AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The 5 Most Ineffective Anti-Drug Ads of All Time

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The 5 Most Ineffective Anti-Drug Ads of All Time

I love anti-drug ads. They're wacky, weird, condescending, and often rather ridiculous. It seems i'm not the only one. While surfing on this weird world called the internet. I found a very amusing article.

5 Most Ineffective Anti-Drug Ads of All Time

I particuarly love the last one involving the diving board. That was a riot.

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Lol!! "everyone seems to be having one dandy ol' time"
    Point taken though, those were awful, lol that stuffs just going to confuse kids. I remember a few of those when I was little, I never got the 'egg thing' and now that I'm older I dont feel so bad because it STILL makes no friggin sense. Haha

Btw, I know its suppose to be serious, but I loved watching that one chick (Rachel leigh) go apeshizat and start breaking everything.
    Last edited by Buruku; 09-18-2006 at 06:10 PM.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Senior Member Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2007 01:53 PM
    Threads

I must say, the advertisement that they have now is very stupid, and kinda contradicting. That one where the guy says he smoked pot and nothing bad happened to him, and he had a better chance of dying out on the streets than on a couch in some dude's basement. Now granted, thats a dull life to live, but heck, whatever keeps ya alive is fine by me, XD. I know the approach they were trying to take, but they just......took it the wrong way. Kinda made it seem like smoking weed is safer than hanging out with your friends at the movies. Eh, thought it was kinda lame.

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

An amusing little ad I found from good ole Australia. This was part of a large anti-drug campaign. Unfortunately for the Government, it was basically laughed at by the public. It's a shame I can't find the one about Speed, that was an absolute riot.

Australian Anti-Ecstasy Ad

Anyways, it's kind of funny after the bit about the girl dying and the other depressed one, we have somebody with *dun dun dun* A CRACKED TOOTH!

the darkness in the light _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2010 06:14 AM
    Threads

Default i got one

i dont know if u have seen but that one about smoking weed where the guys just sit on a couch....
    the voice over says... i diddnt drive a car and crash when i smoke weed i just sat on the couch ... i diddnt go to the soccer game i just sat on the couch

most stoners would just laugh at that not stop smoking
    it would just entertain them
    Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
    nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

Searching for Paradise White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2007 10:07 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by _-Midnight-_
    i dont know if u have seen but that one about smoking weed where the guys just sit on a couch....
    the voice over says... i diddnt drive a car and crash when i smoke weed i just sat on the couch ... i diddnt go to the soccer game i just sat on the couch

most stoners would just laugh at that not stop smoking
    it would just entertain them
    Yeah I recall that one although it was a bit different it showed the pot-heads little brother talking about how lame his older pot-head brother was because he was a pot-head,But even though these ads may be funny (ill admit I got a laugh out of them) They were all made for a good reason, To try and show kids that chemical release is a bad choice, But yeah I have seen some that although had good intentions behind them, they were just really stupid
    The name White Wolf is synonymous with honor,and it will live on in the minds of his friends and foes alike.

That the fear will leave us when we know He is with us and it is wonderful.

They had been defected and excommunicated
    and all the pulses were subverted
    and they made sure that the obituaries showed pictures of smoke stacks
    150 mph club

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't know, I think they are effective... I've never done drugs purely because I'm afraid that Rachel Leigh Cook will beat the hell out of me. She's freakin' crazy.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000
    I don't know, I think they are effective... I've never done drugs purely because I'm afraid that Rachel Leigh Cook will beat the hell out of me. She's freakin' crazy.
    Bah hah no joke!
    A MaruDashi Creation

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hmmm being afraid of one costumed lunatic due to her destructive efforts. Yet supporting another for President. Talk about ironic.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Arrrr!!!! You leave Rorschach out of this, landlubber!
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 09-19-2006 at 12:18 AM. Reason: forgot to Pirate-ize

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think the worst ad ever was the Meth ones we had locally recently. They actually had to be taken off the air, because they were too gorey.

It'd show a close up of someone plucking thier eyebrows, and plucking them, and then it'd zoom out and show thier whole face, and thier other eyebrow was missing and bleeding and skin was gone... and pussing... it was disgusting. But it was true, for meth addicts. However, more kids did meth from that ad, than stopped using it.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Don SGI
    An amusing little ad I found from good ole Australia. This was part of a large anti-drug campaign. Unfortunately for the Government, it was basically laughed at by the public. It's a shame I can't find the one about Speed, that was an absolute riot.

Australian Anti-Ecstasy Ad

Anyways, it's kind of funny after the bit about the girl dying and the other depressed one, we have somebody with *dun dun dun* A CRACKED TOOTH!
    Ha...I remember seeing that one over there ^^;

I always find the most effective ads are simple...leave a lot of the imagining to the viewer.

One I will never forget was an anti-guns-in-the-home ad. Kid has his friend over and is showing him around the house and into his parent's room, as they're out. Kid says, "Hey, I'll show you something REALLY cool!" and digs excitedly through a closet. Cut to the friend's parents, who are relaxing back at home, discussing how nice it is to have time to themselves. Serene...peaceful... Cut back to the kids. The first kid pulls out a gun from a box in the closet, says it belongs to his father. His friend is surprised and excited. First kid points the gun at him to mock-shoot him. The screen goes black. There is the sound of a gunshot.

Effective. There's emotional attachment at work here. It made me not only never forget it, but also feel effected by it.

Another example. Ad against drunk driving. (This one is a little fuzzy, but memorable as a whole) We see a guy driving past a roadside memorial for another kid. He stops, gets out of the car, and places flowers on the site. All the while there is text along the bottom telling us that the kid was killed by a drunk driver. As the guy starts to break down we see the words, "He was the driver."

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That commercial with the frying egg was the one that came out when I was young (so that just shows how old I really am). I wasn't quite sure what it was about. It was memorable enough, but I was already disinclined to use mind altering chemicals anyway. So I can't say that any ad would've had any real effect on me. I think having bad tasting meds when I was a child dissuaded me from ever wanting anything remotely like that again.
    Last edited by Myrra; 09-19-2006 at 07:27 AM.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

I've seen so many lame anti drug ads now that they all blur into one. My thoughts for an anti drug ad would be something realistic and to the point. For example:

Words appear on the screen. "So you want to do drugs? Think twice about it:"

Scene change to 18 year old idiot teenager smokes dope on a street. Police drive by and see him, chases ensues. Police officer tazes him for running then drives his face into the cement as he tackles him.

Fast forward to the guy in prison or some junk. He sits on his cell bed only to see some huge fat bald guy with a goatee sit next to him and say "tonight we'll be sharing a bed" in a non-suggestive tone. The scene fades with the kid looking both regretful and terrified as fatty mcgay gingerly strokes his finger down the kids arm.

Enough of this stupid "dduhh im so lazy lol" lame commercials or where some guy is talking about how captain america doesn't do drugs and therefore he doesn't either. Fight the reality of drugs with ... this is crazy but; reality.

Evil but Friendly FaroDomisai is infamous around these parts FaroDomisai is infamous around these parts FaroDomisai is infamous around these parts FaroDomisai is infamous around these parts FaroDomisai is infamous around these parts FaroDomisai is infamous around these parts FaroDomisai is infamous around these parts FaroDomisai is infamous around these parts FaroDomisai is infamous around these parts FaroDomisai is infamous around these parts FaroDomisai is infamous around these parts FaroDomisai's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2009 09:33 PM
    Threads

in my point of view anit drug ads arent going to help stop the number of drug uses only very little will listen..to the ads and stop but they have to try harder

For I am not the one Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2010 10:44 AM
    Threads

shallow end is a good anti drug ads and Rachel Leigh Cook is a scary lady

i hope i couldnt never do drugs

Senior Member Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2007 01:53 PM
    Threads

I think its sad that society has been reduced to making advertisements on TV about it. I mean if you don't take your parents word for it, or your teachers word for it, or the number of deaths that were caused by it, you have the stoner mind set alrighty.

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle

Well I think the ones out here are pretty damn good and effective. This Montana Meth Project has come up with very very good TV, radio commercial ads and bill board ads that make anyone cringe. I must say, these ads scare me. I don't think I even want to know what meth is. As for the ones back home, not so attention grabbing.

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bibi of the blue sea
    Well I think the ones out here are pretty damn good and effective. This Montana Meth Project has come up with very very good TV, radio commercial ads and bill board ads that make anyone cringe. I must say, these ads scare me. I don't think I even want to know what meth is. As for the ones back home, not so attention grabbing.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamine

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Closed Thread

Thread Information