AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Is Religion Necesary?

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Repent Sagat, repent!!

Bitten by SLE. Sabrina Elric has a spectacular aura about Sabrina Elric has a spectacular aura about Sabrina Elric's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2006 11:19 AM
    Threads

Religon is a rather difficult subjected but I beleive that we need religion. We need to beleive in God because what would we do. There is no way that I am going to start to beleive that science is the answer to everything.

I am not part of this world, I do not belong. I am just a girl with dreams, and who know where they will take me. Dreams that may seem impossible to you, but to me they are the fabric of reality.

Chocolate is.....everything

Junior Member Ether is on a distinguished road Ether's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2006 05:52 PM
    Threads

religion is not a necesity, I supose.

"Don't be fooled by an apperence"

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat
    So I am destined to an eternity of flames for not believing what you believe? You are precisely why I have such a burning hatred for Christianity.
    If you havn't already read it, you're really going to love Nietzsche's "The Antichrist" (e-book here).

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina Elric
    Religon is a rather difficult subjected but I beleive that we need religion. We need to beleive in God because what would we do. There is no way that I am going to start to beleive that science is the answer to everything.
    Yeah, except that people do live just fine without. Ignorance of your place in the world does not mean that a deity must exist to give you purpose.

Also, unlike Religion, Science is not supposed to be an end. It doesn't give all the answers, and was never intended to. It wasn’t meant to replace religion. Could it? Not really.

Science is based in using logic to deduce a better understanding of the physical realm. Religion is based on believing in a Deity to give one better understanding of the spiritual realm. However, I can’t blindly believe in something just because someone tells me it’s true. I want verifiability.

Therefore, I believe in Agnosticism mixed with parts of Deism. A deity, if he exists, did not create earth by act of special creation, much less man, and he either does not care about earth, or refuses to act. However, there is no evidence supporting or disproving the existence of said deity, and therefore, his existence is a moot point. I live therefore, appreciating the world in spite of its inequities, and trying to carve out a niche matching my abilities. Then I intend to reproduce, and die as an old man, secure in the knowledge that I did as well as anyone. Do I think an afterlife exists? No. Does that bug me? No. Who wants to live forever?
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Member famous is on a distinguished road famous's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2006 07:11 PM
    Threads

Wink

So I am destined to an eternity of flames for not believing what you believe? You are precisely why I have such a burning hatred for Christianity.

There is so much more I want to say. There is such a scathing attack I want to start on your religion .. but will not. God help you if you or anyone else in your ill-begotten faith were to say this to my face.

oh no sir

i do not believe umn that just cuz ur not my religion u have an eternity of flames

i was how do u say it

i was just posting a come back

anyway

umn no i believe that God is the best to judge us all

he knows best who is good and bad

it does not matter what religion u r

cuz ur parents have brought u up that way

so it is not ur fault

and i also do not believe

that just cuz Adam and Eve ate that apple

we all have sins

cuz everyone is a pure baby at some time

he is not born with sin

and also we do not need God's son to forgive us

we need God to forgive us

Because God is one

not 2 or 3

and any had a chance at heaven as long as he does the best he can

i do not believe that u will not go to heaven just because you are Christian or a Jew or a Muslim

anyone has a chance at it

you need to read the Qur'an

it will open your mind up

seriously

i am telling u this as a friend i guess

and one more thing

i do not believe in when someone slaps u

that u need to turn and let him slap u again

this is an interesting talk we have
    we should be friends
    ^^

Digital Plague Seyia has a spectacular aura about Seyia has a spectacular aura about Seyia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2006 06:47 PM
    Threads

Religion=war=death
    bang wowowo

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Seyia
    Religion=war=death
    you=disaster=distruction=dumbness=unhappiness
    whats your problem man?.. you have a problem with religion? ( then i suggest you fix it)

Religion=warshiping=happiness=heaven

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by famous
    you=disaster=distruction=dumbness=unhappiness
    whats your problem man?.. you have a problem with religion? ( then i suggest you fix it)

Religion=warshiping=happiness=heaven
    Uh, and the crusades were completely unrelated to religion?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

they killed people
    islam does not allow killing
    and guess who was being killed by the crusaders?
    muslim ( people who were following islam)
    they were innocent
    the crusaders kill and there for i do not beleive they were with any religion but saton's religion

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by famous
    they killed people
    islam does not allow killing
    and guess who was being killed by the crusaders?
    muslim ( people who were following islam)
    they were innocent
    the crusaders kill and there for i do not beleive they were with any religion but saton's religion
    I was under the impression that Islam is an "upgrade" of Christianity so to speak--that Muhammad is another in a long line of prophets (including Jesus and Moses).

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

it is
    but see religions have changed over time without the original text to support it
    right now there are so many different versions of the bible
    you know?
    but islam is a completion of the true christianity
    and it always has the original text with it unlike the bible which has changed over years

i mean beleivig God has a son
    that means there are 2 Gods
    that is an awful thing to say
    and if he has a son, why would he let him die?
    i mean God is the merciful, the best.
    if there were 2 gods there would be an argument in our creation and we would have lots of problems and issues
    cuz who could create such a peacfull place with perfect unity and beauty
    besides isn't Adam and Eve created the same way Jesus was
    so that means we are all decendents of God
    if so does that mean we are brotheren and sisters with insects and animals
    anyway
    if we are all his children
    why should he liek one more than the other
    thats why i say there is one God not 2
    not a father not a son
    just one

Member __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2006 05:49 PM
    Alabama. Southern to the core. And yes, I even have the accent that goes with it.
    Threads

Default Long post, but I wanted to let people know what true Christians are like

Hey Sagat, there ARE some of us good Christians out there. You gotta understand that the people who follow this religion vary in thoughts, perspectives, and personality very greatly. People who follow this religion that I cannot stand: Evangelists that are only after peoples' money, Hypocritical "I'm so perfect" type people that instead of actually following the religion spend their time criticizing others, people who are megalomaniacs and try to turn the religion into some sort of social heiarchy (looking down on others who come to chruch dressed less extravagently than they are, looking down on people with less money who don't put as much money in the collection plate as them, use positions and extra church activities as a way to be better than others and look down on those that only come to chruch to worship and leave at the end of the service, and basically trying to incorporate stupid high school social standards into the church), overly fanatical Christians who seem to have forgotton what the religion is really about and spend their time attacking things they think are satanic trying to make big deals over stupid crap (like those people who were calling Harry Potter, Pokemon, and a bunch of other stuff satanic. A good example of this would be Jack Thompson, even though I don't think he's ever called a videogame satanic, but he uses his Christian views as a reason for doing what he does), politicians who use Christianity as a tool to help them in their campaign, and many other people who make a bad name for other Christians.

Notice all the different kinds of Christians that I don't like that I listed are all commiting sins in their own faith based on the reasons I don't like them. Not only that, but they think that what their doing is good for the Christian religion.

These kinds of Christians that I listed make it really hard for good Christians to find a decent church. The church I used to go to was really nice looking, big, and had alot of money put into it. All the people there dressed really nice. They had all kinds of programs like Sunday school services for every different age group, a large youth group that went on vacations to all kinds of different places multiple times per year, many different extra programs to be a part of, nice dinners for the people attending the church were served quite often, and they even had an after school daycare for kids as well as a nursery for babies. Top that off with a huge and talented choir and a large church staff and you have yourself a great church, right? WRONG. The people there were so snobby and egotistic, they would sneer at people whose cloths were not as expensive or nice as theirs, if someone put less money in the collection plate because they could not afford to put more in they were looked down on, if you weren't in all kinds of extra programs the chruch had you were also looked down upon, they even would talk about people behind their backs! These people were adults, too! The church did have one really good thing going for it, though. It had a GREAT preacher, who was down to Earth, funny, nice, caring, and really took the religion very seriously. He looked down upon no one and treated everybody as equals. He was one of the types who was there to preach about God and make sure we all knew exactly why we should praise God so much and even explained into detail why God would frown upon each sin and he even adressed some things I didn't even know were true sins. He wasn't fanatical or overly conservative either, when my brother got married, he called him and his wife into his office and started explaining the great things about marriage to them, even going into the subject of sex. His exact words were something like: "Now that you are married there is nothing you cannot consentually do together that is a sin, I want you two to know that I hope you two have GREAT sex!" Not to mention when my brother asked him to perform his wedding for him he let no personal engagements stop him. He even left the church because of the way the people were and started his own from scratch. The church was ment to bring things back to the basics of true Christianity. His idea was a church where no one cared what you were wearing (people even come in jeans and a t-shirt, and girls are allowed to wear pants, unlike the other one wear they were expected to wear long skirts only) and were just glad you came to worship God. He didn't have all that many people follow him out of the church, so he had difficulties doing it, but the people attending it are actually doing things to help, things that aren't in some "extra program", just real things to really help whenever possible. Needless to say I now attend his chruch. We don't even have a building yet, they are trying to finance that right now. They don't care how big or extravagent the building is, as long as it's fit for worshiping. As a matter of fact, they are currently holding the service in the lunchroom of the high school in my town.

Sorry, I know it's a long post, I just felt the need to adress some of the views people have of Christians, most which are because of those Christians that have made a bad name for us. But I completely understand why non-Christians see Christians the way they do, but I thought you all should know that we are not all like that.
    Shinji Ikari=The Jack Tripper of anime.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeah i agree with you about the harry potter and pokemon thingi
    yeha
    you watch it
    does not mean
    u have to beleive it

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris
    The real question here is not 'Is Religion Necessary?', but 'Is This Topic Necessary?'.
    Sorry for sounding likae a jerk, but you need to search the forums more. The multitude of religion threads are...out of control. They make me sick. Not because of the topic; it is because of the lack of competent users and the fact that every single one catches more fire than California's woods...

As the topic questions...
    I belive religion is as necassary as it means to you. Churches are compositions of wood and stone. They are not God. I believ as long as you do what is right, then you will go to heaven. But I am Catholic. Maybe I am wrong and the Satanists, or the Muslims, or the Lutherans, etc. are right. I do not care. All I know is what I believe and whatever the consequences/rewards are, I am ready to accept them...
    do i know you?

Mini_Twilight's Slave Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2008 09:01 PM
    Threads

Please keep the spam and off-topicness out of this. I am trying to be nice and allow this thread, even tho I want to close it.

Senior Member lex__luthor is infamous around these parts lex__luthor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2007 03:21 PM
    Threads

i think religion is necesary but it would be scary to think what it would be like if we had no religion
    Well im getting back to this website hope you can give me rep because as you can see i need it.

Member __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2006 05:49 PM
    Alabama. Southern to the core. And yes, I even have the accent that goes with it.
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Bean Bandit
    Please keep the spam and off-topicness out of this. I am trying to be nice and allow this thread, even tho I want to close it.
    Spam and offtopicness, really? Everything I've seen in these posts has pertained to religion (the only exception being yours). What would give you the urge to close this thread? Do you have something against the discussion of religion? I find that boarderline insulting. We are discussing a serious, mature, universally relavent topic, and yes, there have been some people posting immature posts that don't really contribute to the flow of conversation and some that have criticized others for their beliefs, but that's what makes it so great, it gives us the chance to witness to others and and educate those that may be ignorent with ideas and values they were not raised with. While you reserve the right to close this thread you know another one similar would be posted within a day. That's because it's in our nature to discuss such things with one another, seeking others who share a common view. So, like I was saying you definately reserve that right but it would only make people take this place less seriously.

By the way thank you for being so nice and allowing us to carry on an adult conversation. After all, it probably wouldn't bother you too much if we were all talking about our favorite kind of pocky right now, would it?
    Shinji Ikari=The Jack Tripper of anime.

cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2007 07:25 PM
    Threads

There is so much more I want to say. There is such a scathing attack I want to start on your religion .. but will not. God help you if you or anyone else in your ill-begotten faith were to say this to my face.
    i think religion is necessary cuz sometimes i need to feel that there is a higher power than me and that sometimes i need a guid to lead me to right way or to remind me to stay away from wrong or bad things. and also if i didnt have a religion i'd go crazy cuz there would be so much questions that wouldnt have answers like how earth was created how i was created. and i belive tht no one will ever help me more in times of crises or any other time other the God . so ya but thats my belive

well i tried to stay away from this thread as much as possible but i cant some wrong things have been said about my religion and i cant just stand there and leave poor famous alone so dont blame me ppl. famous hasnt asked anyone to belive in Islam he was just expressing his ideas or belives and he never said anyone else was wrong.

Sagat that was really mean " ill-begotten faith" thats not true. i love my religion the fact that is u dont like my religion doesnt mean u go off saying mean stuff about my religion i dont know what religion u r or if u have one that isnt any of my busness its urs . besides u said if u have something nice to say then say it if u dont then dont thats what u said to famous but here u r saying mean stuff about my religion. Sagat everyone have there belives some would love to have the rest of the world to belive in what they belive in like me but i cant make anyone do that its the other's own choices not my choices everyone has to carry there own consiconquences on there own shoulders. and im not saying that my religion is right i mean everybody belives that there religion is THE religion just like i do. but thats everybody. and besides if u think my religion ( Islam) is bad tell me whats so bad about it why do u want to raise a attack on it so much. maby i can help on explainning something or maby i cant and i'll just have to accept the fact that u dont like my religion just dont say bad stuff about it based on one side u heard or saw ya gota study it from all different views even if u dont get convinced by the other views at least u'll know that there is a good and peacful side. there always is a good peacful side to everything . i've studied some other religions and i found out why ppl might belive those things i mean i used to say that it was just weird that was there religion but now i kinda understand i mean everybody has a different prospective that they look at things from. so ya i really tried to stay away from this thread but i just had to .
    *lost in the world of broken and dead hearts,
    traped in the mist of ones who lied,
    confused by how foolish i am ,
    wanting to disappear in my world alone with ones who care for me,
    is that forbidden to ask that-tell me someone*

sig by Nespa thank u so much ur awsome !!! lol ^.^
    the famous Crimson Soul the best stalker ever

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

My replies are in orange because I'm too lazy to separate everything

Quote Originally Posted by cherryblosmes
    i think religion is necessary cuz sometimes i need to feel that there is a higher power than me and that sometimes i need a guid to lead me to right way or to remind me to stay away from wrong or bad things.

That is because you yourself are not capable and/or strong of will of regulating your own behaviour.

and also if i didnt have a religion i'd go crazy cuz there would be so much questions that wouldnt have answers like how earth was created how i was created. and i belive tht no one will ever help me more in times of crises or any other time other the God . so ya but thats my belive

I see. So instead of attempting to discern these answers for what they are through science, you create fairy-tales and "filler" answers to soothe your soul.

well i tried to stay away from this thread as much as possible but i cant some wrong things have been said about my religion and i cant just stand there and leave poor famous alone so dont blame me ppl. famous hasnt asked anyone to belive in Islam he was just expressing his ideas or belives and he never said anyone else was wrong.

Leave poor Famous alone? Have you see the crap he's saying? Ignore his mind boggling spelling aside here, he is expressing the idea that I will burn in flames for not believing. So how the hell does that mean "he never said anyone else was wrong?"

Sagat that was really mean " ill-begotten faith" thats not true. i love my religion the fact that is u dont like my religion doesnt mean u go off saying mean stuff about my religion i dont know what religion u r or if u have one that isnt any of my busness its urs .

Oh, and I suppose it's permissable for someone to declare I'm going to hell for not believing, huh? Are you also one of these PC nuts? And I don't mean computer.

Sagat everyone have there belives some would love to have the rest of the world to belive in what they belive in

What a perfect world that would be.

and im not saying that my religion is right i mean everybody belives that there religion is THE religion just like i do. but thats everybody. and besides if u think my religion ( Islam) is bad tell me whats so bad about it why do u want to raise a attack on it so much.

I could have sworn I said Christianity. Don't want to know how you confused that with Islam but if you want to find out what is so bad about it just look at the problems in the Middle East for the last thousand years.

maby i can help on explainning something or maby i cant and i'll just have to accept the fact that u dont like my religion just dont say bad stuff about it based on one side u heard or saw ya gota study it from all different views even if u dont get convinced by the other views at least u'll know that there is a good and peacful side.

There you go assuming again, I am not surprised by now though. I've studied it and have two Islamic friends in the army and have heard their sides in this whole Islam-conflict thing going on in the world. I like Islam more than dislike it although again I am not sure how this got switched to Islam.

there always is a good peacful side to everything . i've studied some other religions and i found out why ppl might belive those things i mean i used to say that it was just weird that was there religion but now i kinda understand i mean everybody has a different prospective that they look at things from. so ya i really tried to stay away from this thread but i just had to .

Perhaps next time you will study science and find the true answers to things instead of believing elaborate tales to do it for you.
    Finally:

Quote Originally Posted by __Jesse__
    By the way thank you for being so nice and allowing us to carry on an adult conversation. After all, it probably wouldn't bother you too much if we were all talking about our favorite kind of pocky right now, would it?
    Well said.

And to the bad repper: leave a name next time you baby.
    Last edited by Sagat; 07-22-2006 at 07:57 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeah.
    your right cherryblosmes
    umn i think
    that all ppl should read about all religions and then they would understand eachother
    and maybe
    they would all find the right religion
    and also
    umn yeah i have read about other religions too
    and everythign makes sence to me

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Science does not explain everything; the concept of evolution isn't even half the truth.

Were those "Islamic friends" of yours believers or just namely Islamic, also, do they believe in the concept of evolution? If so, then thats not what we call true Muslims, it has been said in the Qur’an that Humans were created from clay/earth!

Umn I tolled u I was just coming up with a comeback about the eternity of flames thing (I was being honest)

And besides did u not read what I said?

I was saying that everyone has a chance at heaven

Just have to be good

We can not judge who goes to heaven

ONLY God

ONLY him

He is the only one who can judge us

No one else

He is the best

He knows what we have done

If someone was born in a family that believed wrong

It is not their fault

So God can judge them

We cannot walk in God's territory

And sorry for the typos

I was in a hurry

They are mostly typos

Some were bad spellings

but mostly typos

but anyway

Fairy tales?

come on

It makes more sense that we were descended form Adam and Eve

than to say we were monkeys

and then we evolved to humans

It does not make sense that

The world was created by a big bang

lol

that is silly

one accident

and wow we are here

lol

I do not think so

God created us all

Last edited by famous; 07-18-2006 at 03:24 PM.

Moderator / Chat Admin Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2013 05:06 PM
    Threads

I study religion, many various ones, as a hobby. I was raised Christian, dated Wiccans, and my best friend for the past three years is Muslim. I'm well educated in Tao and Zen, and I'm familiar with the various religions of the East. I've studied the development and evolution of religion starting from the beginning of civilization; from Ancient Paganism into Christianity, Judaism and Islam in the Middle East. And if there is any "truth" I've found, it is this:

Faith brings us together.

Religion drives us apart.

These eight simple words speak volumes.

I won't presume to tell anyone WHAT to have Faith in. Different people NEED to believe in different things. That's reality, it's just how we are. But it just makes me sick all the hypocritical idiots who preach "Love God. Celebrate Life. And think and act exactly the way I think you should or suffer never-ending violence and death."

Not all religious people do this, but a small percentage is sufficient to create a huge problem.

I personally consider myself a Spiritual Humanist. It focuses on logic, faith in humanity, and having a sense of right and wrong and helping others without needing to rely on a deity for guidance.

In my case, however, I didn't need religion to teach me that.

Quote Originally Posted by __Jesse__
    What would give you the urge to close this thread? Do you have something against the discussion of religion? I find that boarderline insulting.
    Religious topics are especially prone to spiraling out of control, and usually require more moderation than any other kind, relatively speaking. This thread has already exceeded the average life expectancy of such highly controversial subjects. Not because WE have something against religion, but because most people tend to have something against other people's views on it. That should be self-evident if you've read the posts up through this one.
    Last edited by Cless Alvein; 07-18-2006 at 08:20 PM.

Anime Forum's First Generation

Quality Since 1999

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

oh.
    interesting things you mentioned
    well i do not think religion drives us apart
    if we only studdied about each other
    everyone does not do this
    just some ppl

some ppl just go with the media and assume ppl in the middle east are terrrorist
    wich infact
    do they evern know what the ward means?
    if they did
    they would know if you kill
    then you are a terrorrist
    if they studdied religions
    then they would know that it is agains islam to kill ppl
    so the media is currupt
    but anyway
    i have friends of all religions
    i enjoy religious talks
    i like ppl who are religious
    it really does not matter much too me what religion they are
    but it is really nice that they are religious
    i have friends of all religions
    christianity
    islam
    Jewdisim
    yeah
    lol
    and i forgot to ansere sagats question about the middle east
    if anybody does somethign wrong that does not make the religion wrong
    and besides alot of the problems, esspecially recently are when other countries like america decide they want the country to be just liek themselves
    if other countries did not interfere it would be way better

cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2007 07:25 PM
    Threads

ur right about all what u said famous. i totaly agree with u and i agree with some of the stuff that Lance wisteria said. and AGAIN im not asking anyone to convert im just saying what i belive in i like this disscution. but Sagat i was pointing out something and i think it got to some ppl well but u on the other hand attacked me for no reasone and i was nice so that was no way of being civilized i never critisized wht u belive in. and famous may have u said u will burn in hell but then he cleared it up and whether u hold that as a grudge or not thats up to u. and if u have something nice to say then say if u dont then dont but if disagree with something i said u can express ur view in a more nicer way. and u cant tell me that im not strong or so i belive in what i belive and if u actually got into u it u might understand but u wont all ur doing is attacking and not giving a chance for u mind to think i told i dont care what u belive in its ur busniness i didnt call u dumb for what u belive in so u cant tell me im weak for wanting a god to exsit. and for some ppl u know if they didnt have a religion they'd DIE cuz they live on beliving that there is a god and they have a reasone to live. i mean some ppl live for god and if they didnt have a purpose to live they'd kill themselfs do u see how important religion is to some ppl it actually saves lives. and anyways i am stoping cuz all im gona get from is being offended and u r just going to keep attacking i was just having a discussion thats all.
    *lost in the world of broken and dead hearts,
    traped in the mist of ones who lied,
    confused by how foolish i am ,
    wanting to disappear in my world alone with ones who care for me,
    is that forbidden to ask that-tell me someone*

sig by Nespa thank u so much ur awsome !!! lol ^.^
    the famous Crimson Soul the best stalker ever

Closed Thread

Thread Information