AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adult Swim

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 02:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Adult Swim

What do you people think of the new stuff they have on adult swim, you know Soul of the Mole Man, Moral Oral, Awesome Show ect...
    I really cant stand this crap, and isnt adult swim on cartoon network, so where are the cartoons?
    [my stuff] I make my sigs.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Adult Swim != Cartoon Network

Adult Swim is the channel that is on when Cartoon Network isn't. They are owned by the same company, and used to be run by the same people, but aren't anymore. It's like asking why Nickelodeon doesn't show I Love Lucy when Nick at Nite does. Same relationship.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Haibara is a jewel in the rough Haibara is a jewel in the rough Haibara is a jewel in the rough Haibara's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2007 10:35 AM
    Threads

I hate those shows, why can't they just show more anime like they used to.

Senior Member kaasuten has a reputation beyond repute kaasuten has a reputation beyond repute kaasuten has a reputation beyond repute kaasuten has a reputation beyond repute kaasuten has a reputation beyond repute kaasuten has a reputation beyond repute kaasuten has a reputation beyond repute kaasuten has a reputation beyond repute kaasuten has a reputation beyond repute kaasuten has a reputation beyond repute kaasuten has a reputation beyond repute kaasuten's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2009 12:00 AM
    Threads

i hate those shows to, there so stupid my IQ falls by the second if i'm watching one of the shows.

sincerely
    me
    Last edited by kaasuten; 03-11-2007 at 11:45 PM.

Be not afraid by who I am , but afraid of who You might be

I'm the world's strongest coffee candy!!

This magical bridge of hope and wonder

I've been playing to much guitar,
    I've been listening to jazz.

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    Adult Swim != Cartoon Network

Adult Swim is the channel that is on when Cartoon Network isn't. They are owned by the same company, and used to be run by the same people, but aren't anymore. It's like asking why Nickelodeon doesn't show I Love Lucy when Nick at Nite does. Same relationship.
    I know all of that what I ment was cartoonnetwork... CARTOONS not this crap they put on adult swim when anime isn't on.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Let me repeat myself.

Adult Swim is not Cartoon Network.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2007 07:59 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: im a shinobi

Robot chicken is funny

If you are true ninja you would copy "i support the ninja"into your sig and help conquer the internet.

Smile -Noata- loves you Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 03:33 PM
    On my bed with a pencil in my hand and my sketchbook in my lap.
    Threads

that junk is retarted!!!! i miss those days when they showed tons of anime!!!! actually...sunday is the worst night to watch adult swim....the rest of the time...adult swim's okay.
    Sig made by the lovely: Nespa

"Don't look back. If you got something to do, then only look forward."
    - Kurogane ( Resiervoir Chronicle)

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like Aqua Teen.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

Senior Member Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2007 11:25 AM
    Threads

So much of the Adult Swim comedy shows are going for the cheap easy humor... I'm sorry but I was taught in improve to avoid the cheap toilet and gross humor, even Family Guy has fallen into this. I miss the days when an idea was formulated and then extrapolated out to it's most absurd conclusion before being run with. The new shows just seem too desperate... Like they are asking us, "Am I funny yet? Please laugh at me... LIKE ME!!!!"

Senior Member precious_angel has a brilliant future precious_angel has a brilliant future precious_angel has a brilliant future precious_angel has a brilliant future precious_angel has a brilliant future precious_angel has a brilliant future precious_angel has a brilliant future precious_angel has a brilliant future precious_angel has a brilliant future precious_angel has a brilliant future precious_angel has a brilliant future precious_angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2007 04:02 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Apollo View Post
    So much of the Adult Swim comedy shows are going for the cheap easy humor... I'm sorry but I was taught in improve to avoid the cheap toilet and gross humor, even Family Guy has fallen into this. I miss the days when an idea was formulated and then extrapolated out to it's most absurd conclusion before being run with. The new shows just seem too desperate... Like they are asking us, "Am I funny yet? Please laugh at me... LIKE ME!!!!"
    i agree with you- it's so true
    There are 20 angels in this world
    10 are sleeping
    9 are playing1 is reading this

http://ladybaneheart.proboards77.com/index.cgi

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Apollo View Post
    I agree aswell.
    I wish they would atleast show unedited anime...
    or bring back things like gundam DBZ or something from when i was still in HS
    MySpace FaceBook

Senior Member ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2007 06:08 PM
    Threads

ya... I personally think a lot of the new things they put on aren't even funny, and that they should get some good stuff. But I love Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and I liked watching anime every once in a while, but now I turn it on and it's just weird new shows.

Junior Member Yuasuki is on a distinguished road Yuasuki's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2007 11:55 AM
    Threads

Go On youtube adult swim.. type in robot chicken that was created by seth green part of adult swim and just watch those.
    YUASUKI! (is my band)

[Insert witty title here] [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean]'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2009 07:32 PM
    Threads

... O.o;; so you people are saying that all adults should watch anime? That Adult Swim should be a knockoff of Toonami, and those channels that contain only anime? I love anime too...but go buy a manga book, or get free downloads online! By the way...in all of the years I've watched Adult Swim it has never had DBZ...that's more of a Toonami thing. Gundam and such always came directly before it, so if you have problems with that take it up with CN.

Edit: And if you're wondering why I'm italicizing specific words, it's to put emphasis on the title...it's Adult Swim....therefore it is only natural it has adult humor...if it were to be called Anime Swim (weirdness) it would be something completely different, now wouldn't it?
    Last edited by [Boolean]; 03-12-2007 at 04:15 PM.
    Awesome Websites!::Gallery(NEW!)::Give these creatures a home!::Trainer Card

Formerly known as Chimes, if anyone remembers that name...no...? Didn't think so. 8D

bool answer=...;

...don't pay attention to this sig...or that avatar...currently in thought process of how to include changed username in a new image set...

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

UGH I hate those shows! I haven't even bothered watching something stupid like Moral Oral. XP They're just immature and dirty.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by demonplight View Post
    I agree aswell.
    Unedited Anime? Use YouTube, or anything better that you know of.

Get this through your head: No network that is run entirely by Ad revenue is going to bring you drawn pictures of boobies. Adult Swim is extremely good at bringing you Anime that has been edited as little as they can get away with. Hell, Surfing Robot Variety Show had an episode where a major character was trapped under wreckage in a dieing plane, while futilely trying to take something off of her severed arm, five feet away. It would have been the easiest thing in the world to cut out that graphic scene entirely. But they didn’t. So what if they have to cut out unnecessary cleavage shots? It's free. Live with it, or don't.

And why are you, a 22 year-old, so concerned about this anyway??? I don't often say this but you really need to get another hobby.

As for the new shows, they are aimed at an older demographic then the 18-24, so of course you don’t like them. I personally have enough knowledge of television before my time to find humor in Morel Oral and Saul of the Mole Men, although I still think Awesome Show is a bit too stupid to be funny.

P.S. Chimes already mentioned this, but Adult Swim has never shown any of DBZ or Gundam. You’re thinking Toonami’s Midnight Run, which is in no way Adult Swim.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Wish I could be here more.. (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_)'s Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Coffee
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2015 06:39 PM
    Threads

i always liked the old shows better
    I'm (_YvOnSo_), aka Von. You can call me either.
    I'm back!

If you play, message me your username.

(_YvOnSo_)'s Artwork
    Check out some of my work!

[Insert witty title here] [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean]'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2009 07:32 PM
    Threads

I agree aswell.
    They do show unedited episodes of anime sometimes...have you ever seen Paranoia Agent? Or for more current shows...Eureka 7, Blood+, Trinity Blood?

Plus...you're 22, like MP2K! If you're really that old, you surely have enough money to simply buy the unedited DVD's!
    Last edited by [Boolean]; 03-12-2007 at 09:09 PM.
    Awesome Websites!::Gallery(NEW!)::Give these creatures a home!::Trainer Card

Formerly known as Chimes, if anyone remembers that name...no...? Didn't think so. 8D

bool answer=...;

...don't pay attention to this sig...or that avatar...currently in thought process of how to include changed username in a new image set...

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

What I was suggesting was to bring back a few of the episodes from our youth. You know the things us older people watched when we where younger instead of the crap they are making now.
    It is a program block for more mature audiences, that is aimed at you guessed it college students like me. Ah my hobbies I rebuild cars between working full time ie 50+ hours a week, and full time student. but i get home from work and all that is on worth anything is well adult swim. or what ever is on my dvr, well adult swim.
    Last edited by demonplight; 03-13-2007 at 02:57 AM. Reason: dont want to argue
    MySpace FaceBook

Drive.Drift.Dream. Sephy will become famous soon enough Sephy will become famous soon enough Sephy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2007 09:58 AM
    Threads

Adult Swim has gone way downhill. Aqua Teen is funny, but the rest of the stuff they show now is crap.
    Toyz Unlimited - Toyota & Lexus Specialists

Family is in Journal

90 Firebird - Sold
    87 N/A RX-7 (Fiona) - Sold
    88 N/A RX-7 (Allie) - Sold
    87 TII RX-7 (Savanna) - Sold
    86 Cressida - Daily/Drifter
    90 240SX Hatch - Sold

Drive.Drift.Dream. Sephy will become famous soon enough Sephy will become famous soon enough Sephy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2007 09:58 AM
    Threads

Ah my hobbies I rebuild cars
    Off topic what what projects do you have going on right now?
    Toyz Unlimited - Toyota & Lexus Specialists

Family is in Journal

90 Firebird - Sold
    87 N/A RX-7 (Fiona) - Sold
    88 N/A RX-7 (Allie) - Sold
    87 TII RX-7 (Savanna) - Sold
    86 Cressida - Daily/Drifter
    90 240SX Hatch - Sold

Member ~kloud~ is a glorious beacon of light ~kloud~ is a glorious beacon of light ~kloud~ is a glorious beacon of light ~kloud~ is a glorious beacon of light ~kloud~ is a glorious beacon of light ~kloud~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-18-2007 06:24 AM
    Threads

it has its good parts, i like robot chicken and aqua teen thingiy with the burger frise and all that but most of it is crap, and not funny more disturbing!

Hay i cant spell so just relax and try to read it OK

GOT TO KNOW ME

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What I was suggesting was to bring back a few of the episodes from our youth. You know the things us older people watched when we where younger instead of the crap they are making now.
    It is a program block for more mature audiences, that is aimed at you guessed it college students like me. Ah my hobbies I rebuild cars between working full time ie 50+ hours a week, and full time student. but i get home from work and all that is on worth anything is well adult swim. or what ever is on my dvr, well adult swim.
    But see: it is funny, just not to you.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2010 03:31 PM
    Threads

I don't enjoy watching anything on cartoon network or adult swim.. There are well and truly too many adverts for my tasting, they cut out parts of episodes, you need to watch them at a certain time each day and if you feel like watching another episode you can't. I'd much rather buy the dvd's of the anime show I was interested in.
    Last edited by Santa Clause : 25/12/1bc at 00:00 AM. Reason: I felt like it, you idiot.

Closed Thread

Thread Information