AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Children Of Bodom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2009 06:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Children Of Bodom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o my god C.O.B. kicks so much tail it's not even funny.their freakin Hatebreeder album is awesome.i heard they are working on a new album now and the way Alexi talks about it it's gonna be good.what do you guys think of C.O.B.?

Senior Member tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2007 07:27 AM
    Threads

I rly like it and it's music. And the best thing is tht's it's from Finland (same place where I'm from :P ). I also agree tht Hatebreed album is awesome but I like Follow the Reaper album more

Sig made by Riina-chan

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I think Alexi Laiho is a arrogant, ungrateful, hypocritical overrated shredder. The rest of the band is ok, but I DESPISE Alexi Laiho. Arrogent because he thinks he's the best, ungrateful because he rags on guitarists who dwarf him in skill but he dislikes because they're "perfectionists" when he is in fact a perfectionist himself. Anyone who talks ill of John Petrucci when your skill doesn't even come close is a nobody.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Senior Member Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2007 11:59 PM
    Threads

Arrg!
    Children Of Bodom are my favourite band.
    All the members are extremely talented.
    Especially Janne Warman.
    I love the Hatebreeder album (I have the tshirt!)
    But I think all the albums have grown on me.
    Except Are You Dead Yet. That album was disappointing.
    But all the other albums are masterpieces.

What is everyones favourite songs?
    There are so many

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 02:18 AM
    Threads

Meh, COB are ok, I'm not really one for black metal, but there good to play Serious Sam, C&C and Halo 2 too.

Senior Member MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal has a brilliant future MetalIsEternal's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

COB isn't black metal.COB is a perfect blend of death and power metal.black metal is for lack of a better word, satanic metal.death metal is the downtuned, heavier type of metal.power metal is the opposite so to say; it has the freakin' crazy solos and keyboards.dont rely on wikipedia's opinion of what genre or subgenre a band is because they dont listen to it themselves so they cant be the judge of what the band is.

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 02:18 AM
    Threads

Lol, sorry, I dont know much about them, like I said, they arnt my fav. band.

Senior Member Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MetalIsEternal View Post
    COB isn't black metal.COB is a perfect blend of death and power metal.black metal is for lack of a better word, satanic metal.death metal is the downtuned, heavier type of metal.power metal is the opposite so to say; it has the freakin' crazy solos and keyboards.dont rely on wikipedia's opinion of what genre or subgenre a band is because they dont listen to it themselves so they cant be the judge of what the band is.
    Alright, where to start.

Black Metal does NOT mean Satanic!
    Geeze!!!
    It's just a typical misconception made by many people and an irritating stereotype.
    Some Black Metal bands use the 'Satanist' image to shock their audience, but not all of them use this method.
    Black Metal is Black Metal, an extreme form of Death Metal. It's as simple as that. Why try to explain it any other way?

Children Of Bodom are not just a mix of Death Metal and Power Metal...
    They have many influences from various Metal genres, including Black Metal. Something Wild had pretty strong Black Metal influences...
    Even the band has stated they can't put themselves under a certain genre, or genres.

Power Metal is NOT the opposite of Death Metal.
    It is supposed to be EPIC and fast!
    It is influenced by Thrash and Speed Metal, neither of which are very opposite to Death Metal at all...

And Death Metal is not always downtuned...

Finally, why even bring Wikipedia into this...

The end.

[/rant.]

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

okay first of all, you are getting way to worked up by this and second of all i was merely stating that i dont think COB is black metal and giving examples of what i felt what subgenre they fall under. i dont listen to black metal because the majority is satanic metal and im not into that crap so i wouldnt really know.the only way really that i know if a band is black metal or not is if they start talking about how great satan is or something stupid like that.i prefer not to put bands into catagories but whatever i dont care.and about wikipedia, i looked up their definitions of death and power metal and all these subgenres and crap and i was saying if you dont know what a certain genre or subgenre of music is dont rely on wikipedia because they dont know.dont try to start an arguement over the internet (at least not with me in it) because i have no time to participate in a meaningless exchange of angry words.calm down.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Alright.
    My apologies.
    Peace?

We should get back on topic so they don't close the thread.

Umm...who here has seen all the Children Of Bodom film clips?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

peace.
    do you mean all the live vids filmed at concerts or them just screwin around being awesome?
    Last edited by MetalIsEternal; 01-19-2007 at 09:22 PM.

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

I don't really know anything about them, but their cover of Oops! I Did It Again is one of the more amusing songs I've heard.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Senior Member Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2008 05:15 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Masali View Post
    Anyone who talks ill of John Petrucci when your skill doesn't even come close is a nobody.
    Did he actually say that? My respect for the band just went down like 50 points.

Junior Member GoAnderson is on a distinguished road GoAnderson's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2007 09:19 PM
    Threads

They died after Follow the Reaper, my friend.

Sig by Jeece of AP

Ivan "Shorty" Gulling
    ... May 7, 1925 - June 18, 2006 ...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You like Fallout Boy AND Children Of Bodom?
    Uh, what?

They did NOT die after Follow The Reaper.
    I acually quite like Hate Crew Deathroll.
    It took awhile to grow on me, though.
    Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper are definately masterpieces.
    So is Something Wild.

Are You Dead Yet...is just...horrible.
    Just horrible.
    Which is extremely unfortunate, considering how talented the band members are.

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

Children of Bodom...
    Ah,the memories...
    Yes,I like children od bodom,though I'm not used too...
    I think that they have quite awesome songs,my favorites are:
    Angels dont Kill
    Bodom beach terror
    but everything else is just fine(well,except some songs)
    Favorite album:Hate Crew Deathtroll
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    Threads

I would call Children Of Bodom Extreme Power Metal and include bands like Wintersun in this category. My favourite album would have to Hatebreeder (we all like it so its conclusive -> it's their best release). I don't really like Are You Dead Yet? so I wonder what their next release will be like...........

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't think COB can fit into one genre...

I really do love Something Wild, Hatebreeder, Follow The Reaper and Hate Crew Deathroll.
    (So basically all their albums hehe)

Hatebreeder is a GREAT album, but Wrath Within is a song I really dislike...

I fear with their next release, the way the band is going, it will be even more mainstream than Are You Dead Yet?

What happened to them?

Senior Member Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2008 09:37 AM
    Threads

one of my fave bands
    cant tell my fave song or album cause i love em all

for all your LARPing equipment ->http://www.lrpstore.com/?source=af14208&af=14208

Either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Either idea is staggering.

Junior Member Abeko will become famous soon enough Abeko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2007 10:22 AM
    Threads

"Angels Don't Kill" is one of the best songs of the century, I think.. I must say that C.O.B kicks much more *** than any main stream band.
    ~Abeko~

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Children Of Bodom are as mainstream as Metal bands get. . .. .

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I really disagree with that...^^^

Anyway, I want them to come and tour in Australia again.
    That would be the day.
    Anyone seen them live?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Jeeezzz Like everyone who kinda knows Metal knows Children Of Bodom XD.

They didn't come to Brisbane 2 years ago >__>.

I hope they come here next time ^__^.

Junior Member Mocchi is a glorious beacon of light Mocchi is a glorious beacon of light Mocchi is a glorious beacon of light Mocchi is a glorious beacon of light Mocchi is a glorious beacon of light Mocchi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2007 04:38 AM
    Threads

Yay, I'm from Finland too! \o/

But I don't listen to COB that much. Some songs are ok but most of them give me a headache. :P

My cousin would kill me now if she saw what i just said...
    Last edited by Mocchi; 06-08-2007 at 03:47 AM. Reason: typo
    "Nocturnally helpless,
    Weak in the light,
    Depending on a prayer.
    Pacing deserted roads to find
    A seed of hope."

(Opeth - Reverie/Harlequin Forest)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ohhh you're from Finland?!?!
    That is super cool.

Haha.

Closed Thread

Thread Information