AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: contest winners!!

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default contest winners!!

Thanks to everyone that voted! The contest winners are...

For "why can't we be friends":
    1st: Thornwillow and Dawnrune
    runners up: Mystic and Gan, MistressPooky and Ch33zy

For the December contest:
    1st: Thornwillow
    runner up: Buhbibutterfly

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBlue's choice awards:
    First: Snow Fairy - Buhbibutterfly
    http://www.animeforum.com/attachment...6&d=1166952247
    Personally, I think the colors are just perfect here. The hues match together perfectly, and the white and blue give a feeling of icyness, like a mixture of ice and snow. Wonderful source image choice, the accessories in her hair and her dress give off a wintery feeling the way they look like ice crystals. The mixture of blue and white in the background make it seem like a burst of snow and ice as the "flower" opens to reveal the snow fairy. I really love the wings, especially how the feathers are like little ice crystals themselves. You did a great job of putting the lighting and shadows on them to give the wings some depth. The large snowflakes are a nice little touch, but could be a bit more random. I find the text a little too large and slightly distracting, but it's not too bad. Overall I think this is would be my favourite one.

Second: Frozen Beneath Winter's Solstice - Thornwillow
    http://www.animeforum.com/attachment...9&d=1167613892
    I like the color scheme, it works together nicely. The background color matches her eyes and hair nicely, and the white matches her wings and the snow. The background image is well integrated to look like a snowy day. Love the fonts, and the text doesn't distract from the overall wallpaper. On the off hand, the snow could use a bit of work. It's random enough, but the edges are a bit too sharp for my liking, it makes it seem more like shards of ice are flying around(although yes I know snow is ice) and at some points it sort of looks like someone walked by with a white paintbrush and splattered white paint onto the picture. The extraction is decent, but could use some work on the hair. Also, the flowers seem kind of odd for the winter season. Other than that, great job ^^ A very close second in my book.

congrats to everyone!! If you want a banner, let me know. Thank you for making the last contests on the AW.com forum memorable. I hope that you all join us in the Dazzle Us forums where I will continuing to tempt you with contest goodness.
    Last edited by MistressPookyChan; 01-13-2007 at 07:44 AM.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Serie~Blue Eternity EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2009 09:31 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Well, I haven't had much time to do anything, but I thought I'd make a banner for my selections It's not much, but I hope you'll accept it ^^
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Let It Snow Banner.jpg‎
Views:	156
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	14092  

Closed Thread

Thread Information