I'm not that big a fan of Conor Oberst's voice. It's not something I could listen to all of the time.

My favorite songs are Easy/Lucky/Free and Hit the Switch.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I hear girls want on Conor Oberst so bad. I hear they're lyrics are fantastic, boarderline genius. I don't know about their music, I've never even heard one song by them. I've only heard they're fantastic by word of mouth. Which means my expectations will be very high when I eventually check them out and If I happen to hate them i'll be oh so dissapointed.
    Last edited by Masali; 06-17-2007 at 02:58 PM. Reason: I let that error go for 2 months!?!? (they're -> Their)
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Senior Member Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2007 02:33 PM
    Threads

I only heard about 10 of their songs. But I like what I hear. I mean, sometimes some of the music is kind of like 'bleh', but he's got some nice writing skills and some great insight. My favorite songs are The Bottom of Everything, and Landlocked Blues. I adore those songs. ^^

And yeah, his voice gets annoying after a set period of time. Especially when he yells. I don't know. Makes me want to wrap myself in a blanket from all the shivering he does.
    - Wonderful sig made by Megami91 -

And when the day arrives
    I'll become the sky
    And I'll become the sea
    And the sea will come to kiss me
    For I am going home.
    Nothing can stop me now.

Member soulrls will become famous soon enough soulrls's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2008 08:46 AM
    Threads

Bright Eyes is an amazing band. I've listened to every song I can find by them but don't have any of the cds...yet. The Calendar Hung Itself and Bowl of Oranges are two of my favorite songs.

I've heard them called new-folk and electronica. They aren't emo, even though they are often considered that. Most bands do have songs with emotional lyrics, but that doesn't make them "emo".
    (I also find it strange that most people think emo is short for emotional, when it's actually Emotive Charged Hard-Core 'Music'(emocore)which is why it's impossible to act, or dress "emo". Just wanted to mention that)

sig by ~*Dizzy*~

Junior Member haruko_attack!!! will become famous soon enough haruko_attack!!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2007 02:54 PM
    Threads

His lyrics inspire me.
    Don't look at me like that...
    It's a hobby of mine.

Member Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2010 09:55 AM
    Threads

His best song is
    Sunrise Sunset you should all check it out.
    A clever man who taught his flesh the way of steel, this lasting man of resolve and will.

Senior Member Charmmy has a reputation beyond repute Charmmy has a reputation beyond repute Charmmy has a reputation beyond repute Charmmy has a reputation beyond repute Charmmy has a reputation beyond repute Charmmy has a reputation beyond repute Charmmy has a reputation beyond repute Charmmy has a reputation beyond repute Charmmy has a reputation beyond repute Charmmy has a reputation beyond repute Charmmy has a reputation beyond repute Charmmy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2007 10:22 PM
    Threads

I haven't listened to Bright Eyes in a long while, wow. The first time I ever heard of them was probably.. two years ago? Maybe one and a half. I've only heard one song by them though, and that's "Lover I Don't Have To Love," and I really liked it.

Almost Infamous[♥] DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2011 12:52 PM
    Threads

Well going to update the thread just a little bit.

Their new album "Cassadaga", like their previous albums, branches away from their sounds from the previous album.

As "Fevers, and Mirrors" (2000 i think) sounds far different than "Lifted or The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear To The Ground" (2002) so on and so on. Cassadaga seems to involve orcestra as much as appropriate. The lyrics are once again delightfully sorrowful though his voice has evolved losing a little bit of grain and adding range.

In all I am not dissapointed with the album at all, at first its alittle difficult to get used to since the tempo and riffs seem very country but he never neglects the blues so it all blends fairly well.

[ True*Poet ]

Junior Member ThePrincessofDenial has a brilliant future ThePrincessofDenial has a brilliant future ThePrincessofDenial has a brilliant future ThePrincessofDenial has a brilliant future ThePrincessofDenial has a brilliant future ThePrincessofDenial has a brilliant future ThePrincessofDenial has a brilliant future ThePrincessofDenial has a brilliant future ThePrincessofDenial has a brilliant future ThePrincessofDenial has a brilliant future ThePrincessofDenial has a brilliant future ThePrincessofDenial's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2007 11:09 PM
    Threads

Amazingly interesting band-such compelling lyrics and videos

My favorites are Easy Lucky Free, First Day of My Life, and above all in my top 25 songs ever is Lover I don't have to Love

By the way he is tripping on acid while he writes most of his songs. No joke

Closed Thread

Thread Information