AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Queens of the Stone Age

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Queens of the Stone Age

Queens of the Stone Age

Genre: Stoner Rock, Garage

Members:
    The most recent line up is:
    Joshua Homme - Vocals/Guitar/Bass (1997–present)
    Troy Van Leeuwen - Guitar/Lap Steel/Keyboards/Bass/Vocals (2002–present)
    Joey Castillo - Drums (2002–present)
    Alain Johannes - Bass/Guitar/Vocals (2005–Present)

Former members include Dave Grohl, Mark Lanegan, Nick Oliveri, and Matt Cameron.

Favorite Songs:
    “Auto Pilot” from Rated R
    “Better Living Through Chemicals” from Rated R
    “Go with the Flow” from Songs for the Deaf
    “You Think I Ain’t Worth a Dollar, but I Feel Like a Million” from Songs for the Deaf
    “Mosquito Song” From Songs for the Deaf
    “Medication” from Lullabies to Paralyze
    “Everybody Knows That You Are Insane” from Lullabies to Paralyze
    “In My Head” from Lullabies to Paralyze
    “Mexicola” from Over the River and Through the Woods (Live Album)

How Long They’ve Been Playing: 10 Years.

Difficulty to Find: Their latter 3 albums (Songs for the Deaf, Lullabies to Paralyze, Over the River and Through the Woods) should be in any CD store. Rated R can be found, but you may have to look around for it. Their self titled album is very hard to find.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Member Ayumi Momoshi will become famous soon enough Ayumi Momoshi will become famous soon enough Ayumi Momoshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2007 02:27 PM
    Threads

At times I wish I had a band because I like making lyrics since i write poems. Post some of your bands music I'll listen to probably any type of music other than country... bad experience anyways ROCK ON !! =P
    Eyes full Of Sadness, Tears full of hatred
    Loveless through all your life, sooner or later there will be light
    Trust me and take my hand
    I will show you love Gaara of the sand

Some people Say im obsessed I say im in love =P

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Umm. It's not my band.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

Queens of the stongage isn't a bad band...I've only listened to Rated R and I thought it was pretty good but they have one member (i think its the bassist) who write really bad songs. I believe on of those songs on rated R went "Little gir/Walking down street..." something something a lot of screaming and nothing really of musical value. But their main writer is really good. I love Leg of Lamb and Keeping a Secret
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

Senior Member Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2007 11:22 AM
    Threads

They're pretty cool. And I'm excited for Era Vulgaris.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Breaeden "Luzy" Swordwind View Post
    Queens of the stongage isn't a bad band...I've only listened to Rated R and I thought it was pretty good but they have one member (i think its the bassist) who write really bad songs. I believe on of those songs on rated R went "Little gir/Walking down street..." something something a lot of screaming and nothing really of musical value. But their main writer is really good. I love Leg of Lamb and Keeping a Secret
    Without looking, I'm pretty sure it's Nick Oliveri. He was a much better Singer on Songs for the Deaf, but he has since left the band.

The song you are talking about is "Quick and to the Pointless" and the titles pretty much an apt discription. QotSA song's are sometimes more about the music itself then the lyrics, and I think it does pretty good job as a manic set up for the more mellow "In the Fade."

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 03:57 PM
    Threads

I have Rated R, Songs For The Deaf, and Lullabies To Paralyze. Good band, namely Songs For The Deaf that album is more or less flawless and I still listen to it all the time. Rated R was decent in my opinion but I felt they achieved more with SFTD, and "Feel Good Hit Of The Summer" was terrible, and it didn't deserve the reprise it got in the song "In The Fade"(?). Lullabies To Paralyze is easily their worst, it has a couple great tracks, but too much forgettable filler. They should've cut the album in half and leave out the majority of that filler. I hope they can give us something great with their upcominmg album.

At times I wish I had a band because I like making lyrics since i write poems. Post some of your bands music I'll listen to probably any type of music other than country... bad experience anyways ROCK ON !! =P
    What the bloody hell are you talking about?

Senior Member Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ryth View Post
    "Feel Good Hit Of The Summer" was terrible.

What the bloody hell are you talking about?
    "Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol...C-c-c-cocaiiiiin!"

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You're lucky this forum has rules.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Feel Good Hit of the Summer... You either love it or hate it. I kind of like the song myself, but I can understand why people feel otherwise.

As for Lullabies To Paralyze, at first I though it was pretty weak too. I started listening to it more, and I changed my mind. Sure, there are some songs that aren't very good (Tangled up in plaid, Skin on Skin, Broken Box, and "You got a killer scene there man..." specifically) but the rest is either a Great or Epic on the Awesomeness Scale.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Meh, I listened to it a couple of times. It really couldn't do it for me past the mediorce level. That's just me though.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yay! I finally submitted to the pressure and downloaded their self-titled. How to Handle a Rope, Avon, Mexicola, You Can't Quit Me Baby, Regular John and I was a Teenage Hand Model are all really, really awesome.

I'm still meaning to get the song Era Vulgaris (They said they want it spread, or else I wouldn't) which, apparently, features Trent Reznor.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 05:02 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ask me for it Steam ID: askmeforit

QOTSA's new album, Era Vulgaris, can be streamed in its entirety at MuchMusic.com.

Link

Not sure how long this will be the case, so listen while you can. I've given it about three spins so far, and I like it a lot. I'm not too familiar with the band, as I've only heard about seven songs of theirs (a friend connected me with a few of their albums, but I haven't listened to them yet), but the new album seems pretty different from their earlier works.
    Get some exercise this summer and raise money to fight disease. Find a free charity walk in your area:
    AIDS Walk | Walk to Defeat ALS | Walk MS | Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
    Light The Night for Leukemia & Lymphona | Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis

Senior Member Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2007 02:33 PM
    Threads

I'm still meaning to get the song Era Vulgaris (They said they want it spread, or else I wouldn't) which, apparently, features Trent Reznor.
    Ah!
    *downloads*
    - Wonderful sig made by Megami91 -

And when the day arrives
    I'll become the sky
    And I'll become the sea
    And the sea will come to kiss me
    For I am going home.
    Nothing can stop me now.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Era Vulgaris is awesome. Face to face with NIN's latest for my current favorite album, of 07'.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Really, I listened to it and thought it was pretty underwhelming.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

To each their own.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryth View Post
    Really, I listened to it and thought it was pretty underwhelming.
    I haven't, but even if all the magazines giving it 4 to 4 1/2 stars are wrong, and you and Entertainment Weekly are correct it will have been worth it, if only for . (Posted by the band, so it's not Copyright infringing)

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think you'll like it, Manhatten Project, but I think it's in the same field as Lullabies To Paralyze for me. To be fair, I haven't listened to it as much as I should, but I certainly will.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Regarding Era Vulgaris:

EPIC

Oh, and this is about the best description of the band and the album ever: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...0:jvfyxz85ldse

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

I really want their new album. I've listened to bits and pieces of it so far and I really like it. Seems worth the buy.

Their song Turnin' on the Screw reminds me of something STP would have done (sort of like a combo of Lounge Fly off of their Purple album and Ride the Cliche off of Tiny Music). And for that I instantly like it. I'm a sucker for that kind of sound.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Just got Era Vulgaris today. I share MP2K's thoughts:

Epic indeed.

"Sick, Sick, Sick" is outstanding. "I'm really likin' "I'm a Designer" too and of course "3's and 7's"
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok, so I really have to give this album another listen it seems.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I might be liking this album on the same level as MP2k, since I've been listening to it all day (and I got it this morning at 2PM...which is morning for me) and it's now 12:36 AM.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Closed Thread

Thread Information