AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Teen Pregnancy

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless111
    Okay, that's out of my system. Teens having sex is wrong, not just by religion, but by law. At least where I'm from, if two kids under 16 engage in sexual activities, it's illegal. So, society and religion says it's wrong.
    What the damn hell? Do you live in some backwater woods town in the buckle of the Bible belt or something?

The ONLY time sex for teens is illegal is if one of them is under the age of consent and the other is not, because then it's considered statutory rape. And considering your views, I think only your society finds it wrong, 'cos mine doesn't.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Whispers
    What the damn hell? Do you live in some backwater woods town in the buckle of the Bible belt or something?

The ONLY time sex for teens is illegal is if one of them is under the age of consent and the other is not, because then it's considered statutory rape. And considering your views, I think only your society finds it wrong, 'cos mine doesn't.
    Yup, that's one way to describe Michigan. And where are you from? Because I'd hate to be ignorant about your state's laws before shooting my mouth off, which is what you were. Oh well.

But much of America is chiding teen sex, at least the politicans (the up-tights that are currently also against abortion and other stuff concerning the body). And all the health classes I've been to say teen sex will happen, but you should have safe sex. But more so, it's better to practice abstinence. Which, to me, sounds like "Don't have sex, ya moron! Get some education before you unzip your pants!"

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ahaha Michigan. Oh my God that is beautiful. Aahhaaha.

And of COURSE the politicians are chiding teen sex. THE PARENTS ARE THE VOTERS. And even if they had sex as teenagers, a lot of them don't want them having it young. Not just because they wish they hadn't done it, but because parents thinking of their kids doing that always seems to make 'em uneasy.

And rather than practice abstinence, people could teach being a non-idiot about it. Seriously, not all teenagers are dipcraps when it comes to sex and DEFINATELY not all of them will end up with some horrendous tropical mucus or pregnant.

Mini_Twilight's Slave Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2008 09:01 PM
    Threads

Lets play nice in this thread.

Oh and by the way, teen sex was ok in the united states before. Go back a hundred years and you will see that girls were getting married at like 12 to 15 and having families. It is just how society changed over time.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm glad you find Michigan amusing, although I'm also offended that you'd be so repugnant about my state's law and be so ignorant and distasteful toward "my society".

And since the politicans are the ones running the society and the parents are part of society, it is the majority of America's society saying that teen sex is wrong. So maybe you don't live in the States?

Teens are idiots when it comes to sex. Trust me, I've seen it all first-hand. Sex Ed. helps and even teach you how to use different types of protection, but that doesn't mean all the teenagers are going to do that. Instead, I have to deal with a stupid, knocked-up girl whining in my English class. We all took Health class in freshman year and BAM! next year, this girl is baby-bound.

Abstinence is 100% protection against STDs and pregnancy, thusly is encouraged.

And my guess is, you're 17? 18? You're probably sexually active, which is also okay, but that's the reason you are all for teen sex? You maybe live on the West Coast... California, maybe? Their laws are different from Michigan's, and so you call us "Bible-belting backwoods town" because minors are allowed to have sex with other minors where you live.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean Bandit
    Lets play nice in this thread.

Oh and by the way, teen sex was ok in the united states before. Go back a hundred years and you will see that girls were getting married at like 12 to 15 and having families. It is just how society changed over time.
    Also, if you go back hundreds of years, you'll find that life-spans were shorter and as soon as the girl was capable of having a baby that she was married off.
    Last edited by Faceless111; 09-03-2006 at 03:07 AM.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Um....Faceless....I live in Cali too. And I find teen sex quite distasteful. But I realize that teens are not going to stop having sex despite the efforts of people who are generally smarter and always more experienced. Can't we just take the last generations word for it? We're not ready. Period.

I just turned 19 and I only recently had sex for the first time. The reason I did it is because I am in love and I plan to marry her. (yeah, it was gay sex, but sex is still sex) And to be honest I don't think I am ready even now to be making decisions like that. And mind you, I consider myself quite mature.

But uhm..correct me if I'm wrong but this thread should be about teen pregnancy, not teen sex. I know they generally go hand in hand, but I honestly don't see myself or my lovely gf getting pregnant anytime soon (or at least I should hope not O_o) even though we are "sexually active".

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus
    Um....Faceless....I live in Cali too. And I find teen sex quite distasteful. But I realize that teens are not going to stop having sex despite the efforts of people who are generally smarter and always more experienced. Can't we just take the last generations word for it? We're not ready. Period.
    That's exactly what I've been saying. Teenagers are generally idiots.
    edit: I mean to say that teens don't take that sort of advice and make the stupid mistakes that the last generation tried to prevent them from doing.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

That's exactly what I've been saying. Teenagers are generally idiots.
    Yeah, but you can't tell them that. Then they get all "no one understands me!" on us. >.> And no one needs that drama.

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

Im not for it or against it. Just as long as the teenager wants and knows the conciquences of it. My sister did, but my [Removed] dad made her get an abortion, she had a feeling that she should have the baby.
    anyways,
    Humans were created to do one thing: to reproduce, not to watch grass grow.
    Last edited by Missy; 09-03-2006 at 04:29 AM.
    Derp.

grabbed the Devil's nuts. Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2006 11:46 AM
    Threads

Sheeesh! Are you people still complaining about Teen Sex and STD's ?
    --> <--

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

And since the politicans are the ones running the society and the parents are part of society, it is the majority of America's society saying that teen sex is wrong. So maybe you don't live in the States?
    Yeah, I do live in the US. I just happen to think that traditionalists are quite often causing stagnation in advancements. 30 years ago the thought of gay marriage didn't even exist; nowadays it's started becoming a possibility (or in the eyes of traditionalists, a threat) because things change. Meanings of words are not excluded from being changed. And the older generation always thinks the younger is less capable of handling things in general, sex especially.
    Teens are idiots when it comes to sex. Trust me, I've seen it all first-hand. Sex Ed. helps and even teach you how to use different types of protection, but that doesn't mean all the teenagers are going to do that. Instead, I have to deal with a stupid, knocked-up girl whining in my English class. We all took Health class in freshman year and BAM! next year, this girl is baby-bound.
    Yes, because if two or three girls in a class get knocked up, clearly they're all irresponsible. Right.
    Abstinence is 100% protection against STDs and pregnancy, thusly is encouraged.
    Have fun doing that, then. Avoiding sex doesn't necessarily mean you'll be responsible about it when it comes to it, though.
    And my guess is, you're 17? 18? You're probably sexually active, which is also okay, but that's the reason you are all for teen sex?
    Right on the first, wrong on the second. I'm not "all for" teen sex - I advise against sex before 18, but I don't find it wrong (although I generally don't find sexuality and morality ever crossing paths, but that's something to discuss another day). Sex is their choice to have, and thusly should deal with any consequences on their own. If they want to have it, not because of peer pressure but purely for themselves, there's a pretty good chance they're ready for it, even if they aren't entirely ready for the aftermath.

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

I'm the product of a teen pregnancy, and I turned out just dandy. My mom managed to continue school, and have a great life.

Anyways, teen pregnancy, like most/all pregnancies, can be prevented. Use protection! For Christ's sake, you're some kind of idiot if you have unprotected sex and then are shocked when you discover you're pregnant. It's pretty easy to get a hold of a condom nowdays, and birth control is normally over ninty-five percent effective when taken correctly.

If someone is going to have sex, they need to consider all the consequences. It might turn out to be a wonderful experience, and nothing will happen. You could also get pregnant, or get a STD. I've said this so many times: Keep your freakin' head on about it, and everything will be much easier.

Technically, I'm still a teenager. I'll be seventeen in exactly one week; I've been sexually active for a year or two now. However, I've been with the guy for two and a half years, and whenever we do the deed, we always use protection. ALWAYS. Even though my fiance and I love kids, we don't want one now. I've been on birth control for about two years now, and we use a condom everytime. We're not going to take a chance. And odds are, if we continue to keep our heads on about it, I won't get pregnant.

But yes, abstinence is 100% effective against pregnancy and STDs. However, just because you plan to skip out on sex doesn't mean you shouldn't be educated. Knowing the about different kinds of protection is a must, so if you ever do get in a situation where you might have sex, you'll know what to do.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ami~chan
    However, just because you plan to skip out on sex doesn't mean you shouldn't be educated. Knowing the about different kinds of protection is a must, so if you ever do get in a situation where you might have sex, you'll know what to do.
    lol Does that go for me too? ^_^ Yeah I do still risk getting an STD, but to be quite honest it was both of our first time.

You know, it is my opinion that if you're not ready to have a child, then you're not ready to have sex. Though I'm a bit confused to whether that general rule of thumb works for me...

However Ami~Chan, I can see that you would be prepared to take care of one if the need arises. You're lucky.
    Last edited by Capernicus; 09-03-2006 at 05:23 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why is everybody saying that abstinence means you're uneducated about sex? Did I say something to imply that?

Since this is just going into a dead end, I won't bother with another post after this.

Yeah, I do live in the US. I just happen to think that traditionalists are quite often causing stagnation in advancements. 30 years ago the thought of gay marriage didn't even exist; nowadays it's started becoming a possibility (or in the eyes of traditionalists, a threat) because things change. Meanings of words are not excluded from being changed. And the older generation always thinks the younger is less capable of handling things in general, sex especially.
    Gay marriage? How the hell did that get into this conversation? Traditionalists? Stagnation? What are you talking about? We're talking about teen pregnancy, which is nothing new. Teen pregnancy has gone back to before these "traditionalists" were born. It's not the traditionalists that fear this change, because nothing has changed. And the youth are generally less capable in everything.

Yes, because if two or three girls in a class get knocked up, clearly they're all irresponsible. Right.
    Sarcasm aside. No, it just means that they're idiots and it shows that there are stupid teenagers.

If they want to have it, not because of peer pressure but purely for themselves, there's a pretty good chance they're ready for it, even if they aren't entirely ready for the aftermath.
    If they aren't ready for the aftermath, they aren't ready for sex. Dealing with the product of sex is part of the business, so they have to be ready for that as well as doing the dirty.

And I think some people seem to be under the impression that I'm saying abstinence is the only way. I'm not say that. I'm saying use protection, but if you want to be completely free of worry, just don't do it.

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

If they aren't ready for the aftermath, they aren't ready for sex. Dealing with the product of sex is part of the business, so they have to be ready for that as well as doing the dirty.
    Aha! That's what I said. ^_^
    Last edited by Capernicus; 09-03-2006 at 05:25 PM.

Rukia Kun: MINE♥ der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2006 05:26 PM
    Threads

okay, I just found out last nite that this girl who used to live by me got pregnant, and shes only just turned 13.... her older sister used to joke and say that her little sister was a *****, but I thought she was just being mean. then I found out that her mom wasn't mad to hear that she had sex but that they didn't use a rubber. for the love of God the girl's only 13! and the mom had nothing wrong with it?!
    I'll update once I get more info

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why is everybody saying that abstinence means you're uneducated about sex? Did I say something to imply that?
    That may be because a surprisingly large number think that if they know about abstinence, nothing bad will happen ever, and that anal sex and oral sex are good to go.
    And the youth are generally less capable in everything.
    O_o define everything.
    Sarcasm aside. No, it just means that they're idiots and it shows that there are stupid teenagers.
    There are stupid teenagers just as there are stupid adults. What you're doing is grouping every teenager together as one big, stupid group.
    Although I agree that that's how it should be, I'm afraid it's a bit deeper than that. Being mentally and physically ready for the act of sex is not on the same level as being ready for children.

thank ur lucky *stars* PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 10:33 PM
    Threads

In my personal opinion (like everyone else here!), teen pregnancy is the result of:

1) Stupid teenage girls who just want to fool around and have unprotected sex with guys, just for the pure pleasure of it.

2) Young girls who wish to prove to their parents that they are able to give birth and raise another human being.

To me, teen pregnancy is very...depressing. It just disturbs me to see such young girls with children and it bothers me to know that they basically threw their lives away at such a young age. Children and teenagers should really finish school and get their lives straight before they decide to become pregnant, and that's what I intend to do. However, I probably won't be having kids for at least another 10 years...

I'm a Jhonen Vasquez fan! Yay for me! (http://sianach.org/jhonen)

Z?

thanks to "sleeves" @ livejournal for the avatar!

I used to be "inuyasha_rox_my_sox1089". I'm not so sure about this new name tbqh...

cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2007 07:25 PM
    Threads

i think that teen pregnancy is a bad thing especaily if the girl is 12 to 15 years old because usually she will get shunned at school not many girls will want to actaully talk to her. but she knows it but she still takes her chance. even if ur 18 u shouldnt get pregnant ur not mature u already have many other things u have to deal with and ppl commite suicide without having babies whats gona happen when u have to take care of someone else's life someone that has the same flesh and blood as u. also u'd feel guilty i mean u cant not take care of the baby u have to. so its just more stress. and barely do u actaully find a the father of the child stick with the mother most of them just run off and find some other victum.

teens should always careful not to get into those situations because there are painful, humillitaing at least i think so, and they r just more responsiblity and it ties to not do things u want to do. like going to parties or even going to college or even getting married later on. thats my openuion and im really strong about it because i knew this girl who had a baby she got scared at the begining and then she got happy cuz she'll feel mature and all but when the baby came she got depressed and started smoking and drinking and even doing drugs. she rouined her life and her baby's life cuz the baby will grow up with no father, the mother is alcholoic and when some asks them when they grow up who there parents r or where r they they will hate there parents and hate the day the came into this world. i've seen it happen before.

so its just better not to rush things. there is a time for everything and there is sweetness to everything like the moment u'd get the baby but the differance is that u'd get the baby at the right time.
    *lost in the world of broken and dead hearts,
    traped in the mist of ones who lied,
    confused by how foolish i am ,
    wanting to disappear in my world alone with ones who care for me,
    is that forbidden to ask that-tell me someone*

sig by Nespa thank u so much ur awsome !!! lol ^.^
    the famous Crimson Soul the best stalker ever

Senior Member Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2008 06:06 AM
    Threads

I take the stand that teen pregnancy is wrong. There are mainly 3 kinds of teenage girls who would agree to having sex:

1. Afraid that their boyfriend would leave them if they don't submit themselves to their desire
    2. Girls who love sex, wants to experience the 'thrill' of it and they find sex partners
    3. Just curious about it

It's scary to me that girls at 12 would get pregnant, but they might be ignorant of the consequences(by giving them the benefit of the doubt) so they made mistakes. I've also learnt from sex education that condoms are not 100% safe but some are very lucky when they don't get pregnant even after using it lots of times. Some don't know that condom arn't all that safe, thus getting pregnant.

I've had an experience where a girl aged 16 in my school got pregnant and my friends kept saying what a terrible girl she is, getting into pregnancy yada yada... Countless problems arises during pregnancy. Question is, can teen mothers handle it?? The mentality of certain girls(from what I know) is that ''getting pregnant is no big deal!!! Just get an abortion and everything will return to normal anyway''

It's sad. Because the process of abortion is just, horrible. Some teens who went through abortion fell into depression, because the thought of aborting their child in the past begin to haunt them.

I think the most important thing is that those who made mistakes would learn from it and not fall further. In the same way, people around would learn from their mistakes too.
    Last edited by Anna-san; 09-07-2006 at 09:42 PM.

The Mental Hazard _Anonymous_ is a splendid one to behold _Anonymous_ is a splendid one to behold _Anonymous_ is a splendid one to behold _Anonymous_ is a splendid one to behold _Anonymous_ is a splendid one to behold _Anonymous_ is a splendid one to behold _Anonymous_ is a splendid one to behold _Anonymous_ is a splendid one to behold _Anonymous_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2006 12:56 AM
    Threads

I myself do not believe in premarital sex, although I will not judge nor critisize anyone else for it...

Now, for more on the teen pregnancy issue... I think that it is more sad, than anything. I mean... it all depends on the situation... if you got raped, then there is nothing you really can do... (I don't support abortion myself, either, although I can understand it... being pregnant would scare me to death...). But... if you had sex with someone and it was an 'accident'... then that is your fault and you must take responsibility. I've never really thought about this alot so I am basically thinking as I type... I'm not going to go judging teen mother's... because I understand that it would be a very hard thing to go through, no matter what your situation. Hm... I do think that it is wrong... but I guess it really all just depends on your situation.... as I have previously stated.

Beautisimo set by dawnrune! <3

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

Not all teenagers who get pregnant are idiots who didn't use protection; not all of them are whores. In fact, most of them are normal girls who are no more sexually promiscuous than anyone else.

One of my best friends is four monthes into her pregnancy; she's a senior this year. She's refuses to allow the fact that she's pregnant make her ashamed of herself. People have stopped talking to her because she's pregnant, but it's their loss. She's still coming to school, she's still going to college, and she's still going to have a great life. Baby or not. She's seventeen; her boyfriend is twenty. Her parents would never press charges, since they've been seeing each other for three years now. Both of them are ready for the baby; they're living together, and they've began getting a room ready for the baby. I helped paint the damn thing.

So don't think all teenage mothers grow up to be welfare moms. Seriously, most of them turn out okay.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Senior Member Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2008 06:06 AM
    Threads

Your friend is very strong =)) I would like to know girls like her. One case I know, a girl threw her newborn baby into the rubbish dump after giving birth to it alone The baby died not long after

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That may be because a surprisingly large number think that if they know about abstinence, nothing bad will happen ever, and that anal sex and oral sex are good to go.
    Well, that's why people are stupid. If it has the word "sex" involved, it has something to do with sex. Anal, oral, and vaginal is all sex, I consider, since an STD can be transmitted by any of these actions.
    O_o define everything.
    1 a : all that exists b : all that relates to the subject
    2 : all that is important <you mean everything to me>
    3 : all sorts of other things -- used to indicate related but unspecified events, facts, or conditions <all the pains and colds and everything -- E. B. White>
    There are stupid teenagers just as there are stupid adults. What you're doing is grouping every teenager together as one big, stupid group.
    Not just teenagers. People in general.
    Although I agree that that's how it should be, I'm afraid it's a bit deeper than that. Being mentally and physically ready for the act of sex is not on the same level as being ready for children.
    I see. They're just ready for the orgasm, not the product. That makes sense.

Senior Member AngelofDreams is a jewel in the rough AngelofDreams is a jewel in the rough AngelofDreams is a jewel in the rough AngelofDreams is a jewel in the rough AngelofDreams's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2006 07:01 PM
    Threads

Wow. What a controversial (sp?) topic. Interestingly, it's roped in so many other topics along with it, such as teen sex, gay marriage\sex, the danger of STDs, etc. Each could undoubtedly be a thread of its own.

I know a couple young people who have been affected by teenage pregnancy. Neither of them was ready, but both situations turned out okay for the kid, in my opinion, but it's all according to your perspective. One girl had a shotgun marriage and moved into a trailer with her husband. This is working out well enough, to my thinking. They love each other, and have another child on the way. But then, I'm not very materialistic, and the fact is, unless the kids turn out to be exceptionally brilliant in mind and ambition they probably (statistically speaking) will have a far greater struggle making something of themselves than would, say, a child raised by two parents who were responsible enough to secure their own livelihoods before having children. In short, I am of the opinion that teenage pregnancy is a bad idea. It's irresponsible and selfish. It's downright silly. But it CAN turn out all right, and there's no way it would ever make me turn my back on a friend. Anyone who condemns someone just because they become pregnant should be ashamed of themselves. If you're religious, then just consider it to be another sin to be forgiven. Most faiths teach redemption, last I looked.

As for teenage sex, it's already been argued pretty thoroughly so far in this thread. Abstinence, of course, would be the ideal solution to a lot of problems, but few people (outside of catholicism) are that naive. The second best option, therefore, is education. And I do love knowledge.

I would cynically add, however, that most sexually active teenagers seem to spurn the knowledge that is, if not offered freely to them, sometimes crammed down their throats. Whether they're being rebelious or just think nothing bad could ever happen to THEM, this is still utter stupidity. Many teens know full well the dangers, but simply ignore them in the heat of passion. I'm not dragging ALL sexually active teenagers into this generalization- many have some common sense, but you can't tell me for the most part that it's not true; I've seen it too many times.

I think time will tell, really. In 20 years, there will be many, many more young people like Ami~chan. Ethics are determined by popular opinion, right?

I dwell in your dreams,
    I sleep the back of your mind.

Closed Thread

Thread Information