AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can you claim to be a true anime fan?

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    royal_ken is a jewel in the rough royal_ken is a jewel in the rough royal_ken is a jewel in the rough royal_ken is a jewel in the rough royal_ken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2008 05:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Can you claim to be a true anime fan?

Since I've started to live away from Japan, I've met a lot of people who've claimed to be great fans of anime, but never have I met a foreigner who knows the classics. People seem to only know of the highstream ones that have come out over the past ten years. Either that, or extremely old series that they've watched as a child, but something I've never done because they never release such old shows anymore in Japan.

There are anime series that have been going on for years in Japan and the majority of Japanese people know of such series (this includes the young and the old). I would now like to ask if there are people here in this forum (who aren't from Japan), who could give me a list of these anime series.

NB. Anime and manga series from the past that are known by the majority of Japanese people would do as well.

For once, I would like to nod and say, Yes! That's well known in Japan! hehe

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Mobile suit Gundam. Still the best Gundam Series.
    Voltron. I actually have box sets.
    JoJo's Bizzare Adventure.
    WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Need more be said?

Thats all I got for old-school anime, as most of the old...old-school anime just isn't entertaining to me anymore.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Do you mean anime that are still airing and have been airing for a long time, anime that had aired for a long time been over? Or just some of the old classics or really popular shows? Something like Doraemon maybe? Or long running manga series like Hajime no Ippo?
    Whatever, here's my list:

Tetsuwan Atom
    Cyborg 009 (the original)
    Rose of Versailles
    Doraemon
    Voltron
    Getter Robo
    Mazinger
    Dirty Pair
    Battle of the Planets
    Captain Tsubasa
    Mach Go Go Go
    Space Battleship Yamato
    The Guyver (the original)
    Gigantor
    Ranma 1/2
    Galaxy Express 999
    Revolutionary Girl Utena
    Mobile Suit Gundam (0079)
    Macross
    Lupin III
    3000 Leagues in Search of Mother
    Grendizer
    Cutey Honey (the original 1973 one...the new one wasn't that good...)

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Out of curiosity, does this mean Lupin and Speed Racer aren't the type of classics you're thinking of?

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Member migueluffy will become famous soon enough migueluffy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2007 09:01 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Regex
    Out of curiosity, does this mean Lupin and Speed Racer aren't the type of classics you're thinking of?
    Lupin is very cool...lol
    |GOMU GOMU NO!!!|

royal_ken is a jewel in the rough royal_ken is a jewel in the rough royal_ken is a jewel in the rough royal_ken is a jewel in the rough royal_ken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII
    Do you mean anime that are still airing and have been airing for a long time, anime that had aired for a long time been over? Or just some of the old classics or really popular shows? Something like Doraemon maybe? Or long running manga series like Hajime no Ippo?
    Yes! You've got the idea (seeing your list)
    As long as it's an anime or manga series that are well known in Japan it doesn't matter if it's stopped airing all together
    By the way, I agree that the new Cutie Honey series was horrible (I watched it as a kid lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Regex
    Lupin has had anime series in the past and still has new movies on air every once in a while and well... everyone in Japan knows Lupin! It's common to see people immitating him lol but I've never heard of Speed Racer

I was going to see what everyone writes before I write my list but seeing as I'm just getting people confused. I'll just write a list out of the top of my head.

Doraemon (the new voice actors are horrible btw)
    Sazae-san
    Chibimaruko-chan
    Arare-chan
    Tensai Bakabon
    Ashita no Joe
    Furanda-su no Inu
    Uchuusenkan Yamato
    Ginga Tetsudou 999
    Garasu no Kamen
    Kochi Kame (Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen mae hashutsujo)
    - over 150 volumes of manga
    Black Jack (generally Tezuka Osamu series)
    Crayon Shin-chan (probably not that known to older generation but popular)

Apologies for writing the titles in Japanese. I'm not sure what they call it in English for some of them so I went ahead hehe
    Last edited by royal_ken; 11-29-2006 at 02:53 PM.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Jupin the III
    Speed Racer
    Sailor Moon
    Little Nemo
    Samurai Pizza Cats (hey I liked it! XD)
    Revolutionary Gril Utena
    Transformers (used to be big >_>)
    Voltron
    Dirty Pair
    Ronan Warriors
    Gundam Wing
    G Gundam
    Queen Emeraldas

*can't think*

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Project A-ko
    Project A-ko: For love and Robots
    Project A-ko: Uncivial Wars
    Sailor Moon
    Dragon Ball (when Goku is a little kid)
    Little Nemo
    Lupin the 3rd
    Moblie Suit Gundam
    Kiki's Delevary Serivce
    Ninja Scroll
    Fist of the North Star
    Galaxy Express 999
    Dark City
    Ranma
    The Original Dirty Pair
    Gunsmith Cats
    Transformers
    Voltron
    Speed Racer
    Macross
    Falcon...somthing
    Street Fighter
    Umm, thats all I can think of at the moment

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 05:54 AM
    Threads

@royal_ken

OMG, you don't know what Speed Racer is? XD Which reminds me, I think I watched that before I saw Yaiba... I keep forgetting that it's anime!

So, my list:
    Voltes V <== I hate it.
    Kimba <== Very cute!!!
    Yaiba <== I always thought this was my first anime.
    Speed Racer <== So that's anime too? XD
    the drama things like Remy, Dog of Flanders, Sarah and Cedie
    Dragonball <== Goku was very cute ^^ Back in the day when he thought the 4-star dragonball was his grandpa or something.
    Ghost in the Shell (movie) <== was that the 80's? I forgot.
    ...many more I can recall but don't remember the title right now.

Note: I won't claim to be a true anime fan though XD

(PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by kyubichan
    @royal_ken

OMG, you don't know what Speed Racer is? XD Which reminds me, I think I watched that before I saw Yaiba... I keep forgetting that it's anime!
    >_< I just looked up Speed Racer but this is what I meant in my first post! I've never even heard of the Japanese title or any of the characters. It certainly is an old series but I don't think it's that well known (or they would have talked about it on TV shows in Japan). Then again, it's hard to justify what I'm saying because I'm an individual hmm someone back me up!

NB. I'm more of a manga person to begin with so I'm not claiming to be a true anime fan either lol

Senior Member buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2008 03:28 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

i don't know if i can be consider a true anime fan but i have been watching anime for 16 + years...some of the older series/movies/ovas i've seen...

baoh - they should really make a second one...where he wakes up...
    dagger of kamui
    black jack - i like the one with the more realistic drawings...
    dirty pair - the original one...
    glass mask
    touch
    barefoot gen
    hakkenden
    babel II
    *(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.´)*
    »~:¤.·º`·.Forever ~ Dreaming.·´º·.¤:~«
    *(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*

>> flew too high and burnt the wings - lost my faith in everything <<

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by royal_ken
    >_< I just looked up Speed Racer but this is what I meant in my first post! I've never even heard of the Japanese title or any of the characters. It certainly is an old series but I don't think it's that well known (or they would have talked about it on TV shows in Japan). Then again, it's hard to justify what I'm saying because I'm an individual hmm someone back me up!

NB. I'm more of a manga person to begin with so I'm not claiming to be a true anime fan either lol
    The Japanese title is Mach Go Go Go. From what I have read, it was fairly popular in Japan. Hence why it was licensed and brought to the States at a time when anime was not as popular here as it is currently.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Yaoi Extremist sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 09:11 PM
    In a magical place where yaoi reigns supreme
    Threads

lupin III
    speed racer
    sailor moon
    dragon ball z
    voltron
    astroboy(not sure when its made but it's pretty old)
    barefoot gen
    fist of the north star
    cant think of more my brains isnt functioning -_-'
    Last edited by sasunarubishoujo; 11-29-2006 at 06:52 PM.
    Made by Fast as Fire
    I <3 You!

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    Threads

Quite frankly, I really can't myself a true anime fan.

Lupin III
    Ranma 1/2
    Doraemon
    Kiki's Delivery Service
    Voltron
    Sailor Moon
    Last edited by Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki; 11-29-2006 at 06:55 PM.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle

Quote Originally Posted by royal_ken
    I would now like to ask if there are people here in this forum (who aren't from Japan), who could give me a list of these anime series.
    And that will prove whether or not someone can call themselves a "true" anime fan? How does that factor out? Do you think that whether or not someone knows old classic titles will make them a "true" fan of anime? If you base this test of yours on that then you are missing what being a fan is all about. Some people here might not be old enough to remember these classics you speak of. You sound like one of those old-school gamers who feel that if you never owned the NES or Atari when you were growing up, then you can't call yourself a "true" gamer. Being a "true" fan of anime certainly does not mean you have to know or have to had seen the classics.

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 11:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Yes definitely. I can call myself a true fan.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Bibi of the Blue Sea
    And that will prove whether or not someone can call themselves a "true" anime fan? How does that factor out? Do you think that whether or not someone knows old classic titles will make them a "true" fan of anime? If you base this test of yours on that then you are missing what being a fan is all about. Some people here might not be old enough to remember these classics you speak of. You sound like one of those old-school gamers who feel that if you never owned the NES or Atari when you were growing up, then you can't call yourself a "true" gamer. Being a "true" fan of anime certainly does not mean you have to know or have to had seen the classics.
    This forum isn't a test. I just wanted to know if people knew what's common in Japan and I used the "true anime fan" to attract people's attention. There's no need to take the title so literally. Think of it as a title on the back of a cereal box.

I'm not exactly an anime fan myself so it's not like I'm trying to flaunt that I know classics heck I DON'T know a lot of the old ones myself. I didn't set up this thread to start a debate on the essence of being an anime fan. Does it really matter if you're a true anime fan? Will my forum cause people to lose their self-esteem because they think they aren't one? It's nothing serious like that so please try to understand that.
    Last edited by royal_ken; 11-30-2006 at 04:08 AM.

Junior Member Karmoon is on a distinguished road Karmoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-30-2006 01:44 PM
    Threads

I don't think that this thread is about being an anime fan at all. Surely most of the anime and manga that you mentioned are simply culturally very popular things. You can say to almost any Japanese person around my age, 'omae ha mou sindeiru' (Do NOT do this) and they'll know what you're talking about, but they won't necessarily be 'anime fans'

Everyone should enjoy Lupin III and Dragon ball - they're fantastic for their own merit. But perhaps not everyone should be able to tell you how much Gaogaigar weighs in metric tonnage.

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi
    Project A-ko
    Project A-ko: For love and Robots
    Project A-ko: Uncivial Wars
    Sailor Moon
    Dragon Ball (when Goku is a little kid)
    Little Nemo
    Lupin the 3rd
    Moblie Suit Gundam
    Kiki's Delevary Serivce
    Ninja Scroll
    Fist of the North Star
    Galaxy Express 999
    Dark City
    Ranma
    The Original Dirty Pair
    Gunsmith Cats
    Transformers
    Voltron
    Speed Racer
    Macross
    Falcon...somthing
    Street Fighter
    Umm, thats all I can think of at the moment
    That is a sexy list.
    I'm quite impressed. In a world of bleach naruto etc, there's still people that enjoy this stuff do.

I'm a big fan of Hokutonoken,
    Dragon Ball,
    UC Gundam,
    Xabungle,
    Original Macross

I started reading the black jack manga also - really enjoying it, but very hard to import over from Japan
    Last edited by Karmoon; 11-30-2006 at 01:46 PM.
    求めたくないものだな。。。
    自分自身の若さ故の過ちとは。。。

The mistakes of one's youth... one does not care to acknowledge them.

Junior Member Paul "OtaKing" has a spectacular aura about Paul "OtaKing" has a spectacular aura about Paul "OtaKing"'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2007 07:40 PM
    Threads

You can't be a true movie fan without having seen the classics of yesteryear. Otherwise, how will you understand the progression of camera techniques and difference on stortytelling emphasis? Citizen Kane, the Marx Borothers... you can't fully apreciate modern films if you haven't seen the classics. It's a Wonderful Life is amazing, but many people wouldn't watch it because it's "in black and white."

The same goes for anime. If you can't appreciate Hokuto no Ken, Bubblegum Crisis, Gunbuster, original Macross, Galaxy Railroad 999, Nausicaa, Space Adventure Cobra, etc, then you're not a true anime fan. You're just a fan of a fleeting style of current anime, which will be washed away and replaced completely with CG in ten years' time anyway.

Nothing wrong with being narrow minded, of course. I certainly am when it comes to food. Not anime, though, as I very much enjoy a small amount of actually good modern stuff, like Azumanga Daioh, Basilisk, Ouran Host Club and Mushishi.
    俺様の名はポールだ!俺の歌を聞け!
    Paul's artwork - http://mightyotaking.deviantart.com/
    Paul's incredible MySpace - http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=110958733

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I've thought of two more for my list!

Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro
    ("Oi! Kitaro!" by Medama Oyaji is famous :-D)
    Warau Salesman
    (extremely creepy)

Member nars has a spectacular aura about nars has a spectacular aura about nars's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2006 06:01 PM
    Philippines for now, born&raised in CA though
    Threads

I know that some of these shows aren't considered anime. But I still watch them... Plus I believe that they're classics in Japan.

Kikaida
    Ultraman
    Kamen Rider

And as for anime.

Bubblegum Crisis, Iczelion, Project A-Ko, Ranma 1/2, Lodoss War, Ronin Warriors, Doraemon, Robotech, Lupin III, YuYu Hakusho, Dragon Ball, Voltes V, Voltron[LionForce], Saint Seiya, Bastard! ...

I can't think of any more. Those are some I appreciate though.
    Hopefully I'm on the right track. If not.. Maybe someone can guide me without being an *******.

The Curious Wanderer Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2010 01:05 AM
    Threads

The series of anime that I own as a collection are listed below:

Bleach (1-105+) Still continuing to collect this series.
    Utawarerumono (1-26)
    Erementar Gerad (aka: Elemental Gelade)-(1-26)
    Black Cat (1-23)
    Mahou Sensei Negima (1-26)
    Rave Master/Groove Adventure Rave (1-51)
    Air (1-12 and I also have the movie)
    Chobits (1-26+ the special episodes)
    Tales of Eternia (1-13)
    Chrno Crusade (1-24)
    Full Metal Alchemist (1-51)
    Kanon (1-13 + Special Episode)
    Higurashi no Naku koro ni (1-26)
    Tsubasa Chronicles (1-26) Still Collecting this series
    XXXholic (1-24)
    KIBA (1-35) Still Collecting this series.
    Death Note (1-9) Still Collecting this series.
    Loveless (1-12)
    Ichigo 100&#37; (1-12)

I think I classify... lol. ~scratches forehead~
    Last edited by Kitanoru; 12-02-2006 at 03:21 AM.

[An amazing set by KP4]

Ooo a Fan Button! =P

~The God of Death~ -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2007 05:49 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by royal_ken View Post
    This forum isn't a test. I just wanted to know if people knew what's common in Japan and I used the "true anime fan" to attract people's attention. There's no need to take the title so literally. Think of it as a title on the back of a cereal box.

I'm not exactly an anime fan myself so it's not like I'm trying to flaunt that I know classics heck I DON'T know a lot of the old ones myself. I didn't set up this thread to start a debate on the essence of being an anime fan. Does it really matter if you're a true anime fan? Will my forum cause people to lose their self-esteem because they think they aren't one? It's nothing serious like that so please try to understand that.
    People knowing what's common in Japan... hmm. But, what about modern anime that isn't very well known to most people, but is fairly known in Japan? Do you mean even if you know modern anime that's well-known in Japan, but you don't know classic anime, then you're not a true anime fan?
    Back..

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by -Shinigami- View Post
    People knowing what's common in Japan... hmm. But, what about modern anime that isn't very well known to most people, but is fairly known in Japan? Do you mean even if you know modern anime that's well-known in Japan, but you don't know classic anime, then you're not a true anime fan?
    I already answered a similar question to this and you've quoted it yourself. I will change the name of this thread if it's causing people to get touchy by the phrase "true anime fan"

The Nine Tailed Ninja Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2008 08:57 AM
    Why do you want to know, huh? You plan on stalking me or something? >.>
    Threads

Nope,actually I'm not a true anime fan.The only anime I watch is Naruto on TV and Orphen on TV,no other anime,so,you can say I'm just a Naruto and Orphen fan instead.XD.

Closed Thread

Thread Information