AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: good or evil? please be honest

Pockets full of posies Alice_Fallen_Cloud will become famous soon enough Alice_Fallen_Cloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2006 04:01 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default good or evil? please be honest

First reflect on what you know about yourself, look inward and be honest with yourself because in the grand scheme, you cant lie to you. if you were given an opportunity to have near ultimate power, longevity, intelligence, a secure afterlife etc. (think spawn i guess but without the makeover and responsibilty) would you willingly take up arms on the side of evil, keeping in mind all of evil generous seductions and promises?

i honestly think offered anything i wanted namely loves return would be near impossible to turn down but knowing of ts forced nature i probably wouldnt accept it i prefer things to be genuine and free from force
    Last edited by Alice_Fallen_Cloud; 07-10-2006 at 12:51 AM.
    "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war"
    "Every day is another chance to turn it all around"

Banned Forum / Chat Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2006 07:18 PM
    Threads

I would use my powers for evil and cause much destruction.

Grammar Nazi viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2006 08:00 AM
    Threads

wait, there's an evil side? when did that happen? In a relative moral environment, you can't have an absolute evil. It don't work! What's the definition of this "evil"? If I don't know which evil you're talking about, I can't make my decision.
    Remember, for every interesting or cool sig you read, there are at least 10 boring sigs that make you hate reading sigs.

Have something different, then.

Pockets full of posies Alice_Fallen_Cloud will become famous soon enough Alice_Fallen_Cloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

and why cant you? consider all the worst things in just your imagination, keeping in mind thats only what youve thought of, then magnify all the pain, suffering, and loss and attribute it to nothing because evil needs no reason to destroy.
    hypothetically think of everything you have to lose, your family your friends your memories your soul...all because someone felt like it
    Quote Originally Posted by viewtyjoe
    wait, there's an evil side? when did that happen? In a relative moral environment, you can't have an absolute evil. It don't work! What's the definition of this "evil"? If I don't know which evil you're talking about, I can't make my decision.

Member Tschita will become famous soon enough Tschita's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2007 08:20 AM
    there are no places for people with horns sticking out of their head to live
    Threads

I would kill all people I hate with my new power

Grammar Nazi viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2006 08:00 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Alice_Fallen_Cloud
    and why cant you? consider all the worst things in just your imagination, keeping in mind thats only what youve thought of, then magnify all the pain, suffering, and loss and attribute it to nothing because evil needs no reason to destroy.
    hypothetically think of everything you have to lose, your family your friends your memories your soul...all because someone felt like it
    You have yet to answer my question, nor did you seem to understand what I was trying to say. I guess this time I'll be frank. Evil is relative, unless you're trying to push your beliefs onto me, which I don't take kindly to. What you see as evil, I can just as easily see as good.

(If you are easily offended by 9/11, please stop reading now, as I'm going to take this where you don't want to go)

Example: 9/11, Thousands dead. Evil act? If you believe that Islamic extremists are evil, yes. They killed thousands because they decided that the thousands deserved to die. This act can only be construed as evil if you believe that those who died didn't deserve to die. Now, for those who committed this act, it was best thing that they could do. They sent the people who committed atrocity after atrocity in their homelands the message that they were sick of these nonbelievers telling them what they had to do, and that they would respond in kind. Who's really evil in this case? There is no specific answer, as it depends on your beliefs.

The goal of this rather over-the-top scenario is to try and get it through your heads that good and evil are not absolutes! Good is what you say is good. Evil is what you say is evil. If you look hard enough, there is no such thing as a causeless action.
    Remember, for every interesting or cool sig you read, there are at least 10 boring sigs that make you hate reading sigs.

Have something different, then.

[K_K]'z Death Plague akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2007 06:26 PM
    Threads

I don't believe in good and evil. If I did I would say probably no. I am who I am, and I have tried to go against my nature in the past only to fail miserably. I think most of my nature would fall into what people consider good rather than evil. I can think of nothing to recieve that would tempt me to take such an offer.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My silence could mean you are not worth the argument.

"For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

your overcomplicating this, what i was refering to was evil by your own definition, i gave you my definition and you took it as force of belief, you can justify pointless carnage however you like, this has nothing to do with poltics, its merely perspective, you're looking at it as right and wrong not good and evil, evil is something morally bad by ones own definition, the choice to commit an evil act
    anyway this isnt a debate and if all you care to do is argue, im not really in the mood, you either understood me or you didnt, it wasnt up to me to prove anything to you
    Quote Originally Posted by viewtyjoe
    You have yet to answer my question, nor did you seem to understand what I was trying to say. I guess this time I'll be frank. Evil is relative, unless you're trying to push your beliefs onto me, which I don't take kindly to. What you see as evil, I can just as easily see as good.

(If you are easily offended by 9/11, please stop reading now, as I'm going to take this where you don't want to go)

Example: 9/11, Thousands dead. Evil act? If you believe that Islamic extremists are evil, yes. They killed thousands because they decided that the thousands deserved to die. This act can only be construed as evil if you believe that those who died didn't deserve to die. Now, for those who committed this act, it was best thing that they could do. They sent the people who committed atrocity after atrocity in their homelands the message that they were sick of these nonbelievers telling them what they had to do, and that they would respond in kind. Who's really evil in this case? There is no specific answer, as it depends on your beliefs.

The goal of this rather over-the-top scenario is to try and get it through your heads that good and evil are not absolutes! Good is what you say is good. Evil is what you say is evil. If you look hard enough, there is no such thing as a causeless action.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't believe in good and evil.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

kinky keya Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection has a reputation beyond repute Keyasaffection's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2010 02:56 PM
    Threads

i would use them to protect myself....insted of taking sides........i would be on my side.....my gray zone.....
    "sayonara..."
    who am i a fan of ?look in my journal!!

are you a fan of me??

Senior Member Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2006 12:23 PM
    Threads

Um,i don't really know...i'm a little of both here
    Best Friend Forever: ~Pure Soul~
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny.Copy Bunny into your
    signature to help him on his way to world domination

Vividly Crazy .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2010 08:28 AM
    I'm telling you Souhi, Nessie is a tourist gag! ;___; Scotland :3
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

no matter how much i want to be evil...im too nice..XD
    good side for me..
    Sig by Me :3

[ :: Gan, Lettuce and .Alu..
    Corrupting the Masses since 2006 :: ]
    17.09.07 - Yaoi Day

Souhi - Largest Achievement Known to Man:
    Getting .Alu to watch Naruto

The Silent Ninja DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2006 01:02 PM
    Threads

Good and evil are just words based on perpective, what viewtyjoe is saying is absolutely true, but based on your perspective, I would choose evil, and then mass destruction and murder would soon be there.
    Don't let the darkness swallow you, but you shouldn't let the light blind you either.

made by thornwillow.

By Sailor Lunar Eclipse
    Family: In journal

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Joe I completely agree with what you said .. but I think there is a possiblity of absolute evil and good.

Take absolute evil... what about someone who hurts, torments and causes pain and suffering simply for the joy in doing such things? Someone who had no redeeming qualities, is so evil as to view things like lying, stealing, cheating etc. petty acts and instead relies on cold blooded and remorseless murder. Someone who would make an innocent mother beg for the life of her daughter only to kill the daughter and the mother soon after and take sheer pleasure in it. Someone who values power above all else and knows nothing but hatred.

Would this person not be the embodiment of evil? They have no particular motives, no political agenda, nothing of the sort. They are fueled simply by hatred and a desire to destroy everything they see.

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think if you're talking about 2 sides, like the evil side is a being of sublime power who temps you with your desire in exchange for your soul and mindless destruction, and the good side is your mind/morals/reasons that tell you not to give into temptation then I'd say I'd resist it. I don't think I'm capable of mindless chaos or ultimate greed. Not only am I a good natured person, but I have sworn myself to a code also. I guess I'd be "good".

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Underground Ninja Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2015 12:31 PM
    Threads

I don't now IF there really IS a good or evil side in this world....hmm*thinks of Bush*....seconds thought maybe there is evil...o_o...but I don't know if using that powers for my own self without sharing anything with other people is good though...>.>....if it is evil then Halleluya....<.<

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

there is both good and bad within us - we just choose which one we most want to be.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Does this look infected? FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2009 04:40 AM
    Threads

I've decided to be good, I am trying to be nice to everybody but those who aren't to me.
    [Feli<3Dottie<3Mori<3Lovebeat.(sig by her)]

You know that you're in love whan you can't fall asleep
    Because your reality is finally better the your dreams.
    http://felectric.deviantart.com

Senior Member ryku isaigana has a reputation beyond repute ryku isaigana has a reputation beyond repute ryku isaigana has a reputation beyond repute ryku isaigana has a reputation beyond repute ryku isaigana has a reputation beyond repute ryku isaigana has a reputation beyond repute ryku isaigana has a reputation beyond repute ryku isaigana has a reputation beyond repute ryku isaigana has a reputation beyond repute ryku isaigana has a reputation beyond repute ryku isaigana has a reputation beyond repute ryku isaigana's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2008 03:27 PM
    Threads

I'm neither good nor evil. Simply between day and night I am dawn.
    Choosing a path...

...is much harder than you think.
    -------------------------

Senior Member sapphiredragon is a jewel in the rough sapphiredragon is a jewel in the rough sapphiredragon is a jewel in the rough sapphiredragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2006 12:05 AM
    Threads

I think having the powers of which you speak would get pretty boring pretty quickly. I'm quite alright without powers like that, thank you.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

the point isnt the power its the moral dilemma. taking what you know about yourself and breaking it down completely, really it has nothing to do with me its about your own selfreflection, instead i get religious and political debate ARRRGGH!!!

i keep getting responses about power, yes i know i mentioned it but it was meant to describe what "some" value most, and admit it or not most people desire it or the world wouldnt be what it is

Phantom Thief Dark Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2006 12:16 AM
    In the middle of freakin nowhere...seriously
    Threads

If I was offered all of that...I would have to accept it. I already am evil enough and I want to rule the world and have ultimate power...so yea if I was offered all that stuff I would accept it
    http://s1.bitefight.org/*************58159
    http://z10.************.com/MidnightSanctuary/
    Please go to and check out my site. I just made it so I dont know if you will like it.

(\_/)
    (o.O)
    (> <) This is bunny.Copy Bunny in to your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
    Owner:Luxa II

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

There is so much I want to say but won't because I told Minako I'd be good.

Needless to say I strongly doubt anybody here has a true grasp on what it is to be actually evil.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-1969 07:00 PM
    Threads

Don't belive in good and evil, but in cause and effect

Senior Member cat lord3 will become famous soon enough cat lord3 will become famous soon enough cat lord3's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2007 03:54 PM
    Threads

i would be evil so i could do anything i wanted
    I DIDNT DO It

Closed Thread

Thread Information