AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Poetry Forum Rules (Updated 3/15)

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Poetry Forum Rules (Updated 3/15)

These needed to be updated.

There is a pinned topic in this forum. If you are posting a reply, I highly suggest you pause, take a break, get a cup of tea, and read this thread.

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=69832

With that said, there are a few basic rules you can follow when posting in this forum. Bear with me, these aren't going to be as awesome as the fanfiction rules.

When posting a poem:
    1. If it is a poem, do not label it as such. Just post the title of the poem.
    2. If it is a song, you can label it as Song: Name of Song
    3. Please post only one poem per thread. If you have a crap ton of poems... PM me with ALL OF THEM, and I will merge them all into one neat thread for you. (Must have over 40 poems for me to do this.)

When posting a reply:
    1. One word replies are bad.
    2. "I like it" Bad.
    3. "That was awesome, you should write more" Bad
    4. Replying to your own poem, to every reply, and to every poem thread you have, and saying "Thank you for your words, I will keep that in mind when I write my next poem." - Bad
    5. Copying and pasting the same reply over and over is bad.

So please read the rules, and follow them. I am no longer bad repping for screwing up in this forum, because unfortunately, my reputation means nothing compared to some of the spam mongers who keep spamming in this forum. It's infractions from here on out. Spam more than once? I infract.
    Last edited by Daenerys; 03-18-2008 at 09:06 PM.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I dont allow rated threads because it's just rude. People will be mean and rate the threads badly. Or people would ask their friends to rate their poem all high, and they wont deserve it. This also includes giving poems or stories grades. This is not a teaching website.

I had to warn a few users for refreshing their page view count, because they'd get it up to 20k, and that's completely unrealistic.
    Last edited by Daenerys; 04-02-2008 at 05:30 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Updated the rules

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Um.... yo. I updated da roolz dawgz.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Wouldn't merging threads actually make it more difficult to follow? It sorts them by date of the post, so if the person making the comment didn't reference which poem they were commenting on out of the 40...well, I know I would have trouble.

I can understand not wanting people having ongoing threads for their poetry, but what if someone was new and wanted to post all their old work in one thread. I would think if it were all in the opening post and the member weren't posting multiple times in a row it shouldn't be a big deal.

4. Replying to your own poem, to every reply, and to every poem thread you have, and saying "Thank you for your words, I will keep that in mind when I write my next poem."
    You're saying that's bad, yes? I would assume so, but I know rules should usually be written with the person who will least understand it in mind.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh yesh, that's bad.

But um, if I merge all the threads, I select all the comments and move them to a new thread, which I will trash.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Buh? But comments are good @.@ They (hopefully) tell us what we can improve on and what we're actually good at.

I love making your job harder XD

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No, those comments aren't good. There's a reason why I delete 90 percent of comments made.

Egotistical comments, that some users demand their friends make on thier stories or poems to bump it to the top or to give it a high post count are spam. They don't give anything to the author, and half the time I doubt if they even read the poem or story in question.

Junior Member don1 is a splendid one to behold don1 is a splendid one to behold don1 is a splendid one to behold don1 is a splendid one to behold don1 is a splendid one to behold don1 is a splendid one to behold don1 is a splendid one to behold don1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2008 03:29 AM
    Threads

So? What do you think the best reply for my own thread?

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You don't have any threads in this forum. Please try to remain on topic and if you have a personal question pertaining to the rules and you, whisper me. Fabala is questioning me on behalf of all the users to make sure my rules are easy to understand and make sense.

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by don1 View Post
    So? What do you think the best reply for my own thread?
    If you ask me, it's not necessary to reply to your own thread. There really isn't much you can say in response to other comments that would be productive.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You can't make a blanket statement such as that, because it all comes down to what the comment says. Sometimes a comment clearly shows that further explanation is needed, or that the member misunderstood something in the writing. Sometimes the member will question the author on an aspect of the writing. Sometimes the author will garner from the comment that the member understood something in a way they did not intend.

What it all boils down to is that there is plenty an author can respond to, provided the members comment in a constructive manner. So the real issue is the reader comments, and generally not the author's.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The only time I delete author comments is when its them replying to every comment thanking people.

Or lately its been people commenting on their own stuff with the same exact message.

I also delete spam and the replies that are replying to spam.

For example

Person A: lol dat wuz good write more
    Person B who wrote the poem: ya thanks I will keep that in mind when I write my next poem

Someone has seriously replied to every comment with a copy pasted message, and it was just damn rediculous.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Some people seem to think that they dont have to follow the rules because they haven't read them.

No, that doesnt apply.

So now I'm requiring everyone to post saying they've read these rules.

If someone breaks the rules, and I look to see if they've signed this list, if they have or haven't, there's trouble coming your way.

Closed Thread

Thread Information