AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Hmm..IS there a god?

Senior Member Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2017 10:29 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Mohammad received it directly from God by Angel Gabriel. There is no third party in this one. This is another story and history lesson.
    Right here, you call this a history lesson?? If you accept this as historical fact then of course you have to believe the word of the Qur'an is divine. Everything you have said is just a bunch of circular logic leading us back to your "history lesson." I have no idea where you learned history from, but I would like to tell you that what you have here is in no way historical fact.

Muhammad challenged the best poets and storytellers of the day to match the breathtaking elegance and the broad sweep of the divine text. They couldn’t.
    Contemporary sensibilities are not immune to the magnetic force of the Qur’an. Stories abound of people entering Islam after listening to a recitation of it, or reading it in translation. Cat Stevens, the British folk singer, converted and became Yusuf Islam after he read a copy given to him by his brother. Cassius Clay also converted after reading the Qur’an and became Muhammad Ali.
    Ok..So you can't match the "elegance"...and this somehow makes it divine?? I saw a wonderful piece of art today. I don't think anyone could do anything as beautiful as this painting so full of perfection, and yet I am under the impression that this art piece was made by a memeber of the human race. If we are to believe that those things that possess magnetic force and cannot be reproduced are divine, then we have quite a few other divine things here on this Earth... including the works of Shakespeare and a good number of poems by Robert Frost.

You seem to think that the existence of the Qur'an itself is proof that a God exists. If that is all the "proof" you need then that's fine....But in fact you have no proof what so ever..and you would do well as to not call it such around those who know the true meaning of the word.

Member Hohenheim's Legacy is a jewel in the rough Hohenheim's Legacy is a jewel in the rough Hohenheim's Legacy is a jewel in the rough Hohenheim's Legacy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2006 09:48 PM
    Threads

Who here believes in fireballs and shooting lightening out of hands?

Who believes God is good?

Senior Member Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2023 12:58 AM
    Threads

I believe in God. If it wasn't for God I owuld have been dead a long time ago.
    "Tsuki ni kawatte, oshiokiyo!" ~ Tsukino Usagi

Member Hohenheim's Legacy is a jewel in the rough Hohenheim's Legacy is a jewel in the rough Hohenheim's Legacy is a jewel in the rough Hohenheim's Legacy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Darien
    I believe in God. If it wasn't for God I owuld have been dead a long time ago.
    Well you see, I believe in God but not the God that we worship. The reason is because Man created religion.

WHO HERE BELIEVES WE'RE EQUAL TO GOD? SURELY NO ONE WOULD. SO GIVEN THAT, HOW CAN WE EVEN COMPREHEND GOD? IF WE WERE TO UNDERSTAND OUR CREATOR THEN ARE WE NOT ASCENDING TO THE LEVEL OF GOD? GOD IS NEITHER BAD OR GOOD, THOSE ARE HUMAN ATTRIBUTES. TO ASSOCIATE GOD WITH SUCH ATTRIBUTE THEN GOD HAS HUMAN QUALITIES? GOD IS NEUTRAL. GOD IS EVERYTHING AND NOTHING. I'M GREATFUL FOR MAN'S RELIGION BUT RELIGION IS STILL A PRODUCT OF MANKIND. This is just my opinion. I mean no disrespect to anyone. If anyone feels offended I apologize.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hohenheim's Legacy
    Well you see, I believe in God but not the God that we worship. The reason is because Man created religion.

WHO HERE BELIEVES WE'RE EQUAL TO GOD? SURELY NO ONE WOULD. SO GIVEN THAT, HOW CAN WE EVEN COMPREHEND GOD? IF WE WERE TO UNDERSTAND OUR CREATOR THEN ARE WE NOT ASCENDING TO THE LEVEL OF GOD? GOD IS NEITHER BAD OR GOOD, THOSE ARE HUMAN ATTRIBUTES. TO ASSOCIATE GOD WITH SUCH ATTRIBUTE THEN GOD HAS HUMAN QUALITIES? GOD IS NEUTRAL. GOD IS EVERYTHING AND NOTHING. I'M GREATFUL FOR MAN'S RELIGION BUT RELIGION IS STILL A PRODUCT OF MANKIND. This is just my opinion. I mean no disrespect to anyone. If anyone feels offended I apologize.
    To quote Nietzsche.

"God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we, murderers of all murderers, console ourselves? That which was the holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet possessed has bled to death under our knives. Who will wipe this blood off us? With what water could we purify ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we not ourselves become gods simply to be worthy of it?"

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen
    To quote Nietzsche.

"God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we, murderers of all murderers, console ourselves? That which was the holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet possessed has bled to death under our knives. Who will wipe this blood off us? With what water could we purify ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we not ourselves become gods simply to be worthy of it?"
    You put it eloquently.
    "But the dream, unrealas love, persists."

I only speak americanese manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Doh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2011 01:37 PM
    Threads

hmmm... you guys know this thread will go on unless it is closed, and then there will be another, and another and another thread....this shouldn't have been started
    "...and now abides faith, hope, and love, but the greatest of these is love..."

But this would've been my Avatar:

MangaPage

Join up for a chance to win Azumanga Daioh or Moribito full anime box sets if you sign up before July 1st
    No that's not a joke...

Senior Member anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Gizmo Pocky Gemini
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 06:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: tehpaddleduck

Tis true.....hmmmmm, but tis neva a bad idea 2 express ones opinion ^_^

Senior Member Neko Kira is infamous around these parts Neko Kira is infamous around these parts Neko Kira's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2007 10:00 PM
    my dark little cave of a room with all the blinds pulled down.
    Threads

YES

go to church.
    ^.^ Neko Kira ^.^

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

If there is any divine being, I'm sure it'll show itself here in this thread after having seen how it troubles so many minds on t3h intarnet.

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Nokizaru: I already did that, but people don't take me seriously. It's so hard being god these days. It's like, if I set fire to a bush, they just call the fire brigade and put it out, instead of recognizing it as a holy omen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen
    I am god.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

When god does reveal him/herself (after all we don't really know which gender god is, or if he/she has a gender), I'm sure all the bloggers will put the proof into their MySpace/LJ and then soon all the world will know the truth. After all, isn't that how we learn the truth of things these days...via blogs?
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Senior Member Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2008 11:26 AM
    Threads

I think there is a God... ut I'm not 100%.... Everybody must belive in something or someone...

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫♪ ♫
    J-rock is my life... ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫♪ ♫

^myanimelist^
    Last.fm

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Aquarius Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neko Kira
    YES

go to church.
    NO

Church is a waste of time, energy, and intelligence.

love
    dani
    dude
    Last edited by Yugure's Goddess; 11-26-2006 at 06:28 PM.
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Member BlaydeZeken is infamous around these parts BlaydeZeken is infamous around these parts BlaydeZeken is infamous around these parts BlaydeZeken is infamous around these parts BlaydeZeken is infamous around these parts BlaydeZeken is infamous around these parts BlaydeZeken is infamous around these parts BlaydeZeken is infamous around these parts BlaydeZeken is infamous around these parts BlaydeZeken is infamous around these parts BlaydeZeken is infamous around these parts BlaydeZeken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-27-2007 05:38 PM
    Threads

Of course there is a god. Who d'you think Christians Pray to?
    Knight Of The Heavens

Sig by Seaturtle642

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by BlaydeZeken
    Cthulhu? Dieselmannen?

No one?

Probably no one, since the Greeks liked to worship Helios, who they TOTALLY KNEW pulled the sun across the sky. Totally.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Senior Member Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2017 10:29 PM
    Threads

Oh wow I read what you said all wrong Whispers! My bad!
    Last edited by Middy; 11-26-2006 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Complete misreading of last post

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

What, that since He is worshipped, He must exist? Not that confusing, since religions were invented by man, whenever they were needed.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by BlaydeZeken
    Myself, if they were smart.

Junior Member Sarahmoonstone is a jewel in the rough Sarahmoonstone is a jewel in the rough Sarahmoonstone is a jewel in the rough Sarahmoonstone is a jewel in the rough Sarahmoonstone's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2006 10:55 PM
    Threads

Ahh yes there's a God, if you don't believe in God thats cool, he gives you that choice.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahmoonstone
    Ahh yes there's a God, if you don't believe in God thats cool, he gives you that choice.
    At the cost of eternal hell in the afterlife?

Junior Member Sarahmoonstone is a jewel in the rough Sarahmoonstone is a jewel in the rough Sarahmoonstone is a jewel in the rough Sarahmoonstone is a jewel in the rough Sarahmoonstone's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2006 10:55 PM
    Threads

If you care about where you would be in the afterlife then Im sure you believe in God.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No, I.... ugh, nevermind. You completely missed my point.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahmoonstone
    God? Since this is the internet...

Pics or it didn't happen/doesn't exist.

~The God of Death~ -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2007 05:49 AM
    Threads

It really depends on what you think.
    Back..

Closed Thread

Thread Information