AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OMG Rupees

Hybrid View

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Default OMG Rupees

If your rupees just vanished and went into the negatives, taking you from the top of the richest people list to the very bottom, then I happened.

People have been cheating to get rupees. That means if I see a person who has never posted on the forums, with more rupees then me, they will be assumed to have cheated, lose them all, and be thrown so far into a hole that if they do recover, I will know them to have cheated.

Even if you weren't cheating, but do have an insane amount of rupees, I will assume it to have come from one of the few cheating rounds, and it will be removed as well.

In part this is because it isn't fair to everyone else, in another it is because some people insist on donating millions to everyone (which by the way, gets them punished along with you). This destroys the value of the rupees by flooding the market.

Another part to this is that we've been having database problems of late, as you may have noticed, and overly high rupee counts take a part in that as well.

So because of all of this, if you suddenly appear at the top of that list, expect to stay at the bottom of it.

Senoir Member Hinata14 is on a distinguished road Hinata14's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2006 12:13 AM
    Threads

Solution-have everyone start over down to 0 rupees

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

Hinata, it's pretty selfish of you to say to start over.

There is a reason that he did it, and you have to respect that.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hinata14
    I've been told that Ace has considered killing the banks and pocket amounts of EVERYONE.

But it's just unfair to people like me who have worked their butts off to earn the money they have.

But yeah. I see what Ace has wrote and to me it's fair to those that deserve it. Though I feel sorry for anyone that didn't mean to get the punishment, it's what happens when too many people get too much money.

If it's that much of a problem to you to cheat and then lose it all here's a nice line.

DON'T CHEAT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

A couple million in the bank is enough -_-; That's all I can really say on the subject.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

me and Chii Hideki-_-Motosuwa will become famous soon enough Hideki-_-Motosuwa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2006 11:29 PM
    Threads

yes thats ture that some people cheat. i have a lot of money you know why its called blackjack..

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm with Hinata14. We should just erase everyone's money stockpiles.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

How does one cheat excatly?
    And I dont really think its fair to punish those who have worked for their rupees to have them taken away with a reset. Though it does get me extremly miffed to see people like Shi with over 100 million with only 1000 posts. I have 300 million with 5000 posts.
    My suggestion would be to reduce the amout of rupees earned with every post. Id also cut the donation function.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Senior Member aimforthetop is a jewel in the rough aimforthetop is a jewel in the rough aimforthetop is a jewel in the rough aimforthetop's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2006 04:22 PM
    Threads

your only saying that because you have -9000000000120099000.00
    Whatever you do don't click HERE

Senoir Member Hinata14 is on a distinguished road Hinata14's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2006 12:13 AM
    Threads

i know im not stupid im just saying

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

i know im not stupid im just saying
    Hinata I've already told you under a different thread. If you have a lot of money, and little posts to back it up then they'll assume that you did not get it fairly.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

Senior Member DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Heart Carrot Chilled Monkey Brains
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2013 03:50 PM
    Threads

This is A large problem with rupees, And I am sorry that all of this has happened, It's because of the bank that people are cheating to get rupees, Although It gives you more rupees, it also gives you a larger negative in your bank, that is why people donate to another one of their names that do not have a larger negative in their bank or name. I also agree to the restart of everyone's rupees to zero, but i think they will do that glitch in the bank again which will be a useless thing to do in the first place.

[hybrid rainbow] shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2006 10:07 PM
    Threads

{Sigh} But it should be zero because it's not always cheating. The only glitch in the bank I got was that it though I had less rupees than I actually had, so really it was cheating me. Yes, I used the bank, but I only had so much because I put any rupees I had in the bank, and then wasn't here for a long period of time. Tell me how that's cheating if the bank was put up to be used?

And also, I didn't have much over what DarkMoonPrince does now ((just using you cuz your rupees are closer to mine)), and I have many more posts. Plain and simple, I did not cheat, because there isn't even enough here that I'd want to cheat to get.
    Last edited by shi_amai; 08-20-2006 at 07:01 PM.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't think cutting the donation function would help anyone. That's a tad extreme. I really think we should restart all stats though, not post count, or RPG, but rep stats, rupees, arcade, etc.

Junior Member Zeir_Gabriel is an unknown quantity at this point Zeir_Gabriel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2006 06:19 PM
    Threads

Lightbulb

Well I think if you're able to earn rupees through posting you should be able to earn rupees through chatting as well. Especially if you're RPing. Or why have the rupee system at all? This shouldn't be an issue of, 'Oh you have more rupees than me and you haven't even posted.' I think everyone should be rewarded for even participating in this chat/site because without us this site wouldn't be here. If I were to RP an assassin for hire in chat then why is it exceptable to reset my rupees to zero when I am paid to do a job? It's their rupees, let them do what they want as far as donating goes. If you want to reset people's rupees on a whim then why have the system? It's like a child taking away his football because his team is losing. It's pointless and if that's how it's going to be you can have those rupees.
    Last edited by Zeir_Gabriel; 08-21-2006 at 06:22 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

When you're flooding the chat with RP commands, it's more irritating than inane chatter. So that right there is a good reason not to have you earn money through RPing. Also, if we were going to add getting money for everything we do, everyone would have billions of rupees, and then money wouldn't mean anything. Which is how it is right now, money means nothing on this site, because everyone has billions.

You're just pissed off you were caught cheating and now you're negative.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

The issue here is very simple. Reread what Kaitou said, or you can read my paraphrase here.

The rupee system was intended to be a fun deal. You get some rupees for posting (So it's an encouragement to post on the forums)
    In return, there's the RPG and the forums shop and the chat room games that you can spend your money on.
    It's been made quite obvious that money is in a great abundance. Inflation has gone up. There are people who have been cheating to get the large sums of money they have. Like it or not, this money has to be removed to keep the value of the rupee where it was intended to be.
    If you were given money that was obtained by cheating, sorry for you. You still can't keep it. To use your football analogy, if someone on your team is cheating, you still forfeit the game, whether you took part in it or not.

Just remember something.
    Nobody worked for any of this "money". You aren't losing out if you lose all your rupees. You just no longer have an unlimited ability to change everyone else's custom titles.
    You get the rupees by posting, which many people would do anyway, rupees or not. I believe the store was meant to be a novelty, not a free for all grab bag. If the owner of the board feels things aren't going the way he wants them to be, then it's certainly his perogative to start things over, and make it how he wants it.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

In Airforce. Love Ya gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2010 08:30 AM
    Threads

I agree with Regex and Kaitou. If people are cheating to get there money then it is up To Kaitou to figure out what to do with the people or the site. I hate the fact that people all of a sudden have billions when a month ago they had about a million. anyways. I could care less about my rupees for I give them away to people all the time. I post alot yet I have nothing to buy with them anymore sO I got bored and decided to change peoples custom titles. which is fun. Anyways do what you have to Kaitou to fic the problem.
    "What is life without pain?."

[hybrid rainbow] shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, incase you haven't noticed I'm only mad because I've been falsely accused. I could care less about the rupees now, but I will not stand being called a cheater when I'm not one. =[

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by shi_amai
    Well, incase you haven't noticed I'm only mad because I've been falsely accused. I could care less about the rupees now, but I will not stand being called a cheater when I'm not one. =[
    Falsely accused? Ok then, explain how you had more money than me with 4,000 posts less.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi
    Falsely accused? Ok then, explain how you had more money than me with 4,000 posts less.
    Ok Shi, you keep saying you didnt cheat but you have yet to explain my above question. I have money in the bank thats been sitting there since I started here a year ago, and its still not as much as you had. So...explain how youre not a cheater

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi
    Ok Shi, you keep saying you didnt cheat but you have yet to explain my above question. I have money in the bank thats been sitting there since I started here a year ago, and its still not as much as you had. So...explain how youre not a cheater
    ((I didn't see your question))

I left money in the bank. When I came back after being gone for... around two months that's how much was in there. I didn't touch it. I wasn't even here for a few months. I simply left all my rupees in the bank.

And also, as I said before, I wasn't as the top of the list, and I didn't have more than you, because I was the top fourth.
    Last edited by shi_amai; 08-23-2006 at 09:22 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like the way Aaron worded it. But yeah, what you consider cheating and what we do, aren't the same thing.

Illusionist Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2009 07:00 PM
    Threads

Meh. Easy come easy go. Cry and get over it. Things could be worse.

Just because Treyu has much to be proud of Treyu has much to be proud of Treyu has much to be proud of Treyu has much to be proud of Treyu has much to be proud of Treyu has much to be proud of Treyu has much to be proud of Treyu has much to be proud of Treyu has much to be proud of Treyu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2007 07:31 PM
    Threads

NO! Not the Rep Stat!

I worked hard to get those reps up ;_;

Its bad enough that for some reason I am SO far in the negatives that I will never get back. But to take my Rep as well! That's just harsh...

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

How do you cheat. Hey hinata14, didn't you get a donation from someone. And would giant donations be cheating.

Closed Thread

Thread Information