AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Language Do You Speak (Normally)

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • English

29 45.31%
  • French

3 4.69%
  • Spanish

3 4.69%
  • Chinese

5 7.81%
  • Other

24 37.50%
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Which Language Is The Best?

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.McDoom!
    Hmmm... Not exactly the best... but PHP is more popular than HTML. Although the most expert are JS, but i'm soo sick of downloading Java crap, so, PHP wins.
    Also, Visual Basic sucks! Get C+
    Eh? The only thing Java Script has in common with Java is the name, and some syntactical details. Beyond that, they are two different languages, and it is (used as) an extension to HTML.

PHP generates HTML (and JS if you'd like it to).

Yes, Visual Basic sucks. C+ is, however not a lanaugage; C and C++ are languages.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

The Closet Girl... Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku has much to be proud of Anime_Otaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2007 11:43 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by akari_aurion
    It all depends on your culture. if you speak no other language than english, you wouldn't have the right to compare.
    yes, thats exactly right!

Member BlackLanternTL is infamous around these parts BlackLanternTL is infamous around these parts BlackLanternTL is infamous around these parts BlackLanternTL is infamous around these parts BlackLanternTL is infamous around these parts BlackLanternTL is infamous around these parts BlackLanternTL is infamous around these parts BlackLanternTL is infamous around these parts BlackLanternTL is infamous around these parts BlackLanternTL is infamous around these parts BlackLanternTL is infamous around these parts BlackLanternTL's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2006 11:20 PM
    Threads

Default guess

if you come to this country you better learn to speak anglish.
    life is a party. the music's bad, someone spiked the punch, and the afterparty is in the ground

Member kawaii_develish_twins will become famous soon enough kawaii_develish_twins's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2006 11:34 PM
    Threads

english is by far the easiest language cause im learning japanese and i live in the us and japanese is a hell of a lot harder i mean come on it only has 26 letters and japan has like 100 (actually a lot more but.......)yeah.....
    ~Brittany~

^.^cute amv^.^

Cause I don't want you to know where I am, cause then you'll see my heart
    in the saddest state it's ever been.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by kawaii_develish_twins
    english is by far the easiest language cause im learning japanese and i live in the us and japanese is a hell of a lot harder i mean come on it only has 26 letters and japan has like 100 (actually a lot more but.......)yeah.....
    Is it really? I've heard people say English is the hardest to learn because our language is so different from the rest and because of our many incorporations from random languages it makes people confused, especially for spelling things (take "island" for example).

On the other hand I've heard people say they had an easier time learning English. I wonder what is actually right?

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat
    Is it really? I've heard people say English is the hardest to learn because our language is so different from the rest and because of our many incorporations from random languages it makes people confused, especially for spelling things (take "island" for example).

On the other hand I've heard people say they had an easier time learning English. I wonder what is actually right?
    Probably depends on the language you first spoke, the language you normally speak. People who speak a language like Japanese or Chinese probably will have a tougher time learning English because English is so different. People who normally speak languages similar to English might not have such a bad time with it.

But really, I don't know; I'm awful with foreign languages.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

The Curious Wanderer Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2010 01:05 AM
    Threads

I would have to go with English knowing that I know more English then any other language. However I have taken some spanish and if I was better at that language I am sure that I would like that one even better.

[An amazing set by KP4]

Ooo a Fan Button! =P

Totally Better Than You Thirteenth is a splendid one to behold Thirteenth is a splendid one to behold Thirteenth is a splendid one to behold Thirteenth is a splendid one to behold Thirteenth is a splendid one to behold Thirteenth is a splendid one to behold Thirteenth is a splendid one to behold Thirteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2008 04:43 PM
    Threads

Well.. I obviously speak english the best.. I'm sure the majority of people who come here speak english more fluently too.. Seeing as though this site is IN ENGLISH.. :/ But, who knows?
    「ずっと愛してる、カイル。。。」
    "There is always a way to save yourself."

Stolen Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2008 06:20 PM
    Threads

I think there is no "Best" language for all contain a certain beautiful element that attracts or repels us from them. For if there was one "Best" language wouldn't we all want to learn it?

Honestly I find every language in equal with another.

~Seldy~

Honeybee of Randomness miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai is a name known to all miss honeybee ai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2006 09:56 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet of Death
    American is the only language that does not sound lik jiberish
    american ain't a language.....french is so much prettier to english

Join isolated.wonderland forums:
    http://isowonder.phpbb3.net

Also join Crimson Flames
    http://saramood.phpbb3.net

Senior Member Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts 147 - Dratini Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2013 03:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, I know that English is the hardest language there is, right next to Chinese. But personally, I like japanese, spanish, french, and latin. those languages are quite easy, to me at least.
    Signature by Seung-li

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

English is very hard. The spelling rules ("i before e except after c"... eh?!), the grammar, commas... yep, hard language. Try teaching it to someone that doesn't know any English.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

*celebrates with Hawk* Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2008 11:42 AM
    Threads

Uropean all the way lol the way thy diss the lamo americans! it sound so awsome!

Family:
    Sister: lorie, Keyasaffection
    Aunt: beatrix_bunny220

Totally Better Than You Thirteenth is a splendid one to behold Thirteenth is a splendid one to behold Thirteenth is a splendid one to behold Thirteenth is a splendid one to behold Thirteenth is a splendid one to behold Thirteenth is a splendid one to behold Thirteenth is a splendid one to behold Thirteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2008 04:43 PM
    Threads

Lol. I agree with Seldrima. There really isn't a BEST language. Depending on where you're from, that language may fall under your favor.. :/ I like the Japanese language, I don't know why, but I do. I'm not saying it's the greatest langauge of all time and everyone should learn it. I just wish that I was able to speak it. This Thread is kind of.. Unneccessary.. Now that Selly said that..xD
    「ずっと愛してる、カイル。。。」
    "There is always a way to save yourself."

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If it counts, and I really think it should, Math. All other languages suck.

KUH-nuffle Bunny to you Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2013 09:29 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha_rox_my_sox1089
    If you don't speak it fluently, English is one of the hardest languages to learn. Heck, it's my native language and I cannot even understand it! There are so many grammar rules and many other confusing aspects of the language. Thank god the English alphabet is only composed of 26 letters!
    that's not true. English is NOT the hardest language to learn, it's actually proven to be one of the easiest languages to learn. I'm chinese/korean, and i know english a lot better than chinese or korean.

Siggeh made by me. Taking requests ATM! =3

Senior Member Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2008 11:44 AM
    Threads

I've taken a few psycholinguistics modules, and linguists do not consider English to be one of the easier second languages to acquire. It's not one of the more difficult, but it's quite complex and has a ridiculous number of irregularities due to all the influences it's had over the years.

I agree you can't name a 'best' language, because from a linguistic point of view, there's actually surprisingly little variation across all languages- the same features and same few grammar structures appear over and over again. In fact, some linguists who believe language is innate (explaining why it's so similar across the world) say that if an alien came to earth, they wouldn't identify hundreds of languages. They'd identify one language with hundreds of local variations.

However, I do love English (even though it's a complete mess) and Russian. I've studied French and German too, but I'm not very fond of either language.

Giv me donations. Please? XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2007 05:48 PM
    Threads

there is no best. its always depends on the culture and wat you belive in. so i pick other.
    i WILL rule the World!!!

This is what i will do to you in battle!

Give me REP!

Senior Member Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Pink And Blue Ribbon Blue Ribbon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2017 09:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

To be honest, German is a pretty good language. (In my opinion.)
    I am, I am, I am.

Rising Falcon! Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

The best languages are the ones you understand. There is technically, no best language cause it all a matter of opinion.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

Owned by Pyro <3 *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2007 09:22 PM
    Threads

uh... im confused. ok, to answer both questions i usually speak english, but my favorite language is somewhere between greek, french, and german...

DISCLAIMER:
    i dont speak a word of greek, and i only know like 4 words in german... so i guess ill pick french!

"Idle hands are the devil's playground..."

BlingedOutGeisha。 Mugen's Girl ~ has a reputation beyond repute Mugen's Girl ~ has a reputation beyond repute Mugen's Girl ~ has a reputation beyond repute Mugen's Girl ~ has a reputation beyond repute Mugen's Girl ~ has a reputation beyond repute Mugen's Girl ~ has a reputation beyond repute Mugen's Girl ~ has a reputation beyond repute Mugen's Girl ~ has a reputation beyond repute Mugen's Girl ~ has a reputation beyond repute Mugen's Girl ~ has a reputation beyond repute Mugen's Girl ~ has a reputation beyond repute Mugen's Girl ~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2007 12:09 AM
    Threads

Like Others Of You Have Said, There Is No 'Best' Language, Which I Too Think. But, The Most Intresting Language To Me Would Be Chinese. It Seems Like The Hardest Language To Learn! Probably Is.

^ ^
    XOX
    ::AOL AIM - BeBe X Famous::
    muah.

Cute and innocent <3 Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2007 11:23 PM
    Threads

Hawaiian or Chinese.

Sephy Is My Sweet Older Brother~ Lorie Is My Dear Little Sister~ *Huggles*
    *~My Hero is the Sweetest Dearest Angel Chii-chan~*

Keeper Of Dreams ♪ Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2009 03:03 AM
    Threads

I personally love the way the chinese language sounds, so that would have to be my favorite, Egyptian is pretty neat too.

Senior Member Breibhinn has a reputation beyond repute Breibhinn has a reputation beyond repute Breibhinn has a reputation beyond repute Breibhinn has a reputation beyond repute Breibhinn has a reputation beyond repute Breibhinn has a reputation beyond repute Breibhinn has a reputation beyond repute Breibhinn has a reputation beyond repute Breibhinn has a reputation beyond repute Breibhinn has a reputation beyond repute Breibhinn has a reputation beyond repute Breibhinn's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2010 05:53 PM
    Threads

Exclamation

The language I speak the most is of course English, but I love to also speak Gaelic!

Closed Thread

Thread Information