AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Tender Moon a work in progress

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Question Tender Moon a work in progress

As I'm new to this whole wallpapering thing...or still relatively new to it...I spend a fair amount of time revising things people have said needed work. I try to keep it simple cos I'm just not that comfortable with the programmes yet. This is my current work in progress. I've no idea who the anime girl is, I just found her on the net while looking for sad images. The background was done using the GIMP and the text had to be done on Photoshop as the GIMP didn't like 16th Century Italian.

Comments and suggestions are welcome as long as you don't berate me too badly
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

TANSTAAFL elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2007 10:41 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

That's a real nice start.

The girl is a bit to small for my taste. Make her a little bigger and / or move her slightly more to the center (only a tad).

The text just doesn't work for me. It harmonizes in no way with the rest of the wallpaper. I'd slightly decrease its opacity and add a glow, a drop shadow or some other simple effect to it.

Other than that, I would change nothing. Good work.

Have fun,
    Elfenstein.

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OK....revamped (meaning I had to start over) version. I was disinclined to adjust the size of the girl due to the fact I didn't want her to overwhelm the wall. But I did play around a bit more and add other effects to it

Anime-Tron

Siggy by DPBM

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Hm....the text still doesn't fit. Text is the hardest part of any graphic. It can make or break the effect you're trying to make. And I think the stock is....well.....a little jagged to be honest. Perhaps you can sharpen her, or change her opacity a bit to make her blend more. Or you can set the eraser to a very light opacity and erase the edges to make them softer. Otherwise, I like it. The colors work well.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Millicent Blanche dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2012 02:13 AM
    Underneath the night sky gazing at the moon and the shining stars sitting in a cliff above the ocean
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like it!The girl is pretty,and the colors seems so majestic.You are so lucky you found her!

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2013 08:59 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I like the first version much more, it has a feeling of depth plus the colours were better. Also, you should get rid of the moon and putting the planet there instead. Work more on the text, too, since its quite ugly and does not blend in - major turn-off for me.

In need of a dose of ARIA.
    In need of a ticket to Neo-Venezia.

Ivanova is god.

Taiga ga suki da. KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2010 12:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

the overall composition of the entire wallpaper works really well.i like it!^^ oh, and maybe coz im not really that talented but i dont see any problem with the text.looks ok enuff for me.^^

バン!バン!
    ---

|

---
    [sketches] | [sig thread]

Gil
    Ornery
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I know I haven't worked on it in a while, but today I decided to try again. I've 2 new versions of it. Muzzy liked the original bg but not the moon...well, I've brought back that bg, but I happen to like the moon..I may try again with a larger planet instead of the moon...but we'll see. I did change the text, repositioned the girl, added wings and played with the lighting effects

*edit* here's a version I've been working on following what Muzzy had to say. The moon is gone, replaced by some sort of nova star. I've added the plumeria to the bottom half in the hopes of adding depth to it. I've still got to add shadowing and such. Comments as always are welcome
    Last edited by Myrra; 03-21-2007 at 07:22 PM.
    Anime-Tron

Siggy by DPBM

Junior Member kitten-kitten is on a distinguished road kitten-kitten's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2007 07:52 AM
    Threads

Talking Ohyeah!!

This is a very amazing piture I wish I knew how to draw like that and I have no clue how put up wallpaper...eh heh heh*nervous* well anyway I like the wallpape!
    (\/)
    (**) ~Evil Ploting Bunnies~ *Yumi Inuzuka*
    /"\ )
    U U
    Last edited by kitten-kitten; 04-18-2007 at 03:14 PM. Reason: it was lame

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

You know, I don't like those yellow stars in the bg. Cool colors with warm colors....I dunno. I think they should go. I don't like mixing sides of the color wheel toomuch, and I think the warmness kinda takes away from the mystic feeling you have going in the rest of it.

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    Threads

I like the latest update but the moon was kind of cool. . . . . . . All of them are great!

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

This is my opinion:
    This wallpaper is near perfect...
    Only thing that bothers me-girls face is bit blured,or is it just my monitor?
    Anyway,great work,still,I like the last one with the moon on it...
    Last one,with that nova star...
    Well,to tell the truth,I dont really like it...
    That nova star ruined it(it is only my opinion,it's shouldn't bother you much)...
    Again,if it isn't my monitor,just clear girls face for 1% or 2%,and it should be almost perfect...
    Oh,and her body is glowing more than it should(or it's the way I see it)...
    I say almost perfect,because nothing in the world is perfect^^
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Gil
    Ornery
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I should have a new update for the last version I've been working on this weekend. But I need some text that will be more appropriate to the wall. If anyone has suggestions, I'll be more than happy. I'm trying to use the suggestions Muzzy gave me to improve it. I've removed/hid much of the yellow in the b/g (it's just quite time consuming) and making other minor adjustments.
    I've not noticed any blur to the girl's face but I'll have another look when I finish up.

*edit* Here's what I call Muzzy's version. Apologies for not following all your suggestions, Muz, but I'm afraid my limited skills prevented me.
    Last edited by Myrra; 04-13-2007 at 03:20 PM.
    Anime-Tron

Siggy by DPBM

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

*bumpy bump* o_O;

Gil
    Ornery
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Thank you, Wizzy.
    I've made a few more changes here, the biggest being that I've decided to drop the text all together. Upon review it just cluttered up the wall, detracting from what I wanted.
    The next biggest change is the wings. I opted instead for something a bit more etheral. Besides at the moment, the dragonflies in my yard outnumber the butterflies. And I like how the wings now glow on their own.
    I did a bit more editing and playing around to play down the yellow in several of the stars...sadly when I made the original b/g, I didn't think ahead enough to keep things on separate layers so there was no way to remove just the yellow stars.
    Hope everyone likes the changes, but as usual, feel free to comment and make suggestions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TenderNightv2.jpg‎
Views:	53
Size:	897.9 KB
ID:	16073  
    Anime-Tron

Siggy by DPBM

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 11:27 PM
    Threads

flowers in space? strange but cute idea.
    I find the wings.. adorable.
    Uhh.. about the flower having something like slightly white to be something like the one she's holding? I dunno. But i don't force you mam' or should i say miss? to change it again...
    Keep it up!! n__n

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Uhhh...I never noticed she had wings till you changed them. XD I don't like the wings at all, nor do I like the flowers (regardless of their color). I just...don't like either. Sorry.

Senior Member Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki has a reputation beyond repute Gouki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2011 03:52 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 360 is where its at

Thats looks very nice crazy idea but its still nice

Senior Member Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2008 02:22 PM
    Threads

First off, good work and nice try for first timer.

I like the first wallpaper. But let me comment on the latest wall.
    Good bg, but wrong concept.

Try to remove the planet on the upper right and also the star on the left. Add the previous planet that you removed on the far left again and add some more planets on the bg, and make it randomly small, place it randomly as the bg is kinda empty. But try not to adjust it to be big, otherwise it looks blurry and not matching to the scan, which is a high quality scan.

I suggest you add clouds so that it looks like the girl is really outside and not on some planet she's on since you've add a lot of mystical stars.

Remove the wings on the scan's back. It doesn't blends well and it's kinda solid. Instead, use other different style for the wings. Like soft style, or draw it yourself.

The petals on the scan and the flowers in blue on the bg doesn't blends well. Try something else instead of those flowers. Example find the similar flowers the girl is carrying. Or much simpler, make the blue flowers to a bit blurry. It's much more realistic compare to the scan unless you add some effects on the flowers. Or, the hardest part of all, remove the petals on the scan and clean it from her hair (if you can do it...that is...).

And I think that's about it. I hope my message is not too complicated. And I hope this helps you to improve your skills.
    I look forward to the modified wall.
    Last edited by Key; 07-17-2007 at 11:10 PM.
    Me? I'm a wallpaper critique...

Minitokyo ll ComicFiesta ll KAMCAO

::
    Cosplay Plan::
    - Ise Nanao
    - Yubari Gogo

Closed Thread

Thread Information