AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Emo culture threatens to kill our young!

the cosmic bricklayer spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee! has a reputation beyond repute spleeee!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2021 04:48 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

i cant believe these people, this is funny. not the fact that they're trying to kill themselves, but the fact that they would want to.
    i don't laugh at people, just the things that happen to them if the things are absurd...or the things they do to themselves...
    chirumiru, drink it and your head goes chirumiru
    you get smarter!

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 02:18 AM
    Threads

Emo wont kill off the young, the news is just making a big problem out of a fashion statement, they would have the right if there was a mass ammount of suicides by emo kids, but there hasn't to my knowledge.

Junior Member llstrangell will become famous soon enough llstrangell's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2007 11:31 PM
    Threads

They really are just being scared of a trend. I also dont like people who are stereotyping these kids. Emo or not, they still are teaching adults or whoever watches this that 'emo' kids all dress alike and will try to kill themselves.

As the person who posted earlier said... she is accused of being 'emo' but laughs and enjoys herself with her friends. They are not really bothering to see the person for who they really are. The majority of people who dress this way arent even like that. It's just a fashion statement. I guess i just hate it when people label others and i cant believe that a newstation would have a report on such a case that is a sterotype.

i know there are people out there who really are cutting themselves, but they are in no real danger because if htey are just doing it as a trend they wont go all the way. The ones just doing it to fit in wont have the guts to hurt themselves too badly. I would assume that if you ever came across one that did extreme things, there probably is something wrong in his or her life. Not that they should be solving it that way. The ones with the real problems are the ones that are going to extremes and are the ones we need to worry about. Not just people who look 'emo'.
    Last edited by llstrangell; 02-28-2007 at 07:32 PM.

Does this look infected? FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2009 04:40 AM
    Threads

I think that its kinda stupid really.
    Young people has killed themselves through all times wether it has been jumping out in front of a train or slashing their wrists til they bleed to death.
    I think that a huge part of this emo thing is trend: the style is hot I must admit, with the clothing and hair. Though alot of people around here thinks that emo is: black tight jeans, tight t-shirt, black hair and eyeliner. Which is 1/2 the truth. But its more about people who has enough feelings to injure themselves, which is their problem I guess. As long as it doesn't hurt others.
    [Feli<3Dottie<3Mori<3Lovebeat.(sig by her)]

You know that you're in love whan you can't fall asleep
    Because your reality is finally better the your dreams.
    http://felectric.deviantart.com

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

"If i were Emo, i'd cut myself"
    Hmmm...
    "If i were Emo, i'd cut my throat"
    Sounds good.
    "If i were Emo, i'd cut my damn head off on the instant"
    You're progressing, kid, keep it up.
    "If i were Emo, i'd set myself and other Emos on fire"
    MUSIC to my ears.
    Honestly, Goths are less pathetic
    Actually, i have to be thankfull to the Emo society. For showing off a bad example to the REAL people. Whoever wants better out of life, and fix their problems will mereley have to look upon these posers that show them how not to be, in order to act the RIGHT way.
    Yes, i think Emos ARE helping society, but only the society outside of the Emo clique, not the ones inside it.
    I have now just finished watching Final Destination 3, and i must say that is the perfect cure for Emo.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sad to say, i was Emo but i changed. I'm not against it or anything but still my school is packed with them.^^

Junior Member Claireloveschoccie will become famous soon enough Claireloveschoccie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2007 06:56 AM
    Threads

Hahahaha, that is so steyrotypical! I wear dark colours, listen to rock music and have floppy hair, but nobody calls me emo, hang on, that might be the fact that I 'm blonde! But anyways, that is so rude, emos are just the same as all of us
    Claire (:0 It's an angel and a monkey! And a ninja! Hoyyyyyyyyyyya!

Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 05:54 AM
    Threads

I don't like emo people.

And don't be offended by that, you know what I mean.

(PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)

Senior Member inu_yasha614 will become famous soon enough inu_yasha614's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2007 12:07 PM
    Threads

Well...Everyone is emo...It's just a shortning for the word 'Emotional' and everyone feel's emotions, they just have diffrent was of expressing them...
    Last edited by inu_yasha614; 03-04-2007 at 08:51 AM.
    Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
    </3</3</3

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What are these points used for anyway? Are they like experiance points, or can they be exchanged for Hot Topic vouchers?

Quote Originally Posted by inu_yasha614 View Post
    Well...Everyone is emo...It's just a shortning for the word 'Emotional' and everyone feel's emotions, they just have diffrent was of expressing them...
    No, it's short for Emotional Hardcore, a talentless genre of whining to the sound of bland guitars. And it refers to the group of people who associate with that genre.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 03-04-2007 at 09:00 AM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 03-04-2007 at 08:59 AM. Reason: ack, ignore me

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    Well wouldnt that be considerd screamo? Because Ive heard alot of bands that are conciderd "emo", but have not one bit of screaming.
    Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
    </3</3</3

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No, Emo is Emotional Hardcore. It doesn't involve screaming, necessarily.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    No, Emo is Emotional Hardcore. It doesn't involve screaming, necessarily.
    Oh I see...
    But what about Weezer and HelloGoodbye
    They are "emo" Bands and their isnt really anything "Hardcore" About them.
    </3</3</3

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh I see...
    I don't know the latter, but Weezer is in no way a Emo band.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2007 02:37 AM
    Live? You wanna know where I live!? Stalker!
    Threads

I just think this whole sterotype is stupid and I hate it

I have friends who dress emo, but they're not despressed and wanting to cut themselves. They just want to have fun, we always have a laugh.

I sometimes dress emoish (I've never been called emo though), I have a side fringe, skinny jeans, wear eyelinder, etc (I don't dress dark though). I'm never sad or wanting to cut myself, in fact I think its a cowardly way to solve your problems by cutting yourself. I'm always happy and love everyone.

Okay, maybe there are some emos out there that do cut themselves, but it doesn't mean that we all do it, it just mostly the trend that we like, not cutting or anything like that
    Bleach
    Naruto

Senior Member Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity has a reputation beyond repute Chazity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2007 02:37 AM
    Live? You wanna know where I live!? Stalker!
    Threads

Though I did find the video funny
    Bleach
    Naruto

Senior Member Asyuoli is a jewel in the rough Asyuoli is a jewel in the rough Asyuoli is a jewel in the rough Asyuoli's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2007 03:43 PM
    Threads

i think that if the news is having to do an article about it then its gotten waaaayy to serious!

As Chazity said, not all emo's cut themselves and are only in it for the fashion

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Oh I see...
    By definition, hellogoodbye is a synthpop band. They have only a little of emo-esque songs. That's like labling the Red Hot Chili Peppers as a Doo-Whop band because they cover "Teenager in Love"

Or calling Tom Morello a DJ because he simulates a Scratching noise on his guitar.
    Last edited by Masali; 03-04-2007 at 04:43 PM.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Closed Thread

Thread Information