AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can/could Japan still be welcome by us without animes?

Banned Forum / Chat ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2006 10:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Can/could Japan still be welcome by us without animes?

Imagine this, if Japan did not invent mangas, animes, and videogames, will this country be loved by us fans even though it is still creating home peripheral stuffs and some nice house furnitures?

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I think that Japan has that mystic that a lot of people find interesting. Tradition, culture (samurai and geisha, etc), religion, not to mention other technology. I think that people would still be interested in Japan even if they didn't have anime and video games. Heck, I know many people that love Japan for things other than anime and video games.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Like Pooky said, Japan has many other things to offer outside of anime. Their history and culture, as well as many modern things. Technologically, such as video cell phones. They are well known for making good cars (Mitsubishi for instance). They have great music in all genres. They also are a huge part of the seafood industry. Also let us not forget that it is a member of the United Nations, the G8, and APEC. It is also supposedly a great vacation spot, but I really don't know that much about that.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

It's not a good vacation spot right now. Come in a few months when it cools down and stops raining.

Pink is the new Pooky
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

kinky keya Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2010 02:56 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MistressPookyChan
    I think that Japan has that mystic that a lot of people find interesting. Tradition, culture (samurai and geisha, etc), religion, not to mention other technology. I think that people would still be interested in Japan even if they didn't have anime and video games. Heck, I know many people that love Japan for things other than anime and video games.
    well said ill have to agree....
    "sayonara..."
    who am i a fan of ?look in my journal!!

are you a fan of me??

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Without anime this perverse obsession with Japan and it's culture and women and people and martial arts and way of doing things and women would be virtually non-existent and "otaku's" would wander the streets utterly lost with a vacant stare in their eyes.

Senior Member ~Pure Soul~ is a jewel in the rough ~Pure Soul~ is a jewel in the rough ~Pure Soul~ is a jewel in the rough ~Pure Soul~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2007 08:27 PM
    Threads

This is my opinion, and I dont wish for anybody to get mad at me.But I think its 50 50 chance. Like for example Xero XIII is right that some people are interested in the history and culture but at the same time. Anime and vedio games is what mostly made it poppular.And knowing how Japan was before and im not sure how it is today.I cant say cause im not sure.But I think they'll like it better with anime,mangas,culture,and history.
    Thanks you Bucky Katt for the theme

Im back, Thank You for still being my friends. Im sorry I left.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I wouldn't say that the otakus would vanish, but they would be turn their facination to something else. Geisha had their own otaku followers, in a way. There are people that are obsessed about everything. Of the people I know directly, I know of: a few train otaku, sports (soccer) otaku, music group otaku.... none of these having to do with video games or anime and manga.

Pink is the new Pooky

DarkPrinceBman <3 U stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2006 11:55 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I would think that Japan would probably lose a few star attraction points to the country if it didn't originate anime/mangas and video games, but it's technology would still be very much welcomed and loved by otakus.

Awesome sig+avy set made by [kaisen] <3

Senior Member sapphiredragon is a jewel in the rough sapphiredragon is a jewel in the rough sapphiredragon is a jewel in the rough sapphiredragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2006 12:05 AM
    Threads

I'm interested in Japanese history and culture, but that's because of my interest in anime. If it weren't for anime, I wouldn't be surprised if I would have never developed an interest in Japan, but who knows?

SMEGMA!!!! Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2008 03:36 PM
    Threads

I've slowly removed myself from an unhealthy obsession with anime and manga. Don't believe me? Check this forum. I never post in the sections for anime.

But I still find the culture and history of Japan intriguing. It wouldn't damage the love for Japan is there were no mangas or animes.

Oh, and Japan did not invent video games. Two Americans created the very first video game in 1946. Thomas T. Goldsmith Jr. and Estle Ray Mann were the first to design and create a device specifically intended for game play.

Fiddle Faddle Victim Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2007 01:04 AM
    Threads

There are people who find Japan interesting for other reasons. There are MANY people, many among us, who only care for Japan because of anime, music and DDR. There are others who are truly fascinated by the culture including the architecture, the people and the history of it all. If there were no mangas running around, or pop stars with surgically enhanced big eyes, not as many people would care for Japan, but I doubt it would seriously curve the amount.

Banned Forum / Chat ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Most fo you got it right; however, I find the only interesting parts of Japan to me are video games and comics.
    I don't think modern adults are in love wit hstudying history.

White and Nerdy Wespe has a reputation beyond repute Wespe has a reputation beyond repute Wespe has a reputation beyond repute Wespe has a reputation beyond repute Wespe has a reputation beyond repute Wespe has a reputation beyond repute Wespe has a reputation beyond repute Wespe has a reputation beyond repute Wespe has a reputation beyond repute Wespe has a reputation beyond repute Wespe has a reputation beyond repute Wespe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2006 08:55 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by a random fool
    Most fo you got it right; however, I find the only interesting parts of Japan to me are video games and comics.
    I don't think modern adults are in love wit hstudying history.
    I'm in love with studying history and I'm a modern adult. I think Japan would still be well known for other things besides anime and manga like martial arts and sumo wrestling

Junior Member Labefacto Chaotic is on a distinguished road Labefacto Chaotic's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2006 09:17 PM
    Threads

I agree with most of you. I too like the culture of Japan and would like to think I still would even without the influence of Anime, and games. I find some of the customs they have there to be interesting and I would like to plan a vacation there sometime soon.

Detrimental Remnant. Myrcice Maeghym has a reputation beyond repute Myrcice Maeghym has a reputation beyond repute Myrcice Maeghym has a reputation beyond repute Myrcice Maeghym has a reputation beyond repute Myrcice Maeghym has a reputation beyond repute Myrcice Maeghym has a reputation beyond repute Myrcice Maeghym has a reputation beyond repute Myrcice Maeghym has a reputation beyond repute Myrcice Maeghym has a reputation beyond repute Myrcice Maeghym has a reputation beyond repute Myrcice Maeghym has a reputation beyond repute Myrcice Maeghym's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2006 04:23 AM
    Threads

For me they would, of course. I love their music and their culture...And their hair! xD
    The country might not be as popular here without all that stuff, but there are quite a few who would love it anyway, myself included.
    A.K.A. Torturous Anodyne / Nocturne Filth / ~Devilish Kidnapper~ / Kuromaru
    A Fan?

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'd say that shorn of their Anime, Japan would be about as popular as say, China or Korea. There aren't that many folks that dig their culture for non-Anime reasons, and most that do were introduced to the culture through Anime, anyway.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Grammar Nazi viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2006 08:00 AM
    Threads

I'm with Manhatten on this one. Without something to draw interest, Japan isn't any more attractive than any other culturally rich Asian country.
    Remember, for every interesting or cool sig you read, there are at least 10 boring sigs that make you hate reading sigs.

Have something different, then.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, Taiwan is strongly influenced by Japan, too.
    Anyway, I find Japanese men to be attractive despite the lackness of heights.

LP fan Sasuke is God is infamous around these parts Sasuke is God is infamous around these parts Sasuke is God is infamous around these parts Sasuke is God is infamous around these parts Sasuke is God is infamous around these parts Sasuke is God is infamous around these parts Sasuke is God is infamous around these parts Sasuke is God is infamous around these parts Sasuke is God is infamous around these parts Sasuke is God is infamous around these parts Sasuke is God is infamous around these parts Sasuke is God's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2010 10:34 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MistressPookyChan
    I totally agree with that!!!

Thanks BD15...you rule!!!

To help those in need and to be a true friend! That is my nindo, my ninja way!

10% luck
    20% skill
    15% concetrated power of will
    5% pleasure
    50% pain
    100% to remember MY name.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

As much as I'd like to agree with Xero and Pookey, I must say that most here wouldn't even look toward japan in the first place if it didn't have the Video Games and Anime. Most of us are pretty shallow.

To answer your question: No.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

...I'm in j00r forum...Mongling ur posts?

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I still can't help but think about the Geisha mystique and the power of ninja and samurai as something that lures people in even without the help of anime and manga. The Last Samurai wasn't an anime, nor was Memoirs of a Geisha. How about the Harajuku Girls thing going on? That's fashion and music, not anime and video games. These are just modern day examples. Think back to the European traders and their tales of Japan, the travel diaries of adventurers, and translations of traditional Japanese readings. These all helped make Japan popular.

Pink is the new Pooky

LOVE glue gunnin Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2010 12:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: EWW THE WEE

Well, considering we buy all their cars and technology, I'd say like it or not, we'd be forced to. o_O That's just how the economy works.

Not to mention they're one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world. o_O And their history alone is enough to intrigue us. They're traditionally system is fantastic and they've got some of the best music I've ever heard. o_o;
    Last edited by Kristen; 07-18-2006 at 09:16 AM.

i won't tell you that i love you
    K I S S OR H U G YOU
    cuz i'm bluffin with my muffin
    i'm not lyin', i'm just stunnin with my
    LOVE glue gunnin
    can't read my POKER FACE

Senior Member Alonely is just really nice Alonely is just really nice Alonely is just really nice Alonely is just really nice Alonely's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2006 08:36 AM
    Threads

Without anime, manga, and videogames, Japan wouldn't be as well-known as it is today. It'd be respected for some of the ones who do know what else Japan makes and does, but it wouldn't get as much publicity as it does now. Anime introduces a lot of people into Japanese culture, until in some cases they're Japanophiles and wish they were Japanese.

Japan isn't welcomed by me because of anime, and I hope it never will be liked by people for that sole reason.
    Last edited by Alonely; 07-18-2006 at 09:51 AM.
    Hey, you know what would be funny?

[My EmoSpace]
    Отсутствие ударять
    Who wants to bet I can make a mosh pit more fun than you?

Closed Thread

Thread Information