AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: GITS section needs re-write

Junior Member Ketira is on a distinguished road Ketira's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2009 09:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Talking GITS section needs re-write

...especially for GITS: Stand Alone Complex. Now that I have both the OST albums (1st & 2nd seasons), I can help straighten things out with this part of the site. You can't just go by the booklet for words..... at least not with OST1 (1st season). I found a few more songs on the album that have words than what's been printed in the booklet. I will also try to get the Cryllic/Russian "kanji" (since it's not like English at all! ) of "Inner Universe" via PS and MS Word.

I can give a list of both GITS: SAC albums that actually have words, and even though I don't know other languages, I could post a "possible" translation that would scan to the music if a translation isn't available. I may know only English, but I know it very well, and I've done some songwriting to know how to make lyrics "singable". I'll be using Alta Vista's "Babel fish" feature (http://babelfish.altavista.com/ ) to translate, then try to re-work from there so that it makes sense in English as well as fit the music. (In fact, if there's a song that has the original language as well as the "romanized" version, I offer to do that as well --after this section is better organized.)

I think that each album should be separate, with each song having its own link --unless the song is on two separate albums. Then the two entries would go to the same link.

These are all suggestions, btw; I've loved what Allen has started and what you are trying to continue, and I sincerely want to help.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2006 08:22 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Hey Ketira! Nice to see you're still around

The backend is still being rebuilt, but I know that the page will be fixed up ASAP.

As a side note, the site that Allen started is still up at animelyrics.tv (and you're missed over there, too).
    "Just as you cannot remember the world that you used to be in, there is nobody in this world who can remember you."

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Anything you post we'll definately get on as fast as possible ^^
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

I could help with the russian translation if you post the cyrillic text.

Junior Member Ketira is on a distinguished road Ketira's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2009 09:49 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Okay.... going from the song list, these songs have words:

GITS : STAND ALONE COMPLEX OST
    ---------------------------------------
    run rabbit junk
    stamina rose
    where does this ocean go?
    velveteen
    lithium flower (ending song, first season)
    inner universe (opening song, first season)
    some other time
    beauty is within us
    monochrome
    {they also have the "TV version" of both "rise" and "GET9", although the latter wasn't used in CN's telecast of the second season/ 2ndGig; not sure if you want those.}

GITS : STAND ALONE COMPLEX OST2
    ------------------------------------
    cyberbird {linear notes include both English & Japanese translations; I figure this song is in Italian - maybe?}
    rise (second season opening song)
    i can't be cool
    GET9
    psychedelic soul
    what's it for
    living inside the shell (second season ending song)
    i do
    ================================================== ==============
    I think I'll download Musicmatch again; it seems to be the only player/ripper that can handle Japanese that also gives a good sound in the recording. Once I have screenshots, whoever wants to can romanize them to fit each song.
    Last edited by Ketira; 11-18-2006 at 10:29 PM.

Junior Member ZloyPryanik is an unknown quantity at this point ZloyPryanik's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2007 05:29 PM
    Threads

Can I offer my help in dealing with russian and cyrillic?

Member ST Paraila has a spectacular aura about ST Paraila has a spectacular aura about ST Paraila has a spectacular aura about ST Paraila's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-27-2007 03:01 AM
    Threads

It's easy to find the english translations on the internet- I've seen them several times. But I suppose you want to translate it yourself?
    Babelfish isn't always the best tool, especially if the language's syntax is different to the one you're translating to. I've tried translating Chinese and ended up with a string of jumbled words. ><
    Last edited by ST Paraila; 12-19-2006 at 02:44 AM.
    This account is inactive.

Closed Thread

Thread Information