AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quit Playing Video Games

Dai DN Angel koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2008 04:58 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Quitting Playing Video Games

does anyone here think they could spend the rest of their life not playing video games ever again?

i haven't played anything in awhile.. i actually i think i could quit playing video games..

that doesn't mean i want to or am going to do it.. im just saying i think i could quit playing video games if i had to..
    Last edited by koikazeflip; 10-18-2006 at 08:03 AM.

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Jenova's Wrath

Then you shouldn't say anything at all. Sure some people may be obsessed with video games, but that gives you no right to tell them what to do. So in other words, do not put in threads like this because it causes people to get angry, and people will threaten you (hopefully not). Don't give Regex another thread to keep an eye on.

Senior Member Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution's Avatar
    Nerdy
    Gifts Black Beauty LesPauls Mic TNG Communicator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2012 12:28 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zeke Stryker XFIRE ID: Bignate101 Wii Code: 4265 2672 0811 8128

Obsessed is not the word i'd use.

Let me just say this: What you do is up to you. We that live to game and game to live will respect your opinion and support you as you "unplug" yourself, but we may not do the same.

If you think that you can go the rest of your life without video games, go for it. Make that a self goal. We in the "zombie zone" as my mother likes to call it, will continue gaming untill our fingers burn off out hands and our eyes bug out ten feet.
    Kaitou Ace: Before she gets eaten by zombies,
    let's change the camera angle so you can see her panties.
    Kaitou Ace: repeat *100

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Yeah i can. Video games are not some like god like thing to me where it matters so much to me. Yeah i could do it.

Member lostboi is on a distinguished road lostboi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2007 02:21 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by koikazeflip
    does anyone here think they could spend the rest of their life not playing video games ever again?

i haven't played anything in awhile.. i actually i think i could quit playing video games..

that doesn't mean i want to or am going to do it.. im just saying i think i could quit playing video games if i had to..
    i had the same feeling once for about a good 2 months didnt play at all but back in the day when they were came out with tales of legendia i thout it looked awesome so i played that now im back on the video games
    I Traveled A long Journey thus im never done that is why im The Lostboi i follow no Direction i make my own path

Senior Member BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 05:02 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ask me for it Steam ID: askmeforit

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBalance
    Then you shouldn't say anything at all. Sure some people may be obsessed with video games, but that gives you no right to tell them what to do. So in other words, do not put in threads like this because it causes people to get angry, and people will threaten you (hopefully not). Don't give Regex another thread to keep an eye on.
    The original poster is not telling anyone what to do. They are just asking a question. The wording of the original post's subject line may make it seem as though the original poster is criticising gamers (maybe "Quitting Playing Video Games" would be more accurate), but the actual content of that post indicates nothing of the sort.

Regarding the topic... I could never quit playing video games. I think video games are one of the most entertaining forms of mass media out there. I love the challenge and variety they present.

However, a member of another forum I go to supposedly went to rehab because he became so addicted to video games... I do hope that doesn't happen to me.
    Get some exercise this summer and raise money to fight disease. Find a free charity walk in your area:
    AIDS Walk | Walk to Defeat ALS | Walk MS | Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
    Light The Night for Leukemia & Lymphona | Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis

Dai DN Angel koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2008 04:58 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisMan
    The original poster is not telling anyone what to do. They are just asking a question. The wording of the original post's subject line may make it seem as though the original poster is criticising gamers (maybe "Quitting Playing Video Games" would be more accurate), but the actual content of that post indicates nothing of the sort.
    yea.. i guess i should have titled the thread a little better.. im not saying for everyone to quit playing video games.. seriously why would i say that?

im just asking a general question if people COULD quit playing games.. i've been playing video games for about 12-13 years now and i can't imagine having lived my life without them.. but im going through a period where i haven't played anything in awhile.. so i think i could playing video games if i had to.. that's why i asked the question..
    Last edited by koikazeflip; 10-18-2006 at 08:47 AM.

Senior Member Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2007 05:06 AM
    Threads

I guess anyone could if they HAD to.

But, I certainly would be a miserable human being.
    .candy coated disposable teen.

The Blue Fighter The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2014 03:13 AM
    Im living in this world half dead half alive finding myself.....
    Threads

i would be bored outta my mind without games

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

I know I couldn't,(unless I really had to, under some unrealitic circumstance) what would torture me most is watching other people playing them and wanting to try it out or play with/against them.
    A MaruDashi Creation

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

If I wanted to, I could quit. I'm definately not addicted, but I'd be bored. Most likely, I'd end up reading more to fill the time.

It'd break my heart to know I had to give up Ico and Zelda forever, but I could live without them.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

AF's moxy foxy furry gal vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2009 06:12 PM
    on the ragged edge of world i'll roam and the home of the wolf will be my home...
    Threads

yeah i bet i could..........easly, havnt played in awhile and only in five mintues a sitting cuz they never fail to bring on flashbacks -.-;;; very annoying
    im a proud furry =3 you dun like it? kiss muh furry but!! D:<

--my wolf pack-

*is under construction*

Anime Fanatic Old_Toonami_Fangirl is on a distinguished road Old_Toonami_Fangirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2006 07:37 AM
    Threads

I don't think I could go the rest of my life without playing video games. If I did that, I would be bored out of my mind. I just couldn't do that.

Chibi Chibi Is so adorable.

Member Sarix is an unknown quantity at this point Sarix's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2006 11:40 PM
    Threads

man i havent played n a while but i dont think i could quit cuz wat would i do when im bored

*in love with kyle busch* Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:01 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ami~chan
    If I wanted to, I could quit. I'm definately not addicted, but I'd be bored. Most likely, I'd end up reading more to fill the time.

It'd break my heart to know I had to give up Ico and Zelda forever, but I could live without them.
    Ami~chan and I seem to be on the same page here. If I wanted to hang up my controllers, lock up my handhelds, and never use my mouse for video gaming purposes ever again - I could do it. If I wanted to quit I could quit. But I don't want to; in fact, gaming is a passion of mine, and not just some throwaway hobby that I would drop in an instant. Sure, I could occupy my time in other ways, but they wouldn't be as fun. I could live without Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Final Fantasy, etc; but that doesn't mean that I want to.

Procrastinator Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 01:04 AM
    Threads

I'd live, I say that, but I wouldn't be very happy. xD I mean, I can barely stand being away from the computer for no more than at least 3 weeks! o_O
    Check out my DA:
    http://snickeringdoodles.deviantart.com/

And my Photobucket:
    http://s54.photobucket.com/home/TokyoMiko/index

And my Gaia username is Fetal Fetish.

See you guys around~

¤Ecstacy ♥ gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2009 03:46 PM
    Threads

Depends, if they quit the Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy series and never came out with anything cool again AND they burned and estoyed all the cool games including Mario ;D
    Then I say I could quit playing.

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Games, I occasionally play them, but not much. If something strange happened and I was required to quit...then it'd be alright.
    Except for maybe DDR and the adventure games...lol.
    A shooting game I could quit.

Member YoKu will become famous soon enough YoKu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2007 04:40 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by alter dude2
    i would be bored outta my mind without games
    Agreed.
    There is no past, present, or future.

Anime Fanatic Old_Toonami_Fangirl is on a distinguished road Old_Toonami_Fangirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2006 07:37 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix
    man i havent played n a while but i dont think i could quit cuz wat would i do when im bored
    yeah I know right??

Chibi Chibi Is so adorable.

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

With the lack of innovations in videogames and the decline in original storylines and gameplay (Fourteen years ago, people expected alot more out of videogames.Sort of like how in the 60s people thought we would have made RocketCars by now..) , quitting videogames really would not be that hard.

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

Nerdius Maximus Gorion1928 has a spectacular aura about Gorion1928 has a spectacular aura about Gorion1928 has a spectacular aura about Gorion1928's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2009 09:26 PM
    Threads

Only if I had a problem, like an addiction. As it is I only play for less than 10 hours a week any way, so I think I'm good.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

-Douglas Adams

Member Steven JR. is infamous around these parts Steven JR. is infamous around these parts Steven JR. is infamous around these parts Steven JR. is infamous around these parts Steven JR. is infamous around these parts Steven JR. is infamous around these parts Steven JR. is infamous around these parts Steven JR. is infamous around these parts Steven JR. is infamous around these parts Steven JR. is infamous around these parts Steven JR. is infamous around these parts Steven JR.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2008 09:59 PM
    Threads

Default Are You Nuts

Asking Me To Do That Is Like Asking Me To Jump Off The Empire States Building
    ZOMFG I JUST SAW SOMETHING INSANE!!!!!!!!

Senior Member DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2009 02:41 PM
    Threads

I could if I wanted to, I just dont want to.
    I'm as graceful as a gazelle galloping over glistening green grass with it's head on fire.

Anything you want to say to me? PM me.

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

I couldnt possibly cut myself off of gaming, as I'm currently banned from them from playing too much, I could live without playing but only for so long.
    Derp.

Closed Thread

Thread Information