AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Zodiac-The 13th sign

Junior Member Eruruu will become famous soon enough Eruruu will become famous soon enough Eruruu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2007 12:52 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs down Zodiac-The 13th sign

The British Astronomical Society have just discovered a new group of stars called Ophiuchus. This new star sign lies somewhere between Sagittarius and Scorpio and upsets the alignment of all the signs.

Those people who thought they were a Gemini are in fact a Taurian. Astrologers, who make their living predicting peoples lives from the stars, are sceptical about the new sign.
    ~There can be no growth without suffering~
    ~No future without sacrifice~
    ~And...No dream without end~

http://blerg.org/?u=Zee-Zee

the cosmic bricklayer spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2021 04:48 AM
    Threads

hmm...interesting i should check this out...(heh dots)
    chirumiru, drink it and your head goes chirumiru
    you get smarter!

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Bogus.

For one thing Ptolemy listed it, so the British Astronomical Society would have to be stupid in order to miss it.

As for the rest:
    Quote Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiuchus
    In the 2nd century, Ptolemy listed 29 stars in Ophiuchus. He recognized that most of those stars were north of the ecliptic (the path of the Sun through the sky) — however, 4 of them (today known as 36 Oph, 42 θ Oph, 44 Oph and 51 Oph) he recognized as being south of the ecliptic. Therefore, the Sun passed through the constellation of Ophiuchus as it was recognised by Ptolemy.

The reason that Ophiuchus is not a part of the western astrological zodiac is because that zodiac is defined on the basis of the sun spending an equal amount of time in twelve astrological signs starting at the vernal equinox in the northern hemisphere — this is called the tropical zodiac. There is also a sidereal zodiac, which is based on the actual location of the stars in the sky, and which is used by Hindu and some Western astrologers. At present, the sun is in Ophiuchus from November 30 to December 17.
    Edit: It's also worth mentioning that the British Astronomical society wouldn't bother "discovering" a constellation, because constellations are meaningless groupings of stars in the sky as seen from Earth. Only Astrologers would bother, and they don't because "discovering" constellations would ruin their "credibility".
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 03-06-2007 at 10:40 PM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Basically, astrology is a steaming load of supersticious crap.

"One would imagine, in this day of widespread enlightenment and education, that it would be unnecessary to debunk beliefs based on magic and superstition. Yet, acceptance of astrology pervades modern society. We are especially disturbed by the continued uncritical dissemination of astrological charts, forecasts, and horoscopes by the media and by otherwise reputable newspapers, magazines, and book publishers. This can only contribute to the growth of irrationalism and obscurantism. We believe that the time has come to challenge directly, and forcefully, the pretentious claims of astrological charlatans."
    [Objections to Astrology, A Statement by 186 Leading Scientists]

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli's Avatar
    Gil
    Sick
    Gifts Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2010 04:01 PM
    I'm with my friends under the cherry blossem trees
    Threads

ok thats rather freaky i might not be the zodiac i thought i was after all!
    Thanks Nespa for the Avay and Sig
    Are you a fan?

Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 05:54 AM
    Threads

The only reason I acknowledge zodiacs (both Eastern and Western) is for the benefit of those who are curious about it.

A new constellation is "discovered", Pluto isn't considered a planet anymore... all that outer space stuff... I wouldn't care unless there's something about to hit Earth.

(PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)

Digital Plague bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2007 07:47 AM
    Threads

I rather stick with the 12 signs.

U. S. Marine BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Gun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2010 09:55 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Biggsam4

They just ruined the order of the universe with this 13th sign...that makes astrology all the more confusing

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

YAY!!! No One Can Read Anymore!!!
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    Amen.

XD.

I could care less about the zodiac anyway. The whole thing is pretty much rubbish, especially those articles in the paper that are supposed to tell you how your day's going to be, because it's always wrong.

The whole '13th Zodiac' thing is just so these bigot astronomers and whatever can just look smart 'like omg we haven't been sitting on our butts staring into space for the last twenty years no, we've been looking at the Zodiac'.

It's all B.C.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What you write:

Bogus.

For one thing Ptolemy listed it, so the British Astronomical Society would have to be stupid in order to miss it.

As for the rest:

Edit: It's also worth mentioning that the British Astronomical society wouldn't bother "discovering" a constellation, because constellations are meaningless groupings of stars in the sky as seen from Earth. Only Astrologers would bother, and they don't because "discovering" constellations would ruin their "credibility".
    What they see:

Quote Originally Posted by Znaunggna_Cebwrpg_2000 View Post
    Obthf.

Sbe bar guvat Cgbyrzl yvfgrq vg, fb gur Oevgvfu Nfgebabzvpny Fbpvrgl jbhyq unir gb or fghcvq va beqre gb zvff vg.

Nf sbe gur erfg:

Rqvg: Vg'f nyfb jbegu zragvbavat gung gur Oevgvfu Nfgebabzvpny fbpvrgl jbhyqa'g obgure "qvfpbirevat" n pbafgryyngvba, orpnhfr pbafgryyngvbaf ner zrnavatyrff tebhcvatf bs fgnef va gur fxl nf frra sebz Rnegu. Bayl Nfgebybtref jbhyq obgure, naq gurl qba'g orpnhfr "qvfpbirevat" pbafgryyngvbaf jbhyq ehva gurve "perqvovyvgl".
    Last edited by Eris; 03-07-2007 at 10:41 AM.

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2009 05:50 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Amen.

XD.

I could care less about the zodiac anyway. The whole thing is pretty much rubbish, especially those articles in the paper that are supposed to tell you how your day's going to be, because it's always wrong.

The whole '13th Zodiac' thing is just so these bigot astronomers and whatever can just look smart 'like omg we haven't been sitting on our butts staring into space for the last twenty years no, we've been looking at the Zodiac'.

It's all B.C.
    If it were all B.C., we wouldn't be so concerned about it in the A.D. Or BCE.

Some day, you'll dine on a solid snake.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

LOL Eris!!!!

That made my whole month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Fo shizzle. xD

sorry, couldn't resist with the cap-speak and stuff. I bet I made a real fool of myself there.

Astronomers do this sort of stuff because it gets them money to just stare into space. We all know that the sun is in fact 8 minutes ahead of what we see of it, and the stars these astrologers see at night are probably dead and don't exist. The Zodiac is a pile of rubbish for all I can see.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    LOL Eris!!!!

That made my whole month.
    Fo shizzle. xD
    Yes, that translation completely redeemed this entire thread. Almost.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I suggest you thoroughly read the link i posted earlier.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    I suggest you thoroughly read the link i posted earlier.
    It was merely a play on what Mac said.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It was merely a play on what Mac said.
    Mac is basically right. It is obsolete science. Yet, you don't see a column in the paper discussing the latest advances in phlogiston, do you?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Mac is basically right. It is obsolete science. Yet, you don't see a column in the paper discussing the latest advances in phlogiston, do you?
    I agree with Mac. There's no need or room for mysticism in the answers to questions where hard facts are present.

And I appreciate your humor.

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Maybe the 13th sign was tricked by the rat and so it didn't get to be an official sign. If that's the case, I feel bad for it.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Arrow

Since I am person who participates in Astrology, I will expain something:

Although Astronomers discovered a new constellation, that would not mess up your zodiac sign. And even if the months did change, do you think you would want to change it? Based on my personality, I KNOW I am a Gemini, not a Taurus. Most signs match up to you anyway, even a little bit. So, if you thought your sign didn't match up to you before, a new zodiac will really mess it up.

Also:
    Astronomer=Astronomy Astrologer=Astrology
    These are in no way related (except with the connection with stars). Astronomy is an actual science while Astrology is a pseudoscience, meaning its not real. I use it for divination purposes, and even then I am not that serious about it. Astronomers have absolutly no say on whether or not this new constellation is a new zodiac sign. That would be up to the Astrologers, who hate Astronomers anyway.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Closed Thread

Thread Information