AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: preps/jocks

Senior Member lex__luthor is infamous around these parts lex__luthor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2007 03:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default preps/jocks

wow i they really get on my nerves what about u and none of them like anime whats up wit that also are any of u guys preps or jocks and i meen the jocks where u live breath sleep sports
    Well im getting back to this website hope you can give me rep because as you can see i need it.

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, to answer the anime thing... They find it stupid because either they think others think it's stupid and want to fit in with others that agree with that or they are raised to be simple minded.

I bet there are some jocks and stuff that like anime.

But living and breathing sports could come from the same reasons we love anime, It's their thing.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

An outdated and stupid thing to say and believe.

Yes, many many not like it but things have changed in the last ten years. I have jock friends that like anime, I have army friends that openly watch it (no one really criticizes eachother for their individual likes in this unit at least) and I know the preppy types who like it.

I myself am a bit of a prep and jock and I like it.

I do know what you're saying though, and while it may be a bit more true than not - not as many as you may think do. Also you have to wonder just how many of them may be saying they don't because being the tools they are they do not want their so called friends to make fun of them and as such are just another slave to the notion of popularity.

I don't give a damn Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2007 05:36 PM
    Threads

This point of view is often hypocritical.

Alot of people hate jocks and preps because they have a whole social hierarchy thing going, and they place people in that hierarchy based on what group they are in. However, saying that you hate all preps and jocks just because they are in those social groups is just as bad.

If you just hate them because they like sports, that's just stupid. If someone really likes sports, why the hell can't they?
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive...... write that down.

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean we're not actually out to get you,"

This siggy made by the all powerful Nespa

Cute and Loveable Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2006 05:42 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat
    An outdated and stupid thing to say and believe.

Yes, many many not like it but things have changed in the last ten years. I have jock friends that like anime, I have army friends that openly watch it (no one really criticizes eachother for their individual likes in this unit at least) and I know the preppy types who like it.

I myself am a bit of a prep and jock and I like it.

I do know what you're saying though, and while it may be a bit more true than not - not as many as you may think do. Also you have to wonder just how many of them may be saying they don't because being the tools they are they do not want their so called friends to make fun of them and as such are just another slave to the notion of popularity.
    Ahh man..you beat me to it

I am what most would consider a prep, I like anime. I have even told people before at school...their reaction

"Ah-hahaha That's funny, woohoo classic"

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

personally, I find these kinds of social lables silly. I don't label myself as anything (well, not seriously), and perhaps people may label me, but I don't really adhere to labels.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

onto the end Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2008 01:37 AM
    Where dragons roam free and cats can talk
    Threads

i know some jocks my age who watch FMA, but don't admit it openly. i only know because they ask me about an episode if the ever miss one. But jocks and preps are just are just silly social lable according to moonlightkisu, and i agree. it doesn't matter if you are a higher up in the social chain, it doesn't matter that we should be labled different if we like anime. i'm called a geek for liking anime, but, you know me, i laugh in their faces when they call me that and i give them one of my comebacks, which leave them in a daze, and walk away.
    A signature I made for another forum, but I like it just a little bit to much. ^^

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hey, I didn't say I dislike them in general, I was trying to rashinalize a reason to which they "don't" this and "have" that. I realize not all Jocks/Preps hate anime, but the thing is I have never seen any connection between Jocks/Preps and anime in my school and usually people are made fun of because they like anime 'n stuff in my school.
    Except when one such as myself is around... (They always want me to join football....It's not my thing. They want to butter me into football by showing respect when I'm around...yeah right.)

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

This disscusion is always the same.

"I hate dem! They R Unoriginal! DEY R ST00pid! I dun Liek Them!"

you all hate them simply because they fit into a social clique. Maybe they're not bad enough dudes to not need to fit in. Maybe they LIKE having other people around them to interact with (internet does not count). You shouldn't hate someone because they happen to like sport alot and, in turn, that puts them into the Jock Clique. That's shallow.

I can't quite think of a similar scenario for Preps, but there probably is one.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle

you know what's nice about this question?
    the fact that once you get out of high/ middle school, it wont matter anymore.

why bother with the whole clique systems of public / private school? be your self and just dont give a damn about those (excuse my use of these pathetic stereotypes) "jocks and preps". i didnt and i got along just fine. dont aim to join, just aim to succeed in school and getting the hell out of there.

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-1969 07:00 PM
    Threads

Everything has been said, so I don't think this thread should go on, but eh post your opinion for all I care. In my opinion just like MLK and HSA said those labels are silly, but let's not forget that this kido is still in school, this type of labels on people are common. Personaly I dont care, but I do know people that are preppy and jocks and guess what? They like anime, manga and those sort of stuff! I don't know where you live and don't want to either, but saying things like that just because the people you know are like that, doesn't mean they are the same. Enough has been said and this thread is just silly to start with *sigh* when will you kidos understand? -_- or do I need to bring out my bat?

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by lex__luthor
    wow i they really get on my nerves what about u and none of them like anime whats up wit that also are any of u guys preps or jocks and i meen the jocks where u live breath sleep sports
    Umm, excuse me. I am considered a prep/jock by some of my peers, and I love anime. I love sports and manga at the same time; it's very possible. Stop putting people in boxes; it's annoying. Catagorizing people never works; people are unique.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

What kind of style people choose to have really has no influence on whether they would like anime or not. Despite similarities in most of these social labels used by teenagers, people are individuals, and they will like what they like, though that may be different from what you like. Once you are out of high school, those labels will seem like nothing more than a childish food-chain and often hypocritical.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

well i don't really believe in labels but sometimes dramatic shallow superfical-like people get on my nerves

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 02:18 AM
    Threads

Well, as I am in England, we dont have preps and jocks, but we have them in one package called trendy. I dont hate them because they like different things and I certainly don't hate them for being in a different social clique as Im in one myself (I consider myself an emo as I fit it quite well, par im not as skinny as a dead rat).

People should be allowed to not like, even hate things, like Im entitled not to like sports, there entitled not to like anime. And whats wrong with someone breathing, eating and sleeping sports? At least there doing somthing (ok, I think its a tad over the top to eat, breath, sleep anything like sport, anime, computers etc but thats just me).

Also, lex__luthor please learn to phrase your sentances properly, It hurts me to see you rape the english language like that (she gets raped more than enough in this forum).

Member __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2006 05:49 PM
    Alabama. Southern to the core. And yes, I even have the accent that goes with it.
    Threads

Yeah, I'm not really a person who likes labels either. What does it mean when someone is a jock? It means they like sports a whole lot. What does it mean when someone is a prep? It means they really like clothes/apparel/accessories/looking nice/etc. Understand that jocks like sports and preps like clothes and looking nice in the same way that you like anime. I am not a jock, but staying in shape is something that is very important to me (for looks, not health, lol). I like having a sixpack and big biceps and have been asked by players/coaches on the football/wrestling team to play, and the only reason I turned it down is because I don't like organized sports and having priorities (school is already a pain for me without having extrcurricular activities). I have many friends on sports teams and yes, some of them like anime, some of them like videogames and final fantasy, those are the ones I usually hang out with. But there are some that try to be overly machismo jerks, and those are the kind I do not hang out with. I've also been called a prep and have friends that are the same, some even more so. Yes, I do like nice clothes, and it takes me longer to fix my hair than my sister. My dad always I'm like a girl when it comes to getting ready to go somewhere. I've even had girlfriends complain about how long it takes me to get ready for a date, also, I carry a comb in my pocket wherever I go. But I also like anime, though maybe not quite to the same extent as many others on this site, I still like it. I thought this was going to be about some jocks/preps ridiculing you for liking anime/manga, but as it turns out the topic seems to be you ridiculing jocks and preps for liking sports and clothes and not liking anime... But like I said I don't believe in labels, I think they are to restricting in how you behave and who you socialize with. The way I look at it, there are people I wanna either be friends with, people I don't wanna be friends with, girls I wanna date, and girls I don't wanna date. I don't label.
    Shinji Ikari=The Jack Tripper of anime.

Senior Member lex__luthor is infamous around these parts lex__luthor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2007 03:21 PM
    Threads

no i am saying they dont like it because they think it is a childish cartoon and they dont even look at it so i think they think they are to cool for it.
    Well im getting back to this website hope you can give me rep because as you can see i need it.

Gimme A Litre A Cola! zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2006 08:34 PM
    Threads

The whole jocks are mean and stupid is just a steriotype. I'm a jock and I'm none of those. I think you just made this thread to get pitty from other's because you envy their higher social class. Also jocks wouldn't care for anime is because if they did they would decline in the social class and they want to make their fathers proud.

Member __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2006 05:49 PM
    Alabama. Southern to the core. And yes, I even have the accent that goes with it.
    Threads

Well, no one I know has any idea I like anime. Just because you like something doesn't mean that the whole world has to know it. And you saying anime would decline them in their social class seems to once again insinuate that all jocks/preps hate anime, which again, isn't true.

Also, to lex luthor, when you say they don't like it because they think it's childish or they're too cool for it, how do you know they don't like it for that reason? Are you just jumping to conclusions or have you asked them why they don't like it? You said they weren't ridiculing you for it, so that might not be the reason all of them don't like it. Also, some may think that, but you shouldn't judge all of them as not liking it for the same reason, especially if none of them have told you their opinion on it. Another thing, thet're not making fun of you for it, so why does it bother you whether they like it or not? Some may just not like it because it isn't for them, and some like you said, may think it's childish and uncool, but regaurdless of their reason for not liking it, it's their business and isn't bothering you any.
    Shinji Ikari=The Jack Tripper of anime.

♥half ADD♥ m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2007 02:08 AM
    Threads

no i'm not one i'm a misfit and you're right they don't like anime not any here anyway, that's why i'm a misfit i used to hang with the preps but that was before i found anime.....then they outcast me.
    PenGuiNs RuLe!
    We live,
    We love,
    We 4-give and never give up,
    Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above,
    And 2day we remember to live and to love.

Member ranma_my_luv has a spectacular aura about ranma_my_luv has a spectacular aura about ranma_my_luv's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2006 08:22 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Masali
    This disscusion is always the same.

"I hate dem! They R Unoriginal! DEY R ST00pid! I dun Liek Them!"

you all hate them simply because they fit into a social clique. Maybe they're not bad enough dudes to not need to fit in. Maybe they LIKE having other people around them to interact with (internet does not count). You shouldn't hate someone because they happen to like sport alot and, in turn, that puts them into the Jock Clique. That's shallow.

I can't quite think of a similar scenario for Preps, but there probably is one.
    Thank you.
    I have lots of friends, most of which are 'preps'. Mind you the other half is full of nerdy skaters. The funny thing is they all get along. And, I wouldn't say I'm a 'prep' but I could be if I wanted to, and I like anime..

Closed Thread

Thread Information