AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Underappreciated characters

Member Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2007 08:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Underappreciated characters

Isn't it annoying to have a good character overlooked? They can fight or do whatever as good as the main characters. I'm talking about Iruka Umino from Naruto. He's the main character's surrogate father! When is he going to have a part in the story again?

Then there's Yamcha and Tienshinhan from Dragonball Z. They may be just human but Toriyama-sensei should have given them SOMETHING after the Cell Saga. You can't always rely on Son Goku!

Any other underappreciated character you know?

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2016 09:01 AM
    Threads

Kyosuke Imai from Hajime no Ippo. He got screwed in his fight with Itagaki which he really won and he hasn't really developed much since then while Itagaki has CRAZY upgrades.

Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Member BaBiiAnGeL250 is a splendid one to behold BaBiiAnGeL250 is a splendid one to behold BaBiiAnGeL250 is a splendid one to behold BaBiiAnGeL250 is a splendid one to behold BaBiiAnGeL250 is a splendid one to behold BaBiiAnGeL250 is a splendid one to behold BaBiiAnGeL250 is a splendid one to behold BaBiiAnGeL250's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2007 01:28 PM
    Threads

I think that an underappreciated character is Karinka from Steel Angel KURUMI
    ^^ This Beautiful Set Made By Trinity Muse ^^

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gold_Roger View Post
    Isn't it annoying to have a good character overlooked? They can fight or do whatever as good as the main characters. I'm talking about Iruka Umino from Naruto. He's the main character's surrogate father! When is he going to have a part in the story again?

Then there's Yamcha and Tienshinhan from Dragonball Z. They may be just human but Toriyama-sensei should have given them SOMETHING after the Cell Saga. You can't always rely on Son Goku!
    Iruka has served his main purpose . Besides, we got to see more of him during the chunnin exams. He's not a very powerful ninja. Actually, he seems to be more like a REAL ninja than anyone else on the show.

Yamcha & Tien suck. They never got any stronger after the whole Raditz incident. Have they EVER won a fight??? Even Krilin got stronger than them.

My pic goes to Masataka Takayanagi from Tenjou Tenge. When it first started I thought that he would be the star. But obviously they made Souichiro Nagi the star.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

This probably won't suprise you but I think the Extended from the Original Gundam Seed were underdevelop. I do understand they were brought in primarily as cannon fodder but you would think that a show like Gundam which basically goes out of its way to show the human (and flawed) reasons why people fight would try very hard to avoid such villianous and dehumanized characters. They existed only really as faces and screams and were basically left empty.
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

Senior Member shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2008 06:04 PM
    Threads

shino is anunderestimated character in naruto.shino has the best jutsu in my opion,i really didnt notice shino at the begining of naruto but he's one of my fav characters now

Member Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2007 08:07 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mugetsu View Post
    Iruka has served his main purpose . Besides, we got to see more of him during the chunnin exams. He's not a very powerful ninja. Actually, he seems to be more like a REAL ninja than anyone else on the show.

Yamcha & Tien suck. They never got any stronger after the whole Raditz incident. Have they EVER won a fight??? Even Krilin got stronger than them.

My pic goes to Masataka Takayanagi from Tenjou Tenge. When it first started I thought that he would be the star. But obviously they made Souichiro Nagi the star.
    Don't act like you know everything and expect for your input to still matter.

Digital Plague bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2007 07:47 AM
    Threads

Aisha Clan Clan .Appreciate her NOW!!!.

I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 02:25 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: No Wii

Underapreciated Characters? Hmm

Cherry From Saber Marionette J Comes to mind, as does Shinobu from Love Hina(In my opinion because I love her :P) Umm... Bathyscaphe from World of Narue, Vega from Street Fighter II V and Oddly? Chloe from Noir

Just my thoughts ^_^

Senior Member Lil~Shawty~Gurl has a spectacular aura about Lil~Shawty~Gurl has a spectacular aura about Lil~Shawty~Gurl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2007 10:26 AM
    Threads

Miyu from Vampire Princess Miyu <.<

Robot Inflicted Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2008 12:59 PM
    Threads

Neji from Naruto, man that guy owned Hinata, owned Naruto if it wasn't for Kyubi and beat Kidomaru, then he doesn't stand out much. Plus the hyuga is pretty dull compared to Uchiha since Neji is the prodigy he was a chuunin later than age 13 that's when Itachi was an anbu captain.

No.1 Maverick Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2008 09:15 PM
    Threads

Kon and Tatsuki from Bleach. 2 of my favorite characters. Kon was funny, and Tatsuki was too cool for words. I worshipped her! TT
    Last edited by Korobi; 03-12-2007 at 08:39 PM.
    Made by my lover ♥ Jagan Eye

Robot Inflicted Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2008 12:59 PM
    Threads

Also Hitsugaya from Bleach we only see him when the espada come to town, that was it.

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2014 11:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Quote Originally Posted by Rowloman View Post
    Neji from Naruto, man that guy owned Hinata, owned Naruto if it wasn't for Kyubi and beat Kidomaru, then he doesn't stand out much. Plus the hyuga is pretty dull compared to Uchiha since Neji is the prodigy he was a chuunin later than age 13 that's when Itachi was an anbu captain.

Yeah!

Closed Thread

Thread Information