AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The Pillows

Junior Member Haruha Raharu is on a distinguished road Haruha Raharu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2006 10:23 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The Pillows

The Pillows is a J-Rock band that did all the music for the animated series, 'FLCL'. While they got most of their reputation here, they were among the well known bands in Japan, and were considered a veteran group when they did the FLCL project for Studio Gainax and director Kazuya Tsurumaki.

FLCL brought the cacophonic sounds of 'The Pillows' to the Western World, and brought forth their biggest boost in Album Sales.

This band with the talented and beautiful voice of Sawao Yamanaka, and the complementing lead guitar of Yoshiaki Manabe, and of course the soul of the band; Drummer Shinichiro Sato. All of these talented souls make for the unique and truly perfect sound of 'The Pillows'

Since their debut album 'Pantomime' in 1990 with the hit song 'Razorlike Blue' the Pillows have made 20 following succesive albums. The latest being 'Good Dreams' in 2004 with my personal favorite, 'Rosy Head'

Also, post out your favorite, or most desired song by this band and I will send you a PM concerning my collection and if you would like me to send you the MP3 for it as I own most of them.

Pyon!

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

I adore the Pillows. Some of my favs from them would have to be Robotman and Juliet. I made myself a little Pillows mix cd that I listen to all the time on my way to school

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like what I've heard by them, which admittedly isn't much. I only have two songs. But I do enjoy them.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

I love The Pillows. They have this raw energetic feel to their music, which is rare. I like the music they did for FLCL, but I like their other stuff too.

Favorite songs:
    -Hybrid Rainbow
    -The Third Eye
    -Nonfiction
    -Rush
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    kendoka7 will become famous soon enough kendoka7 will become famous soon enough kendoka7's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2007 09:12 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I like to see someone my age who also knows their pillows history, Haruha. Very good! I can see you are a true "little buster".

I also own most of their songs. In no way was it a cheap venture, but it was worth it. Their music is simply off the charts! I can never get enough pillows. Believe it or not, their music actually helped me learn Japanese.

I agree with Ami chan...their music is truly energetic (if you've heard Come Down, you know what I mean). But when they want to be melodic, they really are (like in Black Sheep). What I find so amazing is that they have such a variety of sound. They can be energetic, melodic, and emotional all in one album.

Some of my all time favorite songs:
    ~Come Down
    ~Black Sheep
    ~Skeleton Liar
    ~Hybrid Rainbow
    ~Girls Don't Cry
    ~Terminal Heaven's Rock

There are so many more, but I couldn't possibly list them all.

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm not a big fan of many jpop bands, but I do like the pillows and I think the music they did for flcl was original and worked perfect for the show.
    -TWM-

Senior Member rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2008 03:37 AM
    Threads

Man I love this band. There are many reasons why , but the main reason is because of the music they did for Fooly Cooly. They Rock out when they sing and i really like that in a band. They kinda have a weird name but I never let that bother me when im rockin out to the Fooly Cooly music video. Rock on pillows.

Closed Thread

Thread Information