AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: POTC2 good or bad (debate)

Honeybee of Randomness miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2006 09:56 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default POTC2 good or bad (debate)

Without giving any any spoilers I went to go see this movie yesterday and yet again disney has ruined another sequel with its cash cow ways

I hated this movie( although i will admit I had a few laughs from it) because its so darn similar to the first one

see below for what I am trying to get at:

POTC POTC 2

Captain Barbosa >>>> Davy Jones

Skeleton Crew>>>>>>Merman/Moudly sea people Crew

Cursed treasure>>>>> A chest with a heart in it

Commadore evil>>>> Lord Cuttler

Special One (WILL TURNER) >>>> Special desire ( something the compass leads to)

Jack going to the hangman>>>>>>> Will turner & Elizabeth swann going to the hangman

Elizabeth Swann lying about being the special one >>>>> Elizabeth Swann lying about being a girl

Join isolated.wonderland forums:
    http://isowonder.phpbb3.net

Also join Crimson Flames
    http://saramood.phpbb3.net

Kitsune-sempai Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2008 12:53 PM
    In Fangirl Inc. (They wont let me leave!!!)
    Threads

hmm i didnt see the second one the first was enough for me i didnt want to see it so i didnt i might watch it when it comes on tv if nothing else is on

Ja!
    Foxy

~*Set By Me*~
    ~*Requests are open!*~
    ~*Check out my meager site! Kawaii Fetish Designs*~

Anime Forum's Resident Harry Potter Fan

♥half ADD♥ m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2007 02:08 AM
    Threads

are u serious???? man i LOVED it!!! it left me with so many questions that i MUST see the 3rd one the DAY it releases!!!
    Last edited by m*short; 07-15-2006 at 07:07 PM. Reason: one to many i s
    PenGuiNs RuLe!
    We live,
    We love,
    We 4-give and never give up,
    Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above,
    And 2day we remember to live and to love.

To Each Their Own Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2009 04:06 PM
    Threads

I must agree It wasn't what i was expecting. But it wasn't all bad thanks to the humor of Jack Sparrow - Johnny Depp. Let's hope the third one is a Charm and not an utter Failure
    V Siggy Made By: Nespa V
    Thankies!!

Junior Member Shadow_Nyx is on a distinguished road Shadow_Nyx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2006 08:56 PM
    Threads

I loved the movie though you are right there were a lot of simlarities with the first one. I don't think really that sequel's never often live up to the original though I must say this one was ammusing. I liked the fact of brining in different characters and explaining a lot of the history and clearing up a few things from the first movie.

BUT if you look at the journey of a hero (don't ask we had to do it in Anthropology) just about every movie is the exact same or has the same direction. I'm not saying that its an excuse to have such similarites such in this movie just that a lot of the same things apply in other movies as well.

Either way I loved the movie, i enjoyed it. Plus i am a HUGE Johnny Depp fan so thats also a plus ^^.

I don't give a damn Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2007 05:36 PM
    Threads

I personally loved this movie. I walked in thinking "They cannot possibly make this as good as the first one," and I walked out amazed.

There were similarities in the plot, but the way these similarities were enacted kept the movie very fresh. I do not have any clue how they keep the ongoing "jack sparrow" joke (just his general way of acting) so damn fresh, but they really do.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive...... write that down.

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean we're not actually out to get you,"

This siggy made by the all powerful Nespa

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Oh quit your belly-aching, it was a good flick.

This movie had a lot of great ideas and effects and I really enjoyed how they tied all the pirate lore into it so well, yeah its obvious this wasnt really meant to be a trilogy, neither movie had a real set ending, but you know what, I'm willing to put that aside because the movie did what it was suppose to do, and that was keeping me entertained, interested and leaving me wanting more.

My only complaint was there was a little to much chaseing going on... if you know what I mean. It was frustrating watching the chest getting tossed from person to person when you just wanted to see some action take place.

That was QUITE a cliffhanger though, totally unexpected.....

Honeybee of Randomness miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes I am serious
    The first movie was way better and only johnny *swoon* and the jokes saved me from walking out earlier..

and to the person who thinks I should quit belly aching its called an opinion. deal with it

Also join Crimson Flames

Junior Member Shadow_Nyx is on a distinguished road Shadow_Nyx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2006 08:56 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by miss honeybee ai
    Yes I am serious
    The first movie was way better and only johnny *swoon* and the jokes saved me from walking out earlier..

and to the person who thinks I should quit belly aching its called an opinion. deal with it
    I completely agree with you on the johnny part *drools* I screamed when she kissed him...I was so mad xD...but I'm also pathetic
    The life of the world begins with the death of Humanity.h34r:

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That witch..how could she!!!!
    TT.TT

Also join Crimson Flames

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    Threads

she actualy requested that kiss so they added it into the script from what i heard on an interview thing.

i loved the movie fully ^^
    i dont care if there were parts like the first movie. it didnt make it any less entertaining.
    the old lady did need to come with subtitles actualy ^^;

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2

To Each Their Own Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano is infamous around these parts Sakaki Takano's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2009 04:06 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Nyx
    I completely agree with you on the johnny part *drools* I screamed when she kissed him...I was so mad xD...but I'm also pathetic
    Your not the only one who was upset with that. In the Movie Theater where i was. Girls yelled and screamed out such words you only think guys say When there favorite Football team just loses the World Series. though i joined in too so it was fun. lol
    V Siggy Made By: Nespa V
    Thankies!!

[hybrid rainbow] shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2006 10:07 PM
    Threads

Well quite frankly my dear, that's an opinion. And as it's an opinion I shall say that I loved it. I found it better than the first. Sure, you can think what you want, but I love it.

And also, I hope you people aren't the ones who only discovered Johnny Depp from POTC, because he was in A LOT of movies ((Edward Scissorhands, anyone?)). He's a great actor, but besides that, meh. I prefer me some Orlando. =] ((AND I like most of his movies))

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It was a great and fun movie.

I loved how it was a big chase scene. Two and a half hour chase scene. lmao.

BUT, the down side.... That stupid ending, that I saw coming, and that reminded me of the end of Matrix : Reloaded.

I stood on top of the car and yelled, with my fists in the air. I was at a a drive inn when I saw it. XD

LOVE glue gunnin Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2010 12:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: EWW THE WEE

Quote Originally Posted by miss honeybee ai

Elizabeth Swann lying about being the special one >>>>> Elizabeth Swann lying about being a girl
    I haven't seen the second film so I can't rightly compare and contrast here, but...

Elizabeth Swann lied about being a GIRL?! LMAO. I'm not sure what you actually meant by that. xD Did you meeeeean, being a Turner?

i won't tell you that i love you
    K I S S OR H U G YOU
    cuz i'm bluffin with my muffin
    i'm not lyin', i'm just stunnin with my
    LOVE glue gunnin
    can't read my POKER FACE

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes
    when they get on the ship she takes her dress and makes it a ghost
    and sparrow goes oh hide the rum when she's around

and yea i liked edward scissorhands , corspe bride and the one he did with heather graham before that movie came out.

Also join Crimson Flames

[hybrid rainbow] shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2006 10:07 PM
    Threads

And to the person who left that negative rep ((without their name)): I probably wasn't talking about you, but I WAS talking about the girls who said, " johnny *swoon*" and "johnny part *drools*". Thank you very much. And if you were one of those girls, I wasn't jumping to conclusions, because it's pretty obvious someone is a Johnny lover if they say things like that. However, if you gave me the bad rep, I wasn't talking about you. End of story. Thanks.

I've seen it three times now! =]

And people, I won't bad rep you if you give me bad rep, thanks. Not unless it's stupid. So have some courage and leave your name, or you're just pathetic. ^_~

Closed Thread

Thread Information