AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hands On A Miracle...

*in love with kyle busch* Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:01 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Hands On A Miracle...

Chastised for my ignorant ways,
    Camaraderie meant nothing to me.
    But, with hands on a miracle,
    I’ve torn vengeance apart at the seams.

I’m high on a love envied by many,
    Smoky clouds carry us into the sky.
    Your hand is the only comfort I need,
    I will hold on until the day I die.

I know I don’t deserve you,
    But I’m so proud of what I’ve got.
    Two hands, hangin’ on to a miracle,
    I no longer know the meaning of distraught.

I’ve been in love before,
    Yet, nothing comes close to this.
    I’ve fought off a million storms,
    Now, no longer clinching my fists.

Baby, I thought I had seen it all,
    Yes, from sea to shining sea.
    You caught me off guard on that faithful day,
    Something new for my eyes to see.

I never believed in fairy tales,
    True love was as false as my own bliss.
    But with hands on a real-life miracle,
    Maybe such things do exist.

My dreams we’re once filled with rage,
    My psyche was broken by fright.
    But now I have you in my head,
    So, I can dream peacefully tonight.

Seventeen years of loneliness,
    I thought that all was lost.
    But somehow, I’ve found a miracle,
    And I will fight for her at any cost.

We take our rightful place in the moon,
    Flying beyond the sky, so starry and blue.
    Because, when you have your hands on a miracle,
    There is nothin’ in life that you cannot do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: If you're a Foo Fighters' fan, and you've heard their song "Miracle" before, then you would know that I got the "Hands On A Miracle" title from that song. So, I would just like to point that out.

I decided to switch the format of the poem, because I didn't use this many stanzas in the original. It's one of those quick poems that you write immediately, because you don't want the influence for it to fade out of your mind. And, of course, the "miracle" is my girlfriend....
    Last edited by Fabala; 07-18-2008 at 11:20 PM. Reason: removed text color

Senior Member Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2010 12:41 PM
    Threads

My jaw literally dropped when I read that, tAF101. It's better than most poems I've seen here, and I've seen really well-written poems here on AF. I'm really glad that you have your hands on a miracle. (Or is that a poem you wrote that just came to you?)

Stolen Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2008 06:20 PM
    Threads

That is amazing. Really..wow. I am in awe. It's so Amazing, the words, they have a special meaning and...It's beautiful. Simply beautiful. I love it. That's one of the most amazing poems i've ever read.

Seldrima~~

>_>;;*Mutters something and kills [someone] (get it right, dear) on Msn*

*Growls hurling book at that someone*
    Last edited by Seldrima; 08-09-2006 at 03:47 PM.

*in love with kyle busch* Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Heh, I'm glad you liked it, Sayoko! I tried to utilize my vocabulary a little more (something that I don't often do in my poetry), so I think that turned out well. I also got to the point, instead of doing a poem that was overly long. I wasn't expecting anyone to like it that much, but I honestly thought that it was one of my better poems. Which is weird, since this poem only took me 1 hour, while it normally takes me 5 or more hours to do a poem (and sometimes, they don't even end up being all that good, anyway).

And, like I said, this poem is for my girlfriend, but it was one of those things that just popped into my mind and I jumped at the chance to write it, before it got lost in my memory.

Oh, and thank you, as well, Seldrima. I'm rather surprised by the reaction that I'm getting to this poem, but I do appreciate it. I was going to take a long break from writing poetry (at least a few months), but I'm glad that I can still find inspiration to keep putting them out.
    Last edited by Music Fiend; 08-09-2006 at 03:42 PM.

Senior Member Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2010 12:41 PM
    Threads

Thank God you jumped at the chance, then!

I just realized this: Link and Zelda (in your sig, 101) sort of portrays you and your girlfriend!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sayoko

I just realized this: Link and Zelda (in your sig, 101) sort of portrays you and your girlfriend!
    Actually, that's exactly what I was going for when I asked cfa to do the sig for me; a sense that I would protect her honor forever; that I wouldn't let anyone try to break us apart; that, even though she doesn't need to be defended, I will come to her rescue whenever she calls my name.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information