AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Is Religion Necesary?

Red Order Member Suki The Werecat will become famous soon enough Suki The Werecat will become famous soon enough Suki The Werecat's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2006 03:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default hmm...

Religion? Now adays seems more like a cult than anything about spirtual beliefs...if you don't fit their expectations...you public enemy number one mate....indeed a sad world we live in....
    May judgement be passed...

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suki The Werecat
    Religion? Now adays seems more like a cult than anything about spirtual beliefs...if you don't fit their expectations...you public enemy number one mate....indeed a sad world we live in....
    Now adays? That's how it's been for a very long time.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Member famous is on a distinguished road famous's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2006 07:11 PM
    Threads

well said
    very good
    the guy does keep on attacking you
    he is being mean
    he sould be nicer
    do not worry
    i do not think u will be liek offended
    not as long as ther is oine person that is agreeing with you
    you know?

cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2007 07:25 PM
    Threads

yeah that is true totaly true............ i wish it werent ( about religion being a cult and stuff) ya i know what u mean famous
    *lost in the world of broken and dead hearts,
    traped in the mist of ones who lied,
    confused by how foolish i am ,
    wanting to disappear in my world alone with ones who care for me,
    is that forbidden to ask that-tell me someone*

sig by Nespa thank u so much ur awsome !!! lol ^.^
    the famous Crimson Soul the best stalker ever

Junior Member Purple Princess is on a distinguished road Purple Princess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2006 09:51 PM
    Threads

Well, firstly, it's a good way to control people. Tell them God made you king, and disobeying the law leads to eternal damnation, and you're good to go! On a more personal level, reality is tough. Some people need religion in order to cope with reality. It's an illusion in order to soften reality. It also helps to limit freedom by giving people rules to live by, therefore they don't have to think as much for themselves. Sadly, some people really need that sort of crutch in order to survive reality. As long as they leave me alone, I don't really mind.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeah that is true totaly true............ i wish it werent ( about religion being a cult and stuff) ya i know what u mean famous

yeah

i still think when you studdy all religions
    then you find the true religion

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Princess
    Well, firstly, it's a good way to control people. Tell them God made you king, and disobeying the law leads to eternal damnation, and you're good to go! On a more personal level, reality is tough. Some people need religion in order to cope with reality. It's an illusion in order to soften reality. It also helps to limit freedom by giving people rules to live by, therefore they don't have to think as much for themselves. Sadly, some people really need that sort of crutch in order to survive reality. As long as they leave me alone, I don't really mind.
    umn how is it sad?
    Last edited by famous; 07-18-2006 at 09:29 PM.

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I never expected this thread to go on... but I'm glad.

Spiritul Humanism was it? interesting.

I've come to a conclusion after reading all (if not, most) the posts on this thread.

Is religion neccesary for human life to exist?:
    Not neccesarily, because 'Science' has came up with the theory of evolution, that is a way of explaining where humanity came from. If a deity didn't make us, then we were spawned from the science of time. If a diety did create us, then cool, yay deity. But for life to exist you need Substanance (Food/Water) and the right chemical make up (Planet and Genetic) and other things.

But saying this, I agree that religion is important. Like a saftey belt in this big world, it sheilds our integrety (By giving us morals) and brings us reasons to live. It gives us a reason to highten our intellegence to answer such questions as this one. It makes us wonder and brings us together. It diversifies us and makes the world interesting(Culture and Mythology). Though we may fight over it, so would you if your seatbelt was stuck while your car was about to explode.

That is what I gathered from this discussion (More or less).

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Member __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2006 05:49 PM
    Alabama. Southern to the core. And yes, I even have the accent that goes with it.
    Threads

To Lance Wisteria: Of coarse people are gonna have conflicting views on other peoples' views on it, I even acknowledged that in my previous post, see, that's exactly what makes it worth discussing. That's why I never go into those 'in the moment' topics, I don't really see the point that they serve. When people have something to debate over and educate others with, it makes for a more progressive conversation.

To famous: I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that English is not your first language. But I'm still trying to figure out why you post everything in an individual line? It's like you're trying to write a poem about God, Islam, the media, and your friends or something. Also, you gotta understand that we're having a hell of a time trying to figure out what it is you're trying to say. I seem to understand that you don't belong to any certain religion, but support religion and associate with people of many different religions. There is nothing wrong with that, if I met a buddhist that I likeed as a person I wouldn't reject him because of his religion. But I would also in no way acknowledge Buddah as a diety, and would try to teach him Christianity in hopes he'd make the decision to find God. My best friend is an athiest, but we've been friends ever since we were little, and I have not once tried to shove religion down his throat (except one time me and a buddy of ours MADE him say a prayer with us, but that was because we were about to take off to my house and we were so fried we couldn't tell the pavement from the grass and thought we wouldn't even make it down the road alive) but I have exposed him to Christianity by simply trying to be a good example of it myself. I think I can make out some of your post to say Islam isn't a religion that promotes murder (in refrence to al quida, I assume), and that the media was trying to make it seem like they do. But while I agree the media is a bit corrupt, you need to realize they're not trying to attack the religion, the terrorists are the ones who announce it publically as their agneda. So blame al quida for the way people view Islamic beliefs, not the media. Also, you need to remember this is a forum, not a chatroom, so you aren't expected to reply to every post someone makes. And try to post fewer amounts of words in your post because you've really confused me. And that whole post one line at a time thing just confuses me more. And I'm STILL trying to figure out where the hell I said that I watched pokemon or something, that just really confused me.

And I can't believe I didn't adress this earlier, to the topic poster: Asking if religion is 'neccessary' is one of the worst ways I've ever seen to word something. 'Necessity' seems to be little the idea of religion and dismiss it as a petty concept. Also, the main reason alot of people think it's 'neccessary', is because apparently we Christians are blind, weak, and scared and need a security blanket to hold on to. Yeah, if you think the belief in a blazing hot dimension of eternal suffering for people who commit hate crimes, kill others for enjoyment, partake in cannbalism, genocide others for the way they were born, and loads of other punishment deserving things, is a depserate attempt for false comfort, you are dead wrong.

And Sagat, the people who were telling you that you would be condemned to hell are really clueless hypocrites that I feel embarassed for having my religion represented by. God would not condemn someone to such punishments for simply doubting faith, that's why he put you here, to have you question and challenge these things, to see if you can believe in the unprovable. The people who are usually believe to be condemned are those that are filled with pointless hatred, seriously and cruely hurt/kill others, people who commit blasphemy (directly using God's name or words for your own petty purposes and mislead others) people who cause harm to children, and etc. See that's one big reason Christians are viewed the way they are. They make God sound unforgiving and ruthless and that if you commit one little sin that God hates you and you are going to Hell, that's all garbage. As a matter of fact the reason Christ sacrificed himeself was so that the future generations (that's us) are given some slack and wouldn't get sent to Hell for every little thing we do.
    Shinji Ikari=The Jack Tripper of anime.

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My conclusion--- ^ one post above you're _Jesse_

cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

um jesse the ppl who told sagat that just clearfied the fact that it was a come back and i said that he isnt going to hell and never will. and can i ask u just one thing christ by sacrifising himself does that mean that nobody will go to hell so why was hell created and why is there evil and good just a question that is if i understood u right. then why did god put us here on earth if we were all going to heaven cuz christ sacrifised himself for us? and doesnt god know everything so if he knows that if we are all going to go to heaven then why did he create christ and earth? and tetsokakon sorry my spelling is horrible sorry for posting after u conclusion but i really like ur conclusion ur veryyyyyyyyyy right ^^

Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh thanks, but you can go on if you people wish. You all seem to be having fun.
    lol.

Senior Member Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Pink And Blue Ribbon Blue Ribbon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2017 09:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Post Religion:

My opinion:

Its pretty much half and half: Religion is changing the world and making a huge difference, then again, some ppl cant live with out religion and it keeps their families together...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

jesse,
    umn sorry i am being completely honest with you,
    umn English is as good as my first language, cuz i learned it at the same time with another.
    and i am good at the language
    i am just an awful typer i guess
    sorry
    about that
    can u forgive me? sorry ><
    and i am muslim

yup deffinetly my typos
    alot of them
    i know
    yeah
    *sighs*
    sometimes bad spelling but mostly typos

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat
    So I am destined to an eternity of flames for not believing what you believe? You are precisely why I have such a burning hatred for Christianity.

There is so much more I want to say. There is such a scathing attack I want to start on your religion .. but will not. God help you if you or anyone else in your ill-begotten faith were to say this to my face.
    I'd hate to die in a 'iternety of flames'!
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

well, I don't know.

To some people religion is necesary. To others, it's not.

A religion is a belief, if it does not hurt anyone, then I don't mind it.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by moonlightkisu
    I'd hate to die in a 'iternety of flames'!
    so what do u beleive in?

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by famous
    so what do u beleive in?
    I don't know about you, but I believe that a long time ago, there was an evil space prince, his name was Emperor Xenu. He had a population problem, so what he did was collect alot of people into many spaceships, and then came to earth and threw them all into a volcano, like, Kilamanjaro or something. The souls wandered away and jumped into the bodies of the new human race, and that's why there's sadness in the world.

It's a solid religion, I mean, Tom Cruise and John Travolta are followers.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

plz tell me ur being sarcastic............. ( or not ?)

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Yes, I'm being sarcastic.....

Or am I?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

okay thank u sorry i just had to ask ............ geezy

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

oh
    so what do you real beileve in?

Junior Member scar_m is on a distinguished road scar_m's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2006 09:45 AM
    Threads

Yeah what do you believe in?
    Everyone believes in something!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

do they?
    some ppl are just atheists

Junior Member scar_m is on a distinguished road scar_m's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2006 09:45 AM
    Threads

yeah they do! Even atheists believe in something!
    Atheism is a belief itself!

Your Future depends on your dreams, so go to sleep!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well they beleive in umn
    yeah i guess they do

Closed Thread

Thread Information