AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Career Choices: "Have you got one?"

The Closet Girl... Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2007 11:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

I want to be a lawyer or an anime producer

To the batcave, Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2007 01:23 PM
    Threads

I would like to be a Chef.Cooking is something i enjoy.
    (And my mom supports me in the kitchen!)

:]

Fast_As_Fire Fan
    Gan Fan
    Wonderwice Fan
    MaGeaX~ Fan
    jump_for_luck77 Fan

Member __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2006 05:49 PM
    Alabama. Southern to the core. And yes, I even have the accent that goes with it.
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by viewtyjoe
    To save space, I'm only quoting pertinent portions of your post, since I agree with most of it. The thing is, Japanese people, especially in areas of business, are very xenophobic, very stubborn, and very close-minded. They are also extremely racist against Koreans, for no good reason. Koreans are second-class citizens.

With Americans, the idea is, if you won't conform, you're second-class. Americans are treated well in Japan, since they are tourists, but nonmilitary Americans that try to live in Japan will find that many Japanese people don't want foreigners among them.

Culturally, Japan has, for an extremely long period of time, been strongly against immigration of any sort (Essentially from the late 1200s on, once Japan was a truly unified nation). This cultural inclination is probably the main reason that people who are know anything about Japan will tell you that Japanese people can be extremely xenophobic.

Another thing to look at, how many Japanese students/lawyers come to America to study American law? A lot, since America is a major Japanese market, and corporations need lawyers versed in Japanese law. Now, America is fine with this, and even allows these lawyers to practice in America. However, Japanese law is basically the exclusive province of Japanese lawyers, no matter how much American lawyers want to learn, and there are (maybe were, still recently, though) even limitations on the number of American lawyers permitted to practice in Japan. If that isn't discrimination, I don't know what is. The same sort of practice applies in most industries in Japan, and I'm sure manga production is one of them.
    An intelligent AND informative statement, you are an alright guy. But, yeah, I get what you're saying. I'm so used to living in America, I forgot that other countries still don't have strict discrimination laws. Also, we're not so strict on immagration (although we seem to be moving in that direction). Since Japan is also a very scholistic minded society, I could definately see why they would want to keep foreigners out of political, law, and other similar industries, and even art industries like anime and manga to an extent. In that same way, the Japanese seem to be just as much of an entertainment arts heavy society as us, which is why I still think a good American artist, writer, or filmmaker could get into the anime/manga industry if they wanted to bad enough, especially ones like the two I named. But yeah, I can definately see what you're saying, I guess that's why America's called the land of oppertunity. But I still think if the person was a good enough artist and filmmaker, and could think on their level, I think Japanese people in the entertainment industry would be accepting given the person gives them a reason to be accepted.
    Shinji Ikari=The Jack Tripper of anime.

grabbed the Devil's nuts. Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2006 11:46 AM
    Threads

I will like to be a general ortho, cardio, dermo, ginecologostic, surgeon... with a gold stetoscope.
    Also wanting to become a Chef.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-1969 07:00 PM
    Threads

I want to be a judge and run my own buisness of manageing beauty salons and hotels, but first I want to join either the Air Force or the Marines and serve for 20 yrs. max.

~dai
    Last edited by Daimasukí; 07-16-2006 at 11:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by viewtyjoe
    With Americans, the idea is, if you won't conform, you're second-class. Americans are treated well in Japan, since they are tourists, but nonmilitary Americans that try to live in Japan will find that many Japanese people don't want foreigners among them.
    Jesse, ^that is exactly what I was getting at. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Tourists and all, at least Americans, are fine [especially since Americans tend to bring a lot of money with them ;P]. I knew about that bit about Koreans; the two seem to just hate each other, due to previous wars and...stuff I'm too lazy to go into, since this isn't the place anyway.

omg misc mods, I'm sorry I derailed the topic! I'll stop now. :[
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Junior Member Foresight is on a distinguished road Foresight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2006 05:05 PM
    Threads

well personally i just want to be a drifter

The Dying Race of Emoes Damon R. has a reputation beyond repute Damon R. has a reputation beyond repute Damon R. has a reputation beyond repute Damon R. has a reputation beyond repute Damon R. has a reputation beyond repute Damon R. has a reputation beyond repute Damon R. has a reputation beyond repute Damon R. has a reputation beyond repute Damon R. has a reputation beyond repute Damon R. has a reputation beyond repute Damon R. has a reputation beyond repute Damon R.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2006 02:15 AM
    Ahaha! Now my friends, that's going a bit too far! We're only on our first name basis!
    Threads

I want to become a Philologist. I've only lately found out what I wanted to do. With all the books that I've been amassing... Geezus, I'll need another book shelf soon. I may choose to become an Editor or Author though. It depends. I never can seem to finish a story though. I completely abandon it when I get another idea. *Grumble grumble* I try, I really do. Anyways, I like collecting books, reading up on Old Cultures and languages. o_o;

Psst, psst--I wanna make my own language someday! xDDD

JRR Tolkien is my hero! *Bows down to his mightyness*
    [[ I really am just an Emo :: A Halloween story ]]

"...And before light, was Damon. Sitting on a rock, reading a book and generally having a good time throwing erasers at hapless morons..."

- - - The Chronicles of the Gravy, Volume VII, Chapter Three, Part Two

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

I would like to be a professor of medieval history or philosohpy somewhere... or maybe physics... or asian history... or biology... or...

The Real Suga' Baby Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2015 06:33 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

My dream is to become a nurse, and that has been my dream since I was about 5 years old. Right now, I am working as a nursing assistant so yes I am doing my ideal job. I still have a ways to go from getting where I want to be, but as long as I get there, that's all that matters. = )

美しい夢みる人

The Curious Wanderer Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2010 01:05 AM
    Threads

I am curious does anyone know of what courses I should possibly be taking if I wish to pursue a job as a Herpetologist, or a Parks Ranger? I have done some research on both but haven't found much on either relating to course requirement's. It would be superb if I could hear from other users, and your opinions. I would be much obliged, thanks!

[An amazing set by KP4]

Ooo a Fan Button! =P

Rukia Kun: MINE♥ der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2006 05:26 PM
    Threads

I'm going into the US army for four years after highschool, as far as career goes im undecided

EXIGVA LVPA iSaBeLiTa is infamous around these parts iSaBeLiTa is infamous around these parts iSaBeLiTa is infamous around these parts iSaBeLiTa is infamous around these parts iSaBeLiTa is infamous around these parts iSaBeLiTa is infamous around these parts iSaBeLiTa is infamous around these parts iSaBeLiTa is infamous around these parts iSaBeLiTa is infamous around these parts iSaBeLiTa is infamous around these parts iSaBeLiTa is infamous around these parts iSaBeLiTa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2007 02:31 PM
    Threads

in october i'll start to study to become a fashion designer at unibersity because somebody said to me that it could be good for me and my drawings because in my country i couldn't be a mangaka. but that wont be my last answer...oh no! i promise to i'll publish some comics, i don't know when but...

yes, i know, fashion designer??!! it's a richest people's carreer!, i could see it when i went to the unibersity last month. everybody looked at me as an antz, tiny and insignificant...they have cool and very expensive clothes, but i've a new for you girls...i'm going to be the best fashion designer of this chool and i'll look at you like an antz... haaaaaaaaahaaaaaaahaaa!!!

oO my fan?> Oo

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I want to be either a Radio DJ or a Writer. If that doesn't work out (which is very possible) I guess I'm screwed =)
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Member The Unafective Disease is infamous around these parts The Unafective Disease is infamous around these parts The Unafective Disease is infamous around these parts The Unafective Disease is infamous around these parts The Unafective Disease is infamous around these parts The Unafective Disease is infamous around these parts The Unafective Disease is infamous around these parts The Unafective Disease is infamous around these parts The Unafective Disease is infamous around these parts The Unafective Disease is infamous around these parts The Unafective Disease is infamous around these parts The Unafective Disease's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2006 01:55 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat
    Big friggen deal? Then I'll be the first white devil to invade the Japanese manga scene.
    i agree with you it really dont matter because pretty much all rapers were black and then eminem came into the picture

Susie the dotted doll Inarrca has much to be proud of Inarrca has much to be proud of Inarrca has much to be proud of Inarrca has much to be proud of Inarrca has much to be proud of Inarrca has much to be proud of Inarrca has much to be proud of Inarrca has much to be proud of Inarrca has much to be proud of Inarrca's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-02-2007 10:32 AM
    In the land of bratwirst and beer.... should be in California T-T
    Threads

I always had a dream of being a writer/artist, and electronics has always been a passion......But..... Seeing as the Army has put it's brand on me all ready *Takes a cheese gratter to the mark on his neck* jk .....but I'll have to go with the U.S Army

Souhi's beloved fangirl *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.* has a reputation beyond repute *.:Endless Sky:.*'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2009 11:59 AM
    Threads

I do have a dream, but it's difficult to tell which direction to head in. I've always wanted to do something involving animals, and there are numerous jobs that fit that.

Someday I'll know.
    ~Thanks, Souhi! I heart it!~

Senior Member Pahuljica is a jewel in the rough Pahuljica is a jewel in the rough Pahuljica is a jewel in the rough Pahuljica's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2007 09:25 AM
    In that forgotten part of town where wasted hopes and dreams abound
    Threads

i allways loved science esp. biology so i've choosen to be a microbiologist. being a scientist is a dream job: slow, with no hurry, with good microscope and some bacteria plus some remedy = paradise

There is a part of me

That feels I am different from everyone else.
    Something that I can't quite see,
    Something that I can't quite feel,
    Something so unreal.
    But this 'thing' is always there,
    This 'thing' with others, I will never share.

Goddess of Wisdom ~*Athena*~ has much to be proud of ~*Athena*~ has much to be proud of ~*Athena*~ has much to be proud of ~*Athena*~ has much to be proud of ~*Athena*~ has much to be proud of ~*Athena*~ has much to be proud of ~*Athena*~ has much to be proud of ~*Athena*~ has much to be proud of ~*Athena*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2006 10:43 AM
    Mt. Olympus..don't worry..am still watching you..im a goddess remember??♥
    Threads

i am now working on my career..
    i got myself enrolled in a university that teaches managerial course..
    i want to be a manager someday, that's why..
    but i got a problem..
    my cousins wants me to be a lawyer..>.<
    that's why im thinking if i have to shift to being a lawyer..
    a hard decision..

[very much grateful to pyrothunder336 for my very nice siggy..]

Meet my family in:

~*MY JOURNAL*~

..♦certified super gal♦..

r u one of us??
    add to ur siggies..

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've always dreamed of becoming a vet. I love animals but it's not right. A childhood thing. I want to be in a job involving manga producing or animation/media with my honey. But that's just a fantasy. I'm going to end up working some crappy job paying minimum wage just to feed myself. It's difficult to get in the big businesses. And I plan on going to college. Haven't yet chosen a master but I want to work with computers. Throwing that aside I want to be some type of secretary for a high official.

LOVE glue gunnin Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2010 12:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: EWW THE WEE

Well, since I'm right on my way to college, I have lots of dream jobs. However, I always wanted to be a farm animal care specialist. Meaning basically a vetrinarian for farm animals. (Horses, cows, chickens, etc.) I've also, for a long time now, wanted to be a Child Psychologist. Because I love children so much, and helping them with giving them advice and such, which I'm already good at, seems very appealing to me. A daycare owner came up once, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be good enough. @@; And currently, I'm starting to work on being a History Professor. But we'll see as time goes on. College is full of options and you realize just how many when you get there.

i won't tell you that i love you
    K I S S OR H U G YOU
    cuz i'm bluffin with my muffin
    i'm not lyin', i'm just stunnin with my
    LOVE glue gunnin
    can't read my POKER FACE

Owner of Spaghetti Cat Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2010 10:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gandizzl

Hmmm...
    Hopefully something in the area of study I'm doing now (Media&Communication. It's lots of journalism, graphic design, movie making etc etc ).
    So I would like to be an critic (if that is how you write it? XD).
    Music or video game critic.
    Or something in graphic design could be possible...
    I'll see where I go in a year I guess.

Ari Gold set by dotmyztick <33

Wonderwice fan nr.1
    |Gan, Lettuce and CFA..
    Corrupting the Masses since 2006|
    Gandy-Man and Bunster saving one pimp and one pornstar at a time.

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Right now I'm focusing myself towards becoming a Computer Engineer, and then landing a job at AMD or Intel to go into CPU design. Look out for the Googolplex-Core processor in the near future.

Closed Thread

Thread Information