AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gears of War: the Halo Killer?

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Gears of War: the Halo Killer?

Just today, I was finally able to get my hands on Gears of War for the Xbox 360. The only thing I have to say to halo is.....

Uh-oh!

Halo, having gone unchallenged as the reigning FPS for the microsoft consoles may actually have some competition!
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

Senior Member BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 05:02 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ask me for it Steam ID: askmeforit

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this game...

Gears of War isn't really a first-person shooter... which is the thing that makes it so great. 'Course, it's a third-person shooter, much like Winback and kill.switch before it (which both had cover mechanics similar to Gears), so making a comparison to Halo is not too far off.

I'm not a huge fan of Halo (or its sequel) to begin with - there are a few console FPSes I prefer - so it shouldn't be surprising that I think Gears of War is better than it... but Gears is definitely something special. It's challenging, the need to rely on cover is a breath of fresh air, the level design is incredible, and the game mechanics are seamless. Everything about it just comes together perfectly. Even the Achievements are compiled almost flawlessly.

The only complaints I have about the game are the short length, the somewhat barebones story, and some minor control frustrations (such as doing a roll when you mean to take cover).

Also...

I'm disappointed that Epic decided to leave out the Brumak fight... they could've had it right at the end of Act 4. You could fight the Brumak in the APC, and then be forced to battle it on foot, for any of a number of reasons. I also think they should've taken out the dull and frustrating UV light driving sequence near the end of Act 2... they could've replaced that with an "introduction" fight with the Brumak or something.

With all that said... I've gone through the campaign on co-op about three times in full (while also going through bits and pieces with friends several times, to help with Achievements), and I still find it entertaining. (If anyone wants help with COG tags, Hardcore/Insane difficulty, or the Dom Achievements... send me a PM with your Gamertag.)

The multiplayer is also really stellar, and benefits from the same tight mechanics. It has a similar feel to Counter-Strike, in the way the matches are set up. The maps are also stellar, and the game modes are fun... I just wish there were more of both. Hopefully, Epic will update this with downloadable content and patches in the future... something Epic is famous for, with the Unreal Tournament series.

I also hope they don't charge a lot of money, like other publishers have been doing with their Xbox Live content.
    Get some exercise this summer and raise money to fight disease. Find a free charity walk in your area:
    AIDS Walk | Walk to Defeat ALS | Walk MS | Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
    Light The Night for Leukemia & Lymphona | Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

yeah Halo and Gears arent that much alike, so you can't compare them on a real even level. But even so, most people I talk to say gears kicks halo's butt.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They are more alike then you might think. They both have the 'Kill the Horde of Aliens/Montsers any way that you can. The fact that Gears of War is a third person shooter and Halo is a first person doesn't make it much different in the way the game is played out. The only real difference that it makes is the special getting behind cover and being able to see your character.

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 03:57 PM
    Threads

I think it'll be a good game, but I think it will end up being an overrated one. I also don't think it'll end up beating Halo critically and whatnot. Though I think I'll like GoW more than Halo.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Ryth
    I think it'll be a good game, but I think it will end up being an overrated one. I also don't think it'll end up beating Halo critically and whatnot. Though I think I'll like GoW more than Halo.
    Halo 2 has been the number one game played on Xbox live since it came out. Gears of War become the number one most play Live game within it's first week on the shelves. And it's the ONLY game to achieve this.

Basically, it already has beaten halo in one aspect. The multiplayer is also more fun than Halo 2. Halo 2's online multiplayer is filled with retarded screaming 10 year olds. Also, Halo is no where near as challanging.

Gears was freakin' HARD. Insane mode puts halo's legendary to shame.

Really, don't say gears story was crap either and use that as a pro people. Halo 2's campaign was crap as well.
    Campaign mode quality= About the same
    Campaign difficulty/challange= Halo wants to be Gears of War when it grows up.
    Multiplayer?= See above.

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hatake Buruku
    yeah Halo and Gears arent that much alike, so you can't compare them on a real even level. But even so, most people I talk to say gears kicks halo's butt.
    +1 Gears of War Pwns Halo. I never played it myself but I've seen several gameplay demos already and I'm really impressed.

Go Unreal Engine!

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Gears was a great game, and I don't think we could ask for a better tie-me-over until Halo 3 comes out, but it's still no Halo. Good as GoW is, it's still just the appetizer.

I could rant for a few paragraphs why I think Halo is better than Gears of War (I actually did, deleted it though. It was making me sound like I thought Gears was a bad game). I'll just bullet-point a few items and say

-To few multiplayer options in GoW
    -Cover system not suited for game style

Got Jesus? GodOrDevil? is on a distinguished road GodOrDevil?'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-22-2007 11:02 PM
    Threads

Here are a few reasons why I like Gears Of War.

1.You don't come back once you die in online play. So it makes you think twice before doing somthing too risky. Unlike halo.

2.Deleveling doesn't exist in this game. Unlike Halo.

3.You can't just run and gun all the time. Which makes you feel like you really earned your kills.

4. Little kids are not an issue, so far.

5.If one or even two people leave in an online game. It's still possible to take on four people with a solid strategy.

6. Very well balanced.

That is all for now.

Emperor of Shadows blackwolf16 is a splendid one to behold blackwolf16 is a splendid one to behold blackwolf16 is a splendid one to behold blackwolf16 is a splendid one to behold blackwolf16 is a splendid one to behold blackwolf16 is a splendid one to behold blackwolf16 is a splendid one to behold blackwolf16's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2008 10:38 AM
    Threads

The only thing I hate about Halo is that when you get online there are a bunch of kids who only get their kills by using the vehicles. But at least Gears of War you don't have to worry about this problem.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by bakakame
    but it's still no Halo.
    Thats the only part of your post I can agree with.
    It isn't Halo.
    Couldn't be more happy that it's NOT halo.

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    Threads

you cant really compare them. but if ya wanna discuss halo killers, check Killzone 2. so far a in game trailer has yet to be released, but its said to be a halo killer ^^;
    but we need to wait till like next year to see that trailer. lol

GeOW is good, but a bit over hyped. so far on game forums all 360 fanboys talk about is this game, but with the 360 being out for so long, dont they have more then just this to go on about? O_o its worrying sometimes.
    but that wont take anything away from GeOW, it'll sell alot and probably come out with another one soon enough. the enviroments seem a bit stale, but overall a solid game choice for anyone with an xbox.

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Personally, I think it has game of the year potential, that and Twilight Princess.
    I also think it gives a good idea of what type of games the 360 will be comming out with in the next year. If so, then thats great.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood
    you cant really compare them. but if ya wanna discuss halo killers, check Killzone 2. so far a in game trailer has yet to be released, but its said to be a halo killer ^^;
    but we need to wait till like next year to see that trailer. lol

GeOW is good, but a bit over hyped. so far on game forums all 360 fanboys talk about is this game, but with the 360 being out for so long, dont they have more then just this to go on about? O_o its worrying sometimes.
    but that wont take anything away from GeOW, it'll sell alot and probably come out with another one soon enough. the enviroments seem a bit stale, but overall a solid game choice for anyone with an xbox.

=[[Wolfwood]]=
    Dude, there's a lot of games out for the Xbox 360. Plenty of good one's such as:

Elder Scrolls Oblivion
    Burnout Revenge (Yes I know that's multi-console)
    Gears of War (Go figure)
    GRAW (Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for those who don't get the abbreviation.)
    Call of Duty 2 and 3.
    Many more that I'm still waiting for, and those are only the best games on the system. There are many other games on it that I have yet to even try.
    Gears was a great game, and I don't think we could ask for a better tie-me-over until Halo 3 comes out, but it's still no Halo. Good as GoW is, it's still just the appetizer.

I could rant for a few paragraphs why I think Halo is better than Gears of War (I actually did, deleted it though. It was making me sound like I thought Gears was a bad game). I'll just bullet-point a few items and say

-To few multiplayer options in GoW
    -Cover system not suited for game style
    It's not Halo, but there's a lot of things that Halo could learn from this game. Halo is extremely repetitive, and after playing online for about 2 months, I just could not stand it anymore. The only ways that there was to kill a person in Halo was: Shoot them, slash them with a sword, run them over. That's about it.

Gears of War, however, you hit someone with a grenade, they blow up (Literally). They get too close, you rip them apart with the chainsaw. You have distance and a sniper rifle, shoot their brains out and let the blood fly. And once you shoot them enough with a machine gun, smear their brains across the ground with a Curb Stomp.

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Just like to add that GRAW is still my favorite console shooter to date

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro Matsuchani
    It's not Halo, but there's a lot of things that Halo could learn from this game. Halo is extremely repetitive, and after playing online for about 2 months, I just could not stand it anymore. The only ways that there was to kill a person in Halo was: Shoot them, slash them with a sword, run them over. That's about it.

Gears of War, however, you hit someone with a grenade, they blow up (Literally). They get too close, you rip them apart with the chainsaw. You have distance and a sniper rifle, shoot their brains out and let the blood fly. And once you shoot them enough with a machine gun, smear their brains across the ground with a Curb Stomp.
    ... Um, the only differance I see there is the vehicle's for Halo and the mortal-combat-ish "finishing move" for GoW. (pulling off headshots with the sniper rifle is still my preferred method in both games)

Vehicles though is another big thing I like about Halo, that Gears is seriously lacking. I'm hoping they will include more than just a junker w/ UV turret in GoW2. Gears is definitally more graphic, but where are the people who usually chime in with the "it doesn't need that to be fun" comments. I'm not really experianced with that, heck I love using the chainsaw.

Also keep in mind the generation differance. If GoW came out last generation, it would have probably turned out being little more than a DOOM rip-off. I'm definitally looking foreward to what Bungie does with Halo 3, there's supposed to be a new trailer coming out Dec 4.

It's true, Halo could definitally benefit from some aspects of GoW, but Gears can learn a lot from Halo as well. Ultimately, this is another one of those cases you need to ask, why limit yourself to just one of them? Personally I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Halo 3 turns out to be a multi-disc game, GoW was a smidge on the short side.

Oh, and BTW whoever said it, GoW is only overhyped if you haven't played it yet...
    Last edited by bakakame; 11-30-2006 at 01:07 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm not sure how well vehicular combat would work with the Gears of War combat set-up. The characters don't run near fast enough for there to be a fair balance between the vehicles and the Characters. Not to mention that if there were vehicles, one of them would be the heavily armored junker with the UV turrent. That doesn't sound very fair to me.

The mortal combat stuff is what makes Gears of War cool, and the over the top killing moves are just all too enjoyable. Saying that you don't need it is kind of false, since I've turned off the ultra violence and it just wasn't the same game.

Junior Member HanTony is on a distinguished road HanTony's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2006 12:51 PM
    Threads

Most people can complete gears of war in just 2 days, even on the better difficulties.

Member Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2008 10:04 PM
    Threads

I finished Gears in one night. you play GOW more for the experience than the long lasting gameplay. Gears had mroe WOW factor for me than Halo did. halo was sweet, but it was too "clean." Gears actually feels like a war..

Definately a good time.
    Better Than Gaia Online?!?! Better Than Neopets?!?!

Hehe, help me beta test my new game
    and find out for yourself!!

*celebrates with Hawk* Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2008 11:42 AM
    Threads

In a way I have to say that gears of war beat Halo hands down.
    For example halo 3 that is coming out has the almost same graphix as the 1st and 2nd.. plus the story line is alway near the same just a tad different... gears of War was like Wow this is awsome!!!

So I beleive Gears of War destroys the Halo3 games/ series!

Family:
    Sister: lorie, Keyasaffection
    Aunt: beatrix_bunny220

Senior Member Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2010 04:12 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I personally think they're both rubbish, but I'm alone on that I'm sure.
    To everyone I once knew: it's been fun... goodbye and good luck. ~Igor~

Senior Member *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2007 12:02 AM
    The land down under! u should join me where its warm! ^^,
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sapphire View Post
    I personally think they're both rubbish, but I'm alone on that I'm sure.
    WOO HOO! i compleatly agree!
    both games suk arse! i hate halo n halo 2 coz they were both on xbox... nuf said...
    and gears just looks crap! i havent seen one trailers that makes me think: "wow, thats kool," or "mad, i cant wait to do that!"

but then, the only impressive games iv seen recently are crysis, spore and moto-storm!

Slip out the back before they know you were there
    And at the worst you'll see nobody cares
    Cos you don't wanna be around when it all goes down
    Even heroes know when to be scared!

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by *FoX* View Post
    i hate halo n halo 2 coz they were both on xbox... nuf said...
    You hate them because they were xbox? Now that doesn't make much sense. You're saying it's the console's fault that you hate those games.
    gears just looks crap!
    Looks like crap? Can you get it to look any better?

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by *FoX* View Post
    both games suk arse! i hate halo n halo 2 coz they were both on xbox... nuf said...
    and gears just looks crap! i havent seen one trailers that makes me think: "wow, thats kool," or "mad, i cant wait to do that!"

but then, the only impressive games iv seen recently are crysis, spore and moto-storm!
    Just by reading your post, I kind of get the scale that you use for gaming. While Gears of War looks like crap, pong would look more real then real life in your book. Bad because they're on Xbox? You obviously have never played the game. =P

For the future, try actually playing the game before saying they "suk".

The Final Uchiha Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2013 09:40 PM
    Threads

I had gears of war, it was good, but its got nothing on halo, guess its just my taste in game, i prefer FPS plus the halo 3 trailer looks awesome

Senior Member *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2007 12:02 AM
    The land down under! u should join me where its warm! ^^,
    Threads

for the record, iv finished halo 1 & 2 and iv finished the pc version of halo... they were crap...
    ill give them credits for originality and a lil' bit for the story-line...
    but again, they just didnt have any "wow" factor...
    the ONLY thing that made me say "wow" was the vehicle's in multiplayer...

and, i guess i have to admit, we had some great time in halo 2 when we had 3 xbox's connected 2gether

but the games just didnt thrill me the same way things like HL and UT did when they first came out...

and gears, well i just dont like it... it looks like, well, crap!
    but u guys can say wat u want about it, i aint changin my mind, i aint gettin the game... unless its on pc? in which case i need a new gfx card damit! >.<

Slip out the back before they know you were there
    And at the worst you'll see nobody cares
    Cos you don't wanna be around when it all goes down
    Even heroes know when to be scared!

Closed Thread

Thread Information