AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Manga:Priest

Senior Member Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2007 02:09 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Talking Manga:Priest

*this is my first attempt at a review sort of thing so be kind *

Hey there people. I've just read the first book of the Manga 'Priest' and must say I'm quite impressed!

It's set in the American West (think Cowboys) where evil has started to spread and takeover in preparation to the revival of a Fallen Arch-angle: Temozarela.
    The guy who's there to stop them, a Priest (called Ivan Isaacs) who's turned away from God and sold half of his soul to another Daemon to be able to fight this new evil.

The book is filled with loads of gore and undead things from start to finish, with several Cowboy cliches; that we all love; thrown in aswell. As you can guess, Ivan is a kinda shady character (with Trenchcoat) and isn't subtle in dealing with his Daemonic enemies. His weapons of choice are: Tommy Gun, Double Barreld Shotgun (both loaded with Silver Bullets) and a kicka$$ Knife.

The plot is the same kinda Anti-hero, Daemon Killing fest that seems to have been done hundreds of times over, but still feels fresh and new. The artwork itself is very Gothic looking with actions scenes and blood on Hellsing proprtion's. Character design is again, quite cliched, but still looks solid and intriguing, especially Ivan (like Alucard) is instantly cool.

I personally loved this book and can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series (I think there's 12 books so far) and give it a 8/10 so far. It isn't perfect as like i've said; it's a worn out storyline; but has been done in such a way as you can still enjoy it and the artwork is great. Not only that, but you can't really go wrong with Daemons, Heretic Priests and loadsa gore can you?
    Last edited by Toastie; 04-12-2007 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks Nespa for this lovely sig!!!

Senior Member nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2009 06:53 PM
    Threads

man iv had this book for so long and iv tried to mention it on here and in my blog but to no avail im so happy u like 2 of my favourite anime/manga priest and hellsing btw its 10/10 lol hehehe and also theres 16 books out now with a 17th on its way i wish there were 12 coz iv only got tht much and i must say the story gets better artwork even better and its just amazing bye the justice and mercy concept art book and see the work for min woo hyungs new stuff its amazing hehe
    Its not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog.

MY STUFF
    HELLSING ORDER 3

Senior Member Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2007 02:09 AM
    Threads

Well it seems like you and me are the only ones that know of this piece of sheer genius. I just got Vol. 2 and 3 through the post today, so will be able to elaborate on my 'Review Thing' once I get more of the story as it looks really promising! Ivan just kicks so much *** though, he's instantly cool
    I've only seen vol. 12 here in Britian, but that dosen't surprise me.

As for Hellsing, one of my Favourite Mangas along with Berserk. Now i've gotta wait till July 27th for Vol.8 to see Alucard kickass again

Till Later

Thanks Nespa for this lovely sig!!!

Senior Member nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu has a reputation beyond repute nosfarartu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2009 06:53 PM
    Threads

ye man no the feeling cant wait for it 2 come out over in the west mids and ye ivan is so cool hehehe
    Its not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog.

MY STUFF
    HELLSING ORDER 3

Closed Thread

Thread Information