AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: just wondering what yall think

Owned by Pyro <3 *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2007 09:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default just wondering what yall think

I noticed that very few people like certain types of music. Like, ahem, for example screamo. Even if the lyrics are good, they refuse to listen to it. Or other types of music, the lyrics can be completely idiotic, yet it's an automatic hit. I'm looking to understand why.

What makes good music good? Lyrics? Vocals? Acoustics? I'm curious what all of you think. Dont let all my strong opinions intemidate you. I dont bite. ^_^ often.

So pretty please tell meh what you think and why you think it! And be truthful.
    Last edited by *insertjapanesenamehere*; 12-03-2006 at 09:31 PM.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Even if the lyrics are good, they refuse to listen to it.
    That's not why they refuse to listen to it. As good as the lyrics may be...if you can't UNDERSTAND them it just becomes a chore to listen to. I'm sorry but my idea of a nice listening experience is not "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE PAIN AND THE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHBLOOD IS IN MY EYYYYYYYYYYESSSSSSSSSS AND I WANT A FRIGGEN PEPSI NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHH TO SOOTH MY COKE A COLA SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLL L"

And give me an example of a song with "idiotic lyrics?" Because most songs that are a hit now days do indeed have crap lyrics, but do you have an example of such a band?

and god help you if you say the red hot chili peppers.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Junior Member full metal naruto is on a distinguished road full metal naruto is on a distinguished road full metal naruto is on a distinguished road full metal naruto is on a distinguished road full metal naruto is on a distinguished road full metal naruto is on a distinguished road full metal naruto is on a distinguished road full metal naruto is on a distinguished road full metal naruto is on a distinguished road full metal naruto is on a distinguished road full metal naruto is on a distinguished road full metal naruto's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2006 12:05 AM
    Threads

i cant read it

Cry emo CRY!!!! Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2007 07:31 PM
    Threads

Right as a massive screamo and hardcore fan myself i have to say that the lyrics play a massive part but i like to under stand what he/she is singing about.

For instance the band converge have THE best lyrics i have ever seen but i cant understand ANY of it so its really annoying in that sense.

so i suppose its all you to your personal taste =/

Passion Beyond Reason

Glasgow City Hardcore

Senior Member Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2008 05:15 PM
    Threads

Usually to me, a band is good if it can go and do something no one else has done before, or take something someone has done before to a new level. It does however need to be musically good though. I generally hate songs that just repeat the same notes over and over again. It's just boring and uncreative.

Senior Member BlueJade has a reputation beyond repute BlueJade has a reputation beyond repute BlueJade has a reputation beyond repute BlueJade has a reputation beyond repute BlueJade has a reputation beyond repute BlueJade has a reputation beyond repute BlueJade has a reputation beyond repute BlueJade has a reputation beyond repute BlueJade has a reputation beyond repute BlueJade has a reputation beyond repute BlueJade has a reputation beyond repute BlueJade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2007 12:14 AM
    Threads

I can't friggin read it.

Urayamashii ne! Life is ii ne! Hontou ni

Was Sanctuary Alchemist Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2010 09:47 AM
    Threads

I think that vocals are the reason I don't listen to some songs. More like the way they sound when they're singing, even if I can understand it. Some songs where they sing, and you can't understand most of it, I don't mind at all.

Owned by Pyro <3 *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2007 09:22 PM
    Threads

ok, i edited so everyone can see it now. and no, i like the red hot chili peppers, but i like other bands a lot more and respect them more also.

songs that repeat themselves or say meaningless things are what i mean by "crappy lyrics." songs that make you think and feel are better to me. yeees including the red hot chili peppers.

and never in my life have i heard a screamo song about cola and pepsi. so i guess ill have to explain the kind of screamo i listen to and if you want to listen to it and tell me what you think or see if it changes your mind, then go ahead.

underoath (ive mentioned them five times today ><), embodyment, thrice, disturbed, things like that.

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 03:57 PM
    Threads

Instruments, vocals, and the lyrics are all important to me. Just about everything plays a big role for me.

Senior Member Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2007 01:42 PM
    Threads

The vocals and the lyrics. I like all sorts of rock music. Screamo, metal, classic,etc. What gets me is if I can relate to some songs. I like that
    It's all my fault. I should have been there to help you. Please don't hurt yourself anymore.
    *~I Love you and I will always.Remember that~*

Senior Member rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2008 03:37 AM
    Threads

I think to make a good song you have to have a combination of good lyrics, good background music and good bass.

Senior Member BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 05:02 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ask me for it Steam ID: askmeforit

For me, lyrics are secondary. Lyrics can make a song better, but rarely have I found an instance where lyrics are the sole reason why I listen to a song; and I find that, more often, I am turned off by a song's lyrics than I am compelled by them. (I am a fan of the vocals as an instrument, however.)

I like a good melody... beyond that, it's about the instrumentation and composition. And in that department, I'm not sure that I like anything specific. I like complexity; I like simplicity. I like drums and guitars; I like pianos, wind instruments, strings, and keyboards. It depends on the song, more than anything.

I tend to be somewhat critical about repetition, though. Some beats and riffs are stale and generic; overuse of synthesizers and electronic sounds can be suffocating if not applied properly; and a lack of variety in the composition can kill a song's lasting value.

I know there are some things, much more specific things, I don't like. But a list like that could go on forever.
    Get some exercise this summer and raise money to fight disease. Find a free charity walk in your area:
    AIDS Walk | Walk to Defeat ALS | Walk MS | Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
    Light The Night for Leukemia & Lymphona | Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis

Yaoi Extremist sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 09:11 PM
    In a magical place where yaoi reigns supreme
    Threads

im not a fan of screamo, emo, metal, hardcore, just in general any kind of rock, unless its Jrock (funny because i dont understand a word of it) but i like good melodys of classical and alternative....but ya lyrics are just a good mix with a good melody for me ^ ^
    Made by Fast as Fire
    I <3 You!

Senior Member Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2008 05:15 PM
    Threads

Meh, from what I've seen vocals hold music back anyways

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Good melodies and instrumentation (including the quality of the singer's voice if there is a singer.) are what I'm more into.

Though there are some lyrics I really enjoy, they just don't make the music for me.

~Made by me~

Closed Thread

Thread Information