AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Help Finding an Anime

Junior Member AnimeForBreakfast is on a distinguished road AnimeForBreakfast's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2007 01:03 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Help Finding an Anime

Hi. I need help finding an anime I saw a long time ago.
    I only remember bits and pieces of it, but I'll try to describe it the best I can.

From what I can remember, the boy is abducted by some aliens. He is later recovered by an organization on earth. The boy has on him a crystal (green i think) shaped kind of like a cross, and can use it to either transform or summon a robot armor suit onto him. The main weapon on the armor seems to be a green laser cannon that shoots from each of his shoulders. Here's the catch, everytime he uses this weapon the crystal cracks a bit. His lfe is threatened if the crystal shatters completely. The last episode I saw showed his sister (who was also abducted) appear. She also has a crystal (red) and armor, but is brainwashed into fighting against her brother.

this is the list of anime I know is not:
    escaflowne, none of the gundams, evangelion.

any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I saw this anime on television; USA; maybe sometime 1994-1996
    Last edited by AnimeForBreakfast; 03-24-2007 at 12:39 AM.

I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 02:25 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: No Wii

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeForBreakfast View Post
    Hi. I need help finding an anime I saw a long time ago.
    I only remember bits and pieces of it, but I'll try to describe it the best I can.

From what I can remember, the boy is abducted by some aliens. He is later recovered by an organization on earth. The boy has on him a crystal (green i think) shaped kind of like a cross, and can use it to either transform or summon a robot armor suit onto him. The main weapon on the armor seems to be a green laser cannon that shoots from each of his shoulders. Here's the catch, everytime he uses this weapon the crystal cracks a bit. His lfe is threatened if the crystal shatters completely. The last episode I saw showed his sister (who was also abducted) appear. She also has a crystal (red) and armor, but is brainwashed into fighting against her brother.

this is the list of anime I know is not:
    escaflowne, none of the gundams, evangelion.

any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I saw this anime on television; USA; maybe sometime 1994-1996
    Seeing as it is NONE of the Gundams, OR not Eva, and I know very little about Mecha, also considering the timeline, I'd say it's Martian Successor Nadiseco which cartoon network also had.

However it's now out of print.
    If Anyone has a question about the Anime Industry, be it "What to buy?" Or my opinion on a certain topic. Feel Free to IM Me.

Note: Please make it ledgible and readable before you send it(No Chatspeak please)

Note: Any Questions on "Where can I get things for free" or Piracy issues: Will be met with a Fist of an Angry God(Ignored)

Junior Member AnimeForBreakfast is on a distinguished road AnimeForBreakfast's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, "Martian Successor Nadiseco" does not appear to be the anime I'm looking for.

To be more specific, the anime I'm trying to find takes place in 20th century. The only defense against the aliens is the boy and his armor alone. There are no other characters capable of using the armor or have any similiar abilities. The organization operates from a base in the desert (the bulk of the battles if not all also seems to take place in this desert), and from here they research the crystal. The aliens themselves orbit the earth in ships, and from there they launch there attacks. The attacks came in waves of perhaps one or two (usually one). They attack with an armor similiar to what the boy uses (except no shoulder cannon like the boy, except the sister). Boy's armor is white, has green crystal, and shoots out green laser. Sister's armor is greyish, has red crystal, and shoots out red laser. The crystal itself is not physically attached to the armor.

Anime seems more of the part of Drama/Action (there doesn't seem to by any humor in it. at least to my recollection)

Now this part I don't know if I'm recalling correctly, or confusing with another anime:

The head researcher is the daughter of the general of the base. The researcher worries for the boy's health, but also fears that if they lose him in battle that their research would come to an halt. She would prefer if he does not engage the aliens, but a situation always arrises where they need him and the general makes the call to use him. This seems to happen constantly.

I hope this anime really exists, and that I'm not just imagining it.
    Just in case.
    Patent Pending.
    Patent Pending.
    Patent Pending.
    Last edited by AnimeForBreakfast; 03-25-2007 at 12:51 AM.

Junior Member Wooosh is on a distinguished road Wooosh's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2007 02:41 PM
    Threads

Ok, Animeforbreakfast, i been lookin for the exact same anime for a while now and i believe that i have found wat both of us have been lookin for. The anime is called "Teknoman" in the US and "Tekkaman Blade" jp. I used to watch this anime when i was really young and could never remember the title on that the main character had a crystal and transfermed into a mecha. The description you gave was similar to how i remember the anime and i hope it is the same. Im dlin the ep right now, i pretty sure its the anime you've been looking for.

Senior Member threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2008 07:43 PM
    Threads

I'd go with assman's advise
    POWER TO THE CHIBI!!!

(\__/) This is Bunny.Copy Bunny into
    (O.o ) ur signature to help him
    (> < ) on his way to world domination.
    from jose101..

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

OMG!!! Yes!

That is the anime I've been looking for.

Thank you very much!

Closed Thread

Thread Information