AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Parents getting re-married?

Searching for Paradise White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2007 10:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Parents getting re-married?

Recently my Dad has been talking about Marriage, I dont know if this talk will just wear off or if he is serious. He has been seeing his Girl Friend for about 2 and a half years. My Mom passed away a while ago and I dont blame him for being lonely. He has told me and my Brother many times that she is not there to "Replace" Mom, and I know she is not. She seems to be a nice lady and I talk to her when she stops by, although she is alot younger than my Dad. She and my little Brother get along fine too, so I dont really mind her.
    But the thing is I just cannot picture her moving in with us, its just been "Us guys" for a looong time now. What will I do if she moves in? I dont know, I may have to start acting differently, she may want me to start coming home earlier after a while. But thats all speculation, I guees I am sort of scared of such a big change.
    So have any of your Parents been re-married? If so what was it like? How long did it take to get used to having a "New" Mom or Dad around?

I thought I would try and ask you guys, thanks for your time.
    The name White Wolf is synonymous with honor,and it will live on in the minds of his friends and foes alike.

That the fear will leave us when we know He is with us and it is wonderful.

They had been defected and excommunicated
    and all the pulses were subverted
    and they made sure that the obituaries showed pictures of smoke stacks
    150 mph club

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Yeah, both my mom and dad remarried. My mom (the parent I live with) got divorced again after a few years. I didnt really like the guy (AT ALL), but I was too young to realize that. He was about 10 years older than her and a real lazy bastard.

My dad remarried, she is about 5 years older than him, and they are still married. Happily, I think. I dunno, I absolutely HATE HER. She is a giant WITCH. But not with a W. <.< I hate her. But I hate my dad too, so meh.

It gets easier wolfy, it really does. Sounds like you got lucky with liking your dad's gf, that's great. I don't think she will really ask much of you, and if she does remember that she's not your mother, you do what you feel is right. ^_^

Good luck!

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

I'm not a professional in these matter nor will i pretend to speak as one or as someone with a great deal of experience in the area. However, that said i empathize with what you are feeling. The change may seem pretty drastic but if she is as nice as you described then i doubt she will cause a great deal of alteration to your personal life as far as your concerns about staying out laye and acting differently. Besides that your father is still there and I'm sure that if you talk to him about your misgivings he will understand and will be able to assure you that nothing drastic will happen nor will he let anything aggregious happen to you. The best solution i can recommend is communication. If your father and his signifigant other knows about how you feel i'm sure they will be able to accomadate you and then afterwards you can begin to accomadate them. This is a difficult time for both sides so you should be will to compromise a little but if you are open i'm don't believe it will be too life altering.

Best of luck,
    ~Luz
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

Searching for Paradise White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2007 10:07 PM
    Threads

Yeah she does seem like a good person, my Dad told me that she did'nt see him in his car or anything, but rather they just talked at first. So she did'nt know about any money at first, wich is a big plus, so I know she is not a gold digger.

I doubt she would force any changes, and my Dad knows me too well for her to make him do anything. Maybe if she is there my Dad will be home more (Doubt it, but its a shot). Also, my Dad is the greatest so he would balance her out if she turned out to be a pain.
    And luckily I have heard no more talk about the matter from him so far, and thanks for the advice, it makes it seem not so bad.
    Last edited by White Wolf Of Solomon; 11-28-2006 at 10:42 PM.
    The name White Wolf is synonymous with honor,and it will live on in the minds of his friends and foes alike.

That the fear will leave us when we know He is with us and it is wonderful.

They had been defected and excommunicated
    and all the pulses were subverted
    and they made sure that the obituaries showed pictures of smoke stacks
    150 mph club

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Well my parents split when I was five. But then they got re-married after 3 months. My mom went into depression and could not function so my dad re-married. Yeah pretty weird time.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

My parents got divorced when I was about 12 (21 now). The fact is, they were obviously unhappy together, and their unhappiness was affecting myself and my 3 siblings negatively. I was too young to say I was "glad" when my father moved out...but old enough to realize it was a change for the better.

About a year later my father remarried. My stepmother is a woman I have known all my life, but never liked. Not to worry, because she doesn't like me either. I don't live with them, and I don't like visiting because she makes me uncomfortable.

On the other hand, while they haven't married, my mother's significant other has been living with us for 3 1/2 years now. He's a good man, and makes her happy. Even if he weren't such a wonderful father figure for me, I'd still like him for making my mother as happy as she is.

So, in my case, I've experienced a little bit of both. I'd say if you get along with her now, then you will adjust to living with her. Keep in mind that this is a change on her end as well. You're both going to have to work together to find a happy medium.

Junior Member mars_mp_link is infamous around these parts mars_mp_link is infamous around these parts mars_mp_link is infamous around these parts mars_mp_link is infamous around these parts mars_mp_link is infamous around these parts mars_mp_link is infamous around these parts mars_mp_link is infamous around these parts mars_mp_link is infamous around these parts mars_mp_link is infamous around these parts mars_mp_link is infamous around these parts mars_mp_link is infamous around these parts mars_mp_link's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2006 06:21 AM
    Threads

hey how do i make a new post
    mars_mp_link

Closed Thread

Thread Information