AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com


User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 70

Thread: Worst anime bashing you've ever heard

  1. #1
    Member Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger's Avatar
    Gil
    1,100.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2007 09:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Thousand Sunny with Luffy
    Threads
    21
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Worst anime bashing you've ever heard

    The one thing I hate is an anime basher. An ignorant fool who decides to flame and rant on about a fandom his little mind can't comprehend. If you watch or have seen X-Play, you know how pathetic these people are. Have any of you experienced any kind of biased or downright stupid anime bashing?

  2. #2
    I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    3,720.00
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 03:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    I Live? That's a new one to me
    Age
    30
    Threads
    25
    Posts
    536
    Rep Power
    609
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: No Wii

    Default

    Roger, I love you, I love you so much, you come up with another AMAZING TOPIC - More Reps!

    Anywho continuing: I have heard SO many people Bash anime or bash a fad in general, that it has not been even funny, one of my favorite's happens to be the people whom don't understand it.

    I do my fair share of bashing: one of my least favorite fads is the type of person(Whom is into anime) who splices together both English and Japanese into one sentance.

    That's a pet peeve of mine, as for the worst bashing I'VE Recieved? Wow, Hmm.. I'd say most definately the argument of "Anime is Cartoons" I love that argument and I love that bashing, why? is because it proves to me that people have NO idea why we're into what we're into.

    We like what we like, obviously we don't ridicule others for what we like: I know many fans of things like..Hmm.. not picking on people, but Nascar - I wouldn't want to be there in front of a TV, watching cars go round, but I don't open my mouth about it. you like what you like, that's your own perogative.

    I love how people think they're an authority on things that they themveselve don't like, I had a conversation with a Buddy of mine a while back that went like this

    Him: Anime Sucks
    Me: Really?
    Him: Yup, completely sucks, anyone who watches it is a loser
    Me: You like Gundam wing don't you?
    Him: Yup
    Me: Gundam Wing is Anime, therefore by your own admission, you are a loser.

    I love when people make comments on things they know NOTHING about. - we like what we like. and to me, that's all that needs to be said, nobody has any right to bash us over it.

  3. #3
    Member Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger's Avatar
    Gil
    1,100.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2007 09:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Thousand Sunny with Luffy
    Threads
    21
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NovaStar View Post
    Roger, I love you, I love you so much, you come up with another AMAZING TOPIC - More Reps!

    Anywho continuing: I have heard SO many people Bash anime or bash a fad in general, that it has not been even funny, one of my favorite's happens to be the people whom don't understand it.

    I do my fair share of bashing: one of my least favorite fads is the type of person(Whom is into anime) who splices together both English and Japanese into one sentance.

    That's a pet peeve of mine, as for the worst bashing I'VE Recieved? Wow, Hmm.. I'd say most definately the argument of "Anime is Cartoons" I love that argument and I love that bashing, why? is because it proves to me that people have NO idea why we're into what we're into.

    We like what we like, obviously we don't ridicule others for what we like: I know many fans of things like..Hmm.. not picking on people, but Nascar - I wouldn't want to be there in front of a TV, watching cars go round, but I don't open my mouth about it. you like what you like, that's your own perogative.

    I love how people think they're an authority on things that they themveselve don't like, I had a conversation with a Buddy of mine a while back that went like this

    Him: Anime Sucks
    Me: Really?
    Him: Yup, completely sucks, anyone who watches it is a loser
    Me: You like Gundam wing don't you?
    Him: Yup
    Me: Gundam Wing is Anime, therefore by your own admission, you are a loser.

    I love when people make comments on things they know NOTHING about. - we like what we like. and to me, that's all that needs to be said, nobody has any right to bash us over it.
    Exactly, anime-bashers are complete idiots. These are the kind of people who claim to know so much about one subject but then, when they run into something they can't understand they insult it. They need to get it out of their heads that insulting another person does not make them smart.

  4. #4
    I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    3,720.00
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 03:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    I Live? That's a new one to me
    Age
    30
    Threads
    25
    Posts
    536
    Rep Power
    609
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: No Wii

    Default

    Couldn't Agree with you more. but not just with Anime bashing, Bashing in General is absoultely HORRIBLE. I've never liked it, I never will like it, it brings out the worst in human nature.

    On Another Note: I've responded to your PM

    NovaStar

  5. #5
    Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    45,712.10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 06:54 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Land of the Rising Sum - Philippines!
    Age
    33
    Threads
    11
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NovaStar View Post

    That's a pet peeve of mine, as for the worst bashing I'VE Recieved? Wow, Hmm.. I'd say most definately the argument of "Anime is Cartoons" I love that argument and I love that bashing, why? is because it proves to me that people have NO idea why we're into what we're into.
    By definition...

    cartoon

    car·toon [kaar tn]
    (plural car·toons)
    noun
    1. animated movie: a movie made using animation instead of live actors, especially a humorous film intended primarily for children
    2. sequence of drawings: a sequence of drawings that tell a short story, published in a newspaper or magazine
    3. satirical drawing: a humorous drawing published in a newspaper or magazine and commenting on a topical event or theme
    4. humorous drawing: a humorous drawing published in a newspaper or magazine, intended to entertain and often accompanied by a caption
    5. preparatory drawing: a drawing done, often in great detail, as a preliminary version of a painting or other work of art

    Microsoft® Encarta® 2006. © 1993-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    ...anime is cartoons, just insert the word "Japan" or "by Japanese" somewhere in there

    I've heard people bash so many anime, especially the ones in the mainstream. Although I agree with some of them, I don't like people who say "Naruto is s2pid" or "Pokemon sux". We differ in our preferences, what to anime to watch, what anime to read, etc. Just because a person knows what "Grave of the Fireflies" is, and has watched the Rurouni Kenshin OVA, does not give him or her the excuse to think for a minute that he or she is better than some other anime fan. Not everyone has access to many kinds of anime, and if a person has only watched Dragonball Z, just let him/her enjoy it for the moment.

    People bash anime either because they hate it, or because other people are bashing it. I don't recall having bashed any anime to a sad, pathetic pulp... even those I don't like, I just say I dislike them (as opposed to "I hate" them). I loathe only one anime (Ragnarok the Animation)... the rest, I just dislike for personal reasons.

    Not the worst anime bashing, but I don't like it when people say the original GitS "suxxorz and doesn't deserve all the praise". I tend to put older anime into categories of their own, since I know the conditions back then are different than they are now (i.e. we have better technology, more genres, open-minded audiences).

    <(".<) Woosh~

    (PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)



  6. #6
    I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    3,720.00
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 03:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    I Live? That's a new one to me
    Age
    30
    Threads
    25
    Posts
    536
    Rep Power
    609
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: No Wii

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyubichan View Post
    By definition...



    ...anime is cartoons, just insert the word "Japan" or "by Japanese" somewhere in there

    I've heard people bash so many anime, especially the ones in the mainstream. Although I agree with some of them, I don't like people who say "Naruto is s2pid" or "Pokemon sux". We differ in our preferences, what to anime to watch, what anime to read, etc. Just because a person knows what "Grave of the Fireflies" is, and has watched the Rurouni Kenshin OVA, does not give him or her the excuse to think for a minute that he or she is better than some other anime fan. Not everyone has access to many kinds of anime, and if a person has only watched Dragonball Z, just let him/her enjoy it for the moment.

    People bash anime either because they hate it, or because other people are bashing it. I don't recall having bashed any anime to a sad, pathetic pulp... even those I don't like, I just say I dislike them (as opposed to "I hate" them). I loathe only one anime (Ragnarok the Animation)... the rest, I just dislike for personal reasons.

    Not the worst anime bashing, but I don't like it when people say the original GitS "suxxorz and doesn't deserve all the praise". I tend to put older anime into categories of their own, since I know the conditions back then are different than they are now (i.e. we have better technology, more genres, open-minded audiences).

    <(".<) Woosh~
    I suppose you're right:

    What I meant by Cartoon is they figure it's something like oh.. I Dunno.. Dora The Explorer, that we watch, the people I know treat Anime watchers(or maybe just me) Like a kid whom has no taste at all.

    Secondly: I'll agree with you on the Bashing of Mainstream Shows.to defend a point though: I think the only time people bash those types of fan's is when they go on that it is the greatest thing in the world, and haven't seen enough to form a proper opinion.

    If you watched a Ton? and still think DBZ Is the best Anime out there? more power to you. - I think Anime fans in general are great, Some of them ask for the bashing though, just by the way they act.

    People may not have the opertunity to see new stuff: and if they don't, that's understandable: No lie here: a year ago, I was that kid watching Dragon Ball Z wondering "Is my favorite character going to die?" so I'm glad we have those types of fans. If it were up to me, they'd have the opertunity to see alot more(Alas I don't have a billion dollars in my pocket, or I woulda started up a TV Station Long Ago )

    Anime Fans Are Awesome. Period Regardless of what shows they like.

    Edit: Older Anime Titles(Like The Miyazaki Films, Ghost In The Shell(The Original) Ninja Scroll(The Original) and other things like that(Which are as old as time) Have a Special Place in my heart, they always will. it makes me think "Wow, This is where things Started , I am so greatful for the people who made These"
    Last edited by NovaStar; 03-10-2007 at 08:56 PM. Reason: I thought of something I wanted to add in and Didn't wanna double post.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo's Avatar
    Gil
    2,440.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2007 12:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    33
    Threads
    5
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyubichan View Post
    cartoon

    car&#183;toon [kaar tn]
    (plural car&#183;toons)
    noun
    1. animated movie: a movie made using animation instead of live actors, especially a humorous film intended primarily for children
    2. sequence of drawings: a sequence of drawings that tell a short story, published in a newspaper or magazine
    3. satirical drawing: a humorous drawing published in a newspaper or magazine and commenting on a topical event or theme
    4. humorous drawing: a humorous drawing published in a newspaper or magazine, intended to entertain and often accompanied by a caption
    5. preparatory drawing: a drawing done, often in great detail, as a preliminary version of a painting or other work of art

    Microsoft&#174; Encarta&#174; 2006. &#169; 1993-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    <(".<) Woosh~
    Slight flaw in your argument, the "primarily for children" part. I can in no way see Fullmetal Alchemist, Elfen Lied, Ghost in the Shell, Hellsing, InuYasha, Chobits, and a few other choice animes being for children.
    Those that I have listed do have humorous moments but they are not humorous from start to finish.
    Short? The shortest of the bunch is Elfen Lied and Hellsing and those are 13 eps each, Elfen Lied even has a special 14th ep.
    And they certainly aren't preparatory drawings.

    So they aren't cartoons. I believe the best term would be "Animated Drama".
    Last edited by Archangel Apollo; 03-10-2007 at 09:06 PM.




  8. #8
    I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    3,720.00
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 03:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    I Live? That's a new one to me
    Age
    30
    Threads
    25
    Posts
    536
    Rep Power
    609
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: No Wii

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Apollo View Post
    Slight flaw in your argument, the "primarily for children" part. I can in no way see Fullmetal Alchemist, Elfen Lied, Ghost in the Shell, Hellsing, InuYasha, Chobits, and a few other choice animes being for children.
    Those that I have listed do have humorous moments but they are not humorous from start to finish.
    Short? The shortest of the bunch is Elfen Lied and Hellsing and those are 13 eps each, Elfen Lied even has a special 14th ep.
    And they certainly aren't preparatory drawings.

    So they aren't cartoons. I believe the best term would be "Animated Drama".
    You bring up a very good point: I wouldn't want my six year old kid seeing Lucy chop someone to bits, that's for sure!

    Oh! and I forgot, She's Naked xD i really really want to explain to my six year old "Why Lucy doesn't have the same parts as he does" xD that'd be fun xD
    Last edited by NovaStar; 03-10-2007 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Oops, forgot one small detail

  9. #9
    Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    77,827.33
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 05:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    29
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,488
    Blog Entries
    219
    AW Wallpapers
    12
    Rep Power
    2836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold_Roger View Post
    The one thing I hate is an anime basher. An ignorant fool who decides to flame and rant on about a fandom his little mind can't comprehend. If you watch or have seen X-Play, you know how pathetic these people are. Have any of you experienced any kind of biased or downright stupid anime bashing?
    Hey, guess what i'm going to do now.
    I'm going to bash anime, here on an anime forum, because YOU sir are just as close minded as those who bash said anime.
    --------------------------------------------

    The fact of the matter is that a majority of anime is Horrid crap. Now I won't leave it at that, I like to give reasons on this subject. Oh, and before you say I don't understand or comprehend anime, don't. For most of my highschool career I was a close minded Japanophile JUST like you.

    I don't want to go into anything...Lengthy, so i'll rattle this off as quickly as possible.

    Anime characters are unrealistic looking. Grant it, I wouldn't mind, but too many anime fans claim that anime/manga characters are realistic compaired to other forums of animation across the globe. I call shenanigans on this.
    A majority of anime characters have unrealistic body and facial proportions. Large eyes, small mouths, many are missing many if not all facial muscles, which is understandable as many don't even posses a properly shaped head. To call it realistic is a sin of art. Especially when people say American's can't draw realism... it urks me.

    Next, the quality of animation.

    Many anime series reuse frames, or segments of frames over and over. Examples include
    -Many Magical Girl anime series such as Sailor Moon tend to constantly reuse the SAME exact frames of animation every time each sailor scout transforms.
    -In many anime series, The same frames are used during fight scenes. One that popped into my head, Go watch Neji and Hinata's fight in the chunnin exams in Naruto. Neji does a series of attacks, all of which hinata either dodges or deflects. It flashes to a few characters, then when it flashes back to the fight, those frames of neji and hinata repeat themselves.
    -Many scenes in anime just reuse the same 2-3 frames over and over in general, and just disguise them with many flashing lights and bright colors.

    Not every anime series contains these terrible animation practices, but a large amount do (what do you excpet from a massed produced animation style?)
    ---------
    Now, lets talk about stories.

    There are a few gems in anime, gems that have great stories an animation, like cowboy bebop, GUNNM, Full Metal Alchemist, and Battle Royale just to name a few.

    However, most anime have long, bland, unoriginal storylines. No matter what episode of Inuyasha you watch, you know from the start that he'll be fighting a demon with, or a demon who wants to steal a jewl shard.
    When you watch an episode of DBZ, you'll know the Z fighters are going to fight a badguy for 10 episodes, or train before the episodes opening themsong even begins.
    When you watch an episode of well...Practically anime romantic comedy anime, you know that the main character (Who is almost always male) will end up getting in some kind of perverted and/or compromising possion that will push the girl he loves away from him. Most of these anime series also involve 1 male character, normally a teenager, living with a harem of girls, an older but still attractive woman to serve as den mother, and an old man.

    The shame is, many anime series are like this. If you've seen the first 3 episodes of an anime, and the subject manner is pretty much the same every time, you can count on it always being the same. Just skip to the last episode so you can see how it ends.

    -----------
    Now, the FINAL thing that pisses me off about anime, the thing that I can't overlook.

    The fanbase. People like you who constantly whine and moan when people don't understand why you like anime.

    And lets not forget other favorites.

    People who flip out or get angry when someone calls Anime a cartoon, or a manga a comic book.
    People who thing Japan is the freakin' promised land because it has ANIMU.
    People who get angry when people badmouth Japanese animation and comics, but turn around and mock the animation and comics from America.

    I could continue, but i'm getting bored now.

    Believe me, I don't mind anime, I still enjoy a few, and I grew up with it. But really, it's the anime fandom that pisses me off more so than the actual art style. The fandom in general is what turned me away from most anime series, that, and I outgrew it.

    You just have to realize, anime is not special, they're just animated series. You have to accept that sucky anime series exist. It's a form of animation. People who argue and bicker about anime are even worse than the comic fans who argue over DC and Marvel.
    Hell, you could go into Japan and say Anime sucks. People in japan even make FUN of otaku's.
    Welcome to the real world, people are diffrent.

    So they aren't cartoons. I believe the best term would be "Animated Drama".
    Or we could just call it Animated.
    Last edited by Regex; 03-10-2007 at 11:18 PM.

  10. #10
    Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    11,850,190.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 01:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Threads
    37
    Posts
    2,723
    Rep Power
    4481

    Default

    Allow me.
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaStar View Post
    But quite frankly, you were being a complete JERK that whole post, you came in, flamed everything we talked about while trying to defend your reasonings for it by showing what you believe.
    It wasn't exactly bashing him. It was pointing out how closed minded he was being. Pointing out the flaws with anime should not be so offensive to you at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by NovaStar View Post
    Calling him a Japanophile? that's a low blow, he's an Anime Fan, just like you or I.
    Not exactly. The original poster did basically say that anyone who bashes something he likes is wrong and closed minded, which is a very closed minded view on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by NovaStar View Post
    As for my comment? I don't flip, I just consider them two different styles of art. It'll be pointless arguing with you though because using your attitude you came in with as an example? it'll be like talking to a wall.
    That's also very closed minded of you. I know that there are some anime that Deadpool DOES like. This thread was about bashing anime though, so he didn't bring those ones up. the point of his post was to bring up all the things that are legitimately bad about anime.


    Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!


    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

    You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

  11. #11
    I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    3,720.00
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 03:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    I Live? That's a new one to me
    Age
    30
    Threads
    25
    Posts
    536
    Rep Power
    609
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: No Wii

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regex View Post
    Allow me.
    It wasn't exactly bashing him. It was pointing out how closed minded he was being. Pointing out the flaws with anime should not be so offensive to you at all.

    Not exactly. The original poster did basically say that anyone who bashes something he likes is wrong and closed minded, which is a very closed minded view on it.

    That's also very closed minded of you. I know that there are some anime that Deadpool DOES like. This thread was about bashing anime though, so he didn't bring those ones up. the point of his post was to bring up all the things that are legitimately bad about anime.
    I don't consider myself to be Closed Minded - Allow me to defend myself here.

    I know that people whom are angry at people whom bash what they like usually post something on it, Roger did, Which is why I said in my post "Regardless of what somoene likes, I rarely open my mouth on it"

    In My eyes: That wasn't the purpose of the post at all: The Post in my eyes was to hear what OTHER people had to say about Anime that they've said to you(Which is why I posted my snippit with my friend) I could be wrong though.

    Anime is by no means perfect, I don't consider myself a Japanophile, at all, I'm a closed combat fighting fan as well for example: I have many interests.

    In any case, I certainly didn't mean to be Closed Minded, So I hope you don't think of me as so.

    Also: Deadpool: I did not mean to come at you like that, So I apologize.
    Last edited by NovaStar; 03-10-2007 at 11:32 PM. Reason: I felt I had to add Something to Deadpool in.

  12. #12
    Senior Member BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619's Avatar
    Gil
    9,940.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2008 12:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    California
    Threads
    8
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Worst anime bashing you've ever heard

    I don't know, I don't let the basher pull me down,
    they could bash what I like, I'm not
    going to care, because that's there opinion.
    I won't hate on the anime they like.
    Hate on what I like, it doesn't affect
    me one bit. Hating on what I like seems
    comical, because I totally agreed that
    what I watch is not good, but I watch
    it anyway. You could put me in front
    of the stupidest show, but I would
    still watch it. If it's entertaining, then
    it doesn't matter if is stupid. Hate doesn't
    do any good, what it does is make you look
    like an immature child, that throws tantrum.
    Let's all make nice, and respect others opinion.
    Last edited by BSSM619; 04-22-2007 at 02:37 AM.

  13. #13
    Member Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger is a glorious beacon of light Gold_Roger's Avatar
    Gil
    1,100.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2007 09:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Thousand Sunny with Luffy
    Threads
    21
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Well friend, I for one am impressed. You sir, will be the perfect example of what I'm talking about. Let's see here...

    [quote=-Deadpool-;1617678]Hey, guess what i'm going to do now.
    I'm going to bash anime, here on an anime forum, because YOU sir are just as close minded as those who bash said anime.

    I've waited for this. What makes me closeminded? All I said was I don't like people insulting something I happen to like.
    --------------------------------------------

    The fact of the matter is that a majority of anime is Horrid crap. Now I won't leave it at that, I like to give reasons on this subject. Oh, and before you say I don't understand or comprehend anime, don't. For most of my highschool career I was a close minded Japanophile JUST like you.

    I enjoy anime as a hobby, dear. There is nothing wrong with liking a different culture. In fact, everyone should be this way. Also, high school is two separate words.

    I don't want to go into anything...Lengthy, so i'll rattle this off as quickly as possible.

    This is like seven paragraghs! There's nothing quick here at all. You're just a rambling idiot.

    Anime characters are unrealistic looking. Grant it, I wouldn't mind, but too many anime fans claim that anime/manga characters are realistic compaired to other forums of animation across the globe. I call shenanigans on this.
    A majority of anime characters have unrealistic body and facial proportions. Large eyes, small mouths, many are missing many if not all facial muscles, which is understandable as many don't even posses a properly shaped head. To call it realistic is a sin of art. Especially when people say American's can't draw realism... it urks me.

    Cartoons are caricatures of real people and real animals or whatever. If it's drawn in pencil or ink, it a caricature.

    Next, the quality of animation.

    Many anime series reuse frames, or segments of frames over and over. Examples include
    -Many Magical Girl anime series such as Sailor Moon tend to constantly reuse the SAME exact frames of animation every time each sailor scout transforms.
    -In many anime series, The same frames are used during fight scenes. One that popped into my head, Go watch Neji and Hinata's fight in the chunnin exams in Naruto. Neji does a series of attacks, all of which hinata either dodges or deflects. It flashes to a few characters, then when it flashes back to the fight, those frames of neji and hinata repeat themselves.
    -Many scenes in anime just reuse the same 2-3 frames over and over in general, and just disguise them with many flashing lights and bright colors.

    Not every anime series contains these terrible animation practices, but a large amount do (what do you excpet from a massed produced animation style?)

    I'll give you this part, I guess. But if you noticed this sort of thing, you clearly looked for it.
    ---------
    Now, lets talk about stories.

    There are a few gems in anime, gems that have great stories an animation, like cowboy bebop, GUNNM, Full Metal Alchemist, and Battle Royale just to name a few.

    However, most anime have long, bland, unoriginal storylines. No matter what episode of Inuyasha you watch, you know from the start that he'll be fighting a demon with, or a demon who wants to steal a jewl shard.
    When you watch an episode of DBZ, you'll know the Z fighters are going to fight a badguy for 10 episodes, or train before the episodes opening themsong even begins.
    When you watch an episode of well...Practically anime romantic comedy anime, you know that the main character (Who is almost always male) will end up getting in some kind of perverted and/or compromising possion that will push the girl he loves away from him. Most of these anime series also involve 1 male character, normally a teenager, living with a harem of girls, an older but still attractive woman to serve as den mother, and an old man.

    The shame is, many anime series are like this. If you've seen the first 3 episodes of an anime, and the subject manner is pretty much the same every time, you can count on it always being the same. Just skip to the last episode so you can see how it ends.

    Plotline quality is a matter of opinion. It's also a matter of personal taste. These different genres are here to cater to everyone's interest. Some plots interest people. Some don't. Anything is like this. Books, movies....

    -----------
    Now, the FINAL thing that pisses me off about anime, the thing that I can't overlook.

    The fanbase. People like you who constantly whine and moan when people don't understand why you like anime.

    I don't whine. You're the one whining.

    And lets not forget other favorites.

    People who flip out or get angry when someone calls Anime a cartoon, or a manga a comic book.
    People who thing Japan is the freakin' promised land because it has ANIMU.
    People who get angry when people badmouth Japanese animation and comics, but turn around and mock the animation and comics from America.

    Non-anime fans do this, too. In fact, there are fanatics in EVERY fandom. Whether it be celebrities, sports, politics, religion, the list goes on. Also, I never said anime was better than anything or that Japan is the "promise land". All I want is to know what kind of narrowminded, misconceptions exist.

    I could continue, but i'm getting bored now.

    So am I. It's late and you're dull.

    Believe me, I don't mind anime, I still enjoy a few, and I grew up with it. But really, it's the anime fandom that pisses me off more so than the actual art style. The fandom in general is what turned me away from most anime series, that, and I outgrew it.

    If you enjoy a few, you haven't "outgrown" it. You're more immature than anyone here and I have heard some idiots.

    You just have to realize, anime is not special, they're just animated series. You have to accept that sucky anime series exist. It's a form of animation. People who argue and bicker about anime are even worse than the comic fans who argue over DC and Marvel.

    There is a topic that asks what anime you dislike. I posted there. Do some research.

    Hell, you could go into Japan and say Anime sucks. People in japan even make FUN of otaku's.
    Welcome to the real world, people are diffrent.

    There are people in the United States who openly say they dislike some from their native land. I never said that. Don't put words in my mouth.

    I noticed how high your reputation is. If you stay on an anime forum long enough to get those stats, you clearly half believe all of this.

    One last thing, reply if you must but this is the last time I will acknowledge you. I won't waste time being in a flame war with you and get my thread locked.
    Last edited by Gold_Roger; 03-11-2007 at 12:05 AM.

  14. #14
    Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    77,827.33
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 05:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    29
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,488
    Blog Entries
    219
    AW Wallpapers
    12
    Rep Power
    2836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold_Roger View Post
    Well friend, I for one am impressed. You sir, will be the perfect example of what I'm talking about. Let's see here...
    Welcome to another exciting episode of biting off more than you can chew.

    I've waited for this. What makes me closeminded? All I said was I don't like people insulting something I happen to like.
    No, you went further than that.

    An ignorant fool who decides to flame and rant on about a fandom his little mind can't comprehend
    You made it seem like anyone who flames anime is an imcompitent bafoon who can't understand the complexity of anime. Honestly, if you left that part out, I wouldn't even have replied with my original post.

    I enjoy anime as a hobby, dear. There is nothing wrong with liking a different culture. In fact, everyone should be this way. Also, high school is two separate words.
    gO bak 2 ur gramar nazi camp.
    Now.
    I could care less if you enjoy anime as a hobby, and you assume I don't like a diffrent culture.
    Guess what, ANIME IS NOT JAPANESE CULTURE. Anime is as important to Japanese culture as a gun is to a Jedi Knight. I actually ENJOY Japanese culture, I can get a several members on this forum to attest to that.

    This is like seven paragraghs! There's nothing quick here at all. You're just a rambling idiot.
    Since when is 7 paragraphs lengthy? Thats a standard, minimum requirement for most highschool(LAWL I MADE IT ONE WORD) essasys.

    Cartoons are caricatures of real people and real animals or whatever. If it's drawn in pencil or ink, it a caricature.

    That still doesn't change the fact that anime has terrible proportions most of the time. And there have been many animated features and MANY comic books with realistic body proportions.

    I'll give you this part, I guess. But if you noticed this sort of thing, you clearly looked for it.
    Didn't you read what I said in my first post? I used to obsess over anime. I didn't have to look for anything, it was just THERE. And most people can point these things out if they watch anime.

    Plotline quality is a matter of opinion. It's also a matter of personal taste. These different genres are here to cater to everyone's interest. Some plots interest people. Some don't. Anything is like this. Books, movies....
    Diffrent tastes? Perhaps. But there is also such a thing as poor taste.

    I don't whine. You're the one whining.
    Whining? No. I'm trying to prove a damned point. I chose to do so in the form of a rant. A rant which YOU responded to, thus further proving my point. You can't back away and just leave it be, you NEED to stick up for anime. You can't just let it be and move on.
    And i'm sorry, I didn't know the entire anime fanbase could be represented by one person (You). You don't count for the entire anime fandom, and I've been on this forum long enough to see more than enough people act the way I described.

    Non-anime fans do this, too. In fact, there are fanatics in EVERY fandom. Whether it be celebrities, sports, politics, religion, the list goes on.
    And this is of course, obvious, yet again. Thank you. However, I never see many other fandoms react towards things the way average anime fans do. The only thing that comes close are die hard gamers bickering every 7-8 years over new game systems, and comic fans who bicker about how much special events like civil war suck.

    Also, I never said anime was better than anything or that Japan is the "promise land". All I want is to know what kind of narrowminded, misconceptions exist.
    Again, I apologize. I didn't know you represented the entire anime fandom.

    So am I. It's late and you're dull.
    And yet here you are!

    If you enjoy a few, you haven't "outgrown" it. You're more immature than anyone here and I have heard some idiots.
    I have outgrown it. I don't watch as much as I have in the past, as a matter of fact, I only watch the occasional re-runs on TV. The ones I enjoy are long dead in the eyes of fans.

    There is a topic that asks what anime you dislike. I posted there. Do some research.
    You claim I'M idiotic. You expect me to do research on individual forum members every time I adress them in a topic? Get bent.

    I noticed how high your reputation is. If you stay on an anime forum long enough to get those stats, you clearly half believe all of this.
    Are you dense? Do I have to drill it into your skull?

    I USED TO WATCH A L O T O F A N I M E
    I joined this forum towards the end of my obsessive anime phase. So, since i'm not much of an anime fan anymore, I can't still post here? Get bent.
    I have friends here, and there are OTHER forums than the anime based ones, which I rarly post in anyway. Most of my posting is done in Misc. and Video Games. I occasionally post in Feudal, and then I'll post in general anime when a topic that catches my eye pops up.

    One last thing, reply if you must but this is the last time I will acknowledge you. I won't waste time being in a flame war with you and get my thread locked.
    I hope so, Honestly, I do. I've heard so many people say that, none of them have actually meant it.

  15. #15
    I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    3,720.00
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 03:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    I Live? That's a new one to me
    Age
    30
    Threads
    25
    Posts
    536
    Rep Power
    609
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: No Wii

    Default

    Oi. Being of completely sound mind(and Apologizing to dead pool?) I'll ask you to both stop, It's ruining a good thread - Arguments solve nothing - which is why I deleted my post, responded reported and got a suitable answer.

    There's no need for this (In my eyes) Can we all just Drop it (Or can you two at least take it to PM? so the thread can move on please?) Because if it's not dropped, both of you will tear each other appart in a meaningless flamewar. (I'm not saying I didn't get involved, but I was smart enough to pull my post out of the war when I did).

    My Final Thoughts:

    Deadpool: It's cool you're not as Into Anime as you used to be, I get that, sometimes people leave phases(or I don't know if it was a Phase for you) You still like some titles, and I believe that you're still an Anime fan, regardless of the condition of the Industry or it's fans, you are a fan, no matter how little of one you are: Which gives you the right to post here.

    Gold Roger: You and I are friends(or at least I think we are) My Advice is when you make a thread like this, Expect a war, Subs Versus Dubs had a war too(of which I am an active participant in the thread with over 11 posts) But it seems to me, that at the rate you two are going, this will become more than about Anime, I can sense the immediate flame war building up, And Regardless of who's right or who's wrong here? (of which I don't think their is one right and one wrong because both of you make sense to a point) I think it'll only get worse f you two keep going.

    You Both Obviously have very different opinions That's cool, but enough with the back and forth flaming?


    Nova
    Last edited by NovaStar; 03-11-2007 at 01:29 AM. Reason: I forgot to explain my reason for why I said what I said

  16. #16
    LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    280.30
    Gender
    My Mood
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 11:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    somwhere in Cali
    Age
    30
    Threads
    266
    Posts
    6,089
    Blog Entries
    450
    Rep Power
    9083
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Deadpool- View Post
    Anime characters are unrealistic looking. Grant it, I wouldn't mind, but too many anime fans claim that anime/manga characters are realistic compaired to other forums of animation across the globe. I call shenanigans on this.
    A majority of anime characters have unrealistic body and facial proportions. Large eyes, small mouths, many are missing many if not all facial muscles, which is understandable as many don't even posses a properly shaped head. To call it realistic is a sin of art. Especially when people say American's can't draw realism... it urks me.
    Yeah, I should have known you would have said that, considering how big of a comic book fan you are. They always go into such detail in the face, I personally think it makes them slightly ugly. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by -Deadpool-
    Now, lets talk about stories.

    The shame is, many anime series are like this. If you've seen the first 3 episodes of an anime, and the subject manner is pretty much the same every time, you can count on it always being the same. Just skip to the last episode so you can see how it ends.

    -----------
    Now, the FINAL thing that pisses me off about anime, the thing that I can't overlook.

    The fanbase. People like you who constantly whine and moan when people don't understand why you like anime.

    And lets not forget other favorites.

    People who flip out or get angry when someone calls Anime a cartoon, or a manga a comic book.
    People who thing Japan is the freakin' promised land because it has ANIMU.
    People who get angry when people badmouth Japanese animation and comics, but turn around and mock the animation and comics from America.
    I could say quite a few of those things about comic books too you know. Superhero with either superpowers or connections that make him able to do things others can't will get into a confrontation of some kind, occasionally when his identity will be in danger of being outed, but somehow he will get out of it, absolutely AMAZINGLY! And the fanbase? Well....I tend to shy away from comic book collectors.

    Edit: lol Wow. Hey, I was just throwing in my 2 cents, I'm not looking for a flame war. ^^;;
    Last edited by Capernicus; 03-11-2007 at 01:29 AM.


    Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.


  17. #17
    Mother of Uru's 5 Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread's Avatar
    Gil
    15.21
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2012 06:03 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wonderland.
    Age
    27
    Threads
    19
    Posts
    521
    Rep Power
    1109
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Sunshinegasm Steam ID: trustedoctopus

    Default

    The worst anime bashing I have heard was the FF haters. o.o; I am not a FF fan myself, but I don't bash it at least.

    Sebastian is my new waifu. >w<!!

    Chronic WoW Player. ♥

  18. #18
    Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    77,827.33
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 05:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    29
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,488
    Blog Entries
    219
    AW Wallpapers
    12
    Rep Power
    2836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    Yeah, I should have known you would have said that, considering how big of a comic book fan you are. They always go into such detail in the face, I personally think it makes them slightly ugly. lol

    I could say quite a few of those things about comic books too you know. Superhero with either superpowers or connections that make him able to do things others can't will get into a confrontation of some kind, occasionally when his identity will be in danger of being outed, but somehow he will get out of it, absolutely AMAZINGLY! And the fanbase? Well....I tend to shy away from comic book collectors.
    And in all honesty, i'm not offended, mostly because it doesn't bother me that much. Hell, I can point out a dozen and one comic book flaws right now if you want. As for faces, I like all of the details in character faces because it makes them look human, and it makes the stories more believable, as unbelievable as they are. But hell, I hate the way some of artists in american comics draw faces, so I can see where you're coming from.

    As for the fan base, all we do is ***** about how certain things suck, such as special events, artists who draw the same face on every female (looking at YOU bendis) and people who draw small waistlines (Hello Liefield). That, and we contemplate hundreds of vs matches and try to debunk things. Our fanbase pretty much sucks, and we all hate eachother, even when opinions match up.

    Oh, two things.
    -A lot of super heroes identities get exposed. Even spider-mans identity is public knowledge.
    - There are several comic book series that aren't focused on super heroes. Army of darkness as an example.
    -_^

    Oi. Being of completely sound mind(and Apologizing to dead pool?) I'll ask you to both stop, It's ruining a good thread - Arguments solve nothing - which is why I deleted my post, responded reported and got a suitable answer.
    You...Haven't been here very long, have you? Most threads like this tend to get locked because they either turn into a flame war (see above) or they turn into a spam fest after two pages.
    As for arguments, they do solve things. At least for me. I enjoy it, to the forum veterans, that's general knowledge. I also don't care if I make an *** out of myself in the process. I honestly don't get to worked up, in another day or two i'll probably forget about this topic unless something new comes up that catches my interest.

    The worst anime bashing I have heard was the FF haters. o.o; I am not a FF fan myself, but I don't bash it at least.
    Well helwo thar =3

  19. #19
    LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    280.30
    Gender
    My Mood
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 11:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    somwhere in Cali
    Age
    30
    Threads
    266
    Posts
    6,089
    Blog Entries
    450
    Rep Power
    9083
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Deadpool- View Post
    - There are several comic book series that aren't focused on super heroes. Army of darkness as an example.
    -_^
    *le gasp* There is a comic for that? That movie rawked. Or...are they different? XD


    Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.


  20. #20
    Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    77,827.33
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 05:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    29
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,488
    Blog Entries
    219
    AW Wallpapers
    12
    Rep Power
    2836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    *le gasp* There is a comic for that? That movie rawked. Or...are they different? XD
    Yeah

    http://media.comics.ign.com/media/74...g_4284699.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_Darkness#Comics
    It's actually been a long running series over the years, still running actually.


    There's also been a number of movies. Evil Dead, Army of Darkness...And I think one more
    Last edited by -Batman-; 03-11-2007 at 03:03 AM.

  21. #21
    LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    280.30
    Gender
    My Mood
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 11:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    somwhere in Cali
    Age
    30
    Threads
    266
    Posts
    6,089
    Blog Entries
    450
    Rep Power
    9083
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

    Default

    Evil Dead II. That movie was teh hilariouz. =3 *sooo gonna get in trouble for spamming*


    Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.


  22. #22
    AF's Hopeless Romantic Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki's Avatar
    Gil
    36,768.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 10:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    in the Heart of the lady destined for me.
    Age
    31
    Threads
    2
    Posts
    1,783
    Rep Power
    115

    Default

    One of my close friends and I bicker about this quite often, and it's pretty funny when he bashes the animes I enjoy. He has a very long and convincing ramble about how bad Bleach is. The key phrase in his argument is:

    "Why do they call it Bleach?"
    "Because the story and characters are so bland and uninspiring, just like normal white boring bleach."

    I really don't do him justice though, and I'm not quite sure if that's his exact phrasing but it's a pretty convincing argument haha. I still watch/read/am a fan of Bleach though despite his remarks.

    Basically through the years I've learned to just allow people to bash anime if they want to. It doesn't really bother me because that's just their PoV in the world.

    Deadpool brought up numerous amounts of cons to anime and I agree with most of what he had to say. I've attended a good handful of anime conventions and have a good amount of anime fans that are scarier than me when it comes to talking about their favorite series, and we all exhibit the same type of behaviour. I'm sure that being a fan for quite some time now has de-synthetized me to all the craziness that is AnimeExpo and cosplayers don't scare me anymore(takes a lot of guts to wear some of the stuff you see) and "anime bashing" goes hand in hand with that.

    If you really love and enjoy something then accept the fact that people will poke fun at it from time to time but it's not going to stop you in anyway from continuing what you love. It shouldn't bother you as well because as far as you're concerned they just don't share the same feelings towards that "something" as you do(awkward wording but too lazy to check the grammer).

    My best friend isn't into anime, but when we carpool together I crank up anime opening and ending songs that I force him to listen to and in return listen to his music when I'm in his car even though some of it annoys me ^^. My favorite manga(not the anime, it was a disappointment imo) is Love Hina even though most people think it's cookie cutter and the story is predictable. I enjoy the art style of the characters as well as the progression of the story even though I KNEW Keitaro was going to end up with Naru(I hope no one gets angry at me for spoiling a near obvious fact if so sorry haha).

    So in conclusion:

    Anime bashing is a reality and the only way to really cope with it is to just accept it and move on, it's not going to make you stop watching anime obviously and snapping back at the basher would just add fuel to the fire. I suppose a lot of bashing occurs in High School(I was a "victim" haha) but once you start college not a lot of people care. I've pulled out manga and NewType once and a while during class and some people actually tell me "Oh that's pretty cool" or "That looks interesting what's it about?" so to those of you getting bashed in High School just rough it out until you get to college. This is based on my own personal experience though, but honestly I think a lot less people "bash" when they get older they are more curious.

    On a Sidenote:

    Hey Deadpool, when you discussed about everyone knowing Spider-Man's identity did you refer to the EarthX mini-series?
    I just got into Ultimate Spider-man and I've read a good handful of the Amazing series back in the day when I was really young but just wondering if that's what you were talking about back in your previous post.

    That friend I mentioned in the beginning of my post is a avid Comic Fan and introduced me to some series that now require me to sit at Borders and stare at the Graphic Novel Section until I find everything they have on it, then sitting down and reading it all.

    Alright, hopefully all of you won't pick apart my post too much ^^; but feel free too if you so choose.
    Last edited by Tenchi Masaki; 03-11-2007 at 07:48 AM.




    People that I think are awesome aka ones I admire and the ones that think I'm a nice guy:
    ~ Celessa Avalon ~ Raye Hino Tora_no_Umei Nyanko Tears

  23. #23
    Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    45,712.10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 06:54 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Land of the Rising Sum - Philippines!
    Age
    33
    Threads
    11
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    70

    Default

    One of my close friends and I bicker about this quite often, and it's pretty funny when he bashes the animes I enjoy. He has a very long and convincing ramble about how bad Bleach is. The key phrase in his argument is:

    "Why do they call it Bleach?"
    "Because the story and characters are so bland and uninspiring, just like normal white boring bleach."

    I really don't do him justice though, and I'm not quite sure if that's his exact phrasing but it's a pretty convincing argument haha. I still watch/read/am a fan of Bleach though despite his remarks.
    *Gasp* How dare he/she/it hate on BLEACH? LOL XD [/sarcasm]

    See~ no matter what we like, there's someone who will dislike it.


    @capernicus

    OT: But...your siggy's character is a doggy... <.<

    (PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)



  24. #24
    Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    15,196.52
    Gender
    Gifts Cancer IPhone Ramen
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2016 10:01 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
    Age
    33
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    1,417
    Rep Power
    335

    Default

    Adam and Morgan from X-Play bash almost everything for the sake of humor. Just like Matt and Trey, the creators of South Park. I know Morgan is really an anime fan and like Ghost in the Shell.

    Usually the bashing I hear that it's only for kids because it's animated (and I bet they watch Family Guy and/or The Simpsons), or it's porn and other mumbo jumbo like that. Or you don't have a life (and I've had that come from World of Warcraft players), etc.

    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

  25. #25
    I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    3,720.00
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 03:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    I Live? That's a new one to me
    Age
    30
    Threads
    25
    Posts
    536
    Rep Power
    609
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: No Wii

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo View Post
    Adam and Morgan from X-Play bash almost everything for the sake of humor. Just like Matt and Trey, the creators of South Park. I know Morgan is really an anime fan and like Ghost in the Shell.

    Usually the bashing I hear that it's only for kids because it's animated (and I bet they watch Family Guy and/or The Simpsons), or it's porn and other mumbo jumbo like that. Or you don't have a life (and I've had that come from World of Warcraft players), etc.
    Regardless of what the topic is and no matter who you're going to find to speak on it there will always be some bashers in the world, Read my article.

    I bash the Hell out of 4Kids for what they do to most shows(I think that's what you mean by Kiddy Shows) but honestly, I think that regardless of topic, you'll find at least one person no matter where you are, whom likes to bash that topic

    It's a fact of human nature.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Collect anime related stuff
    By Havana in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 10:26 PM
  2. Favourite Decade in Anime
    By SGI in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 03:31 PM
  3. Anime Vs Manga
    By [BlackDeath] in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 09:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts