AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: What do you think are the elements?

Yin and Yang Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-30-2008 10:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    i'm not saying any more than, a Lake near some woods, what more do you need to know?
    Threads

Default What do you think are the elements?

if you please;
    do you consider everything to be an element? '''includeing compound elements'''
    do you consider only the elements on the 'perideric table of elements' the only elements?
    do you consider fire, water, earth, and wind, the 'base' elements?
    Exsplain with info, please
    Last edited by Water Wolf; 11-09-2006 at 04:36 PM.
    Guardian ofShadow Fangs
    .^ - ^ *
    ./ u-u \}}
    .\ (") { .{
    Your're Aweful{ \. . . {.} . . I love you!

Battle God Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2016 03:17 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CyrusTheViruSS

man your hooked on elements arent ya.... well if your talking about the elements like fire... the it would be fire,water,earth,wind,lightning etc...
    elements come from nature... so in return everything we use from nature... like wood to build a house it would fit under the earth catigory... most people think of earth to be just dirt.. but its not... its also includes trees and such...as for the BASE elements i'm not really sure becuse there are smaller compounds... fire would be like one of the main elements...
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Is there a point for redundant topics?
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Yin and Yang Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf has a reputation beyond repute Water Wolf's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    i'm not saying any more than, a Lake near some woods, what more do you need to know?
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by moonlightkisu
    yes because no one has tried to prove me wrong with facts and truth, and the proof of there thoughts are not said, I also want to know how many people have diffrent veiws on this subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrus the virus
    man your hooked on elements arent ya.... well if your talking about the elements like fire... the it would be fire,water,earth,wind,lightning etc...
    elements come from nature... so in return everything we use from nature... like wood to build a house it would fit under the earth catigory... most people think of earth to be just dirt.. but its not... its also includes trees and such...as for the BASE elements i'm not really sure becuse there are smaller compounds... fire would be like one of the main elements...
    yes actualy I am , I love how they are all like diffrent, how they can be combined, how they can be manipulated, and how they can all be themselfs, yet be the elements, to tell the truth. witch by the way few people seem to have the compasity to do.
    Guardian ofShadow Fangs
    .^ - ^ *
    ./ u-u \}}
    .\ (") { .{

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It isn't redundant. To be redundant, that would require them being the same topic. The other topic was about which was your favorite, but that topic spurred the debate of what an element is. It makes sense to put the debate here so it doesn't spam up the other thread.

As for what I consider an element, refer to the Periodic Table of Elements.
    Fire, Water, Earth, and so on, are chemicals and substances composed of elements, not elements themselves.

"2.Chemistry. one of a class of substances that cannot be separated into simpler substances by chemical means." (from Dictionary.com)
    This is the current definition of what an element is as determined by centuries of scientific research and experimentation.

"6. One of the substances, usually earth, water, air, and fire, formerly regarded as constituting the material universe."
    This concept was that created by Archimedes (if memory serves), over two millenia ago. He believed that these "elements" composed everything in existance. This theory has since been disproved.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII
    It isn't redundant. To be redundant, that would require them being the same topic. The other topic was about which was your favorite, but that topic spurred the debate of what an element is. It makes sense to put the debate here so it doesn't spam up the other thread.

Fire, Water, Earth, and so on, are chemicals and substances composed of elements, not elements themselves.

"2.Chemistry. one of a class of substances that cannot be separated into simpler substances by chemical means." (from Dictionary.com)
    This is the current definition of what an element is as determined by centuries of scientific research and experimentation.

"6. One of the substances, usually earth, water, air, and fire, formerly regarded as constituting the material universe."
    This concept was that created by Archimedes (if memory serves), over two millenia ago. He believed that these "elements" composed everything in existance. This theory has since been disproved.
    I see it as redundant because it will inevitably turn into the exact same topic as the other one, just watch. On this forum, it's bound to happen. And the other topic is already spammed up to oblivion.

As for what I think of as the elements, that depends on what kinds of 'elements' you mean. Scientific elements, the 5 elements of nature, elements that make space and the universe .. etc. It just depends, as there are all different kinds of elements.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 11-09-2006 at 05:28 PM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII

THAT, is the kind of exsplanation, with facts and purpose! yes, Thank you! but from what I know isn't the Periodic Table of Elements missing some, I have herd on comershals that "there is another element, the human element". would you say this is true?
    I see it as redundant because it will inevitably turn into the exact same topic as the other one, just watch. On this forum, it's bound to happen.
    umm pardon my asking, but how can it go back unless I link this thread to the other thread? The other thread did start to have too many debates over what the elements where, and so I created this one because it was interfearing with the real topic of that thread, *if you forgot it was 'what is your favoriet element?'*
    Last edited by Water Wolf; 11-09-2006 at 05:28 PM.
    Guardian ofShadow Fangs
    .^ - ^ *
    ./ u-u \}}
    .\ (") { .{

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Water Wolf
    THAT, is the kind of exsplanation, with facts and purpose! yes, Thank you! but from what I know isn't the Periodic Table of Elements missing some, I have herd on comershals that "there is another element, the human element". would you say this is true?
    umm pardon my asking, but how can it go back unless I link this thread to the other thread? The other thread did start to have too many debates over what the elements where, and so I created this one because it was interfearing with the real topic of that thread, *if you forgot it was 'what is your favoriet element?'*
    It will become just like the other topic because i've seen it happen many times on this forum. We have tons of topics about the same thing; even if they start out as something slightly different then the others, it just happens.

The other thread started out asking a simple question, perhaps the question was too general and not specific enough so that people got confused as to what kinds of elements were being disccussed, and it turned into a swirling mass of stupidity.

And yes, I do remember the topic of that thread, as I recall, everyone posted what they thought the elements were, including what their favorite element was .. and the purpose of this topic is to post what you think the elements are. You're right, that's not the same at all.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Sophitia Alexandria Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Love's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2008 08:42 AM
    Threads

evrything that comes from nature is an element for me

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal_Love
    evrything that comes from nature is an element for me
    pardon my questioning but, can you say why you think this way with facts, and known information?
    It will become just like the other topic because i've seen it happen many times on this forum. We have tons of topics about the same thing; even if they start out as something slightly different then the others, it just happens.

The other thread started out asking a simple question, perhaps the question was too general and not specific enough so that people got confused as to what kinds of elements were being disccussed, and it turned into a swirling mass of stupidity.
    yes yes, but the person did start with what elements they thought where true, if I do recall correctly it was; fire, water, earth, air, lightning, and darkness. Of cource kid buu did also say 'what is your fav element', therefore confuseing it ever more. One being general, (the thread name) and the other specific, (the post they did).
    Of cource people often get kinda lazy and skip the first post's insructions and just reply to either what the most recent post is or what the thread name is.
    And yes, I do remember the topic of that thread, as I recall, everyone posted what they thought the elements were, including what their favorite element was .. and the purpose of this topic is to post what you think the elements are. You're right, that's not the same at all.
    One more thing, this is a VERY good referance page for well just about anything, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...ested_articles WIKIPEDIA COVERS IT ALL! I think it is the best flat out descriptionized basiss of everything cource it can get kinda 'too' basic if I may say.
    >.< can't resist! <,< must >.> say <,.> it, Wikipedia, that free encyclopedia! *I improvised a little ^^*
    ok ok ok another thing, aren't elements basically 'the smallest fragment' on it's own?
    Last edited by Water Wolf; 11-09-2006 at 06:22 PM.
    Guardian ofShadow Fangs
    .^ - ^ *
    ./ u-u \}}
    .\ (") { .{

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

You know what Wolf, no one is here to friggen educate you - and you need a lot. Go look on the intarwebs yourself for God sake. You talk all about facts and information and offer absolutely none yourself, so do the work yourself instead of expecting others to do it for you.

Daisy LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2014 07:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well that's enough of this.

The other thread is fine to discuss the elements, we don't need more than one. Also to the baiters and flamers, or the wannabe mods.

Leave the moderating to us, we'll say what's allowed and not allowed. Thanks.

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

Closed Thread

Thread Information