AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AnimeLyrics.com Lyric Discussions

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default AnimeLyrics.com Lyric Discussions

Hey all and welcome to the new AnimeLyrics.com forum!

This forum is for discussing lyrics you have currently in translation or ones you have questions on to upload to AnimeLyrics.com, from romanji to english! Post your questions, comments, or complaints :P here!

Rules of the forum are pretty easy.

No swearing, no flaming, no fighting, no biting

Don't Spam and stay on topic.

This forum is not for requesting lyrics, its for discussing current ones you yourself are translating.

Happy Posting!!
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Member mikk is on a distinguished road mikk's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2006 05:53 PM
    Threads

Great Community always head to them when I'm in need of lyrics ^^

Edit
    Are we aloud to post English songs from Anime's? Or only Japanese songs?
    Last edited by mikk; 11-06-2006 at 04:56 PM.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

One question:
    When submitting lyrics that are not from an anime (as the site also hosts lyrics for various J-pop artists), should we post them as in a thread, kind of like : [Lyrics] Artist - "Song" ?
    And for anime/games: [Lyrics] Anime/Game - "Song" - Artist ?
    Basically, what type of set up would you like for submissions?
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 11-08-2006 at 10:29 PM.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Please look at the Lyric submission forum for your answers to that question ^^

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

[This part has been removed due to the clearing up of a misunderstanding.]
    And in reference to my last post, is it okay to post non-anime lyrics?
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 11-08-2006 at 10:30 PM.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I believe we have Jpop on there so you can do J-pop and dancemania.

and I think that should be alright, just put that you didn't do the translation you're just submitting them. If you know who did that would be great tho.

Please make sure that the translations are acurate tho ^^

Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

all of the above.

Senior Member Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution's Avatar
    Nerdy
    Gifts Black Beauty LesPauls Mic TNG Communicator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2012 12:28 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zeke Stryker XFIRE ID: Bignate101 Wii Code: 4265 2672 0811 8128

I must compliment you on this. It's a great idea and a wonderful addition to an already wonderful site.

When posting lyrics, is it required that we also post the artist and/or group that performed the song, or should we just post which show it's from?
    Kaitou Ace: Before she gets eaten by zombies,
    let's change the camera angle so you can see her panties.
    Kaitou Ace: repeat *100

Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

NEW POLICY!!!

We will only accept lyrics that you have translated yourself. Sorry I was unaware of something when I answered your question before. I appologize for the misinformation.

Junior Member bah is on a distinguished road bah's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2006 04:10 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Alias-Revolution
    I must compliment you on this. It's a great idea and a wonderful addition to an already wonderful site.
    Uh? The idea is nothing to do with these people - they stole it from the real AnimeLyrics when they somehow took over the domain name. AnimeLyrics has always had forums and user submissions.

Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Because we've always owned the domain name and were getting the short side of a partnership from PMak. You can look up the history of the domain name and see that we have always owned it. We just finally dissolved that partnership because it was quite unfair to us, and took total control of the site. We tried to buy the database and thats when PMak, without telling anyone, just decided to move. We have not said anything negative nor flamed him for cheating us out of over $32,000 (which he recieved in ads while illegally claiming to own the domain). Please do not come to our site and flame us.

But I guess its just easier to assume stuff rather than hear the full true story then make a decision. :P

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Soichiro is a jewel in the rough Soichiro is a jewel in the rough Soichiro is a jewel in the rough Soichiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2006 12:04 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by bah
    Uh? The idea is nothing to do with these people - they stole it from the real AnimeLyrics when they somehow took over the domain name. AnimeLyrics has always had forums and user submissions.
    Just a suggestion, but you should probably stop overreacting so much. Saying things like "they stole it from the real site, they're fake" is a good way to start a flame war (and I've seen you do that in all 3 of your posts that I've read here), and besides, as the admins have already posted, they have a good reason for what has happened.
    "Recent studies show that guys who fold for team32 get more girls." - sno.lcn
    "Where did you do the DNA test? Do they offer them in 7-Elevens now? Buy a slurpie -- get a free DNA test." - Frodo Baggins
    "It's not romanji, it's romaji!" - Me

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    Sakura Koneko is a splendid one to behold Sakura Koneko is a splendid one to behold Sakura Koneko is a splendid one to behold Sakura Koneko is a splendid one to behold Sakura Koneko is a splendid one to behold Sakura Koneko is a splendid one to behold Sakura Koneko is a splendid one to behold Sakura Koneko's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 035 - Clefairy 147 - Dratini 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2018 09:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: akittennamedsakura

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Minako
    Because we've always owned the domain name and were getting the short side of a partnership from PMak. You can look up the history of the domain name and see that we have always owned it. We just finally dissolved that partnership because it was quite unfair to us, and took total control of the site. We tried to buy the database and thats when PMak, without telling anyone, just decided to move. We have not said anything negative nor flamed him for cheating us out of over $32,000 (which he recieved in ads while illegally claiming to own the domain). Please do not come to our site and flame us.

But I guess its just easier to assume stuff rather than hear the full true story then make a decision. :P
    Noone offered to give the true story prior to now, which is why people are confused and a bit worried. A lot of the people that will end up flaming are probably mostly worried about their lyrics contributions not being credited. I know in another post you said that it would be handled at some point, but I'm a bit curious as to how. Is there a program you're using for it? Because I just don't see anyone wanting to go through every set of lyrics in order to find the contributor name/correct any incorrect information (like singers, songwriters, etc.).

I can understand how you'd be upset about what apparently happened with PMak. Was there any kind of contract that was made between the two of you? Because if there was, you should see if there's any kind of legal action you can take to try to get the money that belongs to you.

Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy has much to be proud of Xazy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2006 08:22 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Hi everyone,

First of all I want to apologize on behalf of any former animelyrics.com (now .tv) contributors who might have come here causing problems, as I'm partially responsible for not dispensing all the proper information yet (I am INSANELY busy right now).

Secondly I want to make public the fact that I intend to help the current animelyrics.com rebuild the contributor database in any way possible, if necessary. Even my own lyrics aren't credited here. ;P I still haven't decided if I'm only going to assist in maintaining one of these sites (if not both or neither), but I feel that it is absolutely important that any site containing the aforementioned lyrics give proper credit to the people who worked on them.

If anyone has any questions for me personally, I encourage you to EMAIL me at [email protected]

Thank you (and sorry for the interruption)

15. Likes LockeVanish liked this post
    Junior Member Dramon no Shiro is on a distinguished road Dramon no Shiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2006 07:07 PM
    Threads

Hello, I'm new here, but not to Animelyrics.com, although I was surprised that the layout to the site changed. owO

This might not make sense, but I'll give it a shot. >w>

I have a question about posting lyrics. There were some songs I was looking for in Animelyrics but weren't available. I wanted to request lyrics for them, but then I decided to try to get them down myself (yay me ). However, I'm not so nihon-literate, so interpretted the lyrics down phonetically. It was kind of difficult to get some weird-sounding words, but it helps when you know at least some familiar nihon you hear from other songs. I at least looked up some of the words to see if they're relevant to the song and/or context.

My question is, is it possible to post up untranslated lyrics (just the romaji) for proofreading? The lyrics I have in mind are from Onmyou Taisenki, and I've already tried looking for lyrics for their songs but there were only ones for the TV versions. Pretty much, it's only the romanji that I'd like to be proofread.

I feel like this is a silly question since I've already looked up some words and that would sound like I'm on the process to translating them, is it? ^w^;

Soichiro is a jewel in the rough Soichiro is a jewel in the rough Soichiro is a jewel in the rough Soichiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2006 12:04 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

If there's proofreading needed, it would most likely belong in the Lyrics Discussion forum (instead of the submission forum or anywhere else)
    "Recent studies show that guys who fold for team32 get more girls." - sno.lcn
    "Where did you do the DNA test? Do they offer them in 7-Elevens now? Buy a slurpie -- get a free DNA test." - Frodo Baggins
    "It's not romanji, it's romaji!" - Me

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

I just like to say thank you for inviting Xazy over to help at least in rebuilding the contributor side of the lyrics. I wouldn't have forgiven it if you all blocked us completely and start up a rivalry.

I respect both Pmak and Kaitou Ace, both are great names in the internet, Kaitou with AG.net and Pmak with Shoujoai. I just don't want to see one side boasting around for months - clearly, you've already won, so stop defacing the losers.

Because both ALs can't live without contributors. Especially those who can't afford their own site - I'm not Cori or someone of the same stature - so you can say it's a complicated relationship we have here, we need you to post up our work and you need us to... well, be a better lyrics site.

For now I'm gonna watch and see what happens, if this site does try to be fair and strive to be a good lyrics site with well-versed contributors I'll be more than happy to offer you my expertise.

...so that you know where you can find me

Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Actually I am willing to go through each and every lyric on every page and make sure that they're all correctly credited. But we want to wait until the entire site is finished coding, which should be by this weekend. Please do not take anything that I've done as boasting. You have to imagine what its been like for us when we've recieved flame emails, posts, private messages, and even someone went so far as to post that Kaitou was a "nazi pedophile anime-hater". All because they don't have the full story. We are a bit defensive right now, and I appologise about how I sounded.

We have invited Xazy, and all of you because we WANT to credit everyone, and we WANT to have a high quality site. If you see your lyrics that are uncredited PM me, I will pass it along to kaitou, who is working in every second that he has the time to finish the site up, who will get those credits up ASAP. I even told Kaitou yesterday if someone gets me a list of all uncredited work, I'll find the answers and submit them back to him. But if I have to, I'll go through each link one by one... this may take a lot of time, but I'm willing to do it.

You'll find that Kaitou and myself put a lot of time and energy into our sites and we hope that you do find them high quality and enjoyable. We know this site is nothing without its contributors and is only as good as the people who keep it running. As with all my sites. Galleries is supported by people who submit pictures, and my forums are supported by the people who post. Not to mention they wouldn't be here without the people who help me run it.

Please feel free to PM me with ANY questions you have, and PLEASE PLEASE PM me with the list of stuff thats yours and isn't credited. This is something we're working on and something that is important to us to complete. Thanks <3

Junior Member Nigallome is on a distinguished road Nigallome's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2006 12:16 PM
    Threads

Hi~Hi All!!

I'm new here, and I join 'cos i need help...

I'm playing Audition (a dance~battle game -online-) And i cant get the lyrics of it's songs. I can get some english words but any japanese... I'm chilean, so.. my english audition isn't that good enough...

Please, help me with this!!!

I'm counting on u guys ><!!! I know u can, 'cos I always go to www.animelyrics.com and the page is pretty good and complete.

Nigallome~

P.S.: U can find me in Audition with the name LeThEnia (to send whispers, u have to write /w "name of the char") Bai~Bai =D!

P.S.2: i have problems to publish a new thread, so i came to write it here.. ^^
    Last edited by Princess Minako; 12-18-2006 at 02:38 PM. Reason: link

Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

please don't advertise other gaming sites here. That belongs in video games for one, and two we don't allow advertising other sites on ours. your post has been edited.

Junior Member Kazuki Reio is on a distinguished road Kazuki Reio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-26-2007 01:14 AM
    Threads

Stupid me posted a request without looking here first. ><

I have the romanji lyrics for what im looking for. (well actually its not the whole song but just the parts used for the opening of the anime) I was gonna post what I have, but that would be no good. And even it was, I can't pass the japanese language test anyways. >< If it would be possible, where could I put what I have so far? I believe that its pretty accurate.
    Last edited by Kazuki Reio; 01-08-2007 at 05:41 AM.

Senior Member winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2008 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0738 3560 2869 0372

imnew here so how do you submit anime lyrics?

Junior Member midori4 is on a distinguished road midori4's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2007 05:16 AM
    Threads

Unhappy hey.........

konbannwa......
    hello there...
    im a new member of animeforum.com and i have a few problems because i can't pass the japanese test huhu..huu....

+="MiAkA"=+yUkI"=+
    Midori4
    Midori4"+=MiAkA=+"

Is A Girl ;)
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2014 10:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

it would be helpful if you told your problems oO
    is passing the test one of them?

Junior Member althea is on a distinguished road althea's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2007 07:19 AM
    Threads

I just want to know if the titles for the animes here should be in Japanese? I'm trying to look for anime lyrics for Honey and Clover but I can't find one. Does that mean that I should enter its Japanese name, or AnimeLyrics just don't have it?

Closed Thread

Thread Information