AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: っぷり?

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    glasnost is on a distinguished road glasnost's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2007 03:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default っぷり?

On the internet, I've run across っぷり as a suffix of sorts on nouns and 連用形 verbs, i.e. 読みっぷり, 女っぷり
    Could someone explain what this means? Thanks.

Senior Member Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2019 11:16 AM
    Threads

..You mean explain what the suffixes mean?

Junior Member zER3oSa104ki is on a distinguished road zER3oSa104ki's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2007 04:07 PM
    Threads

I don't think you say 「女っぷり」 that doesn't really make sense.
    "xxxっぷり" kind of means how much of xxx you do. so like if you say 「飲みっぷりがいい(飲みっぷりis good)」 it means you drink alot, which is normally taken in a positive way. Same to "読みっぷり" but in that case its "reading". If you get what I mean.

Member Anime_Freakz~ is infamous around these parts Anime_Freakz~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2007 07:22 PM
    Threads

let's see if I can make this out, this(飲み) should be a verb? and what's with th 'gaii' thing?

Junior Member kitune is on a distinguished road kitune's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2007 10:35 AM
    Threads

"っぷり" means something like "manner", "behavior" or "the way of one's doing". I think it originated from "ふり(振り)", which means "pretending" or "choreography of a dance or a drama".

When we Japanese hear "女っぷり(femaleっぷり)", we imagine gentleness, charm and beauty. And when "男っぷり(maleっぷり)", we imagine strength, sense of justice and courage.

In the case of "読みっぷり(readingっぷり)", it means the way of reading. For example, "読みっぷりがいい(Your readingっぷり is good)" means "You read correctly with big cheerful voice."

*** to zER3oSa104ki ***
    "飲みっぷり(drinkingっぷり)" has little about the quantity. When you drink a glass of beer in one draft, you would be said "見事な飲みっぷりだね。(You have nice dinkingっぷり)". The speed and the expression while drinking are more important than the quantity.

I'm grateful if this post helps you.

Closed Thread

Thread Information