AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Excel Saga - Was Episode 26 really 'Going Too Far"l

Senior Member mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2008 03:18 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Excel Saga - Was Episode 26 really 'Going Too Far"l

Its odd. about this i'm of two minds.
    Was excel Saga's Epoisde 26 "Going Too Far" really going too far?

1) - yes, it was going too far. - concidering the series origionally started out as PG. (i.e. children under thirteen could watch it with their parents permission), and finshed being rated as MA (i.e. restricted to people over the age of fifteen.)
    as i was collecting the series i had been loaning them to one of my friend's brother who was thirteen at the time. however when i saw the last disk i made sure i watched it with him so i was certain he didn't see the last episode and run the risk of me getting banned from the house....his dad though the episode was hillarious though.
    which brings me to....
    2) - hell no! - it was too funny to leave out and because of the theme of the show it was perfect as the final episode. just to push the limits. it had everything, well, almost everything you wouldn't see on a saturday morning show. plus it was still so obsurde to have you in stiches.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Nah, I dont think it was. From what I understand, the episode was never going to be made until they decided 'screw it'. The whole point to Excel Saga was to make fun of the japanese culture and anime. With the last episode, they made fun of the more adult culture (pink elephants, hotels, etc). It did get a bit risque' at times, but that was the point. I thought it was a great episode...one of my favs actually.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 02:25 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: No Wii

Not at all, you must remember the whole show was done for Satire, because of that, no matter how far they go, it shouldn't be taken into account in my opinion.

Satire means they're only kidding and making fun of a situation, IE: Shioji's Lolita Complex, Notice he wears the White Labcoat? so of course, they're making fun of the pervy guy who wears the trenchcoat.

Excel Saga should Never ever be taken seriously, that's why I say Excel Saga's not for everyone. you can take it seriously, which would seriously offend you.

or you can take it as water off the back and it not be serious,

If you do the first: Excel Saga will offend you at every turn
    If you do the second: You'll have a good time.

Nah. 26 didn't go too far at all.
    If Anyone has a question about the Anime Industry, be it "What to buy?" Or my opinion on a certain topic. Feel Free to IM Me.

Note: Please make it ledgible and readable before you send it(No Chatspeak please)

Note: Any Questions on "Where can I get things for free" or Piracy issues: Will be met with a Fist of an Angry God(Ignored)

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by NovaStar View Post
    Satire means they're only kidding and making fun of a situation, IE: Shioji's Lolita Complex, Notice he wears the White Labcoat? so of course, they're making fun of the pervy guy who wears the trenchcoat.
    Well, Shioji was based on Icchan from Angelic Layer who was constantly seen around Misaki, who was only about...I think 12 in the anime, and he was constantly being harassed for being a 'pedophile', when it was for something completly different.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi View Post
    Well, Shioji was based on Icchan from Angelic Layer who was constantly seen around Misaki, who was only about...I think 12 in the anime, and he was constantly being harassed for being a 'pedophile', when it was for something completly different.
    Yup. But for people like me, who's first set was Excel Saga, I didn't know of the Angelic Layer Parody at the time, so you can imagine what I'd think. or what anyone else would for that matter.
    If Anyone has a question about the Anime Industry, be it "What to buy?" Or my opinion on a certain topic. Feel Free to IM Me.

Note: Please make it ledgible and readable before you send it(No Chatspeak please)

Note: Any Questions on "Where can I get things for free" or Piracy issues: Will be met with a Fist of an Angry God(Ignored)

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Excel Saga, on the list of Deadpools greatest anime ever made. (Thats only a list of 7 by the way)

So no, it didn't go to far. As a matter of fact, it didn't go far enough! I demand an new episode, even more degrading and offensive!

Senior Member shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2007 07:59 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: im a shinobi

Ahh Excel good times.

If you are true ninja you would copy "i support the ninja"into your sig and help conquer the internet.

Senior Member mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2008 03:18 AM
    Threads

everyone doesn't think so and for loosely the same reason....interesting.

does anyone have any thoughts about the minimum age group that would start watching this and be unprepared for the last episode?
    (i know i sound like some crazy activist mom concerned about the youth of today.....thats just the hat i'm wearing for this thread. )
    i adore excel and i wouldn't have even considered this idea if i didn't have aforemention friends little brother make me aware of it.

if you think i'm wrong. why?.....i'm actually intrested to know.

Gil
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Unless they completely, and I mean completely? know of the ways of human nature(IE: The Birds and The Bees)

Are Well Informed on Lesbianism(Roppenmatsu/Roppenmatsu II

Can Take a Joke

And can deal with ..as you said, Episode 26? I 'd only recomend showing this to someone 15 and up, lesser? wouldn't understand it.

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    Threads

Everything on Excel Saga is a little crazy to say the least so considering that Hyatt dies so many times, surely puts a mature label on the series. In Australia, the boxset got a M for mature. I thought the last episode was extremely violent but thats the appeal isn't it?

Gotta love it.

Gil
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post
    Everything on Excel Saga is a little crazy to say the least so considering that Hyatt dies so many times, surely puts a mature label on the series. In Australia, the boxset got a M for mature. I thought the last episode was extremely violent but thats the appeal isn't it?

Gotta love it.

Violence(Aside from Excel's Rant and Hyatt's "I Fill the world with Blood" Problem has nothing to do with episode 26

Episode 26 is just Shinichi Watanabe(Nabeshin) Pushing the Envelope as much as he can.

Teh Asugin! Gintara has a reputation beyond repute Gintara has a reputation beyond repute Gintara has a reputation beyond repute Gintara has a reputation beyond repute Gintara has a reputation beyond repute Gintara has a reputation beyond repute Gintara has a reputation beyond repute Gintara has a reputation beyond repute Gintara has a reputation beyond repute Gintara has a reputation beyond repute Gintara has a reputation beyond repute Gintara's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2011 08:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: goninety

I never watched the 26th episode...but I saw a picture of it...it seemed like it...
    [deviantART][MangaHelpers gallery]
    "We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!"
    -
    Éclair "Lightning" Farron

Junior Member superdood is on a distinguished road superdood's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2007 07:02 AM
    Threads

Episode 26 was freakin' AWESOME.

Closed Thread

Thread Information