AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: ESRB Ratings

Senior Member lex__luthor is infamous around these parts lex__luthor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2007 03:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default ESRB Ratings

whats are some games that shouldnt be rated what they are and what games are genarly better E T M AO i go with T and some E's i want your opinion

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

I like the idea of this thread here..

I recall the story of the "Hot Coffee" mod to one of the GTA games. I feel they shouldn't have treated the modified game as anything worth rating. Also, Elder Scrolls IV, where they change the rating because of another mod allowing "nude" skins. I also believe that shouldn't have been taken into account with the ratings.

I strongly believe in the game ratings. I think they're a great idea, but what should be rated is the game AS IT IS RELEASED. When users modify their game, then the rating should no longer apply.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Member TheHumanoidTyphoon is infamous around these parts TheHumanoidTyphoon is infamous around these parts TheHumanoidTyphoon is infamous around these parts TheHumanoidTyphoon is infamous around these parts TheHumanoidTyphoon is infamous around these parts TheHumanoidTyphoon is infamous around these parts TheHumanoidTyphoon is infamous around these parts TheHumanoidTyphoon is infamous around these parts TheHumanoidTyphoon is infamous around these parts TheHumanoidTyphoon is infamous around these parts TheHumanoidTyphoon is infamous around these parts TheHumanoidTyphoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-18-2008 12:56 PM
    Threads

I think Taking GTA SA off the market was a little unfair..

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Regex
    I recall the story of the "Hot Coffee" mod to one of the GTA games. I feel they shouldn't have treated the modified game as anything worth rating.
    The hot coffee mode wasn't a mod. It was a mini-game programmed into the game by one of the rockstar north employies who thought it would be funny. it was activated via action replay for the PS2.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Redfield22
    The hot coffee mode wasn't a mod. It was a mini-game programmed into the game by one of the rockstar north employies who thought it would be funny. it was activated via action replay for the PS2.
    It was written into the game originally, but was made impossible to access. When you use a third party modification to the game to access it (I.e. memory modification, game patches, etc) then you are no longer playing the game as released by Rockstar.

You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Grammar Nazi viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2006 08:00 AM
    Threads

Eh, games are rated the way they're rated, it's just like movies. Some are rated older than they need, some younger.
    Remember, for every interesting or cool sig you read, there are at least 10 boring sigs that make you hate reading sigs.

Have something different, then.

Member Vash the Flash is infamous around these parts Vash the Flash's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2006 08:15 AM
    Threads

What's the point of the rating system, no one pays attention to it anyway.

We the Willing lead by the Unknowing,
    Are doing to impossible for the ungrateful,
    We have done so much for so long with so little,
    We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Vash the Flash
    What's the point of the rating system, no one pays attention to it anyway.
    For parents who want to make sure they get a game appropriate for their kids.

And most retailers actually won't sell an "M" or "AO" game to someone under 17.

You know it's true.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Most retailers won't sell AO games period.

I felt really weird when I got carded for GTA:SA. Even fully clothed sex included, I've seen FAR worse in an R movie, and I have never gotten carded for buying those (At theaters, yes. But home DVD purchase? No.)
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

The Nine Tailed Ninja Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2008 08:57 AM
    Why do you want to know, huh? You plan on stalking me or something? >.>
    Threads

I think that Shadow the Hedgehog should have been rated T instead of E10+ because of all the cursing and stuff in that game.

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

Eh, I like the ESRB ratings on some days. It gives people clues as to what is to expect from the game.

Example: A parent wants to buy their six year-old son a video game. They can look at the rating, and know not to buy the game when it's rated M. Otherwise, the parent might pick up a game such as God of War or Bloodrayne 2. Not too wonderful for the six year-olds brain.

But I do get tired of being carded for M games. Why? Mosty because I'm only seventeen, and unable to get them some places. Also, I'm never asked my age when buying an R movie or a book. Tons of books have explicit sex scenes or language, but no one gets carded for those.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Senior Member lex__luthor is infamous around these parts lex__luthor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2007 03:21 PM
    Threads

kybui naruto is the only one who answered my question thanks

*in love with kyle busch* Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:01 PM
    Threads

I like the idea of this thread here..

I recall the story of the "Hot Coffee" mod to one of the GTA games. I feel they shouldn't have treated the modified game as anything worth rating. Also, Elder Scrolls IV, where they change the rating because of another mod allowing "nude" skins. I also believe that shouldn't have been taken into account with the ratings.

I strongly believe in the game ratings. I think they're a great idea, but what should be rated is the game AS IT IS RELEASED. When users modify their game, then the rating should no longer apply.
    I agree with you. The ESRB gave into political pressure with the whole "hot coffee" mod inccident. Why change a game to "Adult", a good while after it was released, just because some perverted little nerds tried to exploit a mod that wasn't meant to be found? Granted, I blame Rockstar for not making sure that the mod was eliminated from the programming completely, but "Adult"? C'mon now. Even so, I highly respect what the ESRB is doing, in alerting parents about what their kids are playing, with the rating system.

I have no preference to what rating level for games I like to play, but I typically get "T" and "E" games.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by tehAnimeFreak101
    Granted, I blame Rockstar for not making sure that the mod was eliminated from the programming completely
    Why?
    It was a minigame they had originally planned on including in the game. When they decided not to, they removed the ability to access it. If a user comes and changes the game so you can access it, you are no longer playing the same game. If you modify Super Mario Bros so the character models aren't wearing clothes, and change the text to something sexually explicit, this doesn't mean the game rating should change from E to M or AO. Because you had to MODIFY the game for this content to be viewed.

You know it's true.

*in love with kyle busch* Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:01 PM
    Threads

Why?
    It was a minigame they had originally planned on including in the game. When they decided not to, they removed the ability to access it. If a user comes and changes the game so you can access it, you are no longer playing the same game. If you modify Super Mario Bros so the character models aren't wearing clothes, and change the text to something sexually explicit, this doesn't mean the game rating should change from E to M or AO. Because you had to MODIFY the game for this content to be viewed.
    Still, the "minigame" was still there; unaccessible, but still there. Don't get me wrong, though; unlike many of the opportunistic politicians out there, I blame the people who altered the game and exposed this mod, more than I do Rockstar. It was a stupid thing to do, that much I know is true. Also, I don't believe that the rating should have been changed at all, despite my opinion on the matter.

Closed Thread

Thread Information